Cinemark Employee Reviews

Found 1,628 reviews matching the search See all 2,787 reviews
Very productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2018
Cinemark is a pretty cool place to work to work when you are young and just starting out , as you get older and find other opportunities it’s a nice side job
good to work for a starter job
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 8, 2018
ive worked there to march 2018-September 2018 the you get alot of benefits like free drinks free popcorn and good community my only downer side is depending on your time on the day you may only to work 2 day a week on 5 hours a day but for people who are looking for jobs to start with like at high school or in special living situations then it the best i could go for
Pros
flexible schedule good workers and great benifents
Cons
low hours less then 20 hours and low pay
liked working there but
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2018
Was bullied by more then one manager and employee. Will not go into details but my vehicle was damaged. due to the companies policy I was parked not in view of any camera. I had to pay out of pocket to repair my vehicle. I was not reimbursed at all . The are very lax on all there rules / policies at least when I worked they were. Unless corporate people are in the building they do not enforce cell phone or any of there policies really. People have just wondered off completely mid shift and they managers don't seem to really care. I have had to work alone because my co worker went off and watched a movie mid shift before other times they went into the bathroom to talk on the phone for 30-45 mins. The manager stops by maybe once every 3 hours or so depending on who it is. No one really takes that department seriously . Some days I would have maybe one customer all day during the day anyway.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no overtime pay, no security
I do not recommend working at Cinemark 231
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 5, 2018
The GM at this Plano Location only cares for himself and always promotes unqualified and high school kids to become managers. They do all the work for him.
Fun workplace with diverse people
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
Great place to work if you have friendly staff and managers. Starts at minimum wage, which sucks. Free movies and the only discount you have on food is while you’re on the clock.
Pros
free movies, very flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, some mean management
Fun but poor management
Usher (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTNovember 4, 2018
It is a fun place to work if you aren't looking for much pay and you like movies. The work conditions aren't the best though. There are multiple managers, and some of them are terrible.
Pros
Chillin
Cons
Ugh
Fun place to work but can deal with mean people
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 3, 2018
Good first job to have, not super serious because it was just a movie theatre but you got good experience dealing with money and all kinds of people as well as working with team members who might be very helpful or not at all.
Bullcrap
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 2, 2018
This job isn’t a job you shouldn’t work at unless you want to be treated like a mule or deal with rude customer mix with horrible management. I would highly recommend trying a different place
poor management but very fun with co-workers
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 1, 2018
We will always lose benefits that will last between a week or two, the other workers are fun, managers never practice what they preach and can make you look bad in front of customers.
Pros
fun environment with coworkers
Cons
always losing benefits, poor management
Fun exciting place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILOctober 31, 2018
One of my favorite jobs that I have ever had. If I could it would still be a place that I would like to be. Late hours made it easy to work around my (very odd) schedule at the time. Definitely a fun work environment with people that all loved where they were and got along. Learned lots of new things about the movie industry.
Pros
Free popcorn and drinks and two tickets to every show.
Cons
Cleaning after really messy people in the theaters.
It looks better on the outside.
Usher and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 31, 2018
Prior to my interview i was very excited to be employed with Cinemark. However my experience shortly afterwards was contradicting, I was greeted by mostly high school students who loved to spread drama, and barely do any work.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Drama, poor management, harassment, low hours
Great place to work on customer service techniques and selling techniques
Asssistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 30, 2018
Overall it was a good place to work. A lot of gossip by the upper management. Deflection of blame was fairly common. The employees were great when with specific managers. Many times felt people was left doing other peoples work and would get scolded for not being able to finish other tasks. Interacting with guests and brightening their days was my favorite part.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Management and High School drama
Fun at times, but only for a bit
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 29, 2018
The tasks were not too strenuous, except during rushes or busy days. It can be fun at times, but only for a bit. The management was terrible. You get talked at not to.
Pros
50% Off all items when on shift. Decent Pay
Cons
Terrible Management.
A place to make friends and gain experience.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 28, 2018
Cinemark at Frisco square is an amazing place to learn early job skills and how to handle yourself in a work environment that is always changing day to day. One day my be very slow and long, another day could be very fast and packed with people. You learn how to handle both situations.
Pros
Free movies everyday, guest passes, etc...
Cons
Favouritism in older employees
Great workplace for high schoolers but not so much anyone else
usher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 26, 2018
I worked here for a little over a year. I started my senior year and it was the perfect job at the time and I definitely made some good friends there. However, a few months in it started going south and the management was terrible and hated their jobs which rubbed off on everyone else. They also loved to play favorites, seemingly with people who never did their job. The pay isn’t good at all if you have any responsibilities whatsoever to pay for. Hours depended on the movies that were coming out or the season, so if it was around january we’d only get around 20 hrs at most. So combining that plus working at a minimum wage job you’d barely make $100 in a paycheck. Raises were terrible too, you barely made $8/hr if you worked there for 2 years even if you were a great employee. The GM at the time was terrible, never praised us only complained about every little thing we did wrong. However, after I left they got a new, younger manager and he seems to turned it around and even paid restaurant a decent pay. Overall, it’s a good temporary job for high schoolers with no responsibilities yet. Other than that I’d just stay away from here.
Pros
Highly flexible hours, easy job, easy to make friends
Cons
Poor management, low pay and hours, treated unfairly
ok place to work
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 25, 2018
good middle mgt. upper management not so much typical lots of work not much incentive to advance from a location manager. They are very top heavy in their home office
Slow but comfortable work place
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKOctober 25, 2018
Slow, you do everything the management asks you to and you'll be fine. A dog could do this job easily; most management is lazy but the popcorn tastes good.
benefits
Cons
no paid time off, lazy management
Pretty Good Job
Concession Worker/Box Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 24, 2018
When I started off at this job, the people that I worked with weren't very nice and treated me like I shouldn't be there. However, once those people were either fired or quit, very fun-loving and caring people joined. You start off at minimum wage and the raises you do get, if you stay long enough, aren't very much (my first raise was 10 cents). All employees are required to go to a company meeting one morning every couple months or so that updated us on the company and was also a way to introduce all the staff. I worked in concessions for 2 years then I was moved to Studio then Box Office and I thought it was an okay job to have while finishing High School and starting College.
Pros
Coworkers and Managerial Staff, Flexible scheduling, Free Movies
Cons
Coworkers as well, Customers, Only one work shirt to use
Working for Cinemark varies widely from building to building or more specifically General Manager to General Manager.
Cash Manager/ Box Office Department Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 24, 2018

Some General Managers provide an exceptional environment to be a part of. Some General Managers are rather hands-off, creating buildings that are not only dysfunctional but, at times, hectic and stressful.

The overall compay atmosphere is one that focuses on providing a differentated experience for the customer and they give the employees and assistant managers the ability to do that.

However, the compensation is minimal. Labor costs are a highly controlled.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Free Movies
Cons
Low Wages, Unpredictable and Inconsistent Building Culture
Fun and energetic place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 23, 2018
I worked there for 3 years. Best job i’ve ever had. Only reason I left is because I am moving and I would love to try a new career opportunity. Love the flexibility.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free movies, concession discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cinemark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight