Cielo Talent
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Cielo Talent Employee Reviews

rporemoterecruiterclientbalancecontracttalentrole

Nice co-workers, disorganized client, low pay

Cielo was a great stepping stone, but in the end, the pay was so low that I couldn’t stay. Thankfully they stopped using the real time management system - that improved morale better, but low wages will likely never improve. When kids coming out of high school are making more money than you…there’s only one choice - to move on.

Really great culture

Great teammate and bosses.Nice culture,Nice benefits,Wfh setup and very collaborative space,Great leaders,Everything are well maintain, peace and order

Cielo Talent insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Productive and empowering place to work

Great place to work. Fantastic job culture. The company believes in promoting within. Due to the recession, not enough clients to fill recruiting positions.

Pros

Diverse and great job culture

Cons

Not enough clients

Cielo has provided me opportunities and growth exposure

Since I started I felt like Cielo was true to its Employee Value Proposition and who they stand for as a company and employer. I am very happy and proud to work at Cielo and work alongside amazing, brilliant individuals. Cielo has provided the opportunity for me to grow and learn. My leaders have figured out my strengths as they got to know me and opened more doors of opportunity for me to excel in my career.

Pros

People, culture, opportunities, exposure

Cons

No cons at this time

Really lovely place to work with a very support team! Really fast onboarding and was made to feel welcomed by my team. Joined during lockdown and my team could not do enough for me .

Pros

Work/ life balance

September 16, 2022
Hi there, this is Becky Chung, Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Leadership Development. Firstly, welcome to Cielo and thank you for choosing to be part of this exciting journey! It can be daunting joining a new organization away from the office and I am thrilled that you felt welcomed and included as you started your role. If you would like to share any more comments, I’d be more than happy to listen. You can reach me at Becky.Chung@cielotalent.com.

Bullying/Blame Culture

Unfortatatly the middle management have a bullying culture and no structed management throughout the team members.Everyone is treated diffently depending on their financial contribution. A massive blame culture throughout. You definitely need to be the right fit, if you don’t you will defiantly know.The only thing that kept me there was my stakeholders, even though its all about the money and not working in collaboration!

Pros

Cons

To many to mention

September 16, 2022
Hello, this is Fiona Doyle – SVP Talent Management. I am very concerned about your review, as this has not been raised with our leadership or People & Culture team, and your comments do not represent the inclusive and supportive nature of Cielo. I would really appreciate understanding more about your experience that led to you sharing this review. I would be grateful if you contacted me directly at Fiona.Doyle@cielotalent.com so I can explore further. Thank you.

Could use more opportunities for advancement

Overall I do enjoy Cielo as a company. I felt better trained on their ATS and implementation of my current account that my previous recruiter roles.I do feel the clients can certainly attempt to walk all over the Cielo team. I also find at least my current client highly disorganized which affects my process. I also do wish that we could be allowed to switch accounts every 6 months as opposed to 9 months.

Pros

Generous benefits, decent pay for recruiters

Cons

Ability to advance career isn’t as fast as one can hope

Great coworkers, friendly envoronment

Working with Cielo made me find my passion for recruiting. I was excited to be part of a leader in the industry and learned essential skills to be a recruiter.

September 19, 2022
Hi there, this is Deb Madden, VP of Sector Operations. Thank you for being part of the team, I’m glad you’ve been given the space to learn vital skills and create your own future. After all, our people are what make Cielo shine! If ever you have additional comments to share, please contact me any time at Deborah.Madden@cielotalent.com.

Productive and Diverse place to work

Working at Cielo has been a great experience. Feedback from management is readily available and opportunities for growth are made known to you. I’m excited for my future with Cielo.

September 19, 2022
Hi there, this is Greg Summers, Chief Customer Officer. It’s important that we all have the right support networks, working within this industry can be challenging but rewarding – thank you for being part of the journey! If ever you have additional feedback to share, please contact me any time at Greg.Summers@cielotalent.com.

Fully Remote (optional Work onsite)

People Center Company. I love working here. If anyone would be a good fit for our vacancy and is finding a job I would love to refer them.Fully Remote (optional Work onsite)Great work environmentManagement is superb

September 19, 2022
Hi, this is Deb Madden, VP of Sector Operations. What a great review, thank you very much! It’s wonderful to see that you have had such a positive experience in your role, and I am proud that you want to share your thoughts with so many others. Thank you for everything you do to make Cielo such a great place to work, let’s keep glowing together!

Good culture, supportive management, friendly colleagues

Cielo is a good balance of learning and exploring new things. You can develop & grow here along with working in a friendly environment. I enjoy working here.

September 16, 2022
Hi this is Matt Jones, Chief Product Officer. Learning and enhancing your skills is very important and I’m glad you’ve had the opportunity to do so. It’s vital for us to grow and develop through our time in the organization, and it’s fun to take advantage of the opportunities we’re offered, especially when we have such an energizing culture of the people surrounding us. Thank you for sharing! If ever you want to chat more about your experience, please contact me any time at Matt.Jones@cielotalent.com.

Cielo is very adaptable to changes, and always empowers its people. They make sure that everyone shines on their chosen career path. They will give you additional time off. They are making sure that you are well taken care of.

Pros

Free meal and unlimited coffee whenever you go to the office, paid time off

Cons

past faced

My team was like a family, that is what I loved the most about working there

Learned so much about recruiting and the tools to help me be successful. Miss working for the company. My only negative would be that some of the leaders were not always truthful.

Pros

Team was supportive

Cons

Clients could be very hard to work with and not easy to please

July 6, 2022
Hi there, this is Greg Summers, President of Cielo North America. I love the title of your post – we do grow to be like family here, which is especially amazing with all of us working remotely. I’m disappointed to read you had a leader you felt you could not trust. If you’d be willing to share more so we can ensure a better experience for others, please contact me any time at Greg.Summers@cielotalent.com. I wish you the best in what comes next.

Productive great place to work

I cannot say enough about this company! I have been with Cielo now for just over 3 years and since the day I started I have felt at home with this company! This is the first job I can honestly say that I've never woken up on a morning and thought ugh I've got work today! The management are excellent - The job can be stressful at times but you get that with any job you are in! The salary is great and the management always have time for you! The best part about Cielo is it like a family! every single person I interact with always has the time for you no matter what it is! My Team are great and so is my manager! Always supportive and asking me if there is anything she can help with! always checks in to make sure everything is ok! Cielo make you feel welcome and they have been great through the pandemic as well, giving us a week of treats each day to show there appreciation! If you like the RPO worklife then this company is for you!AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING

September 16, 2022
Hello, this is Sally Hunter, Managing Director – EMEA & Global Accounts. This review truly is a shining example of the inclusive, supportive, and people-led organization I am proud to be part of! Thank YOU for taking the time to share these wonderful comments, we really appreciate everything you do. If ever you have additional feedback to share, please contact me any time at Sally.Hunter@cielotalent.com.

Great Company

Cielo is a great Company, but just like any other company you have your ups and downs. They have really great accounts. And other accounts not so great. With Cielo you feel that you have a really good support team. Together you can achieve anything.

July 6, 2022
Hi there, this is Greg Summers, President of Cielo North America. I appreciate you sharing your balanced perspective about your experience at Cielo. Although I recognize the experience across teams can vary, my hope is that you consistently receive the praiseworthy level of support you mentioned. I love what you said about being able to achieve anything together – we’ve especially demonstrated that over the past two and a half years. If ever you have additional feedback to share, please reach out to me any time through Teams or at Greg.Summers@cielotalent.com.

Fun workplace

Cielo fosters career growth and I must the salary and benefits are very competitive. I love this company. My personal experience here since day 1 is really great!

Fun place to work

Work at your own pace however must ensure you cover yourself. When work expires, they were able to find another client for me to work with and did not leave me out in the cold.

Pros

Travel and work life balance

Cons

Lots of work. A good problem to have.

July 6, 2022
Hi, this is Greg Summers, President of Cielo North America. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your experience with Cielo. It’s always great to read a 5-star review. With the nature of our business, there are times when people have to transition accounts, and making sure we prioritize internal mobility is something we’ll remain committed to. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding! If ever you have additional feedback to share about your experience, please contact me any time at Greg.Summers@cielotalent.com.

Only plus was working remote and the pay

Sad to say this was one of the absolute worst experiences I have ever had in my professional career. Lack of training, overworked, toxic environment, unrealistic expectations, not many trustworthy employees, puts on a façade that its a wonderful place to work, and once in, it is the absolute opposite. I never ever have taken the time to write a review, and felt necessary to do so. It was so stressful and toxic it made me physically ill. The format for Recruiters were set up to fail.

Pros

Only plus was working remote and the pay

Cons

See Review

July 6, 2022
Hi, this is Molly Thiel, CHRO. Some of the comments in your post are concerning, and it would be helpful to know more so we can ensure to address what caused you to have the experience you describe. If you’re willing to share more specifics about your personal situation, please reach out to me at Molly.Thiel@cielotalent.com. Thank you.

Great people with a culture of support and inclusivity

The people are great and the workplace culture is awesome. The best part is that I'm helping big and small brands find the best talent for them.There is a lot of work, but it's never dull.

Pros

True work life balance; People; Culture

July 6, 2022
Hi, this is Marissa Geist, CEO. It’s always great to read when people comment about our inclusive culture, and your comment, “it’s never dull…” I could not agree more! I hope you feel challenged, fulfilled and rewarded for the work that you do. Thank you for all you bring to our culture and for the success you deliver to Cielo and the accounts you support. If ever you have additional feedback to share, you can always contact me through Teams or at Marissa.Geist@cielotalent.com. Thank you!

Extremely Toxic

This has got to be the most toxic employer I have worked with over the years, how they manage to land contracts is beyond me.It's all cheap smiles along side the back biting abuse that goes on behind closed doors, you are penalised at every single corner and during my time here I have seen the workforce turnover many times.You have been warned, if you like the agency vibe where its always and only about money this will be perfect for you but if you like to work in an environment where your client comes first and you are not trying to bill them at every single corner please look elsewhere.

Pros

Clients are great

Cons

Long hours Secretive Highly toxic environment

Most accounts are great opportunities with flexibility - pay could definitely be better!

Overall I am very satisfied with my job. I have a great manager and the work is mostly manageable. The account I am currently supporting is a bit of a nightmare but to no fault of Cielo. However, I do not feel that I am fairly paid for the extensive amount of experience I have or for the high quality of work I perform - I earn about $10K less than I should be earning.

Pros

Flexibility, not a micromanaging environment, great peers on my team, great leadership from my manager, positive work environment, manager really helps us succeed in our role, develop ourselves and advance our career.

Cons

Pay is below market average, difficult to take time off

July 6, 2022
Hi, this is Greg Summers, President of Cielo North America. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience with Cielo. I’m glad to read your career is (mostly) going well and that you enjoy the team and the culture as a whole. If you’ve not done so already, please talk to your direct manager about your concerns about compensation, or you can contact me directly. We can discuss your career development and goals. You can contact me any time through Teams or at Greg.Summers@cielotalent.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cielo Talent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Cielo Talent with

• Cielo Talent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?