Cincinnati Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Work life
Research Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2018
As a research assistant, I enjoyed the autonomy to formulate study design, perform experiments, and interpret results. However, the worst part of my position was the lack of opportunity for advancement. Even with a master degree in immunology, I quickly found that the Pulmonary Biology department in the R Building of the 4th floor lack the funds and the positions for advancement. Therefore, I decided to leave academia and pursue a master degree as a physician assistant.
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
lack of benifits, management, career advancement
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2018
Children's Hospital is the best hospital for the kids to go to who is sick they take good care of them and it's a good working environment and the pay is decent
Fun working environment
Lab Animal Technician 2 ( laundry tech) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 2, 2018
Children’s hospital is a excellent work place. Good health benefits, paid holiday and vacation time are just a few of the perks that they offer to their employees.
Stressful, negative atmosphere
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2018
This was a temporary assignment for me.
Work atmosphere was stressful and
the work culture was difficult to work in, employees
were not happy with their jobs and management.
Employees felt they were overworked and didn't
receive enough help to get their jobs done.
Some of what I observed while working there was
that some staff members goofed off and wasted time
instead of doing their jobs.
Pros
Nice work space
Cons
Employee disatisfaction with their jobs
Productive and fun workplace
STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2018
Working at Cincinnati Children's provided me many opportunities to learn new things as well as improve my interpersonal and communication skills. The work environment was also very enjoyable and I looked forward to going into work every day.
Exploitative environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2018
If I could give this place zero stars I would. I believe that all they care about is money. In my experience they will make you all kinds of promises when they hire you, then exploit you (all the worse for you if you have any actual talent), and then throw you out if you are not willing to kiss up to the management.
Pros
Used to be great, not anymore
Cons
Pretty much everything. Incompetent professors and managers, questionable ethics, low morale, unhealthy work dynamics, ....
Great place work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 18, 2018
Cincinnati Children's is a great place to work, Benefits are awesome and room for advancement is always there. Fun place to work they always have something going on for employees to interact with.
Nice place to start out at
Co-Op Technician -Plant Engineering (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2018
I worked at CCHMC in plant engineering. It isn't a bad place to start out at. Work flow varied daily, but overall a relaxed environment. Plant engineering is divided into five main divisions that act independently from each other.
Churn and Burn Employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2018
If you do not work at the main two hospitals, you will not reap the rewards of Children's Number 2 rating. Expect to work six out of seven days. Expect impossible nurse to patient ratios. CCHMC does not pay any better than your average nursing home.
Pros
Brand Name Recognition on the Resume
Cons
Revolving Door of Employees
Great place to work, depending on your field
Deskside Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2018
IS is a mess, specifically Client Services. There is no career path and there have been recent management changes that have had a negative impact on this team. In general, though it is a good organization to work for and there are some truly great people everywhere.
Pros
great people, good benefits
Cons
No career path, limited opportunity to move up, management
stressfull
Access Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2018
The area I worked in can be stressful at times and is not for everyone. Management was not open for subjections in my area. Interacting with the patients and families was the best part. Typical day is registration of patients for tests, surgeries and lab work.
Pros
Something different with every patient
Cons
no breaks but lunch
I love working for children's
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2018
Great place to work and I would not have it any other way! They pay attention to their employee and has an open door policy for the managers. Apply today!
Great Research Hospital
Research Assistant/Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 19, 2018
There is a lot of innovative research being conducted at CCHMC and the benefits are great. However, it is difficult to advance in research assistant or research coordinator positions.
good co-workers and clients
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2018
i enjoyed my co-workers and my clients the most.i enjoy kids a lot and i feel like it was my duty to make the kids feel welcome and even tho they were sick i wanted to cheer them up. i would say one of the best jobs i had, far as management I feel like the manager i had went out of their way to ensure that we didn't have healthy relationship i feel like i did everything in my power to do things like ask questions be respectful, take initiative but it was very obvious to me that i was being worked against.
Overall enjoyable place to work but...
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. With a Bachelor's in Psychology, there are not that many job opportunities out there. A Mental Health Specialist is a great "foot-in-the-door" job, but certainly not a life long career. The pay is not really adequate for the work that we do, but overall a great starting job out of college. The culture can be a bit "cliquey", but I have enjoyed my time overall.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Pleasant and safe work environment
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2018
Typical work days are very busy. We do 80 to 120 plus cases on any given day. I am rotated in a different area everyday and sometime scheduled to multiple areas depending on the need.

I've learned to be a team player.

workplace culture is full of all different personality types and races.

The hardest part is not always having the materials you need to do your job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making children feel better.
Pros
love making sick children feel better
Cons
Loose on departmental policies. Would like more structure and consistency
Cchmc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 11, 2018
A good place to work, but they do not pay as well as other hospitals in the Cincinnati area. Working at children’s is a great opportunity and learning experience. They are #2 nationwide for great reasons
Great Place to Work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work. Highly recommended. Fantastic infrastructure. Less scope for growth in the company as a post doctoral fellow. But research facility is one of the best in the nation without any doubt.
Okay place to start
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2018
My position was created for me, and came with no guidance. The Clinical Manager was very pushy, and was in constant conflict with my director. This made for an unhappy workplace
They do great work at Cincinnati Children's
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed the pace, the challenges and the autonomy that my job provided. I was given opportunities to improve practices and work with multiple departments within Cincinnati Children's as well as representatives from outside entities.