CIOX Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search See all 1,124 reviews
CIOX Health is a good working environment.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2018
I did like my position with this company and did get promoted 3 times in the two years that I was working there. I was not trained like I would have liked but it was not hard to learn what is required of the position.
Fun and great job itself but the actual company is the headcahe.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 7, 2018
Let me start by saying this job is NOT what it seems to be, it was literally all over the place. It sounds pretty great to be a Medical Records Technician and travel to different medical offices, clinics, hospitals, etc. for $16-$18/hr . It seems like pretty easy work but it's definitely not the best job, it was always difficult to get in touch with someone from the company, especially due to the fact that everything is online as far as you getting paid, your schedule,etc. Even your training is online from the comfort of your own home. Going into this you'll feel as though everything is cool and legit cause they will make you feel that way during training but once you actually get in the field and start working.. it sucks!! It seems as though no one really appreciates you as an employee and they will literally walk all over you. During my 5 months employed, I never worked 40 hours a week as I was promised. Each month I had a minimum of 3-5 days on my schedule, me thinking it would get better as I was told stayed at the job but it never got better. It was always the same schedule each and every time, I now definitely understand why they pay so much per hour for such a simple job.. that's the only way they can get people to work for them and stick around cause let's be honest, $16/hr sounds pretty good. Trust me, it's not worth your time or energy.. try and find better work before you settle for this. PLEASE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Horrible employer
Data Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 5, 2018
Ciox Health has to be the worst company I have ever worked for. The company puts absolutely no effort in showing appreciation for loyal employees and will work you until you are mentally drained. There is little to no opportunity to advance here and the compensation does not match the stress/workload.
work ethnic
Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
The work culture have changed. There is no room to grow once you get to a certain level. The employees are not valved. It has become workplace were every person for themselves.
Not the best place to work
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 5, 2018
Our office was managed by someone who was put in the job and not qualified for the job. People were sharing passwords, so other people could use an account that Watson Clinic didn't want other people to have the passwords. Three people shared their passwords. Management was aware of the situation, but told us to be quiet about it. Also, in regards to management, people couldn't make their daily quota. I made double the amount required. Why, you ask, people were to busy on personal calls, decorating the office of playing on their phones or the internet. These employees then were able to take a computer home and do extra work for overtime. Even when they brought home the extra work, they made excuses to why the work was not completed. These people were friends with the immediate management and got special treatment over the couple of employees who completed their work.
Pros
working for Ciox health at a Watson Clinic location
Cons
games played and favorites who didn't complete their work
Contingent, not part time
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Metro DetroitOctober 30, 2018
This position is ok. The communication with dispatch with your job assignment needs a little work. I've shown up to a couple sites and were told that the job was either cancelled or rescheduled. Dispatch never relayed the message to me. Some days its hard to reach dispatch(they are based in Arizona, I'm in Michigan). Also details of the jobs are either very vague or a hit and miss. I would have at least 2 jobs a week where I'll either need clarification or there were missing details(i.e. bring own copy paper or its paper scan not EMR).
1 or 2 times when I called in sick, supervisor never got the message.
Pros
More Medical records experience and travel to different places
Cons
communication and no benefits
The work was interesting, but could be tedious
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2018
They were always more about the number of phone calls, and not the Custer service.
They pushed us & coached us if we didn't make a certain number of calls per hour or per day.
Some calls could take longer but they didn't seem to care.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pushy managers, and you were not allowed to defend yourself for fear if being terminated
great work experience
Service Client Rep/ medical records (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJOctober 25, 2018
This was a great experience. It was a blessing to have this job. I was able to grow and move up. The company was understanding during my separation. When I had to become a sole provider for my children.
Ciox a good place to work
Patient Access Representative-Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Jasper, TXOctober 25, 2018
Ciox is a good company if you are organized and dont mind doing repetitive work. A typical day is heavy in phone calls from requestors, Dr offices, hospitals, law offices and heavy on patient walk in .
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
repetitive.
Poor Management
Sr. Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 25, 2018
The manager at my location does not provided enough support to the employees. She is not concerned with the well-being of her employees and only cares about the "numbers" for the company. The job is simple but technology issues prevents a lot of work from being done. The job does not pay enough or provide any incentives for the amount of work required.
Pros
Good schedule/ PTO
Cons
Poor management/ work environment

Want to know more about CIOX Health?

Ask a question
It's hit or miss.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 24, 2018
I dislike leaving negative reviews, so I will only state the positive. During my time with this company I felt like I was treated fairly. My hours were always available and, when it became necessary, I was able to adjust my schedule and location. I cannot - and will not - speak for the current culture of the company. It was decent when I was there; typical of any corporate cooperative. (Disclaimer: I put a "no" for Rate the CEO for the simple fact as it's not the same person from my time there. I can't accurately rate someone I don't know.)
Poor Management, minimum training
Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 22, 2018
Training was minimal, most was learning as you worked on floor. Supervisors not always available to assist you and sometimes didn't know answers to your questions. Spent first week of training playing games because management didn't have new employees set up to use computers and to take the HIPPA test. Was hired as an auditor and then told the only jobs available were as a call agent which I specifically said I did not want to do in interview. Was told I would have to take a pay cut and work on weekends if I insisted on doing auditor job. Was fearful all the time of losing job for any small infraction. I asked for leave off as I had previously paid for trips that were planned before starting work. I was approved by one supervisor, but when moved to another department under another supervisor I was told it might not be approved as it was too much time, (2 days for 1 trip, 3 days for another trip, a month apart) when another employee who was hired at the same time as myself was given 2 weeks off for a cruise. I had perfect attendance and was early every day. I didn't feel supported by supervisors, our breaks were cut from 15 minutes when I first started to 10 minutes. I did like the people I worked with and I liked the hours. I feel like management could have done a much better job of training and being supportive. Also, I did not like being screamed at by clients and was told I just had to let them rant. I think that a lot of information could have been given to the clients to avoid the issues that they had with the company.
Pros
People I worked with. Fun events, free coffee, cereal.
Cons
Short breaks, scare tactics, poor management.
Good... for short term
PPQA Urgent/ Special Request (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2018
Inless your management the pay isnt enough to live without a second income. Your PTO and sick time are the same thing. The people are great but it's good for a first time job or gaining experience.
Pros
People
Cons
30min lunch, one 10 min break in 8hours, low side of compensation
ROI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 16, 2018
Very focused on productivity and being accurate. The pay is not the best and taking off for emergencies are both a pro and con. The employees are very friendly.
Pros
Breaks and friendly people
Cons
Pay
Workplace bullies
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 16, 2018
Most of the managers workplace bully you via email and phone. So it's hard to prove this to their Human Resources once you've been targeted. The managers in the Indexing department in Alpharetta and the managers in Roswell in the medical records department speak in disrespectful tones to their employees. I worked here for ten years and did not get a pay increase for three of those years. THEY DO NOT MATCH 401K!!! AND YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR PAID VACATION TIME OFF, IT'S NOT GIVEN TO YOU LIKE MOST COMPANIES!! THEY DO NOT PAY FOR SICK TIME OFF!!
Pros
Good experience to gain as far as the job duties.
Cons
I started at $11 hourly. Ten years later I left making only $12.36 hourly!
ciox health
Medical Record Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2018
My review on ciox would be an okay job for someone young and just starting in the medical record field. Management was not together, seemed as if they never spoke with one another in the office, word would never get to where i would ask it to go, message's were never received correctly. Teenagers ran the offices the way they wanted it ran, never correctly.. Always laid off during the most valuable time of the year, Christmas, Thanksgiving or any Holidays Never any hours to work.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
did not pay for gas, lot of mileage to travel.
It's an average job
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2018
For this position, you save and file medical records requests from attorney, insurance, provider and patients. You will get trained to proper handle these request as they have specific ruling of release records to requestors. There will be a time there is a request form that will not be shown in training and it can be overwhelming. Management is not always available especially if you are working in the hospital/clinic. They have 2 central office - Layton and West Valley City. It's not often management visit you if working in hospital. Which make you feel left out.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
no recognition, feeling left out
Terrible place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2018
I was fired over the phone. They did not pay me for my PTO. Overworked and exspected not to make mistakes. Other employees sat around watching movies on their phones. The healthcare benefits were a joke. It is cheaper not to have insurance. It takes at least one month to get hired on. Then when you do start nothing is ready to start working. Very little training.
Cons
Good company to work for. Wonderful incentives. Great assistance and learning available for skills improvement.
CODING CONSULTANT III (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 10, 2018
Very nice company to work for. Had many educational tools to assist with skills improvement. Incentives for accuracy in coding. Clients assigned cases. These were to be coded in reasonable time frame. Employees were friendly and helpful. Worked closely with CDI nurses. Hardest part of the job was completion of queries.
Pros
Benefits, educational helps, and incentives.
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy
Customer Service Rep/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 10, 2018
I have never been treated so badly in my entire working career, and I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Management is horrible, and they don't care.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIOX Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight