Chuze Fitness Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Horrible place to work. Don’t waste your time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 14, 2019
meeting new people and seeing the same guests was great!! But everything else was horrible. You’re doing way more work then you’re getting paid to do. They say they’re all about friendliness and family. Yet my managers were extremely rude to me all the time. If I needed something ordered, he wouldn’t do it unless someone else told him. Every time I went to say hi, he would just walk away. And I always got yelled at if I needed to use the restroom. How dare I use the bathroom on company time, right? The managers are just rude and unprofessional. And if you have an issue with one of them, you have to keep it to yourself. HR won’t do anything except tell them and make the issue worse. The staff is okay. But they are rude if you work kidsclub and don’t want to help them with THEIR responsibility’s when your shift is over. But expecting them to come help with your responsibilities is like asking them for a kidney. And when you want to move up in the company, you better be one of their favorite employees. Or forget it. You’re stuck where you are. You don’t get a real break. They will interrupt you and have you go clean something on your break. They say they will help you. But they won’t. I think Chuze is one of the worst company’s I have ever worked for.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Everything about working there
Good SHORT TERM Job, Possibly better in larger districts.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2019
This job is good in the short term, but there are many sketchy things that happen as you try to advance. Some of the things in this district that were major red flags:

Many of the managers are married, all the way up through the company. If you feel uncomfortable or have issues with management, who do you approach? HR does not help anyone but management, and will just redirect any issues back to management. That effectively makes it a highly volatile environment for getting advice/voicing complaints.

I saw sexual misconduct complaints buried.

They constantly will try to sell you on the job to qualm discontent. Mandatory meetings and team outings where they will try to sell you on their "family friendly culture" and try to gaslight any issues within that location back onto the employees (there are one of two patterns that follows all locations... this message being repeated to existing employees once employees begin to settle into a location, or high turnover. Once again, none of the employees will feel comfortable approaching HR. It took me getting a job with actual positive company culture to realize how this is NOT normal at other jobs).

They will promise you a certain schedule as a full-time employee and can't deliver. I had to drop over $1000 worth of classes during my employment because their turnover meant they couldn't schedule what they promised me.

Unreliable management. If it's not outright bad/sketchy management, it's unreliable. I have known of several employees from all different locations where management attempted to write them up after incorrectly
  more... scheduling them during their school schedule. Once again, their turnover negatively impacts their employees and if you stay there long term it affects your work/life balance. They also were totally unorganized, and would leave out pending writeup drafts on their computers as those employees clocked in. The rest of the shift I would have to supervise bummed out employees with a massive feeling of dread, that would hang over their head during their shifts. No feelings of job security for them.

To expand on the above, I've seen employees written up for being sick with doctor notes because they didn't have AZ sick time.

Compensation was not good. They will rave about promotions and company culture, but be aware they have high turnover and need to combat that by selling you more responsibilities/harder work ethic. They more than once tried to talk me into putting school on hold so they could transfer me to one of the new districts. Keep in mind many jobs in the area will not require you to work as hard and offer needed benefits like 401k (chuze does not? why? ), and MUCH better health insurance and job advancement. Learn what you can learn in the meantime, but this company, despite what they say, do not follow old-fashioned company values. There is NOT company loyalty and if you feel underpaid (as most supervisors/veteran employees do, as they expect you to tackle on more responsibilities with minimal promotions) after 1.5 years, seriously consider relocating your skills to a company that will pay you for them.

Many of these positive reviews are also operations (management, home office, high positions in the company that don't have to deal with these issues) which I can see clearly from the employment duration

That said, these only become issues after you get settled. Before you're settled, you're still unskilled and can get away with avoiding these things, but eventually, they really erode all sense of a work-life balance and the issues become very apparent.
Pros
vision, dental
Cons
numerous, but only apparent after the first year
Great Company who truly cares
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 22, 2018
This company definitely makes their way to help make sure your taken care of. They stand by what they're about and always help what is going to help you grow as an employee and a person. All the way up to the owners you'll find genuine relationships that will last forever. The atmosphere while you work is pleasant and desirable. Each person you work with is there because of the extensive hiring process they go through. This is one of the best jobs and companies I've ever worked for. Fully thankful to have been given the opportunity to work with them.
Pros
promotes within, positive atmosphere, management that cares about their employees
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 3, 2018
I am recently looking for a new job because it is not realistic to my life. As a part time worker it is easy to balance, good attitude enviroment, meeting new people is a lot of fun and managers care. Recently as a supervisor they are asking way too much from me. I get minimal to no sleep monday -thursday trying to balance everything, staff is being judgemental and saying I am not doing my job even when I am, and they are not willing to give me time days off because it is when we are most busy. I would'nt recommend being above a supervisor if you are trying to balance school and work. Other than that, it is a great company and they will help you grow and give you exceptional people skills.
Pros
free membership, fun meetings, outings, health benefits and 401K, meet new and fun people
Cons
no discount on smoothies, some drama here and there, doesn't pay well.
Amazing Place to Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 25, 2017
I absolutely loved my job. They are an amazing company to work for and treats their employees great! The pay is average but the people you work with become great life long friends!
Pros
Free Membership
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 25, 2017
Very friendly and fast paced but rewarding environment place to work with many great people and learn about a thriving industry, great for someone who is perhaps a student since schedules can be very accommodating.
Good position, but job security and turnover is a big issue
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 13, 2014
Good position, some good people in management. But overall the environment is pretty tense. Always people on the block, constant turnover, sometimes for petty and outside of work issues.
Family owned and run, inner circle is impossible to get into.
no support
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  national city,caApril 2, 2014
management is very rude, would talk bad about members and also applicants for jobs. would tell personal private information to other employees. not professional at all, and when i tried to ask for help from HR they ignored me and did nothing. would not recommend working here
Pros
members
Cons
managment