Circle K Employee Reviews

Found 5,724 reviews matching the search See all 5,889 reviews
Fast paced, but not effecent
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206October 18, 2018
Working at circle k is okay for a temporary job, but not long term, after your first raise its hard to get another one, and it also depends on the management who is your boss I got luck I had an understanding boss but at the same tine he wasn't, all boss have pros and cons. After a while I felt unsafe at my job and had to leave aside from moving out of state in few months after I left my job, but I also left due to the lack of hours I had two jobs but I gave circle k more available hours and days but didn't seem to matter much because of the employees who had been their the longest, no matter how rude they were to the customers got more hour then I did, even when I worked my butt off, I still got the short end of the stick, the only reason why I know they were not nice to the customers, was because how I would get complemented on my job and how nice I was compared to the other employees. It was decent job.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no breaks
Has a coulture of favoritism
manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2019
Company's upper management lacks proper communication skills,there are not enough operating hours to keep the stores cleaned and customer ready at all times. The most difficult part of the job is that if your overnight person calls out and no one is available, the store manager has to work the overnight and their own shift the following morning. The company does offer a good benefits package even though the medical coverage is very expensive. The part I enjoy most is the interaction with the customers.
Pros
Free coffee, fountain or frozen drinks during your shift and the occasional gift card incentive, $10 max for nsales contests created by the store manager.
Cons
No breaks. Working the overnight shift when the associate calls out.
Miserable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 14, 2018
Come in for your shift and someone else would've already counted your drawer and mine would always be short at the end of my shift. So, I got looked at like a thief. If management had a bad day then employees beware. I got treated like I was insignificant and not worth anyone's time. I was bad-mouthed by other employees in front of customers and nothing was done about it. Instead, I was forced to work with those that bad-mouthed me. I was belittled and everything I did was scrutinized because of other employees. I was taken advantage of because I was willing, and wanted, to work third shift. Oh, and for heavens sake, don't ever get to the point of not having a vehicle, because they don't care how you get home as long as you come in for your shift. There were several, cold mornings, after working graveyard, that I had to walk home. Just an all around negative experience. I will never work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, harsh coworkers, and uncaring management.
Dangerous place where they care little for the employees
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 26, 2018
In my time there I worked 3rd in a particularly bad area. You were expected to run the store alone. Often having to run into the cooler or out the back to take care of what needed to be taken care of. They didn’t want you locking the front doors preventing possible revenue. They would also hold you liable if things were stolen from the store if they were taken while you were managing over things. You’d often face people who had hidden weapons and the store would get robbed often. There are practically no benefits unless you’re an assistant manager or a manager. People call out often and you are looked upon to pick up their slack. If you don’t you get side eyed.
Pros
Some Vacation.
Cons
No Breaks, Dangerous Enviroment.
Pay too low for cost of living and false promise of pay increase
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sandestin, FLNovember 18, 2018
I was hired under the condition that I was to become an assistant manager. Every time my pay increase for the position was discussed it would change and I eventually discovered that it was not worth the amount of responsibility. I was told upon hire that it would be roughly 13.00 an hour but that was not the case. The work itself can be very fast paced and challenging. They want to add responsibility without incentive and if co-workers were not helping there was no correction for their behavior. In the end, I decided full-time school was the best option for a better future and the schedule at this job would not comply with my school schedule.
Pros
built good relationships with customers
Cons
No benefits and not enough compensation for the job
Circle K is as fun as you make it.
Assistant Manager/ Lead CRS (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 1, 2018
The Circle K corporation seems to be thriving with the acquiring of Valero. This is good for the stocks portion if purchased while working there. As for the job its self as a Customer Service Representative(CSR) to Lead CSR and Assistant Manager the job seemed to not be as rewarding as others. Benefits are not that great as there wasn't any health benefits, but there was some tuition reimbursement, stock benefits, and 401k was offered. The tough parts of the job were the lack of breaks, no down time unless customers where not in the store, and the interactions with rude customers. I did like the meets with new people practically everyday and opportunities to put a smile on others faces. Management was good, but didn't really drive any advancement within the company.
Pros
Food and drinks low prices, Regular Customers, Meet new people everyday
Cons
Lack of benefits, lack of breaks, not a desk job
Oh Circle K how I loved/hated you
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 26, 2018
This job was great at first, You get good hours even if hired as part time (mostly full time hours), but be-careful they will take advantage of you and if you don't work when they want you too, those hours will keep cut severely.Oh and if the next person doesn't come in for there shift hope you can pull a double.

Hiring practice is too have the better looking and more bubbly people work during the day and the people who need punished or aren't as bubbly work graveyard shifts.
Pros
Lost of hours
Cons
No breaks, long hours 12+, Benefits are terrible
The worst place I have ever worked for
CIRCLE K ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER ORLANDO FL (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2018
I started as a asstnt mnger for about 10 years, and took the role as store manager for 5 years with really no difference in pay this company is the most greediest company. I had perfect attendance for the 15 years I was there, did everything I was assigned to do, I went above and beyond, but when It comes time for raises you get anywhere from 5 to 10 cents each year! The manager bonus was a joke. My peers and managers was great but the company in general is horrible they really need to pay there managers and assistant managers more than what they pay. Employees would never stay long because no one can make a living working there, this job is only good for a student or a second job for very little extra pocket change DO NOT MAKE A CAREER OUT OF CIRCLE K unless you move to corporate level. The greedy corporate men make the hundred thousand dollar bonus that we store works work very hard for. What do we get a 500 dollar bonus that's split between the manager and 2 to 3 assistant managers.
Pros
Health benifits and 401k
Cons
Corporate management stop being greedy and pay people
Poor management
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Satsuma, FLOctober 26, 2018
I worked at Circle K and the worst part about the job was the leadership skills (or the lack there of). It was a game of politics. For a job that paid so little and offered no form of benefits, a person cannot expect much. However I did expect some form of professionalism. In which there was none. The store manager at that time was over worked and under paid. I left badly for her. She was a great lady and great at her job. It was the management below her that lacked the leadership skills.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Unprofessional leadership and crew within the store.
Held Multiple Positions
Price Book Coordinator/ Customer Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe,AZSeptember 20, 2018
• Received four promotions throughout my tenure.
• Entered and maintained product and pricing information.
• Ensures completeness and accuracy of data and pricing control forms
Research and analyze pricing and product report and queries.
• Analyze and investigate consumer claims
• Audited and verified property tax reporting.
• Created and modified Oracle Vendor Master.
Pros
Fairly treated and employee driven, onsite CircleK store, drycleaner, day care, Large lunch room w/grill and salad bar, book store, GREAT benefits when I worked there
Cons
Has since merged and relocated -was laid off
Great place for a young person to get some experience in customer service
STORE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Keystone Heights, FLOctober 15, 2018
If you are a people person this is a great place to start out. The management in some stores are great and in other stores they are horrific, upper management is a hit and miss, and corporate can be a real mess, only about the numbers not the employees. Pay is cheap and don't like to give a raise when it is earned, you will work you self to death for minimum wage.
Pros
can have a flexible schedule, good medical cover
Cons
not much pay for work perrformed
A decent company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2018
Circle K has stores all over the United States, and I would imagine that every area is different, just as the experience as an employee will change with your management and the culture of the area. Overall, it's a decent company where you do have an opportunity for advancement if you put your best foot forward.
Pros
Flexible schedule, usually good coworkers.
Cons
Low pay, few benefits, potential danger in the line of work.
Not employee concerned
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 7, 2018
I learned in my time at Circle K that we are all just an expendable object. It doesn't matter how much time and dedication you sink into the job, at the end of the day they will cut you warranted or unwarranted. There is no real opportunity to maintain your position for the smallest of mistakes. If there is new management that wants to replace the current staff they dig and dig to find something wrong with them. It doesn't matter how much time you sink into the company with extra work or going above and beyond, you are still just a number to them. Pay rate is a joke
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
no loyalty to hard workers, zero financial compensation
You will not be a happy person.
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJuly 26, 2018
You are expected to do so manythings, while the manager never lifts a finger to help. You need a restroom break, oops, the manager won't help with that. You aren't allowed any breaks, you are expected to be in the shop to assist customers even when you also have to go outside and change the gas price sign. Customers hate you, and you hate them equally as much. You also are given exactly 39 hours a week at minimum wage because they don't want you to be considered a fulltime employee. And the best part, the only way to get a raise is by getting someone hired, and the raise is a couple cents. On top of that, the odds are you'll never see that raise because management is in the gutter.

This is an absolutely soulless job. The turnover rate is high because of how horrid management is.
Pros
You become the homeless people's best friend
Cons
This job
Horrible Job Horrible Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLAugust 15, 2018
Simply said there is room for advancement but not for a raise in your pay, at least not one that is meaningful in any way. Management is competent but restrained by corporate whims. There is an organised structure for who is to perform which duties but it is impossible to actually follow this structure. Training is almost non-existant and relies on previous employees passing on knowledge but it is rare for an employee to last more than 6 months. In summary low pay, no breaks, no sick pay, expensive medical, and poor training. This is not an ideal position although it is an easy position to obtain.
Decent Job Terrible Company
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 3, 2018
This company says they are all about finding balance in Work Home Life but when it comes down to it they do not care about anything but the money.They will not hesitate to ask you to work 60+ hours in a week. They have no genuine concern for employees. In fact on a number of occasions i had to fight for my rights to paid vacation and pay. They are also very good at saying "you are one of the higher paid managers" hahah, A store Manager for this company is lucky to make 12$ an hour after being with the company for YEARS. They offer yearly reviews but no matter how great you are all your looking at getting for a raise is maybe 20 cents. If your looking for a company who values employees, work home life balance, reasonable pay, and a long term commitment this is NOT the place for you. Spare your self your worth far more than this company will offer.
Pros
its a job
Cons
Demanding hours, Low Pay, Lack of genuine concern for employees
Terrible pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Terrible pay. No advancement after 7 years. No breaks. No raises. Expected to work for minimum wage while handling thousands of dollars of cash. If anything is wrong suspected of theft. Under constant video and audio survalience. Security calls and makes you wave at the camera.
Pros
None. No discounts. Benefits are offered but terrible ans dont even cover emergency roon.
Cons
No breaks. Terrible pay. Forced to do the work of 3 people.
Something to hold you over
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2018
I've been at Circle K for over a year now and I would not be interested in moving up, the work life balance is non existent it is work over everything else. I see how stressed my manager is and the full time employees. For what is expected from employees the pay is not enough. You do get paid weekly and my manager is very flexible. Those really are the only pros. It is a easy job for cashiers however, it is not something where you will be financially stable, you only get one raise and it is not significant.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
low wage, inconsistent hours, stressful
Poor Management and corporate disconnect
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 27, 2018
There are far too many issues to be listed here. Mostly in the fact that the store is in shambles (many issues OSHA-worthy, no less) and that management could be done better. On top of that, the fact that there is no care for this store, even though we are the only store in this marketing region on one of the busiest roads around. I have worked with this company in other marketing regions in the past and I must say that where I am at now, unsatisfactory and poorly managed is an understatement.
Pros
At the moment, only the fact it is full time and has benefits...even though I have yet to see the latter.
Cons
No overtime is allowed, no proper relief is stressed, illtrained/mosey around employees, unhealthy physical workplace, poor maintenance and leadership in store and beyond.
Great Team to work with but to low of pay.
Assiatant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 15, 2018
I work with some amazing people that are always there for one another. But the company on its own is whats wrong. No one can live on the pay they provide and as a manager they have you going to many different stores to cover and work crazy hours within one week. It should be an easy job but they seem to not be able to keep employees due to the lack of pay compared to its competing stores that start their new hires out at the same rate as us managers and circle K start out as. When you speak up about raised you get over looked or get told "ill let you know next week" until you finally give up on trying to talk about your future.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
terrible pay, bad upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight