Cinemark
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

Cinemark Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
I have been working at the cinemas 28 years and going seen a lot changes in that time. It is fun at times and hard at the same time. There are issues that need to be addressed but overall it has its moments.
Managers are very helpful. They're flexible with your schedule. The environment's great especially for someone starting out. Would recommend to all movie buffs!
Pros
Free movies, 50% off concessions
Cons
Pay
OverallWhen i just started the manager that was their left and we got a new one so for a couple months everything was alittle crazy but agter awhile it all started to go smooth only thing that was bothering was that sometimes we were alittle under staffed
I only worked there for the summer, but it was a good environment and gave me a lot of flexibility in hours and work days. Other staff members and management were friendly and easy to work for.
the job was alright, management was rude but maybe somethings had changed over time. was an easy job depending on what you were hired for. coworker seemed nice.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The hours a flexible and the environment can be fun and stressful at the same time but the people around you make it easy to work there. Also the managers there are nice
The overall quality of the company is mediocre. The work is more often than not reliable, if repetative. You have a sense of what to expect even on the busier days. Hours are fairly flexible and they have been very accommodating with my numerous health problems. With that being said; Management at this location has been a revolving door since the new general manager was brought on a few years ago, having begun with an exodus of the main core of long time managers leaving. The new general manager boader line obsesses over minor problems while largely ignoring the more important ones. Such as the location being understaffed. There is little room for any job advertisement unless you were going for manager. They have no healthcare coverage or any full time jobs unless there are special circumstances.
The management is the worst and they don't care about the employees. The shifts are long and brutal, especially on opening weekends. I was constantly being yelled at no matter how hard I worked. And one of the managers changed my time card.
If you are looking for a job to start off with, its a pretty good one. You gain a lot of general experience in understanding retail and can learn how to handle equipment
A typical day is usually slow with some pick up in customer interaction. The managers are always ready to help and answer any questions that you may have. When it is busy, you are expected to communicate adequately with staff and managers to ensure that the customers are promptly helped. Hardest part of the job - Trying to stay busy during the slower parts of the day. After cleaning and stocking, you still need to stay busy. I typically finished my department and moved to help another department to keep myself busy. Most enjoyable part of the job - Working with fellow staff members and management. Everybody is friendly and willing to work together to accomplish task.
Pros
free movies, discounted snacks, occasionally get to prescreen a movie
Cons
frustrating sometimes to get shifts covered
Been working for around 1-2 years & have had a good time working at the cinema. The people I've worked with was rocky at first, but in short amount of time they became great people to work with. The work environment is mostly a challenge during summer movies or big blockbuster showing, then slows down to normal work pace. Its sad that the people working here come & go quickly; but that is because its mostly young people that apply to cinema, then they move off to college or somewhere else.
The company had a very collaborative staff. We would work together to clean and provide assistance to all customers. During my experience at cinemark the most enjoyable part was getting to know the crew members and managers. I believe the most hardest part was being able to clean theatre rooms within the deadline, especially when a popular movie came out.
Pros
reduced break meals
Cons
Quick-pased
You're expected to work hard during new movie releases, but in between movies, the job is a fairly relaxed one with pleasant coworkers and management.
Pros
Relaxed, Well Managed
The job is very slow paced but does offer jobs form beginner to more professional adults. You do learn to operate a cash register which is quite vital in many workplaces.
Pros
flexible hours and free movies
Cons
no avancedment
Is a fast-pace job with a lot of opportunities for advancement. It's a ton of fun over the summer and the benefits are pretty cool when it comes to finding some fun activities to do over the summer. Can be kind of stressful, but not too bad