Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
cincinnati childrens
Emergency Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2018
I would recommend this place to anyone in the medical field or looking to join it. children's is a great place to work and they value their employees with tons of room for advancement.
Okay working experience
Release of Information technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2018
I like my job, management is hard to deal with. There is a lot of miscommunication and confusion in HIM department. Most people in department are younger, just out of college adults.
Somewhat good place to work.
Senior Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2018
I did enjoy being apart of a company that was helping so many children, but that changed, now change can be good and change can be difficult and I don't mind upgrading but it became more difficult to enjoy doing what I love to do. I scheduled for 12 different departments and assisted with new hire, gave great ideas that were implemented. As we grew, we seem to have lost what we natural had... compassion for one another . Now it's a forced feeling. I think someone told me that once they turned in a corporation, all of the compassion that they had was gone.
Pros
Took away handle time
Cons
They took away our EIB, shorten our lunches.
Great place for solid employment
Food Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2018
Working for a nonprofit is different than any of my previous jobs. There is much attention to employee well being, life/work balance, etc. The unfortunate part is that our management is through an outside vendor. Day to day management lacks due to instability of the management team
Changing Climate
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2018
Things change all the time at CCHMC-sometimes quickly & sometimes very slowly. Some areas allow telework and others do not. CCHMC has come a long way.
Extremely busy environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2018
I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly while at this organization. The emphasis is on patient care as it should be but there needs to be improvement in employee benefits (told that Lowe's had a better medical plan). Many departments are overworked due to low staffing and budget cuts.
its a nice place to work if you have a great team leader
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 25, 2018
would come in get list of rooms to be done for the day also learned how to wax a floor manamement never was around unless a problem needed to be addressed was a clean envirment but when you came to work and some of the residents had passed doing more than your asked and get to punch out earlyer in the day.
TEAM Oriented
Orthopaedic Technologist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2018
Strong team orientation. Took 2 years to get an internal interview. Very difficult to move around to other jobs within the organization. Majority of the focus is on nursing
Productive work place with recreational activities
Mental Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2018
Typical day at work was managing adolescents mental health issues and facilitating groups. I learned how to manage adolescents mental health issues effectively. Management not supportive!
Pros
Recreation
Cons
Short breaks
It was a rewarding place to work . The childrens families were greatful for the services provided.
Administrative Assistant , Prior Auth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2018
I worked for Children's for 13 years , I was so excited to work here. I started in the PACU and then Neurology I answered the phone line for inbound calls to the Neuro dept and did Prior Auths for 10 years. The staff was great in the Neuro department . I was then transferred to the Centralized Prioritization Department to focus on PA's . My position was to obtain auths for medications , office visits mostly out of town visits . I felt it was very poor management , co workers were great we all worked hard. I felt it was more about production than actually helping the families .They didn't really want you to do above 100 percent for the family it was about numbers. Upper Management needs improvement.
Pros
Benifits, working with children, diversity, families .
Cons
Management at the Call center, not really listening to staff that performed the actual work.
productive and friendly workplace
Innovations in Community Research (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2018
My typical day included a lot of desk work. I worked in SPSS and converted data from paper sheets into the computer and ran analyses on a school readiness program called Success by 6. I worked in a room with other interns who were very friendly and nice. We went to lunch together a few times. My supervisor had a desk not far from mine and encouraged me to ask questions if I was confused. He was very helpful and friendly. Hardest part of the job was being comfortable sitting at a desk all day/not moving around much.
Pros
good environemnt and friendly workers
Cons
can grow boring
Co-Op Term
CLINICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2018
Great place to get your feet wet and get introduced to Biomedical Equipment maintenance and repair. You are rotated through areas to ensure you receive a broad introductory to the field.
Great place to work and do something meaningful with one's life
Intern-Family Financial Advocate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2018
I learned a lot from my manager and coworkers. Everyone was friendly and didn't have any problems with anyone. The parking arrangements isn't the best but the work one does is fulfilling.
productive
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2018
I am working at cincinnati children's hospital full-time.
Amazing people! I learned & grew a lot professionally. Great work-life balance! Supportive managers.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
less competitive
Cchmc
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2018
I loved working for CCHMC, I felt that I wasn't paid well in my role there but I think it is much easier to advance your career and go in many different directions. I would work there again in a heart beat. Loved everything about working there.
Very negative management style
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2018
It is a very negative work environment. management plays favorites and d they hold grudges. The hospital itself is OK but Vet services needs a lot of changes.
Experience depends on the Department (Research Towers)
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2018
Overall, organization morale is low because of budget cuts and will likely remain so until the research foundation stabilizes after construction completes of the newest proposed patient tower.

Individual departments can be really rewarding to work for, but the experience depends on direct supervisors and managers; can go either very well or quite poorly.

High expectations and prickly managers can make some day to day experiences difficult, but (at least in my division) everyone wants to support each other, and that makes the work rewarding. Good potential to develop important skills.
Great Place
Research Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229April 11, 2018
Best places to work in Cincinnati! Friendly and nice staff as well as great benefits! Flexible scheduling in research divisions. PTO bank is nice and health insurance is decent.
Steressful and cut throat
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2018
The best description is cut throat. Management treated staff like a number and would just get rid of staff they didn't like. The culture changed over the past few years and the focus was on growing and being number 1 in the country versus building the employee base for retention, keeping tenured staff for their education and skills.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Under staffed and lack of management support
Great people
Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2018
If you can get a job here, take it. Great people and culture. Changing the outcome together. You can be proud of the difference you make in the world here.