Chuze Fitness Employee Reviews

Different days
Exceptional customer service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2016
Did a lot of different stuff so interacting with lots of new people. It was a different day with new things to deal with very interesting.
Productive, fun, friendly work environment
Front Desk Team Member (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 26, 2014
Chuze Fitness is one of the most amazing locations that I am privileged to work at. I already had customer service skills, but this job improved them so much that I began to build one on one relationships with some of the members. The management team and my co-workers are like family to me. We get everything done that is needed for a successful day but have fun while doing it. We build professional and personal bonds together along with our guests. A typical day at work consists of lots of greetings and goodbyes, but most of all cleaning. From cleaning treadmills to squat machines, and even the floors, Chuze has an extremely clean facility. Along with cleaning I also sign guests up for new memberships and unfortunately have to cancel some as well. We also take payments, make corrections on incorrect documents, change billing information, and change payment information. To me there is not a real hard part in my job, because I love what I do. Unfortunately, if I have to pick one thing it would be cancelling out a member that waited to long and would have to owe for the following month. Even though we tell them when they sign up that they must cancel 10 days to the following bill date if they ever wish to do that, and they sign a document stating they understand that, when they come in they say we never told them (I guess that depends who signed them up). Regardless, it is never a good moment dealing with an unhappy member. To end on a good note the best part of my job is my family. My team members make each day so enjoyable. There is never a frowning moment here at Chuze Fitness.
Pros
Healthcare
My overall experience
Team Member/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  National City, CAOctober 10, 2014
Everyday that we walked in we make sure that we greet customers as the come and go. Help get a membership at the local gym that can help customers get batter within their fitness life style. clean the gym by picking up the trash on the ground and putting weight away for the new person can used the weights. The most awesome part about this job is to see customers leave with a smile knowing that we can make a difference for them.
Pros
Make a difference, clean, customers service
Cons
need better employee clothes, listen to employee that there on a day to day bases
Productive and fun work enviorment
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAOctober 4, 2014
Good if its your first job and want to gain customer service skills and computer skills.
Good position, but job security and turnover is a big issue
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 13, 2014
Good position, some good people in management. But overall the environment is pretty tense. Always people on the block, constant turnover, sometimes for petty and outside of work issues.
Family owned and run, inner circle is impossible to get into.
no support
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  national city,caApril 2, 2014
management is very rude, would talk bad about members and also applicants for jobs. would tell personal private information to other employees. not professional at all, and when i tried to ask for help from HR they ignored me and did nothing. would not recommend working here
Pros
members
Cons
managment
Great work environment
Front Desk/Event Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2013
We have a great team to work with
I learned to hone my customer service skills
My co-workers were great workers
Hardest part of the job was dealing with member billing issues
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people better themselves
Great work place and customer service
Front Desk associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 14, 2013
constantly cleaning to maintain our motto ("the cleanest gym in the world")
greeting members
answering phone calls
answering questions
giving tours of the facility
selling memberships
signing people up for the gym

management was fun and very helpful
tight knit group of coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuze Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight