Chuze Fitness Employee Review

View all Chuze Fitness reviews

Beyond the worst company you can work for
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 10, 2016
I really regret working for Chuze, as they do not ACTUALLY live up to their company's "high" standards. I've been a member there for years, and to become a part of their team was really disappointing (at least at the Garden Grove location). The management picks favorites and everyone talks behind each other's backs. There is absolutely no room for potential growth or a possibility of earning a higher position, unless you kissed your way up to the top. I've met the actual owners of this company and they were warm and decent to talk to, but they need to take a look at their management again. When I worked there, my coworkers were so unprofessional that the manager and assistant manager were "just friends" but ended up having a baby together accidentally. The whole company started gossiping and it turned into a high school feed. It was pathetic, needless to say. Regardless of what position you sign up for, they make you do everything from selling memberships to cleaning the toilet. Chuze really does try and keep their gym clean and wiped, but if you want to work for a company that respects its employees then you better look elsewhere. Aside from the ridiculous paragraph they make you memorize to restate to potential members, they also monitor your every move even when you're taking a short bathroom break. I was good at my job and really enjoyed interacting with the customers. The best part was networking and meeting new people who walk through your door, but nothing else from this company made me want to stay.
Pros
Interacting with customers, eating my 30 minute lunch
Cons
Lots of gossip from coworkers, low pay for performing a lot of tasks, occasional rude customer, egotistical and rude management, huge turnover job

Other Chuze Fitness Employee Reviews

Chuze fitness
Overnight Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 16, 2019
While working at chuze fitness it was a good working environment and meet many people. However, location was a hazel. I had to look for a job closer to my home.
Not A Place For Normal People
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2019
This place has way to much drama to it. Too many people whining and complaining about their job. There is a lot more than what meets the eye when first hired on, so do not get sucked into the drama. This is also a gym, and there is a lot of flirting and weirdness that occurs. If you're into a Jersey Shore type of life style, then this is the job for you. If you're a regular person who actually wants a nice casual job for part time or whatever, go elsewhere. Every single shift has new drama and a lot of people talking badly about one another. Including management.
Pros
The work is easy
Cons
Cleaning is pointless here, management is young and has zero clue what is going on, and they do not care about your schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuze Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight