CIOX Health

Found 2,342 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,353 reviews
healthportrecordmedicalrequestsitehipaaroiiod

Leadership Walks the Talk

Featured review

CIOX Health selected this as a representative review
The culture at Ciox has improved by leaps and bounds in the past 1-2 years. Leadership is transparent about challenges as well as successes, actively invites feedback from employees and "walks the talk" with respect to the company's core values. I love working as part of a high-performing team that supports each other and am thankful to be part of a organization with individuals who are passionate about driving meaningful improvements in healthcare.

Pros

Flexibility, opportunity to make a difference in an exciting industry, senior leadership focused on the employee

Cons

Could use more staff in select areas but trending in the right direction

Stressful environment to work in

I was always embarrassed when the managers would tell me what I was doing wrong. They made sure to scold me infront of other coworkers. One day the managers took everyone out for dinner and drinks but didn't tell us until the last minute. I could not go because I had a second job. They could have offered me a free lunch it worked but instead I was told that since I did not go then I would not get anything.

Cons

Managers would never helped when we were shorthanded with staff.

CIOX Health insights

Based on 1,415 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

low pay, point system that is unreasonable

They expect a lot of work for little pay. The job was good but but they merged with another company and began a point system that was unreasonable. It never affected me directly but it did a couple coworkers who were threatened to lose their jobs literally over 5 minutes here or there. For the amount of work they asked out of you there was very little leniency for workers in any situation.

Pros

coworkers were good

Cons

Short breaks, low pay

Great Company

ciox is a great company, pretty straight forward job. Have to adapt to a lot of changes here and there. you take a lot of outbound calls to doctors offices and hospitals

Fast paced, and there are lots of changes. Kind staff and the training is very informative. They do team meetings and 1:1, my lead is also very transparent and helpful

A company that truly cares about its employees, all of management is great and treats their employees as equals as them, no favoritism and they take mental health serious they are also family oriented

What the job offers isn’t what you get AT ALL

When offered this job they told me mileage and gas would be reimbursed. Was also told I’d work a minimum of 20 hrs a week and get paid holidays. Over 3 months later working for this company, I’ve worked about 15 hours this past month alone. I don’t get reimbursed my gas but I do get my mileage which still isn’t enough for the wear and tear that my car has to go through for this job. When they pay you mileage it’s only a percentage and if your round trip is over 30 miles so keep that in mind. No holidays are paid unless you are full time but this position is not full time. Management is ok. But this whole past month I’ve been on the verge of resigning because I am getting about 2-6 hours a week and hardly any other pay.

Pros

Pay rate, no micro management

Retaliation & defamation, but hey if toxic "leadership" is your thing 5 star review!

Shoddy level of BASIC work related professional core values/courtesies, lack of integrity/accountability, toxic work behaviors (clients & staff). Some days, work related tasks actually felt rewarding when everyone participated in the work day (aka TEAMWORK). Team Leads (TL) and operations supervisor where STRONG leaders, just needed more encouragement/empowerment and responsibility. Teams would have been more organized and effective if TL's were able to fully complete their daily TL responsibilities while not having to continually complete other team members work due to no call no shows/late shows, time management issues, customer complaint issues, etc. But all of that is meaningless when you have a spineless poltroon of a micromanager, more concerned with another staff member's biceps than actually getting to know her/his new team, and is not local with zero personal skills, or understanding of how to actually lead, mentor and develop junior employees through different situation's. You want to be a Quiet Quitter, this job is for you!

The pay, but the job description is misleading

The pay is good for what I do, but I was lead to believe that my hours would be steady and the locations close to my area. They aren't.The time difference does not always make it convenient to contact a manager. There is no office in my state.

Overworked/underpaid

OverworkedUnderpaid MicromanagementVery rude patients At least 60-80 calls per day...but expect you to process up to 80 requests per dayBarely receive pto after 2 -3 yearsStingy with the overtime, which we need in order to have a decent paycheck Management don't care(just meet your quota for the day)Systems always crashing

Pros

Weekly pay, remote, no covid shot required

Cons

No longer give yearly raises, raises based on production

Stressful

Manager doesn’t care. Place the contract was through was very resentful and rude. Would not work with anyone. Kept on passing all problems on to Ciox employees

If offered position for Ciox, really think about it! Worst job ever!

I started off in data entry which was a breeze for a short period of time, till EVERYTHING changes rules, policies, time, every thing changes on the weekly with Ciox. Right now my position is in the OutReach Program which includes making outbound calls to the same clinics/hospitals over and over again till the nurses curse you out. At this point Ciox does not care about their employees nor clients, they will micromanage you till you can't take it anymore. They expect a lot from you they do not care I repeat they DO NOT CARE about you, (employees) they only care about the job, to them you are just other number. I would really consider before you take ANY ROLE at Ciox.

Fun place stressful training

I started tanning for this company on-site last week. It is a very fun atmosphere! But the training is crammed in and just thrown at you. Management seems to have no understanding on reality for the on site individuals.

Not enough staff to get work done

Been here for almost three months and I already want to quit. Too stressful. Not enough employees to get the work done. Overtime was taken away. When I worked remotely between 2017-2020 it was 100% better than working on-site.

Overworked and underpaid

Overworked and underpaid, very stressful with little help provided. Good if you need a stopgap position, but longerm outlook is not great unless you can make it into management.

Some of the managers didn’t seem to care that much and just wanted you to get the work done. Other managers favorited employees and it showed. Too under staffed

No support, Lacks consistency/communication

you won't get placed on the schedule which resulting in no hours. Management doesn't communicate with you about scheduling and clearly doesn't read their e-mails. Im sure there are some good moments there I just didn't experience them.

A fine entry level job

I've worked for this company for about 4 years now. The work is fine, but the pay is not great. In 4yrs I have not even made a dollar raise COMBINED, and they have no leeway in offering extra raises. Because the company is so big sometimes communication is confusing. But all together it's an unoffensive company to work for.

Don't Recommend

Bad management, impossible work expectations. You end up putting a lot of miles on your personal car and up to 3 hours drive time to job sites and with the cost of gasoline it is not a good job.

Pros

Cons

Very unreliable work hours. You can go months at a time without work.

All about the bottom line

Don't pay well, don't care for employees, and certainly do not supply the help needed when short staffed. They care about productivity, and the bottom line only. They cut corners at the employees expense, put off hiring the appropriate help to save the company money. Really a shame.

Work environment

I started off liking this company, until their has been massive changes. What I learned in training is nothing like what I’m doing now. They make up ridiculous rules every other week. Some of the supervisors contact lead whatever are not that smart and don’t know anything. Sometimes I wonder who hired them (favoritism) .. lies are being told about moving to a different department, but never transition to a new one. It’s like selling a dream and making promises to a person so they won’t leave. Which equates to LIES! The job is low paying and the setup of receiving medical records is like we’re not getting anything done. Just doing robotic work all day, that has already been done. They like to call you out about not making 40 calls per day. Well if there were work available maybe employees would meet the quota. Learn to train people first instead of making smart remarks blaming people for something beyond their control. People utilizing misspelled words in notes, and not notating after calls is very frustrating. If you are someone who is seeking an opportunity to do the business side of healthcare this job is for you to learn how the system work, take it and move on otherwise this job is not good long term.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks, supervisors, unrealistic expectations, gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIOX Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight