Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 3,161 reviews matching the search See all 3,314 reviews
I loved my team!
LTSS Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
I was in the waiver department at Cigna and it was a cohesive, productive group of people. I felt supported by my coworkers and managers. I was offered appropriately challenging new tasks that added to the value that I could provide the company and my fellow coworkers.
I love the diversity thoughts among of the team and the working atmosphere
SQL Server Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
Working with my staffs was a great learning opportunity; I always learn something new everyday. the teams are hardworking, sociable and serious about their task. We make fun of our hard times after the stresses are gone. We get a lot of projects on someday and trying to meet the deadlines along with a careful task accomplishment makes our work a bit challenging but always attainable.
Fast paced work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 10, 2018
As of now we only have enough staff to get by the day.Each employee doing 2-3 roles to survive a busy day. Task is done for the day but there is no time to review patient's chart to find out what else to do to help patient outside of the visit.
Pros
Life and Work balance is acceptable, Great supervisor and supportive co-workers
Cons
meeting through lunch and doctor work on lunch and past 5 PM.
Stressful Environment
Appeals Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2018
A lot of thoughts and plans to make training sound good but not enough management, time or staff to follow through with necessary training. Leaving us to figure out processes and procedures on our own. This is okay for me as I enjoy creating procedures and manuals, however if processed wrong we have to take the consequences, though we weren't provided with correct training.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Lack of support and training
Family Friendly Organization
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNNovember 9, 2018
Cigna was a great place to work when raising my children. They gave you many options to get your hours in per week and someone was always there to help you figure things out. Great Managers
Works for me ar this time
Benefit Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Work from homeNovember 9, 2018
Invited to cover clients
Provided materials and demographics
Brand makes opening the clie t’s door with pride.
Open opportunity to communicate to management
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Limited interaction
Had great potential,
Special Claim Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2018
Could have been a great position. Unfortunately, the culture at that time was one that stated, I MUST have a collage degree no matter how much previous experience I had. The company had a rule that stated ALL staff MUST have a collage degree. That rule made it impossible to advance my career with them. I am so happy that is NOT the way people look at you today when it comes to potential, and ability.
Pros
potential growth opportunities
Cons
Several! The need to have a collage degree regardless of what your level of experience is.
What can I say
n/a (Current Employee) –  illinoisNovember 7, 2018
"Clicky". Doesn't listen to us managers doing the job. Like to "fudge" things to upper management and clients. Not very understanding to those working late shifts-especially as it relates to office activities they do during the day. Stopped giving us a "gift" for employee appreciation month and instead do a luncheon, but you have to go into the office to be part of it-most everyone works from home.
Pros
work from home, Hra
Cons
work/life/health balance, feel forgotten
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTNovember 6, 2018
Smart and progressive company that is recognized as a leader in healthcare. Management truly cares and recognizes good employees. They care about a true work/life balance.
Work is fun
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  NYC NYNovember 5, 2018
Great fun working at this place have got good people around and sportive , It is a good place to learn a lot of things and get a good experience on various technologies. The management knows what they are doing and apparently they are doing a good job.
Tons of room for growth, keeps your mind going always
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILNovember 4, 2018
I worked for this company for 5 years. I enjoyed the daily challenges that were offered through the work. My pay was sufficient to meet the needs of my family. I however was completely blindsided by the elimination of my position and therefore the release of my duties from the company.
A great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 3, 2018
I've been with this company since 2014 and wish I could've work remotely. I had to leave because of personal reasons but the company is a great place to work for. The benefits could be a lot better but the staff, management and the work culture is incredible. The company cares about your life outside of work. the job isn't hard at all. The work is very easy. The job is also laid back.
Health Educator who loved her job but no room for advancement
HEALTH EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2018
Cigna fosters a happy work environment and takes great care of you as an employee via financial compensation, paid time off, somewhat flexible schedules, and having a gym on site (Norterra campus). Some managers were better than others, I was lucky to have 2 great ones during the 4 years I worked there! Not everyone got annual bonuses but I was fortunate. My only qualms were that I was never promoted to team lead and never allowed to work completely at home (I had one week WAH every 5-6 weeks). What finally lead me to quit was that they started micro-managing hard core. I needed more autonomy in my life. They were paying people with Master's degrees to do the jobs of high-school graduates. I mean, we were getting good money to do it, but it made no sense to me. When I started in 2011 it was the perfect job. When I quit in 2015, not so much and my ex-colleagues say it hasn't really changed.
Pros
on-site gym, great pay, some WAH opportunities
Cons
difficult to get promoted
Great place to work!!!
Quality Review/Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 1, 2018
Excellent work environment. They believe in a great work/life balance. The Benefit program is flexible to fit all needs. Dedicated team to makes work fun!!!
good overall
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 1, 2018
good company to work, learn new things every day, the management was super cool, good relationship with all teams, but the pressure really hard, a good place
Worst place EVER!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 31, 2018
Do yourself a favor and don't bother. I have been with the company for 4 years and am currently trying to find my way out. They DO NOT care about their employees. If you want to move around it's all about WHO you know and not WHAT you know. They have the highest expectations and the compensation does not match the workload. The training is non existent. Management is horrible, i have been in 3 depts and they are all the same.
Pros
Cons
Lots of work and no pay, Benefits are not good
Working from home
Medical Records Clerk/Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
I liked the fact that I could work from home and be with my kids. A lot people would say you can’t work from home with kids but Cigna makes it where you can make your own hours
Initially a productive and promising organization to work for.
Sales Administration Analyst/ Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTOctober 31, 2018
Overall, Cigna is a great organization to work for. The diversity and inclusion groups the organization portrayed is what caught my attention. Cigna offered many opportunities to grow your career and provided many engagement opportunities for employees once the initial first years was completed. I Will be happy to discuss in detail upon interview.
I enjoyed working at Cigna
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Centenial, COOctober 30, 2018
We compared a Companies Healthcare program for their employees with information entered into their Facets Program. It was fairly routine. I enjoyed the workplace. People were very helpful.
Pros
I like their Cafeteria. It had very healthy food.
Cons
The drive in was long.
great place to work
QA Tester (Manual) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2018
I worked as a QA tester for the development team, experience on sales and service modules in a completely agile environment. worked on manual testing only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41K

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight