Cintas Employee Reviews

Low Training and overworked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 21, 2017
Their training system is old and they are permanently short-handed. This gets the supervisors overworked. 12 to 14 hour days were normal and it seems that there is always a shortage of products.
Productive work enviroment very competitive
Sales Representative/Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2017
This was my first job out of school and i didnt have anything to compare it too. I learned alot of improtant lessons about the corporate work enviroment and appreate everything i learned from cintas . I still use the Sales and management trainning and attention to details tools from 10 years ago.
Pros
First Job .Corporate Culture
Cons
Work life balance
Work Hard and you will be rewarded
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 20, 2017
Managed a team of outside sales reps, account managers and inside sales reps (8-12 employees).

Responsible for all new business development and sales hiring in my district

Trained new and existing sales representatives conducted weekly sales training.

Approved sales monthly expenditures.

Supported the sales team in closing contracts.
Pros
Commission is uncapped so you determine what you get paid.
Cons
Company Sold off the document management side of services.
productive work place
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 17, 2017
i enjoyed my time at cintas i have nothing bad to say about the company. They take care of their employees , located in great locations for easily moving state to state.
Awful place to work and awful management to work for
Office Clerical (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 16, 2017
It was complete waste of time for me because the management team didn't care about anyone but themselves. Awful work conditions such as putting too much work load on one person to do. And it was just overall stressful. If I could give it no stars I would.
Cintas
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 15, 2017
Pretty stable relaxed environment none stressfull employes easy to work with very excellent training and saftey was outstanding always had meetings with managers to ensure the whole crew is on same page and always addressed any concerns team members may have had
Pros
great hours
Cons
company was sold
Fine if you are in sales
Uniform Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 14, 2017
Sales get all the good stuff all support or manual labor jobs are under valued. very culture centric. My particular position was on site at a hotel managing various accounts so it was a different animal than corp. positions.
Pros
big company with lots of options
Cons
if you don't want to work in sales you will be under valued
Great B2B Sales Company
Market Development Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RINovember 13, 2017
Great management and support. I joined Cintas to get a good Fortune 500 sales foundation as an eventual stepping stone into medical devices and had a great experience here.
Great culture
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 13, 2017
Cintas has a great culture. Making sure workload is spread out for all locations is the challenge. I love working here but change management at all locations is not always the key which is a problem.
Benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2017
The worst company I ever work for. CoWorker was very rude, uneducated, and unprofessional. Management has sociopathic tendencies they are very superficial, untruthful and insincerity.
Pros
Cons
Management need to go back to school for training
Document management division
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 11, 2017
I did the work of 5 linebackers. I had 5 supervisors. No changes in routing no matter the request.
Micromanaged via nextel.
Military style management.
Most of us were told to find other jobs from our physicians' observations of our health.
Broke a bone, told to keep working. Kept working as manager requested instead of staying home and extended/delayed recovery. Created need for extensive surgery and time off.
Pros
Huge shoulders from lifting paper sacks
Cons
extreme exhaustion.
Pros and Cons to every employer
Billing & Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 11, 2017
For the position of billing and collections specialist there is enough challenge to keep from getting bored and the management is really nice and supportive. It sounds like a good trait and mostly it is except that they keep on employees who do not pull their own weight for too long because they are too nice.
The cons of the job is that the hourly pay seems really low for all the work that is expected of the group which is probably part of the reason there is such high turnover. The turnover then adds a great deal of stress to those who have been around for a while.
fast pace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 11, 2017
good company and many benefits. great training program if you want to advance in your career just need to be ready to relocate. Good communication from the corporate office.
very stressful
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 11, 2017
Expected to post payments as quickly as possible. More than 6 errors resulted in write-up. Poor management identified specifically in mandatory overtime.
Pros
became proficient in sap
Cons
very stressful
Productive Environment and Challenging Job
First Aid & Safety Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2017
My day would usually start at 4am to prepare myself for servicing my customers and to organize my route. Manage van and to begin servicing customers. My route consist of 194 customers whom are businesses and corporations. I arrive on site, meet the decision maker and convey that I am there to service their first aid cabinets, supply safety products or to implement a training program for their employees. After reviewing their cabinets and site for products, I manage, organize cabinets and supply area, place orders, suggest products and upgrade and fill orders on the spot.

We are responsible to offer products to customers as far as safety products to include gloves, safety vest, hats, uniforms, AED devices, Eye Washe stations and over 2000 items to meet the needs of our customers.

I am responsible for collecting unpaid invoices for customers whenever necessary and to grow my accounts by introducing to new prospects about our current service offerings and the benefit of doing business with us.

I am responsible to maintaining, ordering, inventory and in keeping my company van in top shape as it is my advertising for the company.

The job is very fast paced with a lot of responsibilities.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Over kill on meetings
Stressful work place
Account Manager of Recurring Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2017
Cintas is a good company but Management still has an old school mentality. Their culture is very old fashioned. No work life balance here. Management does not care about you. Everyone is replaceable and you are treated that way.
Not for me
Garment Processor (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PANovember 10, 2017
Stood in one place for 10 hours per day (mandatory OT almost every day), worked with women who had a high school mentality/drama. Wasn't the place for me.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Alot of mandatory overtime, terrible coworkers
Cintas has good benefits and good people work there.
Route Salesman (Current Employee) –  Stedman, NCNovember 10, 2017
Overall Cintas is a good company to work for. While some things could improve within the company, it has a good working environment and they focus on customer service and safety. The people you work with and the people you meet on your route makes the day enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is getting customer renewals which affect bonuses. Some routes have difficulty meeting this requirement, while other routes do very well with renewals.
Pros
There is a 4 day work week.
Cons
Pay could be better.
great place to start in sales
Facility Services Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
Cintas is a very strong B2B sales job. You can make a career at Cintas or use it as a strong stepping stone towards your long term goals. Recruiters and employers love to see Cintas on your work history.
Pros
work environment
Cons
weak compensation
low pay for the work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALNovember 9, 2017
Not much pay for all the work they put on you! don't expect any big raise. about 25 cents annual raise if you hit the top tier.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.