Chuze Fitness Employee Review

View all Chuze Fitness reviews

Good SHORT TERM Job, Possibly better in larger districts.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2019
This job is good in the short term, but there are many sketchy things that happen as you try to advance. Some of the things in this district that were major red flags:

Many of the managers are married, all the way up through the company. If you feel uncomfortable or have issues with management, who do you approach? HR does not help anyone but management, and will just redirect any issues back to management. That effectively makes it a highly volatile environment for getting advice/voicing complaints.

I saw sexual misconduct complaints buried.

They constantly will try to sell you on the job to qualm discontent. Mandatory meetings and team outings where they will try to sell you on their "family friendly culture" and try to gaslight any issues within that location back onto the employees (there are one of two patterns that follows all locations... this message being repeated to existing employees once employees begin to settle into a location, or high turnover. Once again, none of the employees will feel comfortable approaching HR. It took me getting a job with actual positive company culture to realize how this is NOT normal at other jobs).

They will promise you a certain schedule as a full-time employee and can't deliver. I had to drop over $1000 worth of classes during my employment because their turnover meant they couldn't schedule what they promised me.

Unreliable management. If it's not outright bad/sketchy management, it's unreliable. I have known of several employees from all different locations where management attempted to write them up after incorrectly
  more... scheduling them during their school schedule. Once again, their turnover negatively impacts their employees and if you stay there long term it affects your work/life balance. They also were totally unorganized, and would leave out pending writeup drafts on their computers as those employees clocked in. The rest of the shift I would have to supervise bummed out employees with a massive feeling of dread, that would hang over their head during their shifts. No feelings of job security for them.

To expand on the above, I've seen employees written up for being sick with doctor notes because they didn't have AZ sick time.

Compensation was not good. They will rave about promotions and company culture, but be aware they have high turnover and need to combat that by selling you more responsibilities/harder work ethic. They more than once tried to talk me into putting school on hold so they could transfer me to one of the new districts. Keep in mind many jobs in the area will not require you to work as hard and offer needed benefits like 401k (chuze does not? why? ), and MUCH better health insurance and job advancement. Learn what you can learn in the meantime, but this company, despite what they say, do not follow old-fashioned company values. There is NOT company loyalty and if you feel underpaid (as most supervisors/veteran employees do, as they expect you to tackle on more responsibilities with minimal promotions) after 1.5 years, seriously consider relocating your skills to a company that will pay you for them.

Many of these positive reviews are also operations (management, home office, high positions in the company that don't have to deal with these issues) which I can see clearly from the employment duration

That said, these only become issues after you get settled. Before you're settled, you're still unskilled and can get away with avoiding these things, but eventually, they really erode all sense of a work-life balance and the issues become very apparent.
Pros
vision, dental
Cons
numerous, but only apparent after the first year

Other Chuze Fitness Employee Reviews

Seems amazing, but that's a lie
Team Member/ Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 21, 2019
When you start working here everything seems amazing and hopeful and positive. Then after a while you start to see all the games and the favoritism and it becomes a very hostile work environment. Management does not know what they're doing. The turnover rate is ridiculous. At first they make you feel appreciated and then they turn around an act shiesty. It's a very confusing place to be. when you are not welcome anymore they will do anything in their power to try and get you fired even when they don't have grounds to do so. I probably could have sued them if I would have proceeded with that, but I decided against that due to my own personal health and I didn't want it to be some long drawn out battle. This place is great for students who have all the free time in the world. Definitely not a place for working mothers or fathers. It's a place full of hypocrites as well. I recommend this job only as an entry-level job just have something on a resume for something better down the road. There is so much drama drama drama. Beware.
Pros
Free gum membership
Cons
Everything else
productive
Kids Club Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 13, 2019
Enjoyed working but felt as if sometimes they didn't really bother to help with problems i had. Also felt as if certain people could get away with stuff and others couldn't.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuze Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight