Ciena Healthcare Employee Reviews

Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Omni Continuing CareJune 15, 2019
Omni Continuing Care is a great place to work. The pay is good and the work load is not that bad. You get a annually raise every year and the company provide you with free shoes and uniforms. Omni Continuing Care also do tuition reimbursement and 401k. Its hard to get fired from Omni and if you did, you were a lazy worker (sleeping at work and not doing care to patients), lack teamwork skills (Saying what you were not going to do or not helping other co-workers) and Calling in alot or coming in extremely late to work. The only bad things about Omni Continuing Care is that there is no direct deposit.
Supportive and caring staff
RN Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Mc Bain, MIJune 4, 2019
Autumnwood of Mcbain has provided an enriching experience, with very compassionate and caring staff. Having worked in other SNF facilities and the experiences was not positive. Once I arrived at Autumnwood, I could see the difference in how a facility should be. Having found a work home that has fulfilled what I had been looking for in a work environment.
Pros
Caring staff
I’m here to stay
MDS Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 22, 2019
I have worked for a couple of Ciena buildings. Some were better than others but the type of staff and management is what made the difference and not the corporation. All the buildings I have worked in are maintained and Ciena seems to try to keep them looking beautiful. There are good days/bad days wherever you go but I have never stayed with any company as long as I have stayed with Ciena. So overall I am pretty happy working with them. I have no plans to leave.
Pros
Flexibility, nice buildings, growing company, no mandation for floor staff
Cons
On call rotation. You will be working for CNA and NRS call off
Poor management
Environmental (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 16, 2019
Full time employees get away with a lot. Breaking rules from not wearing uniforms to eating and drinking in the clean linen area. Poor management communication.
Amazing company to work with
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMay 12, 2019
My facility in Grand Blanc is simply awesome, I have option of overtime, I have an amazing shift and work with some of the most amazing people. Excellent pay and Benefits.
Pros
Treated with respect.
Cons
My drive time
Great pay and the work is not hard
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 13, 2019
A very nice place to work and the pay is good for the work you do. Some managers are not all that great but some are. Its a hard place to get fired from and there are lots of overtime to pick up.
Pros
Pay and small workload
Cons
No direct deposit
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Chef (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIFebruary 9, 2019
Management and administration are complete jokes. It’s not what you do, or how hard you work....It’s all about who you know!!!! Apply with caution Think of it as a temporary job, or pucker up buttercup.
Pros
Cons
Works you threw lunch and breaks
Terrible place to work... But they trick you at the door!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIJanuary 30, 2019
I thought this place was gonna work out very clean Everyone seemed nice... Until your out of orientation and it changes. They work you like a dog no help from anyone aids just hide in break room. Managers don't care as long as there is stuff clocked in... Residents always left soaked. Manager's disrespect the family's vwry un professional. The administrator said it was all about image and she as heck is!! Because that place is ugly! If you don't fit in with all the gossip either prepare to get weird looks from everyone too! Never will i go back there. But I can't lie pay was decent!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lazy co-workers, childish managers, and over worked.
Very nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 28, 2019
Mostly everyone is nice and helpful. Only issue is the workload and lack of CNA's. Some people won't help you and have poor attitudes towards the patients but you can't escape that in this field.
Pros
Over time, atmosphere
Cons
Pay, workload
Omg
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Never worked that hard on any other job in all my years. All I can say is WATCH YOUR PAY STUB. I didn't have to - nearly my entire pay was missing! And I clocked in perfectly. No breaks - too short-handed. My feet were numb! Couldn't work a day past my missing paycheck if I wanted to - I was that exhausted. The nurses that stay are beautiful and manage to keep the ship afloat. I hate to see my fellow nurses endure that!!!
Pros
Existing staff totally dedicated
Cons
Management profits from existing staffs hard work with little appreciation
Constant mandation
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 26, 2018
Constant mandtion- you either must stay over or come in early.they very much lack of CNAs to work and cover resident care. The nurses show a lot of favoritism.
Cons
Working alone and mandations
Started out okay.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelby TownshipDecember 23, 2018
Fairly new facility. Management are money hungry adding more task and no compensation. Cnas have 16 or more patients on rehab. Nurses don’t help. Tray passes and feeds. 3 or more showers a day(7.5). Hospice patients. Etc. No real team work. Needs more staff to accommodate the expectations presented to GUEST (patients).
Always short staff
Pros
Pto
Cons
7.5 shifts
Stressful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2018
Very stressful low pay low staff poor management working at Hartford drained me to the point wheres when i would sit my heels on my feet would hurt so bad always moving its like i could never get a break terrible experience overall
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Over worked short staff poor management low pay
The Worst
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2018
They reel you in with free benefits but dont tell you its medicaid basically. There are some good staff but the building is very unprofessional and poorly managed. scheduling is a nightmare, never right, constant call offs and good luck getting a regular schedule when you first start. There are no supplies, you get worked to death. Most of the staff thats been here for a long time stays because they know what they can get away with. Ive worked in some bad places but never dealt with the type of stuff Ive seen here. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. The pay is also very low for the workload and much lower than most other places I worked. Also there is no direct deposit checks not available to LAAATTTEEEE on payday.
Understaffed, poor management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MichiganNovember 12, 2018
At first I loved the job and the people. The longer I worked the more I realized that this place was not a team I wanted to be apart of. Management was a mess. 3rd shift was always short on cnas. Called corporate about the situation and they didnt seem to care either. I loved being a CNA but it was so hard to fulfill the needs of every patient in a timely manner because we were always short staffed. Good pay and I worked with a great team. That's about it.
Pros
Pay, coworkers
Cons
Short staffed, poor management
Mismanaged & Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIOctober 27, 2018
This was the first LTC facility I worked in and it has essentially made me want to leave the healthcare field entirely! Constant stress, understaffing, mandation, managers that don't care and only a handful of nurses that even cared to help their aides! I only left because I was hurt doing my job and wanted to stay for my residents!
Stressful environment & poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tawas MichiganOctober 22, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for, the managers were very unprofessional, lots of shadiness. I was a housekeeper & I was doing the work of a cna. All the cnas are either out smoking in the back of the building (which the building is suppose to be 100% smoke free due to the fact that people are on oxygen) or sitting around or hiding in the bathroom on their phones. I was fired right before my 90 days was up, & I was fired due to the fact that my son and I were sick with the flu. I called out for the two days and we both went to the hospital, and even had exscuses for the days. Went in the next day and was fired because “my co-workers had to pick up my slack because I was gone” my manager was really rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Lunch was good
Cons
Management/staff
Nice place to work! We need you to apply today!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 11, 2018
Usually two CNA’s on each hall
30 minutes lunch and two 15 minute breaks
Knowledgeable staff
Paid training
Abundance of overtime
Great food offered
Health insurance and benifits
Great coworkers
Pros
Great working environment, nurses are knowledgeable
Cons
Occasional mixed messages on providing care. Some workers complain a lot.
Quality of staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot Township, MIOctober 1, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is being given the opportunity to provide the beat care to residents.
The least enjoyable part of the job is picking up slack and not being accepted into the staffing group.
Pros
Benefits provided
Cons
Being over looked, not getting recognized for accomplishments
Nope
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 1, 2018
Don't work for any Ciena. Managment is horrible all the way up to the corporate level. If anything bad happens, they will throw you under the bus faster than you can blink. You get insurance, but it costs more than you make. Hours are horrible. You will be overworked. You will not get help when you ask. You will not get paid enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciena Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8