CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 2,386 reviews
Sales targets stressful and unattainable
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 6, 2018
I always hit my targets but it came at a very stressful cost. Working at the call centre it was constantly in red. The environment was understaffed and crazy.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sales targets
Stressful
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  chicago ilAugust 29, 2018
CIBC has been a overall very stressful work environment. I worked in the Chicago office as the Facilities Assistant in the mail room. I was placed there through an outsource company. My experience there was unbelievable, stressful and the people at the company are very hard to work with. complains about minor things, speak down on you, sometimes scream at you when they can't get their way. I'm actually excited to be moving on to greater things outside of CIBC company.
Productive work environment
Admin. Assistant/Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017August 6, 2018
Working for CIBC was a fast paced environment. Had to be analytical and detailed oriented. Be able to delegate and communicate effectively with traders and peers.
Pros
Lucrative benefits
Cons
Sometimes overtime is required at the last minute.
Extraordinary experience on Wall St. Clients where wonderful. As face paced as can be. Invigorating.
Executive Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Started in a co-op program in high school and promoted to work with top producer by the time I graduated. Learned a great deal of the markets and gained knowledge that will last a lifetime. Still friends with co-workers and management. Traded in millions every day, and kept clients abreast of all activity and most importantly had to be there early to check prior days trades for accuracy and inform clients of morning news that affected them, all prior to opening of markets.
Pros
Experience gained, fast paced, relationships, challenging, always changing
Cons
Stressful yes, and position I held would be extremely difficult to maintain with small children and commuting.
Large organization with great people
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioJuly 16, 2018
Lots of meetings, follows process and many department engaged to complete work/ projects. People are amazing and drives the team/department ahead.

Recognition is provided for hard working employees. At times work can be demanding but allows employees to take time off when required.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Fraud Chargeback Analyst (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 25, 2018
Tuve la oportunidad de trabajar en Toronto y los Managers siempre me apoyaron mucho igual que mis compañeros de trabajo. Una buen empresa para comenzar tu carrera profesional.
Love the tellers
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMay 17, 2018
Great training and benefits. Lovely Customer service Reps. Great products. Financial Advisors are wonderful. Very friendly people in the company. Big company.
Procurement
Associate Director of Strategic Sourcing US (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017May 14, 2018
CIBC Markets was an enjoyable experience. It allowed me to work with senior management giving me a new exposure. It was my position to analyze the projects that I was assigned and provide and alternative approach for savings for the company. I was given projects that were new to the procurement department and took the head on and provided outstanding results. the most rewarding part of my job was creating a company car service for all staffing in NY and other states that CIBC was located. The most difficult part of my position was the time frame in which I had to accomplished creating the data base for the car service application.
Pros
Company atmophere
Cons
Company was dismantled after 9-11
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
great place to work and gain work experience and move up in a large and international organization. The benefits are great the culture and the people all pull together.
Pros
great international organization
Cons
growth depending on what department you work for
AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
Management had their favorites and if you were not one, you did not count. Favoritism was very big there. I survived three months before I left, its a very uncomfortable enviorment
good learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MontrealMarch 5, 2018
CIBC fosters good teamwork and leadership skills, communication and client oriented abilities. It allows for growth and constant learning. It has allowed me to set and achieve goals
Excellent company to work for.
Senior BI Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 3, 2018
Excellent company and very good work culture, Good scope to learn new technologies. Good work life balance especially for female employees. Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company.
A fair place to work
Application Development Manager (Director Level) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
NA - I choose not to review the CIBC workplace, as experiences vary widely from person to person. Overall, I have found it a rewarding but challenging place to work.
Fast paced, commission based salary and compensation, competitive
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  World Financial Center, New York, NYFebruary 25, 2018
A typical day at CIBC began at 7am each day. I reviewed and reconciled all trade activity from the previous day which included extensive documentation according to the by laws of FINRA. I worked as a 5th Team Member specializing in Options, Munie Bonds, Gov't Bonds, Equities, Margin, LLC's, Research on Investment Strategies for Clients and facilitating Managed Accounts for Qualified investors. After a "Team Meeting" each morning, in which we discussed and researched Investment Strategies best suited for our Client base, we began interfacing with Clients and Traders. The job was fast paced and required the ability to assess and re assess Client Investment Strategies according to market fluctuations. A working knowledge of market fluctuations in relation to the Equity Market VS the Bond Market was essential. The challenges of Market Fluctuation was both rewarding and stressful, depending on the day, and brought out the best of each team player and our area of expertise. The most enjoyable part of the day was making money for our Clients, as per our Fiduciary Responsibilities, the guideline of both CIBC and FINRA. The most difficult part of any day, would be large movement in either the Equity Market or the Bond Market and adjusting our trade accordingly, while answering Client concerns.
Pros
Making Money for both the Team and Clients
Cons
Lossing Money for both the Team and Clients
Professional and a great place to work and learn
Director-U.S. Regional Business Support Division (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
CIBC was a great place to work and learn more and more about the Fixed-Income business. The environment was very professional and management cared about their employees.
Senior Analyst, Global Operational Risk Management (Current Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 25, 2018
There is a great culture to accommodate employee needs and develop careers. I have enjoyed working here immensely and always enjoyed the community feeling.
Provided a tough but fair work environment
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Provided a tough but fair work environment. The basic disadvantage was a lack of concern on senior management part for employees career advancement. The work culture was somewhat rigid
Pros
Year end bonuses
Cons
Rigid work environment
Restructuring of company
Administrative Assistant / Equity Research (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
The financial industry has high turnover rates and CIBC is not an exception to the rule. Secretarial staff is quite often assigned to different equity researchers due to frequent layoffs.
Pros
Great health care benefits
Cons
high turnover rates
Working environment
Senior Audit Manager, Treasury and Trading Audit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
A typical day at CIBC was 9-5pm and an hour lunch. I have learned about many products and how to deal with all kind of auditees. The Management was great and very supportive. The hardest part was having to travel to overseas for a lengthy time. The most enjoyable part of the job was team travelling and team building with my colleagues.
Amazing
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 2, 2017
Great place to work. CIBC Digital is the place you want to be if you're looking for a fun and agile work environment.

Definitely apply if you want to work on meaningful projects!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss