Cinemark Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with great quality services for the guests.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 17, 2017
The guests were very nice and the management fit my expectations. Of course, like any other job, all employees were not 100% engaged when there were no customers- but when there were busy evenings and opening night shows- everyone had their game faces on. If we worked hard enough, we would of course have some leniency on the privileges we had, but no matter what we did, the inventory had to be left alone. Some customers would probably take more of something or waste some of our products, that would cause technical issues that would fall on the staff. My most enjoyable part of the job was the sweeping of popcorn and ushering people to their seats and over all, making bonds as I do my job. The Cinemark Century Theater at this location will always be like family.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Short staffed at times
A friendly working place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
A day at tinseltown depends on how busy you will be that day. If it's a busy day you will be occupied majority of the time. Answering phone calls, selling merchandise, and greeting guests. As you're working throughout the day it's your responsibility to keep the work area clean. The work environment is overall friendly. The most enjoyable part is seeing familiar faces and working in a family environment. I would say the hardest part of the job is just being a able to move at a fast pace for a long period of time during a busy day.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Very stressful and fast paced
Concessions Worker (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 15, 2017
I only worked at Cinemark for over 3 weeks and it was very energy draining. Even on nights that weren't so busy I wouldn't be able to get home and have energy for homework. The people who worked there were amazing! I made some new very good friends, but overall the pay is not worth what is expected of an employee.
Pros
Free movies and discounted concessions
Cons
Fast paced, stressful, not a lot of free time
Balanced work environment with relaxing moments and stressful moments
Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 14, 2017
Cinemark is a great company to work for. Some times work can be slow and sometimes it can be extremely busy depending on what movie is playing. Plenty of room for advancement and you get to watch free movies.
Pretty good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 12, 2017
It wasn’t a bad job for being in high school. Didn’t like the cleaning but that’s me. Management was pretty cool. Really easy going place only stress was when big new movies came out but it still wants that bad
fun
Usher (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXNovember 9, 2017
it was my very first job I started off as concession then moved to usher. developed a lot of friendships and met a lot of new people. its a fun work environment for a starting job.
What I learned
Usher Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 9, 2017
What I learned while working at Cinemark was many life and work skills. I learned how to work in groups and how as a team you can accomplish a task at hand. As well as, how to interact with all different types of people and customers.
fun workplace and atmostphere
Usher Coordinator / Box Office (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at Cinemark were the interactions with the customers and the comradery formed with your fellow peers. Cinemark was a great place to work and the management was very fair and easy to talk to.
Pros
free movies
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 9, 2017
Great first job. People there are nice and the managers are really caring and will to work with you. Very nice inviroment to be in. Easy to get time off.
Pros
Free movies, half off on concessions when working
Stressful when its very busy
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 8, 2017
The workplace is very stressful during the weekends due to the high volume of customers who come to watch movies. Cleaning and closing are expected of all employees.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hourly pay rate
Fun place to work for low pay and mediocre management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 8, 2017
I started working at cinemark when i was 16. I worked there year round. In my second year people who were hired a YEAR after me started out getting paid more
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Minimal raises
hard working
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2017
its fun to work at Cinemark you can watch all the movies for free and you can use your discount for food and merchandise the managers are fun and nice and always there when u need them.
Fast pace fun and enjoyable workplace
Usher-Concessionist-Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 8, 2017
You will either love or hate this place but one thing you will do is work. Cleaning theaters serving customers seeking tickets. Answering every little repetitive question. You will never be bored
Pros
Discounts on concessions when you work
Cons
No enough hrs to go around
Productive place to work
Box Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 7, 2017
The hours may not be good, however you will be able to always find something to work at during your time at Cinemark. It is just a temporary or summer job for new comers to the job industry. Somewhere to get started and earn a little money.
Great first job
LEAD USHER (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 6, 2017
Cinemark is an excellent first job to have however, if your attempting to make money this is a bad place to try. Free movies was one of the biggest perks you do lose it occasionally great place for work expierence though.
Pros
Free movies, disscounted candy and drinks sometimes
Cons
Some managers are too unprofessional
favorite job
Assistant Manager and Official Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GANovember 4, 2017
some of my best memories come from working at cinemark. It is a great company. Although the pay was not very competitive the experience was incredible.
Fun environment
Usher/Concessions (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 2, 2017
Very relaxed environment. The employees were very fun to work with. Quite a bit of down time, except weekends they got busy. Not a stressful environment at all though
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
Short break
Fun, but can be stressful
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 2, 2017
During discount nights and on weekends, it can get really hectic and stressful due to the high demand of customers. The mangers do a great job at helping and don't mind getting their hands dirty as well. Overall though, the management got more strict and doesn't tolerate much. For example, we used to be able to have free movie anyday of the week as it wasn't too busy, but then they changed it to only being able to see movies on Mondays Wednesdays regardless of the situation.

After a while, it was a combination of a lot of new/ strict rules that made this place get annoying, but I did enjoy it for a while. The coworkers make this job tolerable. If it weren't for them I probably would have left earlier.
Pros
Discount concession foods, Best coworkers
Cons
Strict rules, can be stressul
Not enough hours
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 1, 2017
Enjoy working in this environment however I dont recieve enough hours. Like all of the people I work with and it is fairly easy. Can be boring at times in the kitchen support.
Pros
Free movies and half off
Cons
Not enough hours
It's a great place to meet interesting and fun people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 30, 2017
The environment is a great place to work with interesting and fun people. The job does sometimes get crazy busy, especially during the summer and holiday season. The perks of getting to watch movies for free is awesome. The customers for the most part are friendly, however you do get the occasional angry people that is impossible to please. Management is fun to work with and like to make the work go by faster and more enjoyable. They hold competitions and give out prizes. It is a great place for your first job.
Pros
Free movies, discount on concessions when working, benefits for full-time, great people.
Cons
Angry customers every once in a while, fast paced, labor intensive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.