Cigna Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Found 60 reviews matching the search See all 3,485 reviews
Good Place to Work
Nurse Case Management Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 17, 2019
I enjoy my job and would recommend working here. As with any large corporation, the job experience varies from department to department but I don't have anything bad to say about my work experience.
Great Company
Case Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 9, 2019
Love the work but compensation, benefits and advancement are lacking. For a health insurance company the benefits should be way more affordable. I like the people.
Negatives and positives are not equal. Be one of their favorites
Case Management (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 6, 2019
Cigna is like other health care facilities as far as stress level and organizational abilities are concerned. It is fast paced. The phone calls inbound and outbound are continuous, the telephonic meetings are almost daily and require computer knowledge and time. Notes on each patient (spoken to or discussed in meetings) are from five different computer places and 2-3 different programs or from case manager meetings. My personal caseload was around 50-60 and each patient had to be seen at least once a year at their location this is not counting the other patients that I helped out with and that was around 15-30 as the numbers constantly change. Vehicle could be rented if over a certain number of miles. Cigna spends a lot of money on training but the information is not fluid and understood at times. The insurance companies have become home health care.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Communication between managers to case managers are lacking.
No advancement
Case Management (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2018
Work can be super stressful because they want you to be every department at once. It’s unrealistic. No room for advancement unless you are friends with those who are in leadership. The Bonuses and raises each year are minimal.
Pros
Good time off
Cons
No room for advancement
I loved my team!
LTSS Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
I was in the waiver department at Cigna and it was a cohesive, productive group of people. I felt supported by my coworkers and managers. I was offered appropriately challenging new tasks that added to the value that I could provide the company and my fellow coworkers.
Productive work environment.
Case Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2018
Productive environment to work in. Business casual attire, some work from home opportunities. Benefits available. Friendly work environment, as well. Good opportunity for advancement in some departments.
Productive and customer focused
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, GlasgowSeptember 1, 2018
Very productive and a pleasure to work for, a typical day is very busy and customer focused, i have learnt a lot and have developed as a person, work place culture is positive but it is a very intense and stressful job with pressures to meet targets.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have made a difference to someone's life and have provided a good customer experience.
Pros
Exellent Salary and benefits
Cons
Shift parten
Cigna WAH
Nurse Case Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 29, 2018
I worked at home in various CM roles including Catastrophic CM, Trainer, Kidney CM. I was able to outreach to people with many needs and provide education on benefits and means of treatment.
Pros
Cigna accomodated me in every instance
Cons
Not much support or encouragement, especially from management.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 9, 2018
I thought that I was being hired as behavioral health case manager and would need to know some medical issues however when I went for the first day, I found that I would be working as case manager for "the worst of the worst" members with serious multiple problems. There was no welcome from my managers during the initial training period and I was not introduced to the team I would be working with until after the initial 2 weeks of training. I initially sent an email to my manager saying that I was happy to be there in training and onboard but she never even acknowledged it. During my employment there was no encouragement and no one ever offered to go over any of my cases with me to discuss what I might do to improve or except for the times I was being reviewed. We were discouraged from interacting with other members of the team or staff cases. Negative feedback was about the only feedback most of us received. Turnover rate was very high in my department and staff stayed discouraged and disheartened.
Pros
Lack of support from leadership.
Cons
Management was negative and punishing.
nice place to work
Inpatient Case Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
fast paced, great job, wish i never left there. I thought owning my own business was the way to go, but I wish I would've never left Cigna. It was a great place to wor
Productive with need to time manage work,
Certified Nurse Case Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work was time management based. Customer Centricity and teamwork was a great expectation. Efficiency; professionalism was rewarded. .
Pros
Enjoyed other workers
Cons
none really
Great Work Life Balance and Competitive Salary
Behavioral Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 28, 2018
Cigna offers excellent work life balance and a competitive salary. The cultural is laid back; but can be very competitive pending on department you're in. Overall, cigna is a great place to work.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Competitive
productive envirnment with other ncm to discuss files
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
review medical and behavioral files to address if the customer was medically disabled to perform the duties of there occupation. Discuss and staff files with the appropriate physician. Attend all team meeting.
Pros
good working enviroment
Great mission overall
Case Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 3, 2018
Great mission to serve it customer/clients. High standards. My personal experience is that Cigna falls short in allowing its employees with specific professional backgrounds to advance within the company regardless of their experience.
Can be a good place to work
Case Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 27, 2018
-Benefits are good.
-Positives and Negatives with all companies
-Tremendous opportunities for learning.
-Can be a good place to work.
-Computer systems / IT needs improvment
Benefits
Cons
It
Review
Inpatient Nurse Case manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2018
Overall rating good. Work life balance is a struggle. Compensation is fair. There is job security at this organization. The culture of the job is " change is constant."
business driven, not patient centered
Case Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  greenockMarch 11, 2018
leave your caring and nursing ethics at the door as they are only interested in saving money to create bonuses at the end of the year. very high pressured, your work is scrutinised, your achievements are not celebrated, only your "human error" mistakes.
Pros
social life
Cons
terrible management, no support
Busy environment, always changing
Case Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 13, 2018
I maintain a caseload of 50 + clients each month. The employees are good group of people to work with. Various opportunities available to have career growth.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
Fast pace environment, ability to advance, ever chaning business climate
Oncology Inpatient Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Work at home position. Reviewed inpatient and outpatient services for transplant and oncology customers. Learned to quickly adapt to changing business needs.
Great Place to Work
COBRA Business Analyst / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2018
In this position, I had my own cases. I would set up a group from scratch, load COBRA members and process the day to day mail and answer the phones. Dealt very closely with the client and COBRA members alike. Loaded the yearly COBRA rates and kept the systems updated with the members eligibility so they could get services. The hardest part of the job was when we were told they were outsourcing the COBRA function and we would all lose our jobs. That was a very sad day as I really enjoyed my job. The best part of the job was and still is, my friends I met along the way. We still remain close and meet up for dinner once a month to catch up.
Pros
Close to home, large cafeteria with many selections to choose from for breakfast and lunch, company time off
Cons
had to work too many years to accrue additional vacation time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight