Cigna Employee Reviews

Found 2,961 reviews matching the search See all 3,106 reviews
Horrible
Customer Service Representative 1 (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 20, 2018
In all of the years I have been in customer service I have never experienced a company as poorly ran as Cigna. The training, the work load, the expectations, and the inconsideration from management is unbelievable.
fast pace
Appeals Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 19, 2018
It is a fast pace work environment filled with very helpful and friendly people. It can be stressful at times but every one works together to meet objectives
I decline
Install Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 19, 2018
I decline to complete this evaluation of a current employer because it doesn't seem like my person experience should be put out there for other potential employees.
Learning best
Manual Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 18, 2018
Lots of good training. Loved the culture and the people except for the snitching within the teams. I was let go because someone couldn't hold on their telling.
Work Day
Customer Service Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 18, 2018
Work day starts off by being told what to work and how to work specific pharmacy orders.

Its pulling teeth to leave if you need to for something.,

lack of management, favoritism, between technicians and management if your not friends with management good luck on trying to get a promotion or your way.
Pros
overtime optional sometime, sometimes mandatory
Cons
management
Paid Dental claims
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 17, 2018
I loved working for Cigna. It was fast paced and had opportunities to move up in the business and learn different things in the insurance company. I started to learn how to process medical claims. Very fun place to work.
Pros
Learning, faced pace.
Cons
No cons
nice place to work
Inpatient Case Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
fast paced, great job, wish i never left there. I thought owning my own business was the way to go, but I wish I would've never left Cigna. It was a great place to wor
Older company slowly coming into the future
Sourcing Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
If you work hard and find a mentor in this aging institution you have a shot of a career path. Slowly coming around on all things, the culture is changing for the better.
Great Environment
General Clerk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
The company has great values and a CEO that is very passionate about the organization. Advancement opportunities was difficult unless you moved to another location.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria
Cons
Hard to advance at this location
Aquisition
Compliance Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2018
The company's culture was great until it was acquired by Cigna. Afterwhich, it became prejudice towards a person's Race, Education, etc. If you weren't a white male, college educated or connected to such, you were laid off. Regardless the number of years you did your job with great reviews/evaluations.
Best Place Ever!!!
Technical support Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
Cigna is awesome, you get to learn so much and they are patient with you. high call volume but all in all its a pretty good company to work for. alot of room to move up and progress.
Good place for big company
IM Software Engineer Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 16, 2018
Company changed over the years. Really charging into the future now. Good pay and benefits. Very competitive.. Upgrading technology. CEO is charismatic.
Medium Sized Office in a Large Corporation
Group Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 16, 2018
Working at CIGNA I learned quite about the health insurance industry and bidding out for new clients. Upper management was good however lots of politics in the mid and lower levels. One of the most difficult aspects was dealing with widely varying personalities.
Very Energetic place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJuly 16, 2018
Processing claims on a daily basis, very strict on conversation with other workers. Was not very informative with explaining the process on processing claims. The part that I did not like was it was very stressful. What I learned that there are many different claims to learn about and all of them can be difficult.
one of my favorate companies
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2018
one of my favorite companies full of opportunity and very good people to work with Great people at all levels of the company - joining is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
great place to work-room for improvement, however
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 14, 2018
A great place to work. Many positive changes have taken place in recent years There is room for improvement in compensation -especially how bonuses are awarded.
always changing
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 13, 2018
extremely stressful and management unable to communicate effectively, need more effective tools to help employees too many changes that employees never hear about until it is too late
Pros
some holidays off
Cons
always stressful
Not a good company ethically!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 12, 2018
I don't have nothing to say about Cigna they want you to follow policy but yet don't follow it them selves! I would never go back to Cigna! Have no empathy in regard to you or what's going on with you or your family!
This position was as an independent contractor
Health and Wellness Screener (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJuly 12, 2018
The health screening position at Cigna involved closely monitoring job posting for health screening events hosted by various companies for employees who had Cigna healthcare coverage. The goal of these events to my recollection was to report height, weight, blood pressure and glucose levels of the perticipants to ascertain any possible risk factors such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
Pros
Flexibility of the work
Cons
Job stability
Data Analyst seasonal
TEMP ASSIGNMENT (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 12, 2018
Perfect temporary position while seeking full-time career in field desired. Also, very loyal company that reached out to have me help out after 19 years out of the industry.

Very good opportunity for an entry level person seeking to advance and learn very important skills in the workplace as well as personal life necessity in the insurance industry.
Pros
Good work experience for entry level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight