Cigna Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Found 56 reviews matching the search See all 3,350 reviews
I loved my team!
LTSS Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
I was in the waiver department at Cigna and it was a cohesive, productive group of people. I felt supported by my coworkers and managers. I was offered appropriately challenging new tasks that added to the value that I could provide the company and my fellow coworkers.
Productive work environment.
Case Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2018
Productive environment to work in. Business casual attire, some work from home opportunities. Benefits available. Friendly work environment, as well. Good opportunity for advancement in some departments.
Cigna WAH
Nurse Case Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 29, 2018
I worked at home in various CM roles including Catastrophic CM, Trainer, Kidney CM. I was able to outreach to people with many needs and provide education on benefits and means of treatment.
Pros
Cigna accomodated me in every instance
Great Work Life Balance and Competitive Salary
Behavioral Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 28, 2018
Cigna offers excellent work life balance and a competitive salary. The cultural is laid back; but can be very competitive pending on department you're in. Overall, cigna is a great place to work.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Competitive
Productive with need to time manage work,
Certified Nurse Case Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work was time management based. Customer Centricity and teamwork was a great expectation. Efficiency; professionalism was rewarded. .
Pros
Enjoyed other workers
Cons
none really
productive envirnment with other ncm to discuss files
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
review medical and behavioral files to address if the customer was medically disabled to perform the duties of there occupation. Discuss and staff files with the appropriate physician. Attend all team meeting.
Pros
good working enviroment
nice place to work
Inpatient Case Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
fast paced, great job, wish i never left there. I thought owning my own business was the way to go, but I wish I would've never left Cigna. It was a great place to wor
Great mission overall
Case Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 3, 2018
Great mission to serve it customer/clients. High standards. My personal experience is that Cigna falls short in allowing its employees with specific professional backgrounds to advance within the company regardless of their experience.
Not much support or encouragement, especially from management.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 9, 2018
I thought that I was being hired as behavioral health case manager and would need to know some medical issues however when I went for the first day, I found that I would be working as case manager for "the worst of the worst" members with serious multiple problems. There was no welcome from my managers during the initial training period and I was not introduced to the team I would be working with until after the initial 2 weeks of training. I initially sent an email to my manager saying that I was happy to be there in training and onboard but she never even acknowledged it. During my employment there was no encouragement and no one ever offered to go over any of my cases with me to discuss what I might do to improve or except for the times I was being reviewed. We were discouraged from interacting with other members of the team or staff cases. Negative feedback was about the only feedback most of us received. Turnover rate was very high in my department and staff stayed discouraged and disheartened.
Pros
Lack of support from leadership.
Cons
Management was negative and punishing.
Can be a good place to work
Case Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 27, 2018
-Benefits are good.
-Positives and Negatives with all companies
-Tremendous opportunities for learning.
-Can be a good place to work.
-Computer systems / IT needs improvment
Benefits
Cons
It
Great Place to Work
COBRA Business Analyst / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2018
In this position, I had my own cases. I would set up a group from scratch, load COBRA members and process the day to day mail and answer the phones. Dealt very closely with the client and COBRA members alike. Loaded the yearly COBRA rates and kept the systems updated with the members eligibility so they could get services. The hardest part of the job was when we were told they were outsourcing the COBRA function and we would all lose our jobs. That was a very sad day as I really enjoyed my job. The best part of the job was and still is, my friends I met along the way. We still remain close and meet up for dinner once a month to catch up.
Pros
Close to home, large cafeteria with many selections to choose from for breakfast and lunch, company time off
Cons
had to work too many years to accrue additional vacation time
Review
Inpatient Nurse Case manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2018
Overall rating good. Work life balance is a struggle. Compensation is fair. There is job security at this organization. The culture of the job is " change is constant."
Busy environment, always changing
Case Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 13, 2018
I maintain a caseload of 50 + clients each month. The employees are good group of people to work with. Various opportunities available to have career growth.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
Fast pace environment, ability to advance, ever chaning business climate
Oncology Inpatient Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Work at home position. Reviewed inpatient and outpatient services for transplant and oncology customers. Learned to quickly adapt to changing business needs.
Staff enjoyed staff
Associate Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 9, 2018
Conducted phone interviews with members and educated on depression and made sure they were keeping att. and taking meds. Conducted interviews with providers to authorize Pt treatments
Pros
Gived your job and you worked until done
Cons
It was a number game at times
wah
Case Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2017
I work from home so I do not interact with my associates. Typical day is logging on and carrying out my duties until it is time for me to lo off. Management could be better.
Pros
work from home
Cons
micro managing
Great company
Case Coordinator/ Disease Management Department (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX 78501September 21, 2017
Good Company to work at a lot is expected from employees. Great leadership very knowledgeable. Opportunity for advancement if you work hard for it. It's not easy.
Pros
opportunity to work remote
Cons
position is somewhat demanding
Supportive of advancement and career growth
Nurse Case Manager Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 11, 2017
Began career as Nurse Case Manager for Short Term Disability ; promoted to Sr. Nurse Case Manager for Long Term Disability within 6 months.

Manager supported growth and further promotion to Sr. Nurse Case Manager Specialist Long Term Care Nurse team just over 12 months later.

Extra duties added to oversee Vendor Management which provided more growth and expanded knowledge while supported internal customer and oversight of external vendors.
Of Cigna Healthspring
Case Manger Current (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 24, 2017
Flexible as far as arrival and departure as long as 8 hours completed. Travel 50 percent of time. Staff all wonderful and committed to company. Hardest part of job was being hired temp position without benefits.
Pros
Friendly collegues
Cons
contract
I liked travelling to major hospitals. Discussing files with Doctors
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2016
Daily file reviews
Meeting with physicians, discharge planner & Social worker.
Heavy caseload to review files ICU,CCU,Med//Surgical.
Working closely with Hospital staff.
Transfer patients to lower level of care.
Working with Utilization Management.
I learned how to certify surgical procedures
Attending free seminars to further educate myself
Pros
Free seminars
Cons
Travelling 3 different facilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

70%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss