Cintas

Cintas Employee Reviews

United States4,377 reviews
Found 4,377 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Cintas selected this as a representative review
Productive and Great Place to Work
Great culture and partners to work with. Highly recommend the company. Enjoyed my 17 years with the company. Multiple opportunities for growth and development
High level managers only care about numbers not people.
Cintas is a company who truly only cares about profit numbers and what you can do for them. They promise advancement and job security but often do not deliver. They preach culture but often do commit unethical behavior. They do not think anything of your time including work/life balance. They look for a "Yes Man" kind of person who will not question their ways and will do any of the grimy and gritty tasks without any complaints. They will use your every last minute and still expect more. I do not recommend this career to a person who wants to be creative and cares about their work and time.
It’s not a life time job
It’s hard work but it has good hours , four days a week , it has great insurance, no paid holidays, but they are pretty flexible about having drinks or food at your station It’s really hot in there in the summer and pretty cool in the winter
Management will throw you under the bus , they have no interest in your well being or support you . When tough times arise you will be dropped like a hot potato .
Pros
Insurance is ok
Cons
Good old buddy system
Trust No
Always follow policy to the letter. Never feel you are safe confiding with your GM. They are not your friend and will never be your friend. When you are in the way of making profit, regardless of how much value you bring to the team, you will be removed. You no never have job security and never make the mistake that it’s okay to have a out of the box opinion.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
N/a
Good work environment and the people are all fun to work with and be around. The hours are good but the only thing they did not train me to do the job properly.
Good position.
Good place to learn about the services of deep cleaning. They truly invest in you as a person and make sure you are fully prepared to go. The pay is good and support from management is excellent.
n/a
It is not a place for everyone, hard work and to many supervisor . your work get reviewed monthly and if you do not score high enough they part ways with your employment
SSR is the best position in the company!
The SSR is by far the best position in the company. The SSRs have good wages and benefits and enjoy the opportunity to meet with members of the community on a weekly basis. Cintas as a whole is an honorable company even with the recent layoffs due to covid-19. Management has its struggles but every company has those types of issues. Most days are spent in the truck by yourself with little direction so if you are a free spirit, this is the job for you.
Service Supervisors are the lowest level of management. Pay is decent and the benefits are good as well. No 2 days are the same and you must be ready to change gears in a moments notice. There are definitely moments where you get plenty of direction and feedback, both wanted and unwanted. If you want to move to a higher position like service manager, take the Service Supervisor job, if not, stay put as an SSR.
Pros
SSR work hours
Cons
Service Supervisor work hours
Great company and management
Great place to work , people of all levels helpful, managers always available , training is great , takes a while to get acclimated, lot to learn . I spent most my adult life @ Cintas it was like home to me , there was not a day that went by that was positively challenging, I especially liked starting the Bridgeville location with the help of 5 others , if you like a challenge Cintas is for you .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cintas?
Good compau
Overall I enjoyed my experience with the company. It has been too long for me to know about their current pay structure. The hours were extremely flexible and you did not work a very long day.
Horrible from the get go
Very lazy higher ups that don’t show any interest in wanting to help you succeed. I felt like I was set up for failure from the beginning with the lack of training. Managers have the “it’s not my job” mentality. General Manager is an absolute jerk, as well as every existing service manager since all they care about is making an extra buck off of a small business that’s suffering from COVID19. If this place was run better, I wouldn’t mind. But, the managers and supervisors are all a bunch of washed up athletes that have an ego they feel the need to protect on a daily basis.
Straight forward, but not for everyone.
I've been working for Cintas for 8 months. The job is very straightforward. Deliver/pick up clothes, replace mats, and service other customer needs like bathroom/cleaning supplies. Salary is dependent on hourly plus commission. Commission is based off of total route volume. More products/services on route, more you get paid. The other partners are very friendly but the same can't be said for managers and supervisors. They claim to be on your side but will side with a customer knowing they are a source of income. Very corporate mentality, showing that the partners are expendable. The monthly bonus is very doable, quarterly requires lots of upselling but is beneficial if you can manage it. Lastly, if you do not work 40 hours or more, expect backlash from management. I currently average 30 hours or less a week. They expect partners to work 40 because they pay salary based off of 40 hours.
Pros
4 Day work week, Bonus opportunities, Can work less than 40
Cons
Poor Management, No workplace culture, Expendable
It is a great company to work for
I enjoyed working at this company. I taught me how to multitask and get the job done under major stress.I believe that if you can work at Cintas you can work anywhere.
Physical job
The work itself isn't bad. It was a 4 day work week which was nice. There is a lot of lifting and walking throughout the entire day. I lived an hour away so the commute was a bit much after a year so I moved on.
Pros
Generous benefit package and 4 day work week
Cons
Dirty job some days depending on customers.
Don’t waste your time
They are only in it for themselves at the end of the day they only care about shall street and not the partner. A lot has changed for the worse over the years .. do yourself and your family a favor and do not work here
They tell lies management only cares about production Hr department allows people to get workplace harassment by other workers constantly
Do not work here they won't give proper raises no matter if good worker or not ...they allow the employees to bully other employees then Hr will get rid of you for reporting the ones who have been there longer.... supervisors like to over work certain employees while there buddies do nothing....supervisors are to friendly with certain employees unprofessional messy work environment ununptheare
Great environment, great people, and overall a great place to work. Weekly meetings to push promotions and motivate you to work hard. I wish I could have stayed there but moved to North Carolina.
Cintas is a very solid company to work for.
Cintas is a fantastic company to work for! I worked in the First Aid division before transferring to the Rental division. In my opinion, Cintas has a great culture. You really need to have a good work ethic to be employed by Cintas and if you are reliable and hard working you will have opportunities to advance. The management at Cintas is top notch. They work very hard, but their doors are always open if you need to talk.
Pros
Great co-workers and customers.
productive and learnign environment
great place to learn and develop while earning great compensation. good leadership that promotes growth and determination. Great team work place where peers positively influence eachother.
Great Company if
Depends on the Location you work at. Mine was a legacy GnK location which made it difficult to implement any new points of view from an operational standpoint.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight