CIOX Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,175 reviews matching the search See all 1,179 reviews
Ciox nee undercover boss for real.
Customer Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
The work was not bad but management was HORRIBLE. The computer programs always was freezing and supervisor didn't know a dam thing always on the phone and in the hallway. Gossip about people who stoop up for themselves and ghetto too. Management suck and they really didn't do anything when you did tell them about the things that was going on. Management are sneaky and will use you if you let them. Ciox higher up need to bring people in as Undercover boss to find out what really goes on. Thank god that was my second job. Yes I'm management myself.
Pros
Great co workers.
Cons
They will lie on you to make you look bad.
Managers need training.
Client Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 19, 2019
I have always been a firm believer in my manager knowing how to do my job. They could never give a yes or no answer and always had to reach out to someone else. Between CIOX and the hospital that we was contracted through it was always a tug a war game. Emails were not answered in timely manner. Communication with the site was very poor and always heard “they don’t pay us to do that”. Training was horrible. Never was a dedicated amount of time to teach someone how to do the job.
Pros
Flexible achedule
Cons
Training, managers, communication
Workplace and cultur
Director, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 10, 2019
Fast paced and ever-changing environment, however, leaders communicate strategy and direction well. Typically an open-door culture where discussions are welcomed. Leadership and teams are experts in their field and provide a learning environment. Internal corporate-wide communications have improved immensely and keeps our 10,000+ employees better informed and connected.
Pros
Work with some very talented individuals
Cons
Too many leadership changes
Very enjoyable place to work
Medical Records Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 12, 2018
i very much enjoy my job and working for CIOX.
during the winter season things slow down and we become part time and some technicians are laid off for the entire winter. i ahve been fortunate to not be one of the techs laid off for the entire winter season . my work slows down to part time and I need to remain full time all year .
Pros
very nice friendly place to work
Cons
work slows down for the winter season possibly meaing a lay off during the winter
Records Analyst and Medical Records Technician
Records Analyst and Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
Of all the companies I worked for in Florida this had been my favorite. Unfortunately the company was sold and the upper management did not allocate the resources to keep the department in compliance with HIPAA. We were constantly short of staff and they did not hire on permanent employees but temps,

The entire department of 7 full time and six temps were all let go there was no opportunity for upward mobility although there was a very good work environment and good benefits
Pros
Frienly environment with low stress until the very end
Cons
No upward mobility what so ever
Decent company but never follows through
Regional Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
Ciox has a habit of initiating new programs but never following through to complete them. Example they began Hoshin Planning Training in 2016 and never followed through.
They also implemented a new platform for producing requests. They rolled it out before it was ready and in turn, ruined several books of business.
Pros
Growing company however, does not make very sound decisions.
Cons
Do not listen to employees or Mid-Level Management
HCC Coder at Ciox Heath
HCC Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 18, 2018
I am a remote HCC Coder at Ciox Heath. I have worked for Ciox for 14 months, and love it! There is room for advancement into other departments, and those opportunities are emailed to us as they come available. I work remote from home, and have as much or as little help as I need. I have had 2 supervisors since starting my position, and they both have been wonderful. I have no intention of leaving this position!
Pros
Remote, Flexible Schedule
low production
Client Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 28, 2018
Great people and great atmosphere. My issuses are there is lack of work and because of that we have less working hours. It might be because of the end of the year so hopefully work will pick back up around the beginning of the year. Also, the benefits are ok but the premiums are to high.
Pros
very relaxed environment, great people to work with
Cons
no hours they are always sending people home early or cutting hours short
Great people good company to work for
Client Service Representative II/ Release (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 7, 2018
Must be knowledgeable with medical records and be able to work together to get the job done. Good benefits and they do recognize their employees when a job is well done. Pretty flexible fr the most part and overtime is available off and on through the year.
Pros
Can relocate is needed, insurance coverage, atmosphere, two 15 min breaks
Cons
Sometimes you have to answer phones, email overload
Morning shift, fast paced, really easy, outbound calls
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
I like working there very close to home and easy job. Kinda hard to find once you go for the first time but very accessable. Parking is a small distance but easy to find. Free coffee and the people are easy to get along with.
Pros
Free coffee, raffles, sometimes food catered, seasonal holiday decorations, easy work.
Cons
Parking a little far, must qualify for overtime, a little difficult to find at first
Horrible management and workflow
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 24, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone the manager completely lied about the job it self had me thinking i was working for the hospital not a third contracted party. He doesn’t communicate or even speak when he walks in the door he is the worse manager lazy, takes credit for everyone else’s work just to get by the girls that worked under him were great i hope they leave soon to find better. Do not go to this job unless management is different. We were at Sarasota memorial but we’re treated as outsiders and that’s what they called us. I can go on
Pros
Discounted lunch
The managers have no experience and try to find fault in everything. Never a kind word and everyone left.
Medical Records Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 21, 2018
If you like being talked down to and work long hours for little pay then take their offer. They never have a positive thing to say. If you have a helpful tip then they dismiss it because it's there way or no way.
Pros
Most weekends off
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, managers that constantly find fault.
Contingent, not part time
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Metro DetroitOctober 30, 2018
This position is ok. The communication with dispatch with your job assignment needs a little work. I've shown up to a couple sites and were told that the job was either cancelled or rescheduled. Dispatch never relayed the message to me. Some days its hard to reach dispatch(they are based in Arizona, I'm in Michigan). Also details of the jobs are either very vague or a hit and miss. I would have at least 2 jobs a week where I'll either need clarification or there were missing details(i.e. bring own copy paper or its paper scan not EMR).
1 or 2 times when I called in sick, supervisor never got the message.
Pros
More Medical records experience and travel to different places
Cons
communication and no benefits
It's hit or miss.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 24, 2018
I dislike leaving negative reviews, so I will only state the positive. During my time with this company I felt like I was treated fairly. My hours were always available and, when it became necessary, I was able to adjust my schedule and location. I cannot - and will not - speak for the current culture of the company. It was decent when I was there; typical of any corporate cooperative. (Disclaimer: I put a "no" for Rate the CEO for the simple fact as it's not the same person from my time there. I can't accurately rate someone I don't know.)
Poor Management
Sr. Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 25, 2018
The manager at my location does not provided enough support to the employees. She is not concerned with the well-being of her employees and only cares about the "numbers" for the company. The job is simple but technology issues prevents a lot of work from being done. The job does not pay enough or provide any incentives for the amount of work required.
Pros
Good schedule/ PTO
Cons
Poor management/ work environment
Workplace bullies
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 16, 2018
Most of the managers workplace bully you via email and phone. So it's hard to prove this to their Human Resources once you've been targeted. The managers in the Indexing department in Alpharetta and the managers in Roswell in the medical records department speak in disrespectful tones to their employees. I worked here for ten years and did not get a pay increase for three of those years. THEY DO NOT MATCH 401K!!! AND YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR PAID VACATION TIME OFF, IT'S NOT GIVEN TO YOU LIKE MOST COMPANIES!! THEY DO NOT PAY FOR SICK TIME OFF!!
Pros
Good experience to gain as far as the job duties.
Cons
I started at $11 hourly. Ten years later I left making only $12.36 hourly!
ciox health
Medical Record Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2018
My review on ciox would be an okay job for someone young and just starting in the medical record field. Management was not together, seemed as if they never spoke with one another in the office, word would never get to where i would ask it to go, message's were never received correctly. Teenagers ran the offices the way they wanted it ran, never correctly.. Always laid off during the most valuable time of the year, Christmas, Thanksgiving or any Holidays Never any hours to work.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
did not pay for gas, lot of mileage to travel.
It's an average job
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2018
For this position, you save and file medical records requests from attorney, insurance, provider and patients. You will get trained to proper handle these request as they have specific ruling of release records to requestors. There will be a time there is a request form that will not be shown in training and it can be overwhelming. Management is not always available especially if you are working in the hospital/clinic. They have 2 central office - Layton and West Valley City. It's not often management visit you if working in hospital. Which make you feel left out.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
no recognition, feeling left out
Good company to work for. Wonderful incentives. Great assistance and learning available for skills improvement.
CODING CONSULTANT III (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 10, 2018
Very nice company to work for. Had many educational tools to assist with skills improvement. Incentives for accuracy in coding. Clients assigned cases. These were to be coded in reasonable time frame. Employees were friendly and helpful. Worked closely with CDI nurses. Hardest part of the job was completion of queries.
Pros
Benefits, educational helps, and incentives.
An okay job which provided needed information for the purpose of a patient's continued health and financial needs.
Client Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 1, 2018
A typical day was one of researching, pulling and scanning of medical records to provide the release of information on patients to insurance companies, attorneys and themselves. When I performed this role as a scan rep, I learned that I was providing a service to those individuals who in turn often needed further medical help or for (monetary) compensation. The hardest part of the job was not allowing yourself to become negative about what I had to get done for the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIOX Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight