Cinemark

Found 2,912 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,402 reviews

Cinemark insights

Based on 1,490 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Good work inviroment

I have been working at the cinemas 28 years and going seen a lot changes in that time. It is fun at times and hard at the same time. There are issues that need to be addressed but overall it has its moments.

Its okay

If you're a teen looking for cash, it's not bad. They don't really train very well, but it's not super hard to learn. Some managers are really helpful, and some just aren't and could be very condescending. So your day will depend on who is scheduled. The pay is $12, so not terrible, but also not great. Again, though, if you're still in high school, that'll probably be a lot of money for you. College? Not so much. They really only give you a few days a week, too. Customers are also the worst here. You would think when you go see a movie that you would know what movie you want to see, and at least have an idea of the snacks you want. Why are you ordering pizza and hotdogs at a movie theater? And why did we even sell them? Get popcorn and an icee like every normal human should. A bunch of old people who don't know how to do anything in life but complain and who will yell at you because they have to figure out how to press a button on a screen to choose their seats. So, if you can deal with that, go ahead and apply.

The benefits are great! Management not so much

It’s a good starting job with the pay and benefits. The tasks for your day to day are easy to learn and get down. Great job but no professionalism when it comes to the management at this particular cinemark.

Under paid cleaning crew

Was pie 7.50 with a chance of 25 cent raise every 6 months which is insane. Some of management was nice but others weren’t. Forced to clock out in order to go on break.

Pros

Free movies

Cons

Very little pay

Horrible worst job ever

Long hours, low pay. High risk to be in danger, nasty customers young people calling out of work all the time. Managers lazy gm never at work and only 50 %off while working

Pros

Free movies

Cons

No breaks, low pay, got take a test to advance

good people

nice and caring crew who actually want you to do ur best and succeed. this was my first job ever and it was a great experience . just keep in mind there r mean guests that come in and have attitude and will pass it on to u as well, but dont pay it any attention.

Fast passed and energy intensive

It’s a good place if you need a part time job. Weekends can be really good, but other than that the tips can be a little slim. It’s not for everyone but it can be a lot of fun when you know what you’re doing. Getting to that point is a long process though.

Excellent work culture, I would recommend anyone

This job was very fun because I made life-long friends and couldn't have imagined working at a better place. The work culture was 100/10, I actually loved going to work, and it felt like a family. The only bad thing is the pay was the absolute worst and the manager was a nightmare, luckily, she is not there anymore. You and a plus 1 can get discounts on food and tickets. The work is not hard at all and very chill most of the time.

Management was very unprofessional

Working here sucked!! Managers don't know how to keep work and life separate, there were many times where I was being reprimanded for something that had happened outside of work. Sometimes I wasn't even allowed to talk to my co-workers.

Good place to get your feet wet

Love Cinemark as a company. All my coworkers are great and it's a pretty low stress job depending on the location you work at. You can gain a large variety of experience by moving up to Assistant Manager. But unless you want to become a General Manager or move to Texas to work at the corporate office, there really aren't many opportunities to grow.

Pros

Free movies, half off concessions, love the people I work with

Cons

Long hours during the holidays, not many opportunities to grow within the company

Company Needs Structural Changes

I really really loved working for Cinemark in Kirkland. I felt that I was really doing something great for the community and advanced relatively quickly because of my intention to serve the community.Unfortunately, there are dishonest people in this workplace who won’t bat an eye at seeing to it that you lose a seat at the table here if they feel that you’re a threat to them somehow.Cinemark uses a reporting system called Convercent that anyone can report on any time in regards to an issue for which one feels management will not address properly.Unfortunately, anyone can make any kind of claim about you and have it taken seriously. This is a problem because such claims are issued to an HR department in another state and management has to investigate these claims. If someone repeatedly says the same thing about you on Convercent it will become career ending.

Great for part-time

Management and co-workers are patient and overlook any questions I had. Simple point-of-sale system, but can break down here and there. There's a variety of co-workers, all ages (college and high school students).

Flexible Hours, but the work is disorganized

Cinemark is okay. It’s a great job if you’re in highs hook and college and need really flexible hours. However, the job is very disorganized, and there is a stark disconnect between upper management and those working on the ground floor.

Alright

Management could be more accommodating, plays favorites. Pretty simple work, concession sucks when there’s a rush. If you’re trained in all 3 positions (usher, box, concession) you’re going to be mostly placed concession and will probably hate it because the rushes get out of hand.

Enjoyable Work Environment with Room to Grow

Working for Cinemark was a great experience because they offered the ability to grow within the company once you meet the required experience. The work environment was great and I enjoyed working with other co-workers. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Wages could have been more competitive and negotiable.

Learned Alot

Basic movie duties include cleaning, guest services, preparing concessions food. They either cross train you or dont. Dont trust people easily here, some of them live for drama.

Mixed experiences

When I first started, I was excited about learning new things in a different industry. The more I got to know half the managers I started dreading coming towork. Since I had the least experience I was not taken seriously and simple HR issues that I brought up became unnecessary arguments. It's a good place to get basic management experience in and leave but if you want to be successful/advance then keep your mouth shut. Unless you have the right look/appearance (preferably untanned) and/or you have a cookie cutter personality. Many companies don't value honesty like they claim.

Good place to work for the younger crowd

Lots of younger kids usually working. Lots of people working at a time, everyone's pretty relaxed with one another. High turnover rate cause, ya know, kids....lots of different positions which is nice so it keeps your job interesting. As long as you do your job it's easy. Either you'll sell tickets, popcorn, or sweep up the popcorn

Good starting job

I worked at this job for two years. The coworkers and managers I have met are some of the best people. I still hang out with them even after quitting. It’s a good job if you’re still in school and want some pocket change. The customers can be rough, and upper management can be mean. I left because I graduated and the money wasn’t worth it anymore.

Pros

Good friends hand good pocket change

Cons

No promotions, don’t get paid a living wage

It'd aight

General manager was the worst part of the job, would get aggressive and angry at nothing important and just made the work environment worse for everyone. Although hours were fine, $7.25 is still not enough, but my experienced was carried by my coworkers and awesome assistant managers.

pretty good for a high school job

co workers were nice and there was a good community when I worked there, management was very helpful and would facilitate any negative customer interactions.

Common questions about Cinemark

Answered by current and former employees at Cinemark

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight