CIBA Vision Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great location
Manager, Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 27, 2018
I worked there when it was in a start up mode in the 90's - much has changed since then. As a start up there were many challenges between departments.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management not communicating
Enjoyable, new sales experience, enjoyed the travel, and the interaction
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 8, 2018
I called on optical professionals and retailers. Made sales call in a 3-4 state area. Sold contact lenses and cleaners to my customers as well as co-marketing internally and externally to move and provide a profit to their business. It was challenging but not overly difficult to maintain an effective call cycle with set appointments in such a large geography. But I enjoyed the follow up visits where I got to hear success stories from my customers of how well a program worked or new product began to grow.
Pros
helping my customers be profitable while their customers received better healthcare
Cons
territory size and traveling as I grew my family
Fun work place and very productive
Injection Molding Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 2, 2018
While i was with the company long, my time there was very enjoyable. The pay was good considering i was in my early twenties while working there. Management was fair and strived for collaborative efforts to get the job done.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Limited time
Very relaxed yet competitive work place
Process Technician DSM (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 6, 2017
Basically loading and unloading product if already loaded in the machine. If a new product needs to be run, all the equipment are set up with the specifications of that new product, and a lot change is performed accordingly.
Pros
Good working environment with a lot of learning resources are available on the company web site.
Cons
Temporary workers stay too long before being hired permanent.
Machine Operator (Tech B) (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 7, 2017
working for Ciba Vision is a great experience. Nice atmosphere and people are easy to work with. Here at Ciba Vision there is a lot to learn but making quality contact lenses for people in need is worth the work.
Pros
free lunches at times
Great Team Environment & Co-Workers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAOctober 2, 2017
At Ciba Vision, I was responsible for a vast number of different administrative responsibilities for many different departments in my area. As a result, my daily routine changed on a regular basis which enabled me to gain valuable experience.
Pros
Great Team of Co-Workers
Cons
Down-sizing occurred frequently.
Comfortable working environment
Technician B (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GA 30097August 26, 2017
Enjoyed working at Ciba Vision. Great coworkers. Team environment with excellent benefits and pay. With work schedule had time off during the week to take care of personal business.
Chemical/ Electronic Planner Buyer
A Buyer Planner & Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cidra, PR 00739July 20, 2017
Chemical/ Electronic Planner Buyer for 400 employees $500M medical devices operation. Directly responsible for
Purchasing raw material, MRO, Capitals procurement & resin, Chemicals, pre-membrane, plus over 5k metals, mechanicals
Part for electronic devices.
Fair
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 30, 2017
Good pay and good people to work with work there for several years. never had a problem with any fellow worker. I would recommend them as a good place to work.
Fun work place
Operator Technician / Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2017
Love working for this company. Got to meet all kind of good people. Managers and supervisors was excellent to work with was rewarded with bonuses and gifts
Pros
Great job
Cons
Laid off

Want to know more about CIBA Vision?

Ask a question
Good job its enjoyable
SPC/MRI Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 30, 2017
The job consists of inspecting molds for contacts for flaws as well as inspecting the contacts as well. consistently pull contacts from moving molds consecutively and place in vile and take back to lab for inspection the fill out forms to that effect and file as well as distribute to different areas for review and resolution
Pros
The job is great as you continue you will learn more about the industry
Cons
Relating to the people on a personal level needs work and they try to implement it through classes, some employees people skills are dry don't separate work relations from personal
Great while it lasted.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 29, 2017
Very great place to work. Management treated workers well. During the recession company had to restructure. Was bought out causing harm to senoir employees.
Mixed cultures and friendly environment
PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA, USAMarch 24, 2017
Safety was more emhpasised and, quality of product. Met different people from different countries with cultures and values. Managements was so excellent. Adapting to the weather though air condition was provided.
Pros
401k, balanced social life
Cons
not that Im aware of
Worst Company I ever worked for.
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2017
Good old boys club. Misogynistic management.Hardly any women worked with me. toxic work environment. Pitted employees against each other. Mind games
Pros
Cons
Toxic managment
A very enjoyable place to work
Lead Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 29, 2016
all equipment ran on consistent basis without much breakdowns.
I was given opportunities to learn above my expectations to better myself. Management would give you a chance if that's what your desire was. Nothing was really hard about the job. I enjoyed the team atmosphere that our shift produced.
Product development engineer job was rewarding
Sr. Validation Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 18, 2016
I had a very understanding a easy to work wih manager who helped me through the project. Operators were available when I needed them to do something for me.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cidra, PRNovember 10, 2016
It was a good company because give me the best knowledge on the necesary fields and privides me experience for subsequent experiences. In that company I learn how good is to work together.
Productive and gained a lot of experience.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 28, 2016
I learned a lot from the company and my co-workers. Had fun working with them. The company transferred to another place.
It was productive
Technician B (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 17, 2016
I was a production operator we made contact lens there. it was a 12 hour shift nights. We had lots of employees from all walks of life. I enjoyed working there. The hardest part was staying up all night 12hr for 13years. Working with such good people.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Had on site lunch service
Experience with CIBA VISION/Alcon
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (KAM)-Southern Area (Former Employee) –  Atlanta/Johns Creek GaMay 1, 2016
My many different at CIBA VISION in multiple job roles and titles include but were not limited to. Driving sales, product launches , training of new hires. I had a class that I taught for years with all of the new hires, called " A day in the life" this was created to provide after all if the technical training of the Contact lens industry how to go " Above and beyond " to exceed account expectations. My class consistently received the highest ranking that a new representative would comment on when reviewing there training experience. My last position was with Alcon after CIBA and Alcon merged. I was responsible for the interaction between faculty and students and the relationship with Alcon at the ten Optometry schools and colleges on the east coast and Puerto Rico. I was credited with the largest most successful gathering of faculty, students, residents, administration and the entire Alcon team, Eye care, Vision Care 7 Surgical in Salus University-PCO history. I loved my interaction with the students and the opportunity to educate them by bring KOL'S on campus to provide them with knowledge to take into their upcoming career. I cannot say there was a hard part of any of my jobs in this organization, that is why I chose to stay for almost thirty years. The part I enjoyed most was the triangle relationship between myself, the customer and the company and seeing that relationship grow in virtually every position I was fortunate enough to be promoted to.
Pros
The entire relationship