CINCINNATI-HAMILTON COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY Employee Reviews

great environment to work
Family Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2019
Fantastic work environment where your managers care about their team members.Best work place I have ever worked in. Managers respected the team members and training was top notch.
All about Famlies
FAMILY SUPPORTIVE SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 1, 2019
Management was ok
I enjoyed what I did.
Inter-action with the customer u didn't know and got to know was awesome.
Finding help for those in need and knowing you did it.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Management she know there job
A great place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2018
job was fun coworkers were fun to work wiyh management was awesome and understood emergency situations loved professional development days trainings were paid
Pros
paid trainings
Cons
healthcare and under paid
Good Kids/ Horrible Co-Workers
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  West End-- CincyMay 13, 2018
Its very difficult to work here.
Managment is unecessarily strict, the dress code is overly rigid. We are running after preschoolers all day, who cares what you wear?
In my experience, coworkers formed a clique that was impossible to break into. I was treated poorly, even accused of stealing. No one had my back in that situation, there was absolutley no one I felt comfortable talking to.

My advice, please do not work here.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Zero training, no clear teaching philisophy
Great First Job1
Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 22, 2018
I am highly customer oriented. This seasonal position enabled me the opportunity to serve the public.

Additionally, exercising my creative skills to beautify the community was quite rewarding.
Great work place but lots of politics
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2017
It was a great place to work, I started out as a technician and was promoted to production manager after 6 months due to hard work and a desire to advance the Agency received grant money so pay was based on government stimulus
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Became an evironment of who you know not what you know for advancement
Supportive Services/Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2016
Advancing people that does not have the skills for the job. In my sixteen years I was able to advance under the previous Director. Staff respected me and I had a great team. Enjoyed the people that I worked with. The hardest part was not being able to perform my duties effectively under the new management
Pros
Rewarding helping families
Great Co -workers but management needs a lot of improvements
Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2016
As far as co wrokers this place is great, its a lot of good teachers here. The kids come from the inner city so you have to deal with the inner city issues. But the biggest problem here is the management or the higher ups as we call them, they talk down to you at times and doesn't always have your back like they should.
Pros
co wrokers, kids, pay
Cons
management
Priority in helping making things happen for others
Human Resource Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioAugust 6, 2014
Vast opportunities to inform and help others. Busy from the start to the end of each day.
Pros
Customer Contact
Cons
More funding needs
nice place
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working here but my tenure was seasonal too short of an experience for a detailed rating
Great work environment, extremely positive & uplifting place under great leadership.
Administrative Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 10, 2013
I managed 2 assistants & 2 temporary employees as I provided our work crews with all the materials, tools, and safety equipment to go out & perform weatherization procedures on homes. I learned the importance of pre planning & the importance of being efficient. My coworkers were great. The hardest part of my job was ensuring that all the paperwork was coded & added to each job correctly because all our information had to be accurate for state purposes. The most enjoyable part of my day was at the end when the work crews would come back in & tell us how much better a certain material work compared to a material we use to use. For me that meant we were all working together to better ourselves & also better the quality of homes we were working on.
Pros
Great hours & positive work atmosphere.
Cons
More people needed our help than we could serve under our program guidelines.
Non Profit
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 3, 2013
If you can stay out of the managers way you will be OK. Managers and either too new to being a manager or too old to actually manage anything.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
To much reaction and not planning
Somewhere that you make the world a better a place
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 5, 2012
Some of the people I met there were the nicest people you could meet. I have friendships with people formerly employed there and with people who still work there. I worked in the Head Start program, which primarily provides free-of-charge child care for children from low-income families. As a grant-funded nonprofit, the principal problem was to be sure you spent all the money you get each year and to be sure you didn't run out of money before the year is up.
Pros
free parking
Cons
dangerous neighborhood