Cinemark Employee Reviews

Found 1,686 reviews matching the search See all 2,873 reviews
Very good work environment
Concession Stand Worker (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 15, 2019
A very nice, somewhat relaxed place to work and great management. The hours could be more desirable however as I only get around 10 a week, but I am also attending school.
Pros
Great Management, Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Great job low pay
Movie Theater (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Enjoyed working here for the first 2 years, have gained extensive knowledge in customer service and upselling products. The pay was lower than I was comfortable with.
Productive and relaxed
Consessions (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Good working experience for students. flexible hours and reasonable pay. sometimes it could get hectic especially during opening nights, but the experience is worth it
Long and slow but easy
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTJanuary 13, 2019
I thought it was sort of fun it would be a good first job it would give you some experience with cash registers and handling food I would recommend this job to someone.
Pros
free movies
Cons
I dont know
Poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2019
The management at this workplace is sexist and racist. Unless you personally know the management outside of the workplace they treat you with little to no respect. Extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Discount on concession when working, free tickets to movies for you and one other guest in your party.
Best First Job
Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Would recommend as your first job or just as a side part-time.
Nothing else and nothing more.

Pros
fun
Cons
rush
Great job for a second job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 10, 2019
Great job if you need a second source of income and are willing to work any day or time. Fun atmosphere and good people to work with. Would be better if they kept most of their employees aside from the busy season.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Seasonal
Very poor management
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJanuary 7, 2019
This job asked way too much from its workers for the pay it gave... I worked there for a year and it took me a year to get one evaluation when they’re supposed to be done every 3 months. The management was not very attentive to the staff and often took their precious time to fulfill any task asked of them, which often made it look like the staff’s fault when dealing with customers. They will work you like a slave and expect you to come to work each and every shift with a good attitude. They come up with rules as they go and expect the staff to follow them while management constantly breaks them. Every single time I clocked in it felt like going into a prison with how many “rules” there were. I would NOT suggest anyone to apply for this job because it’s very stressful and the favoritism towards certain employees is ridiculous. Not a good place to work at all! Please don’t let your child work here if they are in school because they will regret it. Also, there is a lot of drama in management that affects the quality of their work. Some of the managers came to work just to prove that they had power rather than actually do their jobs. Everything is horrible!
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Worst Management Ever
Usher (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSJanuary 6, 2019
Management here is terrible. They don't treat employees fairly. Managers seem to punish or praise employees based on personal reasons rather than unbiased professional reasons. You won't get paid enough for the work you do here.
Great for people still in high school but once you’re an adult it’s hard to deal with.
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 6, 2019
I dealt with unfair situations and had a hard time trying to balance my homework with how often I had to work to get a decent pay check to cover the bills I have to pay. It’s fun but can be extremely stressful if you’re a hard worker because you’re taken for granted.
Pros
50% off on concessions while on shift, 2 free movies with unlimited use
Cons
Short breaks, no discounts outside of shifts, low pay, slow work-up to a higher pay per hour
Good First Job
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 6, 2019
fun with some busy moments.
A smile goes a long way.
Some of the Management is great the other half should be looked at or retrained.
The workplace culture is very negative, A lot of drama.
The hardest part of the job is working with management that doesn't do their job.
The best part is working usher on Monday. super chill and easy
Pros
brakes, free movies, 50% off of food on brake.
Cons
short breaks, no fridge in brake room, no discount off work
Productive and fun work place
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 5, 2019
I love working at Cinemark. The environment is friendly and the managers and employees get along with each other. The managers have been trained very properly. The customers are sometimes hard to deal with, but we have been trained to know how to deal with them. Our slogan is to win the customer not the argument. Working at Cinemark has helped me to grow better with my communication skills.
Pros
Good Benefitts, Amazing managers
Cons
Short Breaks, rude customers
Fun place to work
Overnight Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2019
Always learning different ways to resolve situations. Always stay focused on what is best for you..People always will work different way. Management is always there for you...
Pros
Different days you can be more productive
Cons
Business can be slow
Productive and fun work place
Usher (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Cinemark is a fun work place where you can have fun and work with the exceptional managers and co workers. You get free movies if they are not sold out already.
Pros
Free movies off the clock & free popcorn and drinks on the clock
Cons
Never scheduled a full 6 hours and not aloud to have phone on you for emergencies
Great place to work long term
Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 1, 2019
I've never had a problem with cinemark. The management is great, the people are really fun to work with, and it's always something different you see at the movies. Whether its popping popcorn or selling tickets, the guests always give you a great experience.
Pros
Works with school and military schedule.
Cons
Short breaks.
Good place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 29, 2018
The environment was fast-paced on weekends and easy on slow nights. As long as there are enough employees, they are flexible on time off. No major complaints as to when I worked there as a part time employee in high school
Nice company to work for
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 28, 2018
I have worked for Cinemark for 6 years. During my employment, they were very accommodating when I was in college allowing me to work part time. I currently have a full-time job elsewhere and work part-time at Cinemark on the weekends.
Cinemark was a stepping stone for progress
Money Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 28, 2018
Working at Cinemark has thought me lots of values. trained to be very personal to customer and know what they need. we care about customers and always want the best for them, Guest First.
Late hours but with friendly staff
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 26, 2018
I had only worked at the theater for about two months before I left for my first year of college so I was not able to fully immerse myself into the job. With what I did experience there it was usually very busy and constant cleaning was mandatory. There was not much to learn with the kind of customer service I was practicing, it was very basic, but I was able to fine tune my ability to speak with management and customers. The hardest part of working at the establishment was closing, it took many hours to complete every task even with large teams of people working together, this usually always resulted in going home terribly late. The employees were the most enjoyable part of working this job, people were nice and very helpful.
Pros
Free movies and popcorn
Cons
Late hours
It's alright
Consessions (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKDecember 26, 2018
For a part-time job at minimum wage it's alright. Easy enough to get and the people you work with are all movie buffs! Just be prepared to be on your feet the entire time, bending over a lot, and dealing with a lot of people.
Pros
Great Management, Customer Service
Cons
Hard on your back and feet, large crowds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight