CIM GROUP Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Working with my management was easy and made for a very productive day. I learned quite a bit and enjoyed talking to upper management as they were extremely helpful.
Pros
Pay, Management, Teamwork
Cons
None to mention
Run away
Not providing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 27, 2018
Very hard culture to work within: untrained poor management skills in every department, very bullying culture. No training or orientation given whatsoever in anything from date of hire and beyond. Baptism by fire.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
No cafeteria, bullies and in-crowd clicks abound, cubicles for everyone except Sr. Mgmt., mgmt (especially owners and Sr. Mgmt) scream and curses at employees publicly in front of everyone
I like the fast paced challenging environment
HR cOORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CADecember 13, 2018
I walk into th offict with lots of work to do but never felt stressful.I learned time management and all aout property management. Workplace culture was good,Management was not so nice but not that bad, Best part abput my job was my HR manager who saw the hard work in me and kept promoting me,
Pros
My HR Manager
Cons
Not much
Fast paced
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2018
I love working with CIM Group the only down is the lack of management skills of some of the managers. The company is growing and they are very nice and laid back willing to listen and make changes where necessary. One con I have they are located in California so lot of training is done on line.
Pros
Real relaxed laid back company.
Cons
Managers are not held accountable.
N/a
Property Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2018
Not a good company, No direction they are new to the Houston market. Maybe in California things are done different. I would not apply there or work for CIM again.
Good experience
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2018
ecause this is a non-profit big you without a job I like that its in the city but be prepared to not be stable and work for long thats the down part.
Average Experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2018
Pretty much your run of the mill private equity experience, you know what you're getting yourself in to. Lots of work to be done, lots of hours to be put in, but the projects are interesting to work on and the people are very smart.
Hostile environment
Senior Associate, Treasury (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2018
Motives driven by unethical politics. Management training required and necessary for current management which has history of hiring unexperienced employees at lower rates to perform duties that require knowledge and experience. No appreciation for dedicated and hard working employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lack of fairness with management and requires management training.
Fun place to work
Technology Intern - Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at CIM group.I got to learn many new products and projects were very interesting and got work on many of those.

Good team,Helpful,Friendly.
Good company to work for
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2018
It's a big corporation in billions. Investments, property management and development. They have properties all over USA and many investors around the world. They buy sell and build constantly.
The work environment is nice and co workers as well, even thoug you see people all over who you dont even know, people work everywhere in the offices and hallways and small meeting rooms all the time. Some work remotely.
The company is very busy and there is great amount of work that most people work overtime almost every day, pay is good.
The company supports and teaches well for new employees to succeed.
But like always something is lacking and part of that is communication.

They have free gym, discounter lunch and free overtime dinners, and free snacks every day.

Want to know more about CIM GROUP?

Ask a question
Excellent company to work for. They are a well structured company with great processes and access to management for orientation and support.
Controller, Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2018
Very supportive company that treats their employees with dignity and provides great opportunity for advancement. It is a company well structured with different levels of management, It is a company that spend times and resources to create the proper channels for employees to find help and answers.
no review
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2018
No review on this employer.The CIM Group is California based company with very few properties in the DC market. This sometimes makes it difficult to get proper direction.
productive
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 11, 2018
good for those who want long hours and OT and travel. Great inviorment and co workers but manegement is bad in planning and setting up jobs. Also have back up work for them slow months
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2018
Ability to manage with plenty of input in the decision making processes. Great people and staff to work with. Given all of the tools necessary to be as productive as you can be.
Pros
Good people to work with and good benefits.
Cons
Being a REIT your property may sell
N/a
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2018
The organization has various assets that are beautiful. The leadership lacks and there is an overall disorganization when it comes to operations that can be difficult and frustrating as an employee.
Stressful and very corporate
Analyst, Development (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2018
Got lost in the politics of this organization. While I believe there could have been a much better working environment, the inner circle of the management gets treated much better than the rest of the employees.
Business oriented company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2018
CIM Group is a very straightforward business oriented company. The company only thinks about their bottom line and not about the employees. I respect it, they pay well. If you can work for CIM, you will develop tough skin and plenty of investment knowledge along with business tools that will help you succeed at any company. Do you job, learn get paid and retain information for growth else where. This company is not made for the weak.
Typical Day as a Receptionist
RECEPTIONIST / OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
Coordinate conference rooms shared by 2 different companies while managing all incoming guests, catering, deliveries, and phone calls.
The hardest part is that you learn to multitask to no ends under little to no supervision as you sit in an empty waiting room for 9-10 hours a day. You may receive certain complaint calls about certain things you have very little to no knowledge of company projects that is managed by your company. Colleagues and associates are however, very pleasing and nice.
Pros
free lunch, free breakfast, fresh fruits, keurig coffee selection, stocked Pantry Kitchen
Cons
Short breaks, long amount of time sitting in solitary, a sudden rush of everyone needing your assistance with everything possible.
Team Meeting
LEASING AGENT/ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Out team meeting were very productive. We all worked on as team to get the job done and efficiently. My manager was fun and energetic made me feel at home.
Pros
you learn a lot
Cons
time goes by too fast
A great place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Stayed with CIM for 10 years because I enjoyed working with my peers, while continuously learning and growing. The company is well respected and positioned in the real estate investment market.