CIMA HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Poor upper management
Clinical manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, txSeptember 21, 2018
Enjoyed my local team but receives very little support from corporate. Did not feel as corporate cared for staff and employees. I was the only person in the office taking on the job of 3. There was no plans to hire help. Finally after 2 months of asking, and some very heated emails, a "receptionist" was hired. But she is expected to perform office management task for half the pay. My immediate supervisor was 4 hours away and was very passive aggressive and condiscending. I am very heartbroken one person ruined my love for this job!
Pros
Local team
Cons
Volunteer Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work, lots of support. I only volunteered here for a short time because I had to go back to work and go to school. This was a great place to work and the people were very friendly
Overall
Alternate Supervising Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2018
Friendly
Caring
Everyone is always willing to help
Above and beyond team work
Flexible
Time management and self autonomy
Patient care centered
favoritism
case manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
Don't work there. I left cause management talks a good story about team all the time but too many meetings and playing favorites and family. They are a bunch of liars and amateurs who run off good people and keep lousy ones.
Pros
I needed a job to pay the bills
Cons
favoritism and hopeless managers
Horrible Corporate Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 2, 2018
CIMA Hospice is a large company with no regards to their employees or patients. Their sole concern is what to cut so they can make more money. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Benefits were horrible too. A company that has as many employees as Jordan Home Health has their health insurance was VERY expensive.
Very stressful, constantly changing conditions
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, TXOctober 15, 2017
Poor management. Have to drive too many miles. DON expects you to train yourself on their charting system. Low pay and low mileage pay. Too many meetings that accomplish nothing.
I truly enjoyed the support and team work.
Lic. Social Worker- BSW (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2017
I learned to appreciate my life and those around me. Helping and supporting the patients and their family members was very rewarding and having that connection with them. Be able to give them that added emotional and verbal support to help them feel comfortable. The team involved in the patient care was very important to me and the professionalism. At one point the company felt like a close family. The hardest part of the job was letting go of the patient and families. Travel is not easy. But I loved the whole experience.
Pros
Not being micro managed and treated like an adult.
Cons
The travel and not being paid for milage fairly.
Slower paced position with great people
Administrative assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2017
This is a volunteer position for me. I will volunteer here until I find employment. The people are great to work with. There are busy days and there are not so busy days
exellent staff
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 2, 2017
staff is amazing and administration is just as amazing, great company that takes care of you financially. Training is extremely detailed and is critiqued to the best.
Great work experience
LMSW- Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 11, 2017
I loved working with this population. CIMA was merged with Jordan Healthcare. Good team work with nurses.
Work load/case load got to be too big with little assistance from another social worker.
Excellent patient care
Administrator and Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 8, 2016
Oversee 5 offices staffing; education; compliance and finances. The corporate HQ is located in Texas and company is going through many changes. Local staff is excellent and hard working.
Pros
Local
Cons
long hours; new corporate managment
Great Place to work
Administrator/Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2016
If you like working as a team this is the place to be. Everyone works together, I wish i wouldn't have left. Thought i was going to work for a company that had more to offer the patients,
Pros
great place to work
Cons
money is fair
I believe CIMA can pay their employees more money, give them paid holidays, and increase the accrual to paid time as well as sick time
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2015
I love working for CIMA they are very family oriented but can pay their employee more money.

I believe the Management hires too many of their family members instead of giving current employees a chance to apply for position.
Most enjoyable part of my job is "team building". Company strives to keep employees informed with weekly meetings, open door policy & fairness.
RN, Transition Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
A typical day at work is check any overnight updates, plan day out according to urgent needs. I've learned additional things Cima implements in their daily workload, ex: each dept manages different task to get the job done. Patient care represenatives go out and get consents completed, intake gathers any clinicals, marketers follow-up on all of their referrals, admissions RN seals the deal by admitting then case managers implement patient's daily care needs.
Pros
team building
Cons
healthcare
Has potential
Mid level Employee (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TexasJanuary 21, 2015
Service to the patients have always been exceptional by the staff. The only problem was administration and management.

Employee moral was low and divided. There was favoritism and bickering. Luckily most of the staff worked out of the office.

With the new change in ownership came some improvements in administration and management. However, employees state that staff turnover and low moral continues.

This agency has the potential for growth and expansion in other areas given the right administration to lead it.
Benefits
Cons
Employee moral low
Some of the best people you will ever meet!
Provider Relations Executive (Current Employee) –  Mcallen, TexasOctober 1, 2014
Hardworking people, providing the best hospice care service in the Rio Grande Valley. The Cima Hospice team takes pride in offering high quality medical care. Great group of individuals and all around down to earth!
Pros
Great team! Like family!
Cons
On-call 24 hours a day
Productive fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2014
A typical day including visiting my patients and helping them with their daily activities. Following I had to submit all my work electronically. Management was always ready to help me. Great company!
A lot of driving
Patient Care Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting with families. The hardest part of my job was work late nights and do on call weekends. Put so many miles on my car and waste a lot of gas. I am a student so it was hard for me to do on call weekends.
Pros
the expereince and meeting with families
Cons
a lot of driving and on call weekends
Very Ethical, great care to patients.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 3, 2012
Overall a small to medium company, with great growth potential. Overall good managers with great insight on the hospice care.
Pros
management very helpful in employee needs.
Cons
car mileage reimbrustment not adequate, .