Ciena Healthcare Employee Reviews

No type of real communication btwn the cenas and nurses
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2018
Cenas have no win over supervisors or managment period they feel they can talk to u anyway and you should accept it and they dont follow protocol at all. The nurses are lazy and they make u do their work most of the time plus the building I was at was poorly maintained and they had a rodent problem but srill managed to pass the state inspection
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 14, 2018
Poor management, low staff, mandatory mandation, low pay, over work! The patient will try their best to get you in trouble, the co workers are lazy Plenty of overtime
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Over worked
Was not a bad place
Nurse Educator/ Nurse Manager/Everything (Former Employee) –  Detroit MichiganMarch 24, 2018
A typical day was interviewing potentially new staff, ensure current staff was educated/inservice monthly and as needed. Ensure cena staff obtained minimum state required Inservice hours. I did not learn anything, however my leadership skills improved. The workplace culture was primarily ok, I did find out that friends and family of DON are UNTOUCHABLE, NO MATTER WHAT!!!! This did make it difficult to do certain parts of my job because if you were lucky enough to be in the UNTOUCHABLE CREW, I had no leverage in enforcing policies to this "crew". Which ultimately would fall back on me UNLESS I kept a detail paper trail- which I did.
Pros
Free benifits
Cons
Every week on call for managers.
Lpn
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Canton michiganMarch 16, 2018
Management is very poor. There is no communication between any staff. Always short staffed and over worked. They do not appreciate the work you do for them they fire the good employees and keep the bad employees
RDO (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 16, 2018
Ciena is a great place to work. They really care about their patients and residents. The teamwork and positive work environment are fantastic! I love the people I work with. The management are very supportive. The work is hard but at the end of the day you feel appreciated.
Pros
culture, teamwork, commitment to residents and employees
Cons
fast paced
Bad, bad, bad
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 11, 2018
Located in the worst part of Detroit. Work ethic among employees and especially managers are the worst, and if you’re not part of THE culture forget it. It’s just a money making venture for some nameless corporation. The patients get dumped there as a last resort with no other place to go. The State will never close them down because there is ABSOLUTELY no place to put these people if they did close. It’s shameless, just shameless, how does management and owners sleep at night?
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Absolutely Everything
Horrible place to work
Dietary Server and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMarch 2, 2018
Do NOT work here! The management is absolutely horrible. Staff are always calling in, quitting, or being fired so you are constantly being called in. If you say no for any reason, even if you were in the hospital, the next time you come into work you will be treated poorly and will be forced to do so much extra work that is not in your job description. Also, they are constantly changing policies without notifying staff so if you break a new policy because you didn't know it existed, you will be wrote up and then fired. (They probably purposely do this since they don't like you from saying no to coming in on your day off)
You will work 14 day stretches and only have one or two days off and they will want you to come in, sorry, my employment status wasn't on-call.
Everyone there is only there for a paycheck so they don't treat the residents well either.
Poor home office culture
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 28, 2018
Many people at the corporate office don't understand what it is like doing the day to day tasks. Communication was bad. People at the home office were rude and not helpful.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Not very smart
Productive and busy enviroment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 2, 2018
I have always enjoyed my job at Ciena. I am pleased to leave with a lot of experience and leaving this lovely family that took care of me, it is a loss which I need to bear to be with my real family.
Worst management ever.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 18, 2017
While the corporation may not be all bad as a whole, it has at least one building that needs a thorough makeover as far as the management team is concerned. The current management team is by far the worst I've ever been associated with in 23 years of nursing experience. They have a huge problem and fired or made life extremely hard causing people to quit on numerous employees. I would not let this management team take care of my dog.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, lack of nursing personel, long hours due to lack of staff from firing or quitting. Did I mention current Management?
Apply directly to Ciena
A/R Coordinator/Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 12, 2017
Okay company but wasn't for me. No clear instruction or uniformity. While they manage several LTC facilities, they don't make each company follow the same rules. Bad upward down communication. It could just be the experience of the facility in which you work.
Pros
close location, nice corporate office building
Cons
poor management
Nice company to work for.
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIMarch 18, 2017
Ciena is a great company to work for and great people to work with. There is lots of different cultures. A typical work day is full of laughter and fun, but very busy. The hardest part of my job is when I have to discipline.
Great Culture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 2, 2016
Ciena Healthcare provides an excellent culture with accessible consultants with very high ethical standards. I have had the opportunity to enhance my leadership skills through guidance and training opportunities. During conventions, the Ciena family sticks together and truly makes everyone feel at home. I love this company!
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 12, 2016
I talked to them and played a few games with during Christmas even though I don't celebrate it. I also wrapped some presents and talked to them about there lives.
Worst job do not work here!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 15, 2015
This company is the definition of micromanagement. No training is offered and any cooperation with state investigations will lead to termination. Big, beautiful buildings do not give any corporation the right to think they can treat staff horrible. You will be expected to use your own money for everything-even office supplies! The benefit package is very poor. No direct deposit for employees but the corporate staff have it. If you are off, you have to come in and get your check which arrives late in the day. There are many things hidden when hired and then explained once you are working. Salaried managers do not meet the definition of a salaried employee. Every employee is treated as disposable.
Pros
Great patients who are very kind!
Cons
No work-life balance, unreasonable demands, no training, short staffed
poor place to work
cna (Former Employee) –  DetroitNovember 17, 2014
Not a good place to work don is horrible no team work very catty group of women
Pros
non
Cons
bad environment
Free coffee and donuts in the morning
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 15, 2014
Taking care of the residents in the morning. Waking up to good cup of joe. Hardest part was leaving the job to relocate elsewhere
The most enjoyable is communicating with supervisor and getting along with my co-workers.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
working holidays
Dynamic, challenging place to work!
Nutrition Director - Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIAugust 30, 2012
Ciena has treated me well with competitive salary, advancement opportunities, and great management.
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Cons
very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ciena Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9