Circle K Stores, INC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast pased, compensation not comproval to expectations from company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NHMay 2, 2018
At times could be fun to work there, but most times stressful because of expectations. They expected a whole lot of employees for minimal recognition. This can be discouraging to employee moral in turn affects some better customer service and team work I feel.
Pros
10 percent discount on some food items.
Cons
If calling out of work, you were required to have shift coverage or needed to come in to work.
poor
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAApril 20, 2018
poor management. never a set schedule. no benifits. constant violence from customers. dangerous place to be. it realy sucks working here very poor management will punish you for doing your job.
I love circle k
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Casey, ILMarch 22, 2018
The other employees are great and fun. I enjoyed working here. I even miss it. I just put in alot of time and never had time for my family. I was a work aholic
Pros
Always exiting
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Easy but fast paced to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2018
Great place to start out and move up the ladder. Big on training to make sure people know how to do their job correctly. Other than some low stress sometimes, a great place to work.
Great, fun place to work!
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 21, 2018
I liked the fast pace of multitasking responsibilities, and making a difference in the customer's day! All in all, Circle K Is a great Company to work for!
Pros
The customers and my co workers were all the best!
Cons
Standing too long without a break, to stretch out.
Circle k
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 19, 2018
Really hard work working here. I worked here for three years. I really enjoyed the regulars and learning new systems and cash handling procedures that helped me later in life.
Always hours if you needed them
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 17, 2018
This job wasnt a bad one but the employee turn over could be a bit much at times. But like all stations this is the call of the beast as it were. So either you want it or you dont.
Pros
Hours if needed
Cons
Lower pay
Quick paced and busy
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 14, 2018
I loved circle k it was always fun and lively customers were mostly regulars and you would talk and make sure each others day was going well and most were friendly or disgruntled lottery players.
Pros
Friend worked there
Cons
2nd shift never did all of their task unless my one friend worked 2nd and i worked 3rd.
this is only a part time job, not fulltime!
Lead CSR (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 7, 2018
You have to work long hours everyday while standing on your feet. Standing on your feet wouldnt be as bad if you could get a 15 min break or lunch. You dont get any lunch breaks nor small 10 or 15 min breaks. If there is a person in the store every second you are on the clock then you will simply be working the whole time. A lot of times you're going to be working by yourself, and if the person that is suppose to relieve you of your shift calls off, guess what? You're gonna have to work your shift and that person's shift because the managers are lazy and only want to work 5 days a week (5am-1pm) The pay is horrible, you cannot afford to live off the money they give you every week. Then they over hire people because they're scared one of their workers will quit because they know the wages are very low and even though the work isn't "hard" the running back and forth cleaning and taking care of customers is what will tire you out.
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
everything else
Aquire, aquire & burn?
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Circle K has been acquiring other convenience store chains faster than they can handle the side affects of extreme growth. Burning out employees and trying to make due with internally written systems rather than spending on reliable systems.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Low pay
One strike and you're out
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALDecember 30, 2017
The job is simple; serve customers, clean, prepare grill, typical c-store duties. Not hard to learn.

But make sure you don't mess up. One mishap with the cash and you're out. They won't write you up, just fire you.
Pros
Free drinks, pay is above min wage
Cons
No breaks, erratic hours
Changes made by company ruined it!
Lead Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 29, 2017
used to be able to get full time 40 hour weeks. The company restructured employee roles to part-time unless management or new Ambassador roles. will not give raises except for minimum wage increases. lowered non management employees to less than 30 hrs per week
Pros
none to speak of
Cons
no advancement oppertunity, low hours, lowest wage they can get away with
It was ok
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2017
Great place to work, especially if you are people's person and great communicator. Just not a place I'll consider keeping as a career job. I don't know maybe it's just me.
Bad Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 9, 2017
people are rude and the mangament act like children. If you want to move up into managment you might as well forget it. they will pull other mangers from other stores before they train anyone for managment.
Pros
Cig Breaks
Cons
Everbody Calls off and your expected to stay for a 16 hour shift
There is a new experience every day
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 24, 2017
Working for circle k i never know what i am going to come into i like the fact that no two days are the same even though i have a very repetitious job. I have regulars that i have come to know and love like family and i meet new people every day! i typically come in to work make sure my orders are done take care of counting money and taking care of the stores paperwork for the day then once my managerial work is done i am responsible for merchandising and stocking the store and following up on projects i have assigned to employees the previous day.
Pros
401k, Vacation time, payed time off for managers
Fun to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Floral City, FLNovember 14, 2017
Circle K is a good company to work for your first job, they lack qualified management and hire whomever they can get. They lack rewards or compensation for extra work that is completed and the benefits are sub par.
Slow paced work enviroment
Bakery Associate/loader (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 13, 2017
Management did participate when needed, usually they were not needed due to the fact when properly staffed we finished early, therefore limiting our earning potential.
Pros
Predictable routine
Cons
Shortened work hours
Lead Customer Service Rep
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLNovember 3, 2017
I have enjoyed my time with Circle K. It is a place where you meet all types of people and the majority of the customers are regular - every day customers. I run registers, stock shelves, clean floors, put lunch out, take care of some of the paperwork. The most difficult part of the job is lifting the 65 lb bibs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I work with a great team and we joke and have fun while we are working. Our customers are pleasant and fun to talk to.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
There aren't any discounts or benefits like that
good job, until HR wont help you
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAOctober 10, 2017
I had issues after 27 years and HR would not return emails, it was a good job. you are on your own a lot which is nice sometimes. I had fun met a lot of people.
Pros
flexable
Cons
bad MM
Great Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INOctober 9, 2017
Great people, always someone new coming in. Never really dull moments there. The only downfall is when lunch breaks happen for the factories out there in Shelbyville. It becames almost stressful with little to no help at all from other workers. Its all around a good place when it comes down to it.
Pros
new people
Cons
mangement doesnt help out as much