Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Cigna insights

Based on 1,211 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Not bad, but hard to advance

Overall the company has a lot of options for positions and schedules and stuff however advancing at the company is not as easy as it seems. Pay is ok.

Pros

Good amount of time off

Cons

Hard to move up

Great Career path

I loved working for Cigna. They offer great pay, benefits, lots of PTO, many timeframes to work for flexibility, and management was wonderful in my experience. In the beginning it is rough but if you can push through, you can really make an amazing career with Cigna.

Pros

Environment, pay, opportunity, 401k, management, Pto

Cons

Health benefits could be better, HR pushed me out.

Very flexible job

Very convenient job. Flexible hours I can pretty much come and go as I please. Love my manager. The draw backs are the job is very boring. Very repetitive. Have to stay on a production schedule.

Ok Job

This job could be enjoyable if you’re under good management. There is favoritism and those they favor move up and off phones. It’s hard to get out of the call center, when you’re a hard worker. They like to keep experienced reps from taking on new positions. Other than it being hard to grow, the pay is great and so are the benefits.

Pros

Pay, Time off, Incentives

Cons

No Growth, favoritism, stressful job

Meaningful

I have worked for Cigna for 16 years and work is what you make of it. I have had some really awesome managers and a few bad ones, but just because there are a few bad apples..doesn't mean they are all bad.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Waiting on arbitration

I was terminated while on a CIGNA APPROVED leave of absence only to have them terminate me by mail with conflicting dates! Good thing I kept the envelope and the letter! They also had the balls to send me a correct letter in regards to my Leave Approval changing the verbiage 4 months after my forced termination. Mind you I was still being paid not only by administrators who failed to give me any outcome to my not one but two speak easy complaints, but as well as leave! I have not only filed complaint with BBB but also am waiting on my arbitration, which I’m about a week away from allowing my lawyers to just file the suit. I was on leave for a sensitive reason and Cigna allowed it’s employees to give out my personal details to an unknown party using Cigna equipment, programs and time! This company is money hungry selfish trash!

Pros

Not a darn thing

Cons

See above

It was ok. Lasted 20 years

Great way to support my family while my kids grew up. Amazing work at home opportunity. Growth within the company is available if you work for it. I was ready to move away from corporate life.

Severe micro management

On the surface this appears to be a great company to work for, with many opportunities to grow and expand in your career. The reality is, in your interview they advise that there is some micro management with the position... they fail to truly shine a light on just how extreme this surveillance is. You work from a computer that is actively monitored from a remote location, if you spend too much time on any particular task you can expect a conversation with your supervisor to “help them understand” if you take bathroom breaks outside of your scheduled breaks... be prepared to be presented with an ADA form that needs to be signed by your doctor explaining why you need extra time to accommodate your usage. Overall you are left feeling persecuted, like it’s assumed you always have the worst intentions in anything you do and there’s someone always watching to catch you and call you out on it

Lots of opportunities and long term career options

I enjoyed working at Cigna. There were always opportunities for growth and promotion. If you are focused and give 100%+ in the work that you do, then Cigna is the place for you.

Awful, micro managed, rude managers

Your expected to be a robot. Breaks are micro managed and you have 5 minutes for bathroom breaks. Crazy work expectations, that nobody is able to work day after day without getting burned out. Rude supervisors and managers, who could care less about you.

Company micromanages everyone

Working at Cigna gave me ulcers. They micromanage you to the point where I had to e-mail my supervisor how long I was in the bathroom. The office had a constant feeling a everyone being extremely tense.

Cigna

Cigna was an okay place to work. There was a lot of micro managing. The upper management is unconcerned with employee happiness, they care only about profit

Cigna

Good company to work for, maybe not for the long term though. Management team usually pretty entry level, compensation sometimes makes you feel unappreciated.

Cigna

Cigna is a good company to work for. I was laid off due to my position of Senior Advocate was eliminated.My manager was extremely nice and focused on building a successful team.

Very caring about their employees

They try to get fun and interactive things to reward their employees. They train their staff very well also. Great place to work if you like a high stress invironment.

Customer Service

Great place to work. Benefits from day one. PTO is accrued immediately and you have support from your managers. Managers were always willing to help when there was a family emergency.

Awful/stressful

Do yourself a favor and do not apply here. Unless you want to add stress and anxiety to your life. Management micromanages everything to the max. They watch every Single thing you do, can’t even go to the bathroom in peace, they’ll watch that too. They lie to you. There’s no room for improvement, unless you managers favorite. If not, you’ll won’t go anywhere.

Don’t work here

Seriously, don’t go any apply. They make it seem promising and like they want you to succeed but really they trap you, don’t care about you or how you are treated they care more about call volume and that’s it. An absolute nightmare trying to move up. Please, spare yourself.

Fast paced

Very fast paced company with quotas. It has a competitive environment with typical call center feel. There's a friendly atmosphere that can soften the stress.

Very stressful

It's not a bad place to work. It's very fast paced. And sometimes stressful. They tell you it's all about the member but they like you to help them within amount of time. If you don't meet that time they will be on you.

N/a

Stressful taking calls from clocking in to clocking out. You get all the different types of people out there on the phones. There are good days when it's down time which is mid year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Cigna with

Learn about Cigna in Visalia, CA

• Cigna
  • Visalia, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?