Cincinnati Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Good work/life balance, old school dress code
Personal Lines Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2019
My department really recognizes the need for a work/life balance. I work from home one day a week.

However, the dress code is a bit antiquated. There are no casual Fridays. Men cannot wear polo shirts and women cannot wear capri pants, maxi skirts or anything sleeveless.
newly updated work spaces
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHFebruary 21, 2019
Competitive salaries and shiny new work spaces make this a nice place to work. Everyone of the managers that I have had, has been very supportive of my personal/professional growth. If you can handle the office life, I recommend this company.
Start young
PeopleSoft Developer III (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Start early in your career here. Coming in mid to late career can be tough to adjust to. There are several life timers that have 'always done it that way'
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
deep culture that's not too open to change
N/a
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2018
Nothing to say. I choose no to disclose anything at this time. I do not want to review Cincinnati Insurance Corporation and I will not be forced by you to do so.
Was a family company.
Policy Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 7, 2018
a typical work day was fast paced at times. Was generally left alone to do my job. I had so many different rolls I could not cover them all now.
I enjoyed working at CFC they were fair and understanding.
Cic
CLAIMS RECOVERY SPECIALIST-SALVAGE (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 29, 2018
In my 19 years at CIC I do not feel like they care about their employees. The management does not care about what the employees need. Just what they want.
Very Flexible Schedule- However..
Multiline Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2018
Multi-Line adjusting with very minimal and dated training. Downstream loyalty is non-existent. The work load is heavy at times but balances out if you put in the time. Cincinnati is a great company to work for, short of the lack of loyalty. Training is dated and abysmal, 3 days to learn auto estimating and 4 to learn property, with no example classroom.
Pros
flexibility, mainly left to your own dicipline to get the work done.
Cons
lack of downstream loyalty. Below average wage for Multi-line.
Good stable company
Loss Control Field Director (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 8, 2018
Overall the company is good to work for and provides assistance in much of its focused requirements. The leadership in my department was good but we still had some issues with other departments. I would recommend this company to others.
Productive, Secured, Positive, and Fun
Policy Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cincinnati Financial so much. I like the working hours, the overtime availability, the special, clean, and professional work environment and work ethic of the people working there. The benefits in terms of health, life insurance, stocks and bonds, and bonuses are a great motivation for us to look forward to going to work every day.
Pros
Free lunches, yearly cash and stocks bonuses, discounts on amusement park, zoo, botanical garden, yearly company day at Kings Islands, ...
Best place to work
Field Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJuly 5, 2018
Cincinnati Insurance Company values their employees. The management style is very efficient and supportive to the daily tasks. If you are looking to get into the insurance field, this is the company you want to work for.
Manager was helpful and was good with listening to his workers
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014July 2, 2018
Final processing paper documents that must be clear and viewable in the SAP System. Enjoyed my co-workers, we worked well together and got the job done. Enjoyed our company's panic.
Pros
Free Lunches
Over all a good place to work
Sr. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014June 25, 2018
After training you were on your own. No one looking over your shoulder all the time. Very independent work environment and had a lot of conversations with agents and helped as much as I was able to.
Pros
Able to manage your own workflow
Cons
End of the month closings could be busy
I Quit My Dream Job and Regret it Severely
Paralegal II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2018
This was my golden job and I had to quit to withdraw my retirement for personal family reasons. I miss everyone in the staff counsel office in Cleveland and would go back in a heartbeat. Do not leave this company. They are amazing. Genuine people who care about you and understand life happens sometimes.
Pros - Cons
Field Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 14, 2018
Pros-You get a company car
Cons: case load is unmanageable - Management Supervisors are nothing more than cheerleaders who do exactly what HQ says even if it is incorrect.

Managers go out of there way to make the adjuster look bad in front of agents and insureds.

Truthful, the Supervisors or managers are not well received by the premium paying insureds and agents.

Claims adjusters are much better thought of and should be.
Pros
Free Car
Cons
Too many to List here
boss
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2018
words, words, words, more words & assurances, confidences, recommendations, approvals, acknowledgments, agreement, so on & so forth, its a fine agency
pros
cons
A reasonable place to work
Sr. Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 3, 2018
I worked in NY as a Field Claims Rep. We were able to work from home, all necessary equipment was provided. The technical support is second to no one. The Field Claims Managers are good people, as are your colleagues. Innovation in work activities is coming, but seems slow. The HQ assistance was great. Training was lacking but colleagues were of great assistance. Work load can often become an issue and reaction to it can come slowly. Overall, this is a good place to work.
Pros
As a field claims rep. you work from home.
Cons
Training
Good company but trying to modernize which is NOT a good thing!
Multiline Claims (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 24, 2018
You handle home, auto, and bodily injury claims from your home. They used to realize that multi line adjusting was difficult. They had respect for their adjusters, realized adjusters were the face of the company and met with the customer and agent more than anyone else in the company so you received an appropriate workload but in trying to be like everyone else, they are on a steady pace of increasing both workload and criteria on their adjusters.
It is not the place it used to be and they are beginning to live a lie. Their LONG time customers think it is the same place so they are willing to pay the higher premium for what they think is premium service like the last time they had claim but come claim time, the claim department/ company is NOT what is used to be and unable to deliver as it did before! Agents, customers, and vendors are waking up to and commenting on this fact.
The company used to pride themselves that they were built by word of mouth and reputation and never need to advertise because of their high rate of customer retention which resulted from an excellent claims experience and that others needed to advertise to replace the customers that moved on because they were upset due to their poor claims experience. Guess what Cincinnati started to do last year? ADVERTISE!
Excellent
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2018
Excellent place to work. Great learning experience. Awesome employees, manager and coworkers. Great environment. Friendly staff. More opportunities available.
My first "adult" job in the early to mid 90's
Agecy Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 9, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Cincinnati Insurance Company in my early 20's. I believe I would still be there if my husband had not been relocated back in 1994
slow paste
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 3, 2018
very slow paste place, no benefits, managers are terrible, they don't care about the employees, the parking lot is always full and you have to walk a far area for
Pros
good paying
Cons
slow paste