Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Food service
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 17, 2019
It was a working at children's hospital. Alot of caring people and employees. It was nice to see how much people cared about one another and could work together to make a child and parents day better and with a smile.
Pros
Equal opportunity to advance to other departments
Cons
Not really nothing I seen wrong that couldn't be solved.
Childrens
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2019
Nice hospital. Promote from within. Busy place, lots of training. excellent orientation programs and educational training and programs. Nice place to work.
I feel great place to work if you know someone
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2019
Stressful great benefits nice family geared place to work just lack of room to advance, lots of activities for families. Rank number two in nation. Great hospital
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Stressful management picks favorites
I didn't work there long.
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2019
I didn't work there long enough to form a full opinion on the place. I found the environment a bit stifling, but friendly and professional as well. Around a good place to work, I'd say.
Working at Childrens'
Volunteer Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2019
Great Place ! It is a big hospital with a lot of opportunities. Very warm and friendly atmosphere. People are kind and welcoming. Supervisors were friendly !
Excellent Place to Work
Senior Database Administrator / Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2019
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is an excellent place to work. The work is challenging and fast paced, the people are smart and highly motivated. CCHMC is rated as the #2 children's hospital in the US.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules and good work/family life considerations
Cons
Can be difficult to develop friendships at work.
Fast-paced environment with high expectations
Materials Management - Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2019
A great place to work. Very demanding to attract and retain top talent. Work/life balance is not easy due to workload, although the hospital does try hard to help you balance.
Rewarding Work Experience
Business Process Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioMarch 1, 2019
Children's Hospital is a place that I am now and have always been proud to represent. The connections I have established are of high value to my sense of worth and contribution to our teams that strive to improve health in our children, communities and around the globe.

The joy of collaborating with such a diverse population of peers, individuals, families and groups has fostered growth on a professional and personal level.

Children's is a powerhouse of strong leaders and continues to produce learning and development that is designed to encourage constant growth and strengthen management skills.

My job is rewarding and fulfilling. I feel valued by my manager and appreciate the opportunities afforded to me as an individual. This is a difficult question to answer; there is nothing I would note regarding the "hardest part of my job" other than the noise and distractions, for me personally, within our open office poses challenges to concentrate.

The most enjoyable part of my job is equally difficult to answer. I feel satisfied and accomplished each day. I am encouraged to improve and mentor others, it is expected to set achievable, yet challenging goals and the support to achieve said goals is in place. I am part of an organization that truly makes a positive difference in our world and value people.
Pros
Benefits, inclusion, development tools, values
Awesome place to work and grow your skills
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2019
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly and encouraging. If you're looking for your first internship this is a great place to start. The day to day was always different and exciting.
Great for patients, terrible for PhD students
Graduate Research Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2019
Definitely not a place I would recommend for young students trying to get into research. The oversight is a burden and advisers are allowed to abuse their students with impunity.
Pressures on lowering cost of care drive organization
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2019
I had autonomy in my position and a great working relationship with my manager and her peers, but the pressures placed on lowering cost of care caused stress in day-to-day work. A lot of administrative red tape was in the way of getting things done, mainly due to controlling administrative expenses, but this caused confusion and constant restructuring of processes for completing tasks.
Pros
Pension, Flexible Scheduling, Autonomy
Cons
Lower Pay than Peers, Low Annual Increases in Pay
Great for Opportunity/ Poor Management
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2019
The typical day can vary in workload but is mostly rewarding. Staffing varies and is never enough to support the workload. Management pretends to care by sending out surveys and soliciting input but very little action is taken to improve the environment. Morale around the lab is low and management does not support the employees.
Pros
Top Hospital. Interesting cases
Fast paced enviroment
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Cchmc was the best job I had so far it was rewading and challenging too which was a ggod thing I learned so much there and I would go back .If allowed
Pros
Third shift your your own boss meaning you can pace your self give extra attention to detailing
Cons
Children who are very sick
Lots of culture changes, departmental & managerial changes
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2019
I have gained lots of experience & knowledge working for CCHMC

Microsoft Word
Excel
Power Point
Visio
Kronos
Scheduling
Concur Travel

Management in my department is very demanding and not very friendly.
Pros
Great Benefits, retirement & 403B
Cons
Very stressful
Rewarding work but you can get lost in the shuffle
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Children's is a fulfilling place to work and it very much follows the organizational mission. The work can be very rewarding and you feel a personal connection. However, it is a very large organization and you can get lost in the shuffle if you are not constantly advocating for yourself to move your career forward.
Pros
Cons
No clear career ladder or promotion
Great place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45229February 8, 2019
Great place no advancement at all. Children's offers tuition assistance but nothing to back that up if you're not a nurse/doctor. Its a lot of individuals looking to boost their careers here but its not happening and people who have been here years cant transfer or build themselves/career. They will hire outside to offer lower pay.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
advancement
Great Place to Work
Research Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2019
Really makes you feel like your work makes a difference. Love my job, benefits are better than most, tuition reimbursement very fair.
Some management imbalance issues, but nothing outside of what you find in any typical business setting. Also there are opportunities for career advancement but promotional raises are always a flat 10% which makes it more profitable to leave the company to gain a fairer market compensation which is a little disheartening.
Cons
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2019
Theres no room for growth unless you're a doctor or nurse.
Management is a joke there. Under paid and over worked.
People try so hard to get into childrens but as soon as they do they try as hard to leave!!
Good company with little chance of promotion
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2019
I have been working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital full-time
Pros

- Stress free work
- Benefits are decent (especially the vacation)
- People are really nice (in their majority)

Cons

- There is no career progression (maybe if you are an MD, Nurse or PhD you might get something better)
- Little cooperation between teams/departments

Advice to Management

- Ask for some feedback on a regular basis and not only once a year
- Check your goals and make sure everybody is aligned with them
Great company
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHJanuary 30, 2019
I loved working here. Everyone is so kind. The benefits are fantastic and the perks you receive are pretty awesome. The opportunity to work here was a great choice.