Cigna
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Cigna Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,855 reviews

Nice, competitive workplace

Typical day would start with me logging on to my computer. Logging into all my work related sites. Checking my work log for items that are due or urgent. Checking my email and calendar for upcoming meetings and events. There would be a daily online meeting/call with my team and manager; my manager would explain where the team stood, grade wise, and what areas were needing immediate attention in order to maintain a high grade within the system. The culture was relaxed, this position turned from a traveling position, to a work from home position. The hardest part of the job was meeting the grade expectations. It went from maintaining a high B average to having to maintain a high A average, you had to scored within the 97th percentile in order to avoid tutoring, training videos and calls and even write up's. This was difficult because the work was customer based, therefore, a high level of quality would sometimes impact the speed in which you could open/close a ticket. The work would be graded on quantity as a priority. The most enjoyable part of the position was assisting those who were in need. Many members had escalated issues that required many phone calls, long wait times and sometimes escalation to directors for special permissions; but it was always a great feeling to know that I was able to help people who were in dire need in some instances or those who were just too overwhelmed by the circumstances.

Pros

Work from hom

Cons

Grading system

Profit before people.toxic culture of intellectual dishonesty

Duplicitous culture of intellectual dishonesty and no ethical integrity.they value/compensate a unknown/unproven new hire more that a proven high performing employee of 11 years.they see their employees as nothing more than exploitable,disposable bag of water.your value to them is the extent to which they can exploit ur hard work and give you no meaningful reward for it.they give bonuses instead of raises to trick employees to think they appreciate them but bonuses don't compound on top of one another year after year so you get no raise in reality.middle management use lame tactics to try to squeeze as much productivity out of their workers while giving no tangible/meaningful reward.they only care cuz their raises are predicated on their subordinates performance.

Cigna insights

Based on 1,676 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Mentally Drained

This is by far the most draining place of employment I’ve ever been in. There is no room to breathe and you can’t get any decent help without being belittled or made to feel small. There is no balance and call center advocates are over worked . Supervisors sit in webex and make jokes and talk about nothing all day while advocates are struggling to deal with calls and need help . I’ve never seen anything like it before . I’ve never seen such incompetent management & don’t get me started on the excessive tech issues . Save yourself and do not apply to this company . I see why it’s so easy to get hired . The turnover rate is insanity .

I always felt like family

I no longer work at Cigna, but not by choice. We transition to another MCO. I can honestly say it's not the same. The culture and atmosphere is just not the same. I highly recomend Cigna for an employer

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Unpredictable

Ok so so

GREAT IF YOU CAN BILL omer service, take pride in their work, and enjoy being part of a winning team that cares about their employees. SO IT WORKED OUT

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No daycare

Good benefits but job is mentally draining.

When I first started at Cigna, it was a breeze, call volume was low and there were plenty of new hires that had just started along with me. After about 4 months after being on the phones, things started to drastically go downhill, less workers, heavy call volume, less help from the group chat and whenever I needed help, it would take 10-15 minutes before someone responded. Here I am 10 months into my position and I literally hate waking up and having to log in and be ready for my first call at my clock in time. Management does not care about the workers or the patients needs, they only care about METRICS, ADHERENCE AND QUALITY!!!! Supervisors act like you are bothering them when you ask for assistance or don’t reply at all. I can go on and on about this company and the micro managing is very terrible!! Every little thing you do and say is monitored and recorded and they find the littlest things that are wrong but can never accomplish you on your achievements!! I really thought I was going to stay here for some years but this job has literally drained me mentally. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Great

Great company with decent pay. The training was 4 weeks and intensive. Everyone is there to help if you any questions and concerns. Overall a nice place to work.

Not great

You're higher-ups only care about getting themselves ahead and will throw you under the bus for any issue as long as it makes them look better. Management only care about themselves and the communication is trash. They tell you they want you to go above and beyond for the customers but if you do and your call runs a bit long instead of getting an "awesome job on that call and resolving the customers issue" you get reprimanded and docked for taking too long on a call. Overall I do not recommend

Brutal expectations, low pay, no path for advancement

As a Clinical Nurse Reviewer, pay was ridiculously low, benefits were expensive and if you needed them, out of pocket was HUGE (shame on you Cigna), case quotas were almost impossible to meet and do a good job, and there was no way out, no way for upward mobility. Very disappointing, I wanted Cigna to be my forever job.

Amazing company to work for because of the amazing people that work there

Despite being a great working environment and having lots of flexibility at work the pay at Cigna has unfortunately been below market value. There is a lot of opportunities to grow within the company but the focus on affordability limit some locations depending on the operation expenses. If you are located in an office that costs less you have a higher likelihood to grow as oppose to other locations including the USA.

Worst Company Ever

As with most call centers, unless you are in with the “inner circle” of managers, you’ll hate your job. No support and constantly being picked on who it performance with no guidance on how to improve. I’ve been working customer service my entire career and have never had such an awful experience with a company.

Abandoned Remotely

I loved working for Cigna until I went to a new team in 2020 and worked remotely. I was able to relocate to the south and buy my own home. I had a case of depression and it didnt help that my manager never noticed that I stopped replying to her emails, was absent on weekly team meetings, not logged on to skype for OVER 6 MONTHS! I imagine my boss was busy but i wasnt present for such a long time and her team has less than 14 people on it. I regret making the transition to the Credentialing Delegation Team.

Pros

Pto, Benefits, Easy to Advance in the company

Cons

Great hours and Good pay!

Best job I have had. Good pay. Good PTO. Good Benefits. Supportive Management. Opportunity to advance. Several different shift available. Helpful Co-workers.

Check order refills for patients

The pay is horrible. I enjoyed the Set schedule. Paid holidays, great benefits however jobs requires you to wear multiple hats for the same pay. Management sucks. Growth opportunities take a while

The organization overall is great. Steer very clear of the EAP department

An unbelievably backwards EAP department. Only those who have been there for 15 years or more are valued and that's only because they say support the culture of stagnation. New ideas are summarily dismissed. There is zero interest in making changes that will benefit customers or employees. Metrics are based on factors totally outside the control of employees. If you speak up, you are ridiculed. Taking an hour off for a doctor's appointment requires advanced approval and can only be done once a month.

Good Management / overworked

Great managers, however tasks started being piled on with no end in sight. There was a large shift in departments and employees so everyone else became responsible for the tasks that other departments were responsible for on top of completed our daily job duties.

Great place to work, lots of growth opportunities and benefits. They support parents really well and have great communication from top down and care about their employees

Pay was lacking but work life balance very good

They encouraged that you take time off and its good if your a stay at home mom with another income coming in thats a lot more than yours. But for a single person or parent new to the company the pay is not enough.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Pay is low

Decent

this is a decent compant to work for in the time i have worked there they have given good benefits and also good pay as well. some weekends off and rotating saturdyas.

Stressful, overworked

Super challenging, stressful, overworked. You operate as a call center, work a case load, and emails, emails and more emails. Management was not that helpful when you asked for help and guidance.

Steady employment

I have worked at Cigna for several years, and in that time certain processes have become more convoluted, and issues with certain departments haven't improved. Management in our area only steps in/communicates when numbers need to be met. The company buys/sells portions of Cigna without clear communication. The pay doesn't compensate for cost of living increases & is not on par with market competitors. The cost of "company paid" health insurance is some of the highest, most complicated I have ever encountered in my professional working career. Cigna is corporate America with a focus on shareholder profits and societal visibility. They do a lot of philanthropic and community improvement work however which is important & impressive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Cigna with

• Cigna
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?