Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

The Vaccine Program provided challenges and was successful in developing a program to improve the health of children in this community.
Vaccine Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2018
I received the benefits of being a Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center employee and was fortunate to work independently in a grant funded program that was supported by ODH, CDC, and the Cincinnati Health Department while I was at CCHMC. I was a satellite location for this Grant but I was also recognized by CCHMC as a full time employee. I was fortunate to work with staff who were supportive and my director was terrific overall my experience was good . The one disappointment I encountered was as the grant decreased its financial support, CCHMC was unable to make this a permanent program and this satellite location was removed from the hospital.
stressful but rewarding, working and interacting with the patients
MHS (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2018
The job in itself can be stressful and rewarding at the same time. You really never know how the day will go because you work with a very diverse amount of Pt's that get admitted in the main hospital. The Pt's for the most part are a pleasure to work with but at times the job can become very dangerous due to working with larger aggressive Pt's. The job doesn't pay nearly enough for what is required of the MHS role and the level of education needed to apply for the MHS position (bachelor degree) is just another smack to the face. CCHMC is number 2 in the nation for the care that is provided by its wonderful employees but from the inside looking out CCHMC employees aren't paid as much as we should be unless you are a Doctor or hold a company executive position.
Pros
Getting the opportunity to interact and work with the children & their families.
Cons
Over worked if you are a male MHS, Low pay for the work thats required, MHS position requires you to have a bachelors degree, Benefits are mediocre at best
Lovely Place to work
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed the employees that I worked with the hardest part of the job is engaging with new management that may not be as familiar with your role.
I love working with people
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 9, 2018
I love my current job at CCHMC. Right now I am looking for part time employment to subsidize my wages due to financial reasons. I am seeking something similar to my current knowledge and skills.
Pros
extra income
Cons
working around my current work schedule
Loved working at CCHMC.
SOCIAL WORK CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2018
I loved my job and peers. Helping patients and families was very rewarding. I felt valued by my medical team. I was very sad to leave. Great place to work.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Funding changes
Love it!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2018
Great place to work! Morale is great and everyone loves what they do. Times can be stressful but you get through it. Everyone is willing to help you out when you need it!
Pros
Helpful people, great atmosphere
This was a stepping stone for me . Great place to work .
Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 16, 2018
My time with Childrens was great the pay was not as much as I’d like but high for the position. Staff and management were great . I found a position in my previous field much closer to home is the only reason I left .
Pros
Amazing kids and great staff
Cons
Shift differential for split shifts gets tricky
Fast paced
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
Does not pay enough. Stayed on one shift to long no opportunity to grow. High turn over. The thing I like is you will receive a bonus check every 6 months.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No growth
A day at Cincinnati Children's
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2018
Cincinnati Children's seems to be a great place to work. I think I should have chosen a different department to work. I love the children that come to the hospital. I think that's the best part.

I love interacting with my customers and giving them a product I would be proud to serve anywhere, at any time.
Great place to work and great with educational opportunities
Health Unit Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work and great with educational opportunities. And its room for advancement. I enjoy interacting with the families. I enjoy what I do everyday, I enjoy my co-workers as well.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough overtime to get.
Great Place to work
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2018
The pay is not as competitive as other facilities in my opinion but the difference in the stress level/pension is worth the difference. The patient load compared to adult care is much better.
Pros
Adequate staffing, pension
Cons
Lower pay than other places
Not Reviewing
Environmental Coordinator, Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH (Avondale)August 5, 2018
I prefer not to write a review because I feel the organization has become highly political and is pushing a New World Order agenda, including Transgenderism and open borders. Additionally it appears some of the labor contractors are discriminating against American workers in favor of foreign laborers. You cannot post this.
My job was outside the box
Summer Sports Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2018
I was a summer counselor for a program in the ADHD center. It's very different from the pace you will see at the actual hospital, but during my time at training on campus, it was very enjoyable.
somewhat productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2018
On a typical evening here would clean hospital rooms and break rooms, did not learn anything i didn't already know,management was horrible terrible communication with workplace, i worked around a lot of sick and dying children, hardest part of the was getting to know the patients and watching them battle their illnesses. nothing was enjoyable about working here
Çalışkan bireyler için çok fazla fırsat olan bir yer
Visiting Scholar (Former Employee) –  Hamilton County, OHJuly 12, 2018
Laboratuvara sabah 9'da gidip akşam 5'te çıkardım. Genel olarak çok temiz ve çalışkan insanlarla karşılaştım.
Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center
Financial Service Rep. III, Ophthalmology (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center. Productive work place I enjoyed working there most of the employee's there are very friendly and helpful to the patient's and there parent's
Childrens Hospital
Emergency Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2018
This is a good place to work at if you are in the right department. Like all jobs it has its good and bad parts. The management positions are typically given to friends or family of the boss though.
important institution, bad management
Medical Interpreter/Linguistic/Culture Broker Jan (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 9, 2018
Management was poor and caused good people to leave the job they love.
their inconsiderate management changed a good standard to a mediocre in less than a year, from the third place in the country to the twelfth.
Pros
good Nobel work with children.
Cons
Poor managements.
Great Workplace
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 9, 2018
It is a great place to work for. Very driven and great at hiring talented people with great personalities! Ample PTO is given and a true culture of caring for children is on display here.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible with schedule, and an honest environment
Workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2018
A typical day is very busy with the day-to-day operations. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in the life's of other by the work that you do in supporting the faculty in their research effort.