CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Cincinati public schools work experience
Hays-Porter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45214May 18, 2018
I loved working for pcs I want to go back. I love the students. The pay was great. Benefits awesome! I plan to work here in future. Co workers were great
Outsanding
Discipline Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2018
Cincinnati Public School encourage and provide students with the skills to further their education and pursue the dreams of the future.We have afterschool program that help students with homework , health and. parent centers. Computer on line training is offered to parents to apply for work ,school and parenting tips.
Cooking class are provide to help family live a healthier lifestyle. Money management classes are offer to help save money for the retirement and college. As a whole Cincinnati is committed to improving the lives of the families we serve.
Pros
Free lunch, tutors, sports
Cons
I love working with the children!!!!
Paraprofessional In School Suspension Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2018
I love working with the children!!!! A day in the high school life!!! I also enjoy seeing that each student have it's own uniqueness. I love to serve others!!!
Cincinnati Puclic Schools
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 20, 2018
My job was very enjoyable and rewarding. I worked there for many wears.
My first assignment was at the Morgan School located in lower Mt. Adams. When the preschool closed, I was transferred to Columbian School in Avondale.
Pros
Wonderful working conditions and retirement package
stessful
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2018
Working for the board of ED was exciting at first, as time went on it was clear to me that I was a bobble head,a yes man and I got tired of playing the political game.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
playing the political game
productive
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2018
I swept mopped and kept my area clean and neat dumped trash in classrooms kept bathrooms clean stripped sealed and waxed the hallway floors took care of the gym also
Pros
good job
Cons
parttime
Overall Review
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2018
On a typical day at work can become stressful. I learned that being a teacher it will have it's pros and cons and that stress comes with this line of work. However, the students were a joy to work with.
Pros
Great place to begin the teaching career.
Paraprofessional
Paraprofessional Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2018
Aiding youth in becoming better citizens. Getting students off the Bus.
Helping students with math, reading and study skills. Assisting at recess. Going field trips
Pros
Helping youth
Cons
Pay
Only two good schools
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2018
Get continuing contact fast as you can. Apply even for long term sub to get into a school. Stay out of the teachers lounge and perfect your craft. Get as many ceu’s As possible
Great District to work for
Praprofessional (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2018
Great district. You do not get paid for Holidays and summers. however, great district to learn a lot about the education field. The students are always as the forefront f most decisions.
progressive -yet repressive Urban School District..
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMarch 9, 2018
Worked over fifteen years and found early Leadership, design and growth of district in early 2000's very progressive and promising, yet more recent years leaves somethings to be desired..
Great organization!
Senior Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2018
I am glad to be a part of such a great organization. There is opportunities for advancement and help paying college tuition. It is hard work but it is rewarding knowing that we are helping to enrich the lives of over 36,000 students.
Enjoyed type of work
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 25, 2018
Enjoyed type of work and pay and benefits were good. Had a challenging situation with principal which created an uninviting or environment. Loved the kids and most of the other staff.
Pros
Fun work tasks, good benefits decent pay, schools vacations off (unpaid)
Cons
Hit or miss with managers, summer work not always available
diverse population of people collaborative work enviornment
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 21, 2018
CPS is a good place to get teaching experience. You have the ability to work with a diverse group of people. There are opportunities to advance but it is very fast paced and sometimes there is not a lot of guidance for new people.
Pros
summer off
Cons
top down management
Enjoyable job with pleasant co-workers.
Sr. Accoutning Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Cincinnati Public Schools is a civil service employer. As a white male I am in the minority, My typical day was processing orders and daily deposits. I learned to manage my workload in a timely manner and communicate with staff and management.The job has many deadlines that are to be met each week. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with staff and students.
Pros
There is availability of vacation time, especially in the summer.
Cons
Lack of advancement possibilities.
n/a
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2018
I would not recommend CPS to anybody. Numbers are more important than the children.
The children were loving and great, unfortunately the company has other priorities.
Productive and fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Busy, to do the best job,good,the vision to do the best job. Making sure all task is completed. Servicing making all food items,baking, washing dishes
Pros
Doing good
Cons
Challenging organizational culture - management issues
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2018
The organizational culture does not support advancement for lower level employees unless they have "connections", i.e., are related to/friends with someone in upper management or administration. Nepotism is rampant. Educational/experience requirements for certain administrative positions are not enforced for certain applicants or administrators. For example, one applicant may be required to have a Bachelor's degree or higher, while another applicant will not be based on who they are connected or related to. Policies are in place for protections against harassment/hostile environments but they are not adhered to by HR. On the positive side, employee compensation and benefits are very good. However, the organization is "top heavy" with the majority of compensation being paid to administrators. Several administrators retire only to return a couple of months later, working in their same position. The level of advancement for lower level employees is not very high particularly if they are not "connected".
Pros
Challenging tasks, compensation and benefits
Cons
Nepotism/favoritism, poor management
A great job working with students and watching them grow.
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Monitoring students while in the common areas, assisting teachers with students.
Never to old to learn from children.
Not always consistence in discipline of students.
Team building is very strong.
When administration does not support their security team.
Knowing you were there for the students.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Have to find summer jobs since we work 9 months a year.
Great job security, superfluous politics
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Custodians are over worked year round. Some work harder than others depending on the building you work at. Some good people here but politics are everywhere and the entire system is corrupt. You can move up within the company but only if you kiss enough butt.