Cigna

Cigna insights

Based on 1,190 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Not a clear description of the job too many different companies and departments in one company.

Good benefits. Compensation ok. Management needs a lot of work. I’m customer service it’s all about dumping the work on each other and management promotes negative competition amongst employees.

Pros

Good Benefits Good Attendance Policy

Cons

Impossible expectations for each call, lots of micromanaging the employees but no help when employees have questions.

Great company with good benefits.

Great company with good benefits. There were bonuses given to us while working during the pandemic. Good support from leadership. The cons, I was salaried so I did not have any control of my schedule.

not much training

you're expected to learn a ton of stuff in a few weeks then you're thrown out to the wolves. they need a better training program and need to give more support. overtime required

Pros

pay is OK, work from home

Cons

schedule, overtime, management, training

Not even pretending they care about people anymore.

COVID-19 clearly changed the workplace for a lot of people, but this place has become incredibly greedy about it. Pay raises for employees were withheld, while the company profited and gave raises to the board. COVID related absences count towards our PTO, and while your PTO is accrued based on your hours, it is capped at a yearly amount, and with increased work demands, you're required to work OT on top of that. So, you're simply a resource at this company. They won't hire more people at competitive wages, they won't give raises to those who have worked there for years, they are losing staff left and right and not replacing them. I feel constantly degraded and burnt out, while also not being treated like a person. Do not work here.

Pros

401K Match is high

Cons

Pay, healthcare (shockingly), management, pretty much everything.

working from home

worst company ever, you will never see a bonus, they try to force their training on you on your weekends off and make you work overtime for the entire year.

Pros

Cons

Everything!

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Flexible company with good benefits and salary, and room for growth

They offered great training to prepare you for the role. Great flexibility in remote/in office schedule. Opportunities to volunteer on company time, great benefits and room to grow within the company both inside your department and into other areas.

Pros

Flexible schedule, Casual dress code and environment, Work from home option, Annual raises and also merit/performance raises

Cons

High call volume from customers

Back to back calls no breathe.

The calls are back to back literally your entire shift no breathe time in between. The training is horrible, we didn’t get to observe anyone do the position. Just did practice training modules and role plays.

Pros

Pay, insurance

Cons

Not able to use benefits like PTO because most request are put on a waitlist.

Wheels are falling off.

I think they are focusing on expansion instead of patients. They do not promote CSR, do not support management, hate union which is so needed at places like this. They lie about everything.

Pros

decent benefits

Cons

poor par for what we do

Flexibility, work life balance

I have worked here 12 years. I’ve worked in a bunch of positions. There is room for growth and it is encouraged, however if you are happy where you are that’s fine too. The benefits are great

Pros

Work at home, flexibility, benefits

Cons

Co workers and management are encouraging and kind

They want you to do well here! I couldnt ask for a better manager!!!!! They promote from within. They give benefits and bonuses, pay difference if you work the late shift. Pto is also good. Management is very caring and kind

Pros

Nice manager, nice training and experts, no drama

Cons

Tech issues at times

Good and Bads

Very inclusive company to work with.Fair salaries.Good benefitsCompensation bonusesGood Employee CultureGrowing opportunitieslearning oportunities

Pros

Inclusivity, Benefits

Cons

Too much Outsourcing

Great Company

Amazing benefits and good work home life ratio. The stress is on the lower end and the job is what you make it. They have great values and it’s a good place to work.

Pros

Vacation time and insurance

Cons

Climbing the ladder is iffy

Benefits

Benefits are good. But the company will just move you to a different supervisor and team without notice or choice regardless of your seniority or experience. Very unprofessional and impersonal. Short breaks. Internal lateral job options are scarce.

Benefits

Cons

Job replacement

free parking in a garage

My role at Cigna was not one of a lot of fun I was leading a Pharmacy IT area and the dedication was important verses playing games.ntWe were expected to perform but management was fair and comp was excelle

Pros

Cigna was very good to me, great pay and bonus opportunities

Cons

Pharmacy IT is a high stress area within Cigna

Overall good place to work

My position at CMG is fully remote which I love. Management is always there when you need something. Benefits and pay are pretty fair. Overall I've had a great time with Cigna!

Cigna cares more about numbers than people who do the work. Goals and requirements constantly changing. Stress level is high and mandatory 20 hours of overtime during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Pros

Cons

Expensive Healthcare for a Healthcare Company, little respect fir people who actually do the job

Slow growth potential

waited 4 years to change the role, and still in band 2, compensation is really miserable comparing to work I do and responsibilities i have with little more than any service jobs in food industry, or small companies.

Pros

18 days of PTO per a year

Cons

Stress, micromanagement

Not worth it

Equipment was dirty and dusty on arrival. Training is terrible and they expect you to start talking calls without properly training you. First week they didn’t go over benefits at all. The expectation that they set in the interview is no where near how the training is.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor training, unorganized

Overall enjoy helping people- that’s what we are about- most coworkers are friendly even in stressful situations.

I thought I landed my dream job even though it’s a call center environment ( I knew this going into it) large company great benefits- a lot of opportunity for overtime Sometimes mandatory- great working from home but training just skimmed the edges so you must be on your toes at all times with everything you say and do .

Pros

Work from home- decent pay

Cons

Micromanaged, cussed out constantly by patients, is very stressfu

Great workplace!

The culture is nothing but positive. Insurance deductibles are high. Management is amazing - you get a ton of support. At times, there are rather hefty workloads. Pay is great and great work/life balance!

Pros

Flexibility, pay

Cons

High workloads

Still waiting to get paid.

Still waiting on the promised earned bonus. Or the raise I was promised. Or the uptraining. Was told I would be paid last week. Still waiting for that to happen.

Pros

It's a job.

Cons

It's a terrible company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K
1.4K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cigna.
Powered byComparably