Cianbro Employee Reviews

Company against the men
Line crew foreman (Former Employee) –  Maine, New HampshireOctober 15, 2018
The company lumps the line crews in with the rest of the trades and treats you like you know nothing. Benefits suck, 401k with a profit sharing match so most years it's not much, insurance with a $3000 deductible, time off is accrued through the year so what you earn this year you get next year. Cianbro will fire you for the dumbest reasons
Pros
Cons
No benefits, pay sucks, no crew loyalty
No es lo que la compañia ofrece
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Tienenque mejor mas en lo que es hacer el trabajo yo trbajo con un jefe que en la mañana hacemos las cosas como segun el dice que va y en la tarde andamos desalmando todo de nuevo oirque no iva asi mi recimendacion seria que el encargado chequee los planos 100 veces y hacer las cosas una sola vez y segura porque cuando sale algo mal lo que pasa es que el tiempo perdido lo quieren reponer corriendo y ahi es donde se quebrantan las reglas de seguridad donde ocurren los accidente
Workplace culture is changing
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2018
Good company with a great safety program. If you are willing to travel project placement becomes easier. Company will train you for your craft and also on equipment.
Cons
travel
Pretty decent company to work for all in all.
Regional Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2018
The company could use a revamp on the way they handle certain situations involving safety practices and training their employees.
Feel like they lead people on pre hire just to get you into the company and turn the other cheek once hired. (Smoke and Mirrors).
Hard Work Pays off
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJanuary 26, 2018
Well paid good hours, it was a good place to work. The environment was always new, a lot of travel. Well paid i enjoyed it very much and i was sad to go
Benefits
Safest company I've ever worked for
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 9, 2017
Great company to work for. Safest place I've ever worked. Culture of safety first is second to none in the industry. Their shortcoming is in the hourly pay. Other than that, a top notch company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, time off, etc...
Cons
Low hourly pay.
it was a great job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEOctober 18, 2017
this is a job for the traveling welder I would go all over the country welding I learned pipe welding management was great they took good care of us if we had troubles at home seeing we where far away the men I worked with where like brothers hardest part of the job was leaving love one behind
Pros
the work was great
Cons
leave my wife at home
Cianbro
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEOctober 2, 2017
I worked for this company a long time ago but benefits and compensation were great especially for a Maine company. There was plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Great place to work if you love different types of construction
welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 7, 2017
Cianbro works on just about everything. that is the most interesting part. The Family feel culture is great, never had or saw any issues on sites with coworkers. people really go out of the way to help each other. I went through the training with Cianbro was top notch, not just the trade side but they help you grow as a supervisor. If you show up, work hard, work safe, and get along with Team members you will not have an issues here. you will find a career not just a job.
Pros
culture and jobs
great company questionable motives
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEJuly 6, 2017
great and safe work environment with friendly co workers. Decent pay and good benefits. only complaint is I got injured and tore my ACL in my right knee and was out on disability for a few months while I recovered from surgery. I then returned to work to be laid off 2 weeks after my return and was told I would be contacted soon about another job site they would be sending me. Months passed and no word until one day I receive a call telling me that I was being placed on indefinite layoff and the woman I spoke with then started talking about my missed work time due to my injury as if that was why I was being let go. now I know the sad truth is that many companies do this and as soon as you get injured or have a disability they do every thing they can to get rid of you as if you just painted a target on your back. I was just honestly shocked that Cianbro was one of them because they were a extremely great company to work for and they never made people feel stupid for not knowing some thing they would just take the time to teach you.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
getting injured = laid off
Do not want to rate Cianbro at this time
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAMay 29, 2017
Due to confidential matters I would prefer not to rate this company. I do not believe it is in my best interest for me to fill out any more information for a rating.
Great employment when they have work
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEMarch 23, 2017
Good place to work if you like traveling,work is always out of state.must have own tools and good reliable transportation.,and must pay for youre own motel stay,its not covered by cianbro.
its alot of hurry up and wait
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MEMarch 6, 2017
almost every single day you are redoing someones screw up mainly coming from the engineers. 90% of the time if you think something is going together good its not and you have to wait hours maybe days to get the right print or right approval.
productive
Level 1 Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2017
very focus on keeping employees healthy. Really enjoyed every morning exercise. Cianbro gives his employees fruits every day, 2 breaks a day 1 hr lunch. Co workers and management are fair and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
area were I worked closed
Awesome Company
Changes (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 26, 2016
I loved working for this company. Slow times lead to layoffs. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Job titles tend to change for each project depending on the needs for each site.
Pros
Compasation, benefits, 401k
Cons
Have to stay out of town frequently.
Great Place
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2016
Great schedule. Great training. Great co workers. Great benefits. Easy to advance. Company cares for employees. Great raises. Laid back atmosphere.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
Great company, great people, awesome benefits. Busy days with a lot of meaningful challenges! If you're willing to grow as an employee they will invest in you!
Pros
wellness
Good workers .
Lead man / foreman (Former Employee) –  Mannassas VAAugust 18, 2016
Loved the workers there . The benefits were good but some of the management were a little conspicuous . The daily activity there were good days the stretching of a morning was really good for the workers as well !
Very safe construction company to work for with questionable management.
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Baileyville, MEAugust 14, 2016
A typical day working for this company starts with stretches and going over how everyone is going to be safe for the day. i learned how to build and weld together box cranes. Management was not the greatest, but my co-workers were awesome. the hardest part of the job was where the job location was, there was no actual knowing where they would send you and how long you would stay there plus they didn't reserve any hotel for you to stay in. The most enjoyable part of the job was we could make up our own hours depending on the work load.
Pros
great benefits and good wages.
Cons
Management was terrible.
I had a good experience when i was there
Machine Operator and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDJuly 18, 2016
They really care about the employees , and they made sure your safe while working . The on the job training was hands on and they where always glad to help you if needed .
Pros
pay rate was good
Cons
Job Security was not so good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cianbro. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about