Cinemark Employee Reviews

Found 1,539 reviews matching the search See all 2,679 reviews
Great place to work.
Presentation Manager, Cinemark USA (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Great place to work, competitive pay, lots of opportunities for advancement, good benefits, great environment, great company to work for. Free movies.
Very fast but fun and productive
Staff (Former Employee) –  Jacinto City, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Overall great experience , nice people, great staff, alot of pros when taking this job, never to busy for long just have to be ready, costumers are rarely difficult, but above all 10 out of 10.
Great people to work with
Box Office- Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Beside management, it was a great first job, and had the opportunity to meet really interesting people as well as learn lots of skills to further my work ethic.
Flexible schedule and free movies
Box Office Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2018
Cinemark was a great first job for me. Everyone, for the most part, is friendly and outgoing. The managers will work with you and try really hard to not schedule you outside of your availability. Because a lot of high schoolers work here, there can be a lot of drama but if you steer clear you should be okay. They are undergoing a lot of cool construction to add bars and stuff so that will be nice. If i could’ve been paid more and worked more (school kept me from working quite a few days) I probably would still be employees here.
Pros
Free movies for you and a friend, 50% off food when you work, honors availability, fun atmosphere, good people
Cons
Drama, perks are cool but can be limited depending on what movie and when it came out, customers can act entitled a lot of the time, slow days/times when not as many people get scheduled
Horrible company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 20, 2018
At first when I started I really liked the company even though the job starts out at minimum wage. The longer I was there I found out how awful the general manager was. He treats every one like they are stupid and don't know how to do their job. If he was not there I probably would have stayed and not quit.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Pay and general manager
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 19, 2018
I really dont feel like writing a review. So this is just going to be a bunch of random text put in this box so that it meets the minimum amount of words
Very productive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2018
Working here at Cinemark has many pros and cons. For the most part working in such a fast paced environment may seem challenging for others but it teaches you responsibility.
Pros
free movies, free popcorn
Cons
no paid off days or sick days
Fun but slow and tedious
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Rarely got breaks and the shifts are very long. Management is nice though and accommodating to your schedule and needs on the job. Minimum wage however.
Pros
discounts, management
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Fun but busy
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2018
At any time over 2000 people can walk through our doors on any given hour.

This makes time move faster as there is always something to do, wether in front or behind the scenes
Stressful due to poor team management. Pay does not compensate well.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 17, 2018
At the theater itself, the workplace could be very friendly and fun. However, the cutthroat environment for promotions could create very toxic relationships. Corporate really only cares about employees that are GM or higher. These positions are few and far between so some Assistant Managers will take any means necessary to get there. As an AM, you will be required to manage several departments at once, while simultaneously running the building. Pay is barely above minimum wage for management and corporate has repeatedly shown they have no interest in competing with local wages. Benefits are pretty nice if you wish to take advantage of them. I learned a lot while working for this company. I do not regret working here, but I would not recommend it to others.
Pros
Conc. discounts on break, Free movie passes, Very flexible schedules, Healthcare, Paid Time Off, and 401k benefits for Full Time Employees
Cons
Long, stressful hours with non-competitive pay, Poor team management, Little opportunity to move up, Provided healthcare is not great
The Best Show In Town
Box Office (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Do not trust this employer. Does not keep promises and gives false expectations. Leads the innocent on believing that there is a place for them in this company when there wasn’t to begin with.
Pros
Movies
Cons
Job security
Poor management
Usher & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 15, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked. TERRIBLE management, from the assistant managers who they promote due solely on the fact that they need a new manager and not based on any leadership ability or management skills all the way up to the general manager who tries to ignore things until they just go away on their own... like the majority of the staff does after three months
Pros
Free movies and popcorn
Cons
Literally everything else
Fun and easy to work scheduling isn’t the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTSeptember 15, 2018
Scheduled on days requested off very hard to get the day off even if you’re sick very easy most definitely the best place to work if you’re a teen good with customers
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Don’t have much say in the schedule
Fun work experience
Cashier/ Barista/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 15, 2018
It was a nice 2 years there. Very fast paced, productive, friendly co workers. Great customer service, good hours and okay pay. Managers were a little to strict but some were very nice.
Fast paced
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2018
This is a great place to work at and I really recommend this to someone as a starting off job
It teaches you discipline and how to work fast paced while conversing with the customers
not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I was in high school at the time so I only worked in the evenings or on the weekends. I learned how to multitask and that's about it. My manager was very unprofessional and fired me over the phone because of something that had nothing to do with me.
Great!
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Mangers are friendly, and so are the employees. Definitely worth applying and getting hired to gain experience for the future. Works great with school schedules
Pros
Free movies!
Cons
Younger managers mean high school drama
family
Movie Theater Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 11, 2018
my day at work was very exciting something I look forward to and d empolyess are very kind and helpful which make you feel like family i look forward to working everyday enjoyed
Pros
free pop corn sodas meal discounts freemovies for myself and family
Cons
you have to pay full price for friends
Fun places to work!
Theatre Crew (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 10, 2018
The company had a very collaborative staff. We would work together to clean and provide assistance to all customers. During my experience at cinemark the most enjoyable part was getting to know the crew members and managers. I believe the most hardest part was being able to clean theatre rooms within the deadline, especially when a popular movie came out.
Pros
reduced break meals
Cons
Quick-pased
Easy,fun,relax place to have a job experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Cinemark so far is one of the best experiences I've had because of how calmly fun it is to work there. I was always nervous of how my first job could be stressful,exhausting, and just a bad environment, but working at Cinemark changed my whole point of view!
Pros
easy job
Cons
no overtime pay, no off-day pay, unfair pay, cutting hours, less benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight