CIOX Health

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Leadership Walks the Talk

Featured review

CIOX Health selected this as a representative review
The culture at Ciox has improved by leaps and bounds in the past 1-2 years. Leadership is transparent about challenges as well as successes, actively invites feedback from employees and "walks the talk" with respect to the company's core values. I love working as part of a high-performing team that supports each other and am thankful to be part of a organization with individuals who are passionate about driving meaningful improvements in healthcare.

Pros

Flexibility, opportunity to make a difference in an exciting industry, senior leadership focused on the employee

Cons

Could use more staff in select areas but trending in the right direction

No appreciation

Never showed appreciation put you at a site and never cared how you were being treated. That's why there turnover rate is extremely high. There is no room for advancement.

They really want a "Company Man/Woman".....

Former employee here. This just a good old boys club. The first thing to point out is that this job is all about getting on management's good side. If you can make management happy then you will go far. I found out that making management happy basically came down to becoming married to your job and doing what ever it takes to reduce management's work load. You are basically looking up records, but it’s the people who run the company that seem to make the job much harder and complex than it should be. One of the perks is remote work, but unfortunately it is still based on seniority and it will be some time until you are working remotely. They do work weekends as well and again seniority plays a role in that. However, as I stated before making friends with management is your number one priority. Seniority will only take you so far here. The compensation was pretty low and the benefits do not really make up for the low compensation.

Pros

remote work, office enviroment

Cons

managment, culture, low compensation

Productive and fun place to work

Great place to work. I have a lot of flexibility and manager shows me respect and gives me a sense of purpose.I will the pay was more, especially since there is no matching for the 401k, and the benefits are pricey.Overall though, good company.

Pros

Wfh, unlimited PTO

Cons

High premiums, no 401k match

Diversity and inclusion

I am a new hire, the companies onboarding process spoke a lot about inclusion and diversity. Great sense of community among the new hire process and orientation

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Gossipy

The work was fine but management was more interested in making friends and spreading gossip. They played favorites and liked to talk about others.

They care about you.

I work remotely and the interview was on my front porch. Was very relaxed and was just myself. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a place to grow in your knowledge and advance in the company.

Pros

Remote jobs.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Flexible and professional

Ciox Health been a great place work at. My management team has been fantastic. A newer focus on employees is good to see. It is a production centric company and always something to do.

Expect to do everything with little to no support from Management

So for one, the work/life balance sucks. You have to check your schedule every day to see if it changes because it can change (as they say) up to 7 pm the night before. But now we have to check in the morning too just to make sure nothing magically updated overnight. Plus, if you have a drs appointment, you have to request a min of half the day off because jic you're scheduled 2 hours away from your Dr's. And if you request half the day off, you may as well expect the whole day off because they don't typically have sites that only need half a day scheduled.Compensation and benefits. So they actually pay pretty good hourly...but the only downfall is my particular position slows down in the winter. Its so bad, I may as well consider myself half my wage at full time. This is why they consider you part time. The summer hours are great and you get lots of work. But as things slow down, so do your hours (to the point you can see as little as 5 hours for 2 weeks.) Because if this, I worry about actually signing on for any Healthcare benefits because I wonder how I could afford it in the winter. Expect to find a seasonal job from about Jan to March.So I put Job security as high only because not many people actually do the job quickly and effectively the first time around. AND out of the ones that do their job well, the system will still mess things up and you have to return to a site 2 or 3 times for the same list that you already retrieved. If you do the job well though, sites can and will request you and that provides extra security.What can I say about Management? Well...for -

Pros

Job is pretty easy, meet new people and see new places

Cons

Communication is lacking and a LOT of down time

Professional workplace

This company offers training to all the staff. Supervisor during my work time was very professional and always helps solved problems we encounter.He was very understanding and makes sure you have enough help with your work load.

Jobs at CIOX Health

See more jobs

Would be the dream job if the pay wasn't so meh

Great company to work for, they really try to hold onto employees. Problem is, the pay is not great, especially for the work required. It's basically a production job. Complying with HIPAA is not an easy task. Doing the same task multiple times a day five days a week gets stressful. Combine that with the not great pay and the job is not really worth it and over time will cause most people I'd imagine to look elsewhere or underperform. Burnout is real working for CIOX. This is a >$20 an hour job, but we're not even paid over $15 in most cases.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Low wages

Poor

Management is less then helpful, training, ify unless you happen to be so very lucky to have a co-worker that helpsPay, is very low for positions responsibilities, don't expect a raise ever, do expect to be "bounced around" to different managers, and departments with no notice, no training

Pros

Co-workers are wonderful in helping

Cons

everything else

Production based company with higher turnover rate.

The job is production based and the turn over rate is so high that there is always pressure to over perform to make up for the high volume when people decide to leave. There is no focus on improving the pay rate or overall work environment that encourages staff to stay with the company.

Production

Great company. Great career it’s a great place to work. No micro management. Great management if you do what you’re suppose to do. Highly recommend. Love it

Flexible hours but no room for growth

It's an easy job but there is no room for growth. You don't really gain much experience. All you do is pull chart from different EHR systems, so you don't do really do complex tasks.

Great company IF they have work for you

If you're self motivated and able to learn new things quickly, Ciox is great. However, if you work as a temp and run out of work for a particular location, it takes a significant amount of time to gain access to another work site, thus cutting your hours down to almost nothing.

Great job/ great benefits

I have worked for this company a while and I do love it. I just wish I was appreciated more. I do a lot of work for my team ans I feel like it’s not enough.

Pros

Flexible/benefits/pay

Cons

Not appreciated

Unorganized

Starting out, working for the company was great. The pay was good and I got to travel. However, over the course of the 2 years I worked for them I began to notice a decline in organization and general helpfulness. I would show up to sites and the method of retrieval would be different from what was listed on the order. I would call into the office and no one would be able to assist me in using an unfamiliar EMR system. Also, I was expected to be on standby for work when none had been assigned for work. I notified my team lead that I would be unavailable for scheduling and I was scheduled anyway causing me to put in my 2 weeks notice. However, somehow 2 months after I resigned it was reported that I had been fired. However, I had never been informed of a termination in any way. The only reason I even found out about it is because I went through the ENTIRE rehiring process including getting in offer letter for 2.5 dollars less an hour than I was paid before because their "policy changed". I went through all of that only for HR to tell me that I had been previously terminated and deemed ineligible for rehire. However, no one could explain to me why or how. After making an inquiry to HR several times and never fully getting a resolution I decided to drop it.

Pros

Pay(initially), opportunity for travel

Cons

Pay, unorganized, not enough training, not enough support, scarce work for months at a time.

Very team oriented and positive

I’ve only worked here for 2 months so I can’t review benefits properly however I love my team, flexibility in schedule, and the workload. It’s a great company striving in positivity. We have weekly expressions of appreciation if not daily, it’s contagious!

Pros

Great management; positive team; work is gratifying; remote; set own schedule; educational

Work From Home Medical Records

Great work from home schedule. Limited training period, with high production rate requirements. Overall, a great job if you can keep up with the production requirements.

The worst company to work for

My local manager was a great guy and some people on my team were pleasant to work with, but corporate is run by people who do not care for anyone who doesn't work at that corporate location. They do not pay fairly, unless you live in an area that has very low cost of living. Their benefits are expensive and cover next to nothing, so it's not really worth having. They constantly want you to increase productivity while giving NO increase in pay. Corporate does not listen to the area managers, and will refuse to give raises even when the manager says that a employee needs and deserves one. I do not recommend working there unless you do not need to make much money and don't mind being treated horribly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIOX Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight