Circle K Employee Reviews

Found 5,002 reviews matching the search See all 5,134 reviews
Amazing company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 18, 2018
They were a good company! I would have stayed if not for family related health reasons! They offered flexible hours and benefits. Always worked with you. Continued training through your work career there.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Rarely get full breaks.
Productive fast working enviornment
Cashier/cooler stocker/ audits (Former Employee) –  Clinton, iaAugust 18, 2018
I loved working at circle k. You have an opportunity to up sale and earn extra money on your pay checks by selling the most so u got to be competitive but it's really fun and worth it.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Moving up takes a while
Circle K is an alright place but if you let it will consume your entire life.
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed the company untill management became less useful and employees quit doing their jobs and were not being documented.The store started to hit a down fall.
Pros
free refills on polar pop.
Cons
no breaks were allowed.
Easy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport, NHAugust 17, 2018
Working at Circle K was great while it lasted. I made it to third key holder and was learning how to do paperwork. I made a few friends along the way and I can carry those experiences over with me.
Pros
Breaks, learning oppurtunities
Cons
Poor communication sometimes
a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GAAugust 17, 2018
i loved my coworkers at circle k. i genuinely enjoyed being at work and getting to deal with customers. the job was easy if you are task oriented and they are flexible to fill your time needs
Managment is tertible.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 17, 2018
They expect you to make circle k your life. On my honeymoon, I got called 15 times about things I couldn't control and asked to come back early. If you didn't have a perfect store at all times you were berated, talk down to, and screamed at like a kid who ate a cookie before dinner. They don't care about anyone but themselves.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Upper Management
fast paced and fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2018
busy, fast paced. very customer service oriented with lots of interaction with the public. it definitely wasn't boring. with hard work, opportunity for advancement is there.
Pros
weekly pay.
Cons
turn over rate was high
It's a pretty good place to work at
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 17, 2018
Not that bad of a job, you get a shirt to wear so as long as you wear pants that are decent you can be comfy underneath. It's air conditioned, you get free drinks and the occasional sandwich. You talk to people, try to upsell them/help them if needed. Clean and maintain the store stocked and prepped for next shift and other customers. It's pretty good.
Pros
Free food and drinks, lots of hours if wanted, air conditioned
Cons
No breaks, minimal advancement
Over-worked under-paid
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCAugust 17, 2018
I've worked here for 2 years and I'd recommend it to a friend but only as a temporary option. I've only made it to $9 an hour and have only had 2 raises. I am exceedingly good at my job and get no recognition.
It was a job
Store associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 17, 2018
It was your typical job go in clean keep the store in order and be nice to the customers. Could pay their workers a little more but outside of that its a great job for anyone just looking to make money.
Hostile managers and poor relationships with employees
Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 16, 2018
I for one dreaded going to work. My manager was a man whom on more than one occasion screamed at me, called me a f***ing idiot, caused me to have many emotional breakdowns. Overall my time working at Circle K my friends and family noticed a fast paced decline in my mental, emotional, and physical health. Forcing me to work while running fevers over 99° was only one of the long list of things that made working there a nightmare; on top of fearing my manager like a wounded bunny would fear a hungry coyote.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Verbal abuse.
Good managers , helpful staff, good teaching,
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 16, 2018
Circle k expierence was very nice. The company is big and good. Working was so easy and safe. There were no problems working there. I can refer circle k to anyone.
Pros
Healthcare, pay was good, shifts were adjustable, and there was no problem to work with anything there
Cons
Na
They don't treat employees very well
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 16, 2018
What I learned about Circle K is they treat employees not good, no matter how hard yo work it doesn't matter to them. They let lazy people get away with to much as managers
Pros
Cons
working with customers
Circle K work place.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2018
Worked over night , I had all the clean up to do and stock, while waiting on customers. the manager was nice but got overwhelmed a lot. Working alone was hard at times when you were very busy. I met some really nice people.
Pros
Met some nice people
Cons
worked alone
Pay Suck / Lack of Management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2018
This job could be nice if they pay more then $8hr-$9hr Mgr, Offer Associate Discount/Vacation, & Stop hiring GM/DM that don't know what they're doing.
Pros
They will you a "10k Life Insurance" for free while you employed with the company.
Cons
Only GM & higher gets Vacation, Paid Time off, All Holiday paid, Bonus Every 4 months, Discounts, Etc
Fast work with customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 15, 2018
I learned to be fast and efficient at the cashier since there were rush hours in the morning for coffee. Even with early hours in the morning shift, the regular customers made the job enjoyable. The manager and co-workers all made the experience enjoyable as everyone was able to handle their part during the shifts.
Pros
Free food from the roller grills and fountain drinks.
Cons
Standing long hours.
Horrible Job Horrible Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLAugust 15, 2018
Simply said there is room for advancement but not for a raise in your pay, at least not one that is meaningful in any way. Management is competent but restrained by corporate whims. There is an organised structure for who is to perform which duties but it is impossible to actually follow this structure. Training is almost non-existant and relies on previous employees passing on knowledge but it is rare for an employee to last more than 6 months. In summary low pay, no breaks, no sick pay, expensive medical, and poor training. This is not an ideal position although it is an easy position to obtain.
Worst Place I Ever Worked For...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILAugust 15, 2018
It was a disaster from the start. You are trained in a hostile work environment and are then dropped into your own store and find out that you weren't trained properly for the position you are already in. You get treated terribly and you don't get paid as promised. And these wonderful raises that they advertise are less then a nickel.
Pros
You get to meet some awesome people...
Cons
Everything else...
Fun People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 15, 2018
Typically, our day involves a lot of stocking of cups, lids, and straws as well as ringing up customers that come through. Our store sells an average of 1000 Polar Pops per day, so we go through a lot of cups, lids, and straws. The management team is great and really works with you to make sure you have a schedule that works for you.
Pros
Free refills while you're working
Cons
No real breaks.
Excellent work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 15, 2018
I love this job, it just does not pay enough. My manager was really great, especially understanding me and my needs. He was very excellent at giving me hours while I was pregnant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.4K

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Circle K.

Powered by Comparably