Circle K Employee Reviews

Found 5,477 reviews matching the search See all 5,628 reviews
not bad
circle k- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
it was ok for the most part pretty laid back nothing was to fast paced people were friendly and the days went by fast just couldn't make enough money to survive there
Pros
easy job
Cons
not paid well
terrible company
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 13, 2018
Terrible place to work. You always have to worry about being robbed. upper management sucks. They don't have your back at all. Stay away form this company at all costs.
A decent job run by a poor company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 12, 2018
It's honestly a fun job and the people and employees aren't bad, but management is inconsistent at best and the company overall isn't a good one to work for and clearly doesn't care about the little guy.
Pros
flexible scheduling, fun work environment
Cons
no breaks, no overtime, minimum wage
Very manageable job to have
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 12, 2018
important customer service skills
managers were very self absorbed
hardest part of the job was doing unneccessary work (cleaning fecal matter off bathroom floors) that should have someone specified for that job
flexibility
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSNovember 12, 2018
Circle K has its perks. There are flexible work hours and shifts. It gets very busy around lunch hour if they have a food service area. The gas is always cheap and it last. They have friendly customers as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome people great environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 12, 2018
I only ever had issues with 1 boss, other than that people were great loved my job. Loved the company. I would go back anytime. It was a fun and exciting environment, meet lots of people.
Pros
Meet lots of people, and get free soda.
Cons
Fast paced, stocking involved
Overall, not a bad place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 12, 2018
It's quick and faced paced. There's always something that needs to be done. I enjoy my regular customers coming in to see me on an almost daily basis. It can be a little frustrating because there tends to be a few co-workers who will not do their jobs and just leave them for the next shift.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Pay, benefits, managers
Typical day
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dawson, GANovember 12, 2018
I start by counting the cigarettes, counting lottery. Then counting the cash deposits. Then I also help out the cashier that is there to help with customers.
I loved Circle K! One of the best jobs I’ve ever had.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 12, 2018
I loved Circle K I just think it all depends on location. I started working for Circle K in Indianapolis and transfer to Mississippi. I think when Circle K brought Kangaroo so many Kangaroo employees was mad and really didn’t give it a change. Overall I still love Circle K.
Pros
The mission, healthcare, pay
Cons
Kangaroo
expected more then they paid for
Asst. manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 11, 2018
great management and the company seems to care. seems being the operative word. they expect quite alot of minimum wage employees or i as a manager less then 10 and hour.
Pros
free drinks and great managers
Cons
no breaks
Can be quick paced but not so bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 11, 2018
It’s not a hard job. If the pay was worth it, the turnover rate wouldn’t be so high. Teamwork makes the dream work. But to have to do as much as is required of you to do as well as put up with the staff attitudes, call-ins, and keep a smile on your face is not with it. Honestly. The pay sucks. Can’t afford the insurance on my salary.
High paced, stressful but good company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 11, 2018
I've worked for the company for over 8 years. Being a manager it is very stressful because of the amount of work you have to do with little support. Especially while understaffed and with the hiring process just being changed. Other than that it is a good company to work for.
To much focus on appearance than customer service
Lead CSR (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 11, 2018
I enjoy my customers but company focus is more on appearance and audits than customer service. No teamwork. Friendly manager but poor management. Lack of communication between management and employees.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
No team work
Overall a great job, friendly customers who are like family, amazing management staff, and a great place to grow.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXNovember 11, 2018
Working at circle k has brought me out of my shell, I’m more open to new things, more open to meeting new people, I’ve become more independent. The manager here is wonderful, she’s understand and flexible, but also knows when enough is enough and gets the job done. The assistant managers are just as great, good role models, and even better leaders. Everyone here is a great team player. We support each other and help each other grow.
Circle K
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCNovember 10, 2018
I worked at multiple different stores and each one was it's own unique work environment. Different Managers, Different Store feels, Different Responsibliities and some were feet above the others. It is extremely hard to rate this company as it depends on which state and what store you work for.

The benefits are top notch, full time or part time but other than that ... meh.
Cons
No Lunch Break
Fun people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 10, 2018
Some days the work is hectic and the customers are not so nice but for the most part it's a fun place to work. I am a assistant manager and it takes a lot out of me, working varied shifts.
Work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49015November 10, 2018
If you are interested apply. I do not know the hire process. It is low pay and a lot of work to be done. Be willing to work every weekend. Overall if you are interested just apply.
Interesting and has company picnics and decent benefits
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 9, 2018
The job overall is a decent one and the environment can be very nice. It is easy to create a rapport with regular customers and there is rarely an issue with customers. However there is the occasional robbery, beer run, and the equipment almost consistently breaks down especially depending on the store itself. It can be a bit stressful but it also can have a very relaxed feeling to it.
Stressful enviroment
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 9, 2018
Manager is extremely inexperienced and not willing to go the extra mile. There are too many stores per district manager and the store is ALWAYS extremely short staffed,
Pros
after 1 year you get paid vacations.
Cons
no breaks and long hours.
Very friendly and customer oriented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MENovember 9, 2018
Manager willing to help in any situation if required, team was very friendly , loyal customer basis , I learned how to operate different computer skills,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.4K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight