Cinepolis USA Employee Reviews

Not worth the stress
Server (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 21, 2019
The workload is spread so thin among the employees that the low-percentage tips (which you split with your server team) is just not worth it. The average wait for food in the theaters is 20+ minutes on an average day. There is hardly any communication between server teams and the kitchen. And management does such a poor job of balancing guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction that both regular guests and employees stop coming after awhile. In fact, during my time here, I often had to go look for managers, who I usually found on the computer in the office during rushes. All of this is reflected in your tips at the end of the night. Further, given the setting and the team organization, you could easily earn all the tips for team members who ride on your hard work because you have to split your tips.
There is little to no accountability: servers, concessions, and runners often don't show up for work, and are not punished until the very last straw. When write-ups are given out, they are for trivial matters such as uniform violations.
It should be mentioned also that there are only six theaters built to accommodate servers; the rest are traditional theaters, and these theaters collect most of the ticket sales. With this in mind, daytime shifts are usually slow and unprofitable. On days when they aren't slow, there is often only one or two servers and no runners, meaning that servers struggle to accommodate guests. The distance between the expo line and the theaters certainly exacerbates this issue.
The only redeeming factor about this restaurant is the bar. The seasonal
  more... cocktails are nothing short of impressive, and much of your sales will likely be from bar sales. However, you have to tip out 7% of your bar sales (including bottle sales, which you open for and present to the guest). Further, if you aren't an attractive female, forget about getting promoted: all of the bartenders are attractive females, except the bar manager. I personally was passed up for promotion over a less qualified girl, who was shortly fired after she was promoted.
Given all of the above, it should be clear to anyone that this restaurant really doesn't have anything valuable to offer servers for their hardwork. As such, quality of service is so far down that I'm surprised this place still has employees (let alone that it stays open at all).
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Poor management/organization, no teamwork, no hope for advancement
Fun place to work
Floor Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJFebruary 11, 2019
Cinepolis is a good start up job, fun to work and an overall easy job. Managers are chill just do your job. Good place for work experience and customer skills
Pros
Good with time off
Cons
Minimum wage
Bad Work Ethic
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJanuary 7, 2019
This place provides you with no tools to help advance you in your job or even do your job correctly.

Management is terrible
Workers are sometimes decent, except when hiring bad workers
Customers are irate typically
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Management, write-ups, people
Cool workplace but too much envy.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 10, 2018
They are haters. Theater managers are bitter because they have been in the movie business for years, offered promotions and declined them, yet hate on the guy that takes the opportunity
fun
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 14, 2018
We are able to balance keeping work done and having fun at work. The management is excellent and the job is fun for a first job. We typically just keep the building looking good while also keeping the customers happy.
its ok
Server (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 28, 2018
its ok management needs a lot of work
employees run it better than magement very independent job never have the tools you need more of a boss then leaders
Fun and Family Oriented Job, Needs to Understand US Business
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Love the place, love the people and its culture.

I do wish pay was more competitive and that the "growth" they preach so often would be a real thing.
Field employees need to be heard and taken in consideration when making decisions.
Management was rough and started going down the drain, had alot of restrictions and was hard to even smile at work. It felt like a prison
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
The job was fun in the beginning but over the months started to turn into a prison, management was terrible and didnt care about employees hours. Alot of drama created by certain managers and even target employess to purposely get them fired.
Pros
Free movies weekdays
Cons
No free movies weekends
bad place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 11, 2018
terrible enviornment to work in, the management is very manipulative and rude to is employees, threatened to fire you if you called off once, I called off to be with my dying father and they threatened to terminate me, bad
stressful, understaffed
Concessions Worker (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJune 11, 2018
When I first started we had a great manager that actually cared about their employees, once he left we got a new manager that does not resolve any problems or cares about their employees. This place has lots of favorites and to save hours they send us home 2-3 hours into our shifts sometimes it gets busy right after and some managers do not help when they see that it is busy. Some managers are immature and talk behind peoples backs. The fellow are what co-workers kept me working there.
Pros
good discounts, fun co-workers
Cons
short breaks, bad management, favorites, understaffed
It wasnt bad to start out with but the only thing that kept me there were the cool employees
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 9, 2018
They seemed good when I first got there but then I realized the don't really care about employees very much and the only thing that kept me there was my fellow coworkers.
Day At Work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
There are busy day and there are quits days. Comunication is very important. some place lack the skill to speak to one an another. I love meeting new people and Meet all types of charecters.
bad management
Concessions Cashier/ticket sales/food running (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 5, 2018
the management is not good and neither is the pay, good for highs coolers who need job, no advancement, no one does their job, can be fun sometimes since their a lot of people from your school.
Pros
discounts and free movie tickets
Cons
management and staff
This is a great an friendly environment to work in!
Ast km /service manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLApril 2, 2018
In cinemas great things always comes to life !! The people there are very friendly and the food is great they also have a full kitchen and bar ! Great customer service skill from all of the servers and runner I’m glad to have been apart of such a great company
Pros
Free popcorn an movies
Cons
Full benefits
Fast Paced Job
Cinepolis Team Member (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 17, 2018
If you are working as part of the clean up crew, the job can be either very faced-paced or it can be super slow, depending on the movie schedule that day. Overall a very fun job to work.
Pros
Free movies, tips
Cons
Relatively low hours
Diverse working environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 14, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new guest from all walks of life. Bringing smiles to each of my guest. Ensuring all of my guest are comfortable and enjoy their time here with us so much that they return.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Don't have time to watch all the Free Movies
Terrible work culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 7, 2018
Hours are long during the weekend and on holidays. Hard work and innovative ideas are not appreciated or even considered. Staff is underpaid for the work that they are expected to do and for the hours that they put in. The management team has little to no training, which is a reflection on the company and not the managers themselves. Training materials are not provided (we had to make our own). A lot is asked of the managers, which is fine. But negativity is rampant and the work culture is terrible. The corporate office cares only about the bottom line, and they don't care how short staffed they have to make theaters to achieve it. I hope that one day this company realizes that the reason there is such a high turn over rate is because of the lack or organization and common knowledge that the corporate office provides. The best part of the job was the free movies and the 50% off food during your shift. The hardest part was having to explain to your guests why the stains on the carpets were still there a year later, or why the recliners were still broken.
Pros
Free movies, 50 percent off food
Cons
Long hours, poor leadership, poor salary
A place where advancement is nearly impossible
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
Working at this job ( If your lucky enough to work your entire shift) is very stressful. Most of the staff and managers don't know what they're doing.
Pros
Free movie tickets (with a catch)
Cons
You get written up for just breathing and existing
Varying traffic and busy weekends
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 29, 2017
There isn't a whole lot to say about my time working with Cinepolis, but that isn't a bad thing. I rarely had any problems with my managers, and all of my coworkers were friendly and welcoming toward newcomers.
It was incredibly flexible so far as scheduling went, though it did seem we were notified of our hours relatively last minute on a frequent basis, often receiving them only a day before the work week actually began. That concern can be offset with the ability to trade and release shifts online among the other staff. If you know you have plans at least a month ahead, you could also request that time off.
It did seem like many of the shift leads had been working a long time, one of my friendlier coworkers had even been there for over a decade and was still holding the same title as me. I imagine there isn't a whole lot of room to move up the ladder in a movie theater, though, so that can be understood.
I have very little negative to say about the experience, and it was amazingly practical as my first job. I learned many skills which will help me find work in the future, and it was generally a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Discounts on concessions, free movie viewing
Cons
Unreliable breaks, abrupt scheduling
Relaxing environment
Concession Worker/usher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2017
Very nice working environment, management cares for their employees and is very respectful towards schedule. Working there with the staff felt like working with family.