Chuze Fitness Employee Reviews for Team Member

Love the members, don't love the manager
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2019
I really loved the job itself; I never minded the cleaning and I thouroughly enjoyed the people who would come in to work out. What I didn't love was my management, leaving the job months ago was a great decision based on the fact that I never felt as though I could really move up within the company. Not only that, but I always felt highly underappreciated for the work that I did, that we all did. Management was not communicative and did not help individuals reach their full potential. Sad actually.
Pros
free membership
Cons
most everything else
Fun place that taught me a lot about life and myself.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 15, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of me getting to walk around the gym and greet every member I make eye contact with while assessing what needs to be done around the facility in terms of cleanliness, maintenance, or policy enforcing. Once that complete I would head to the front desk and swap out whoever is already there so I can take care of member sign ups and account changes. I learned not only so much about life and people while working for Chuze but I also learned a great deal about myself, what I can and cannot handle and what I am capable of. The culture was by far the best I've ever experienced. No matter how I entered work before clocking in, whether I was happy or sad, I always left feeling accomplished. The hardest part of the job was having to leave since I relocated. Nothing about the actual job itself was too difficult for me at least. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in a stranger's life with something so simple as just greeting them at the door.
Pros
Free membership, 30% discount on merchandise
Cons
advancement is a difficult process
Super fun and wonderful atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  National City, CASeptember 6, 2018
I loved working there I would go back if I could you grow so much as a person just working there you get to meet different type of people and experience what it is to have outstanding customer Service.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Wish they gave more hours
Feel appreciated but not compensated
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
I enjoy working at Chuze fitness, although, I have often felt like a glorified janitor. I love the member relations that I have built. The company allows for advancement and genuinely wants their employees to succeed.
Pros
Complimentary gym membership, mostly awesome members, room for advancement, strong coworker relationships...
Cons
Lots of cleaning, minimum pay, the occasional frustrations with disrespectful members, all member services all dealt with on the club level (past due accounts, new members, etc).
Fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMarch 25, 2017
Great first job. Management works well with staff to give you days off for school, events, etc... Overall, fantastic place to work. From staff, to management, to the members themselves.
Fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Between going to school and my son, the hours were so flexible and the manager so positive it was almost always possible to get exactly what I wanted.

If you're opening the gym the day starts early but ends early, if you're closing it the situation flips.

Very simple job, but not really easy. Customer service with being a janitor, so it's not exactly a complicated day but a bad one can be unpleasant.

Pretty big on mentorship, the supervisors were all about teaching me new things.
Beyond the worst company you can work for
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 10, 2016
I really regret working for Chuze, as they do not ACTUALLY live up to their company's "high" standards. I've been a member there for years, and to become a part of their team was really disappointing (at least at the Garden Grove location). The management picks favorites and everyone talks behind each other's backs. There is absolutely no room for potential growth or a possibility of earning a higher position, unless you kissed your way up to the top. I've met the actual owners of this company and they were warm and decent to talk to, but they need to take a look at their management again. When I worked there, my coworkers were so unprofessional that the manager and assistant manager were "just friends" but ended up having a baby together accidentally. The whole company started gossiping and it turned into a high school feed. It was pathetic, needless to say. Regardless of what position you sign up for, they make you do everything from selling memberships to cleaning the toilet. Chuze really does try and keep their gym clean and wiped, but if you want to work for a company that respects its employees then you better look elsewhere. Aside from the ridiculous paragraph they make you memorize to restate to potential members, they also monitor your every move even when you're taking a short bathroom break. I was good at my job and really enjoyed interacting with the customers. The best part was networking and meeting new people who walk through your door, but nothing else from this company made me want to stay.
Pros
Interacting with customers, eating my 30 minute lunch
Cons
Lots of gossip from coworkers, low pay for performing a lot of tasks, occasional rude customer, egotistical and rude management, huge turnover job
Productivity and clean environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  National City, CASeptember 29, 2016
I learned how to do billing and front desk operations. Co workers are really friendly and the most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfied customers with a clean workout environment and happy employees.