Cinemark Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,437 reviews matching the search See all 2,541 reviews
The absolute worst.
Concessionist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 21, 2018
Working at cinemark is like working at a restaurant that seats 2000 people but there's only 6 waiters and almost everynight is extremely busy and every single person that walks through those doors is going to get in YOUR line and complain about the prices, but still pay them. On top of that cinemark corporate considers you disposable and near worthless, managers make almost the same as employees maxing out at about $10/h which is what employees make if they reach the pay ceiling after years of employment.
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Soul sucking, customer service worst nightmare, corporate is awful.
Job Review
Usher/Concessions/Cook (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 20, 2018
This job was very difficult to maintain. About half of the managers were not the easiest to get along with. Settling into this job was also very hard in my opinion.
Pros
30 Minute breaks, 2 free movie passes
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful co-workers
Fun and entertaining place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2018
I'v worked for Cinemark for 9 years and overall the structures, standards, and policies are in tact! They provide a work friendly place to be employed and you are guaranteed free movies weekly; the only problem I had with this company was the pay rate, they don't nearly enough for the amount of work that you are expected to produce on a managers level!
Cinemark
Cashier, Food Prep, Ticket Sales, Usher (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 19, 2018
I would start off in concession, then sell what we had. After the rush I would go clean the theater that was letting out. It's a great job to start out at. You learn all the basics from cash register to Gathering and selling items.
Pros
great managers, great work area
Cons
Don't work with schedule sometimes
It’s nice
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. It’s just the pay is sorta low and the constant standing for up to 11+ hours with the possibility of missing breaks isn’t cool.
Pros
Discounts on work days.
Cons
Short breaks. Standing too long. Low pay.
Fun, easy job, good discounts, free tickets
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 18, 2018
Cinemark was my first job. Got paid minimum wage. You will work mostly nights and sometimes past midnight if you’re closing. You get half off employee discount and two free tickets for movies. Great for someone who loves movies and doesn’t mind working late.
Pros
Discount, free tickets
Cons
Late hours
Fun Environment, but management lacks
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2018
If you love movies this is definitely the place for you, because you get to enjoy movies for free and can bring one additional guest for free also. The only downside is the management isn't the greatest. They can pick favorites.
Cool and busy workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with customers .
Management is good , they have a good amount of young cool managers, which can be very enjoying
Pros
Watch free movies
Cons
No free lunch
Easy job, but management didn't connect with employees
Beaverton - Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 16, 2018
Cinemark was a really easy job. There wasn't much to master, and ever the shift lead position was easy to achieve. Management was the only problem, and pay advancement. The top manager only knew a few employees, such as the shift leads and other managers. Employees who've worked there for over a year still feel as though the top manager doesn't even know their name. People who have been loyal employees that managers rely on to help train new employees are receiving the same pay as new employees.
Pros
free movies, discount concessions, easy job
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, distant management
A fun starter job.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 16, 2018
I had a lot of fun working for Cinemark. The hours were flexible because the hours of operation were so long. You make friends fairly quickly, though cleaning can be a pain. Overall its a good place to work as an employee.
Pros
Free movies, Free popcorn and soda
Cons
Stressful environment
Fun people but stressful work environment
Manager/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 15, 2018
Loved working and training people there but the pay was not worth it. you did twice the work for such a low paying job. the management was also very poor and never organized.
Pros
free movies and discounts on food
Cons
low pay. stressful work.
fun place to work
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 13, 2018
I like working at Cinemark it's a fun place to work and the people there are real cool. I work hard cleaning the theaters and I have a great personality and am friendly with the customers when I work podium.
Pros
free movies and free drinks and popcorn and half off snacks
Cons
the pay could be better
It was chill
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 12, 2018
It was a chill job. I was an usher so we just cleaned the theaters and lobby. Managers were wack thats why i left. And if yall trying to eat roaches then for sure go to the one at the pike. But enjoy luv
Best job!
Concessionist/Usher/Box Office (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 12, 2018
This was the greatest job! Relaxed environment most of the time, cool managers, my co workers became some of my best friends! Was given so many chances to advance and grow within the theater!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
No Cons
Fun enviornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 10, 2018
A decent place to work. some of the best and worst years depending on the management, but ultimately an experience that was worth it. burnt me out on customer service
Fun Workplace
Ambassador/Concessionist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2018
As though Cinemark may be a fun workplace, it is also not a place i see myself working for much longer. Employees are not heard along with not being able to expirience new opinions in the various departments Cinemark provides.
Pros
free movie passes, a 50% discount 30 minutes before and after ones shift
Cons
people are not heard/get ignored, employees don't get paid enough for whats being done for the company
Great company low salary
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 9, 2018
I loved working for cinemark they were great, the people were good and the management was perfect, the reason I decided to leave was because I felt like I wasn’t getting paid good enough to help my family with what they needed
Pros
Good job
Cons
Salary
Very busy and stressful
Concession Worker / Usher (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 7, 2018
Most of the managers were kind, but the general manager is unfair and quite rude. I was working full time hours on part time pay. However, the co-workers are very friendly and i am still close with a few to this day.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Only two days off per month, unfair treatment, unfair pay
needs new management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2018
The customers get away with anything the managers let the customers talk to the employees any type of way and there are no consequences also some managers need to be fired
Pros
50% off food
Cons
short breaks
It’s a very fun and flexible place to work at
Usher/Concessions (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
It was a very fun an great place to work at and I was glad I was giving the opportunity to work there for as long as I did and management there is great
Pros
Fun and flexible environment
Cons
Low Hourly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight