Cintas Employee Reviews

Found 2,359 reviews matching the search See all 2,496 reviews
productive fast paced work environment
Route Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHAugust 13, 2018
fun, independent workplace, 4 day work weeks are great but those days can be long. overall the benefits are nice, and there is plenty of room for upward growth
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
long days
Good benefits but mediocre management
Fire Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 13, 2018
Management does not really care about anything but themselves. In large part they are an unnecessary burden to everyone in the division. Most management seems to think that micromanaging everyone is the answer. Despite the employee handbook stating Cintas is a family company and calling everyone partners they miss the mark on that. They often put profits in front of good people and tell you its the way everyone at Cintas is doing it even if its not the most productive for the employees.

Overall, you will make money if you are there long enough and work hard enough.

Be smart and invest in Cintas Stock, it has gone through the roof in the last 5 years. Dont trust management, and if you can put up with the corporate BS you might do ok.

Hope this was helpful
Pros
Good benefits Health Insurance from day 1 but when you leave they take it away the same day.
Cons
management attitude and corporate bureaucracy.
Long working days
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 13, 2018
Work/Life balance was very poor. On an average week I would typically work 58 to 60 hours a week. Trying to have a life outside of work was tough throughout the week.
Good pay.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIAugust 12, 2018
It was a pretty good job, all in all. Heavy lifting, not a 4-day work week like they say in ad. I am older, and found it to be too physically demanding.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Misleading about work week being four days.
team driven, goal focused.
Heavy Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2018
moderate to fast paced work environment. every employee has to perform their tasks in order for goal accomplishment.
family structured, wage is in compliance with wage scale.
Pros
steady employment
the job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDAugust 11, 2018
great company, there are opportunities to grow. The workplace culture is really great. You get to meet a lot of great people, people that will help you get to where you wanna be.
Lack management skill
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2018
Bad management, the cultures was good, there was not Drama
customer was good but you have to keep them happy because they management will no get the job done and as you route you are responsible for the well-being of your route, check are inconstantly
your are responsible if customer doesn't want to pay they bill or they go out business its comes out of paycheck because your are paid commission + Base pay

like I always say Cintas it was for me after 3 yrs but that doesn't mean I could not be for you
Pros
they focus on Safety its really good I learned a lot
Cons
No AC on most truck, poor management
productive workplace
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 9, 2018
working in a not so clean environment when it comes to picking up dirty materials and replacing with clean materials. Be prepared to work overtime if needed. Traveling is included with this job.
Enjoyable job and culture
Deep Clean Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 8, 2018
Lots to do and never a time to sit still but the best one to have. People are nice to work with and help out needed. upper management creates fun times to build up the culture and spirit of the company.
Neutral
Office (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 8, 2018
Worked at multiple locations & have in 10+ years. Management takes on their own perception of company policies & procedures in such a way that benefits themselves. Even the different locations perceive the policy and procedure and enforce them as they see fit. Ever heard the term "Too many chiefs, not enough Indians"? That's Cintas.
Pros
Healthcare Plan is good
Cons
Little appreciation; Sub-par training; Office hours are not flexible;
Na
Route Service Sales Rep (RSSR) (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 7, 2018
Nothing to report at this time, however felt the position was a stepping stone to other career paths that require experience provided by Cintas. The safety of the driving vehicles could use improvement
Pros
Na
Cons
Ma
yea
Mat Roller/Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2018
great establishment, hard working and motivated people and supervisors were great, great company to work for and beneficial and also very respectful and helpful
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Worst ever
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
In 14 months we went through 3 managers and 9 engineers. All meetings but no one to do the work. The sig sigma way or nothing else. Does not work with IT
Never ending
Washroom Technician / Driver (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAAugust 7, 2018
The days were long & the nights were longer. There open door policy was never open. Pay raises were Cents on the dollar but no more than 10 cents. No room for advancement if you was a female or a person of colour
Non="Rotating Internship"
Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 6, 2018
The internship at Cintas sounded like a perfect fit, a growing company, a great opportunity for growth and an intern program that rotates around the different facets of the company, this, however, was not the case. Of my 12-week program, I spent over 6 weeks in the warehouse doing production, when it was stated I would spend 1 week there. The VP of the district told me that he did not have a problem with me being lied to and the general manager of the location stated that he "did not like the intern program," to me, the intern.

I am sure Cintas was much better for other interns, but the experience was quite disheartening for me and would not recommend the internship, but some other positions in the company seem enjoyable enough.
I enjoyed my experience working at cintas
mat roller/hanger (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed working as a mat roller and I also hung shirts and overalls. I learned a lot about the importance of uniform cleaning and mat rolling. I also learned to fold and separated the aprons form sizes.
Productive and fun
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 6, 2018
No shortage of help. Plenty of resources available to get the job done. The handheld computer is a lot to learn. If you have good communication skills you can be successful here.
Stable company that offers work-life balance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 6, 2018
Financially stable company that offers work-life balance. Great for families with small children. Does not provide tuition reimbursement or help in career development.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2018
I loved my position at Cintas. The management were wonderful and even tried to get me hired at the plant in San Antonio, TX. They were very patient as far as training and were very understanding when I had to leave to pick up my kindergartener from school when someone lit a fire in the library. Great company
Good Company
Uniform Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 6, 2018
Good company, high stress, lots of mileage, no work/home balance. Lots of moving parts that they haven't figured out since the merger with G&K. They'll figure it out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight