Cigna Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Long Term Disability Claims Manager II (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 18, 2018
working on over 120 ongoing claims.
Great support from other coworkers.
Developed understanding of LTD policies and procedures.
Communicated with Employers, Attorneys, WC Reps and Providers offices to determine and evaluate all claims.
fun place to work
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
nice place to work.
nice atmosphare
nice office location
everything is good as per your position.
no complaints
a typical day at work
workplace culture is nice too
Great company
Medicare Claims and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2018
I love Cinga CSB in Austin. It's a friendly environment and the management really do seem to care about your well being. The pay is well and the benefits are great.
Cons
productive envirnment with other ncm to discuss files
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
review medical and behavioral files to address if the customer was medically disabled to perform the duties of there occupation. Discuss and staff files with the appropriate physician. Attend all team meeting.
Pros
good working enviroment
Good orgnization, fair pay
EPro Auditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2018
Good organization with longevity of employees. Pay is OK, some room for growth although once in certain jobs, it's hard to get out of that department
Awesome work environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044May 15, 2018
productive work environment. I liked how if you needed help that they cared and tried to meet all of your needs. i can appreciate someone who is willing to have your back in the work environment not only for themselves but for the company as well.
great place to work for
Business Project Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMay 15, 2018
Great Experience at Cigna. i would recommend that anyone wanting to work for Cigna to work for them. it is time for me to seek other work and expand my horizon why i'm looking for new work.
I absolutely loved Cigna!
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CREDENTIALING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Denison, TexasMay 14, 2018
Cigna has one of the best atmospheres to work in that I have ever had the opportunity to be involved in. The management really cares about making it comfortable for all and is incredibly understanding of family problems.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2018
Very productive, serious about meeting quotas & deadlines, great benefits and can be a fun work environment. Meetings are held every week focusing on what can be improved.
Pros
Excellent coffee machine, friendly environment.
Cons
Need more leads to work with.
Great place to work, many opportunity for advancement
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2018
I work weekends for Cigna. I am a telephonic case manager. I love this position as it has given me the opportunity to stay home and care for my grandchildren while their parents work during the week. Could not ask for anything better!!!
Pros
Progressive benefits
Cons
Limited interacting with my co-workers
Loved my job
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 11, 2018
Cigna was a great place to work at this time i loved my job and the environment. The manager was awsome and the people were mostly friendly and a pleasure to work with. my department was really laid back and easy going.
Excellent place to work good managers very good people to work with.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZMay 11, 2018
I have only good to say regarding Cigna loved my time working there. I will always remember my days with Cigna a very special tine in my life. Loved working with the public and doctors and other co workers.
Pros
Great place to work good benefits.
Cons
Have none.
was a great place to work and fun!
Credentialing Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMay 11, 2018
From the day I walked through the door, everyone was so inviting and friendly and very helpful. We did a lot of fun activities. It was nice to know there was a company that would actually take the time to train you and help you through the tough times of the learning process, being something new to me. I enjoy what i do and the people, we have to move on, because our positions are being sent to India.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
jobs leaving to India
Great employer
Benefit Analyst/Claims Processor Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 11, 2018
Cigna is a great employer. They offer a lot of paid time off per year that increases with longevity with the company. They also offer great work-from-home opportunities for some positions. For the most part, the staff and managers are rather friendly and easy to get along with. There are also many opportunities to post out to different positions within the company.

That being said, after having worked there for 10+ years, I expected to be compensated better. There was no cost of living increase and for similar positions that I was in, new hires were being paid more money than I was for doing the same thing with less experience.
Cigna is a great company to work for. the employees are treated with respect as long as the job is being done and everyone shows respect to each othe
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2018
A typical day at Cigna, maintaining your production, staying focus on the workload and being able to adapt to sudden changes.
The medical aspect of processing claims.
Quite and relax.
Keeping up with the backlog.
When you can work a normal day, processing claims without any interruption.
Pros
Free lunches from time to timeand able to adjustment you schedule
Cons
Pentialized when you didn;t take the proper steps when showing up late
Benefits Company
Family Medical Leave Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 10, 2018
was only there a year, so not a good sense of how things are now and if they have changed. some people were there and didnt want to work and pushed work on others, hopefully that has been changed.
Not what I expected
Customer care (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 9, 2018
The amount of stress I have had within the last 90 days has been determentaial to my health and sanity. Calls are excessive and they do not STOP. I had high expectations for Cigna and the fact that I waited so long to be apart of the team I am disappointed. The turnover rate is so high. People are dropping like flies because the metrics and unreasonable and attendance policy does not allow you to manage your life and work properly. I love the people I work with though. CCAs need to get paid at least $50K for the amount of stress we deal with.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Short lunches, not enough pay, expensive benefits
bad place to work long hours no gains
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PAMay 9, 2018
the pay is ok but that is where it ends. the health insurance is the worst I have ever had if you don't have a family and just care about the money you might do well here.
Great for work life balance and lots of good people
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls/Phoenix/HorshamMay 8, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced, many things to do but limited in time to do them. Management has been changing a lot in the last year but have a good supervisor. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with change. Most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Pros
free coffee
Great company with many opportunities
Product and Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 8, 2018
In my time with Cigna I was able to grow and develop into a better person and asset for the company and personally I was able to grow as well. The hardest part of the job I would say is if you cannot multi-task then this company is not for you. You have to juggle many tasks and projects at the same time and meet deadlines which I always made it my daily mission to reach those goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight