Cincinnati Financial Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with Family values
Production Support and User Acceptance Tester (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 28, 2018
I liked working for this company because of the family atmosphere, safe working conditions and extras you get. You are compensated nicely for your hard work. The company tries to keep their employees informed of changes that are happening with the company. They do provide a way to further your education. The company tries to keep up with the times in their technology.
Pros
free Lunches, Free Zoo tickets, Company day at Kings Island
Extremely Conservitive
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2018
The management is only worried about how they look to upper management. They are black and white, to the point where even if upper management doesn't like the manager they play by the rule book to the point they can't be dismissed. This filters down to the associates and makes everyone work very conservative.
Pros
Free parking, steady stock
Cons
Very conservative, Black and White
Good insurance career starting job.
Commercial Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Not having any insurance experience, I really learned a lot about insurance working for Cincinnati Insurance. I was able to understand the coverages as well as the day to day interactions with the company and their agents.
Fast-paced work environment with several different career paths
Underwriting Assistant, Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 14, 2018
Cincinnati Financial Corporation and The Cincinnati Insurance Companies have proven to be successful and were making several changes to hopefully improve even more when I was leaving the company. I worked with a great group of people in my department and I developed friendships with several of them. I did relocate to a different city and there were no current positions in the city I was moving to, or I would have stayed with the company! There are SO many different career paths within the company, so once you get a foot in the door you can see which is best for you. Training and development can help you explore the different career paths if you need the help.
Pros
Large company, good employees, company basketball league
Cons
HR can be a little close-minded, some entry level positions pay little
Great place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2018
Great place to work. I was an intern and they offered to hire me when i graduated. My co-workers helped train me and make sure that i was included in meetings and other functions.
chill work place, laid back
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 19, 2018
I learned a lot working in Data Entry. I learned more things in that field then I learned in school in some areas. Helping people build their credit wasn't that boring. A lot of people work there that I went to school with.
Pros
good food. positive people and vibes
Cons
some days are boring
Productive and conservaive work place
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 18, 2018
conservative work place
Insurance functionality
conservative
very nice to work with this company
very stable environment
casual
reaching by 7.15 AM to work
automation of claims
another boring job
Word Processor/Policy Typist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2018
At first I liked the typing pool but I felt I could do so much more. The boss at the time was fair. I was promoted to a policy typist and I think I might even have been asked to leave. Kind of flying blind at the policy typist job and when I talked to the others doing the same job, it probably got back to somebody I was not on the team. It's been a while.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
didn't know what the heck I was supposed to do
Old School
HIGH NET WORTH UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2018
If your're dedicated to a career in insurance, its a great place. It's a relaxed environment and you get out what you put in. A good company to start a career.
Never work here
Claims Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 14, 2018
At first, I thought this was a great company to work for. About a month after working there, I found out that it is a horrible company to work for. HR does not listen to complaints. Managers are disorganized, unfair, practice favoritism, and have unrealistic expectations of their employees. When I resigned, no one called me for my exit interview. I had to call them 4 times to get an answer, and still there is no exit interview. When I reached out to my manager, she never called me back. This is only one of the issues I have faced with my resignation. I am very disappointed in their unprofessionalism and sheer ignorance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Documentation, Unfair Treatment of Employees
Great place to work at!
Life Policy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2018
It was a fast pace, no nonsense attitude kind of environment. I really didn't think the work that had to be completed everyday was really hard. I learned a lot about myself while working for this company.
Good place to work if you are willing to start at the bottom and stay there...
Policy Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014March 24, 2018
I wouldn't work there again....managers are not trained in managing their people, upper management doesn't know what their employees really do. Commercial lines is the worst department for this.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite
Cons
short breaks
The Best place to work and retire.
Customer Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
The best place to work and retire. Bonus, company day, paid time off, sick day, relaxed environment, great managers and coworkers, clean building, new cube and furniture, great customers, literally the best place to work.
Great people but behind the times
Developer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 27, 2018
The associates at CFC are its main strength. They are team-focused and work well together to accomplish goals. Many have been there for decades and have an excellent understanding of insurance products and systems.

However, the company management and HR have not evolved with the times. They remain ultraconservative and are unwilling to offer associates benefits that are becoming more standard in the industry, such as flexible hours, relaxed dress attire, and remote work. Instead, they are becoming more inflexible with PTO. Rather than tackling problems with individual associates who abuse the system, they have chosen to become more restrictive for all associates.
productive and loving environment
Supervisor asked me to do (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2018
I was only s co op there so i didnt work there as a regularemployee but i did do actual work and interacted with employees there and they really were loving towards me and undestanding.
I really enjoyed working for Cincinnati Insurance.
Gymnastics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014October 10, 2017
It is a wonderful company. I worked there as an intern for the passed three summers in their Meetings and Travel department. My manager was incredible and really helped me grow in the work place.
Great place overall
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Rating and endorsing insurance policies, cancelling policies. Learned about various kinds of insurance and options. Work fairly self directed. Usually enjoyable, sometimes new information not given in timely manor
Pros
Good pay and trust in workers
Cons
Occasional lack of timely information
amazing workplace
Casualty Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2017
The company really takes care of its employees and makes you feel like you are part of a family. I felt very at home and comfortable in my work enviroment.
Cincinnati Financial Corporation
IT TESTER (Current Employee) –  cincinnatiAugust 22, 2017
CFC is a company that was a gateway for me to enter the insurance business. The company is fantastic and my internship was more than great. The people were great and the time spent was fantastic.
Productive place, team playing
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 1, 2017
This company offered great benefits, personal sick days, vacation days. They offered movement up in the company and classes and training to earn certificates. Offered company picnics, ordered in lunch for the whole company for Thanksgiving, gave bonuses, and half days off to go shopping.
Pros
Free cafeteria lunch
Cons
Na