Circle K Employee Reviews

Found 4,715 reviews matching the search See all 4,833 reviews
Excellent management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Angier, NCJune 19, 2018
The manager is great at what she does. She’s taught me how to handle money and taught me skills that I can use in other work environments and I’m truly honored to be trained beneath her.
Enjoyable, fast paced, and a chance to meet people fromt he community.
Third Shift Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, ALJune 19, 2018
On a whole circle k is a great place to work for. The employees were wonderful to work with. Most of the customers were great. You had those that were not but nothing was ever to bac.
New manager was very bad. He did not know how to talk to any of our customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 19, 2018
The store went down when it changed managers. It was the top sales in the area. It went to the lowest. This happened in a matter of a few months. This was a change that was not necessary.
Pros
It helped me finish college & graduate.
Cons
Low wages & short hours.
Not a happy work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Byron, ILJune 19, 2018
I worked there for 6 months and got promoted. Then after that, management decided to go on vacation, barely any training done was left in charge of everything. Other assistant manager is best friends with manager and market manager. Even when other assistant was on call for days scheduled, she told everyone to call me. I barely had days to myself because everyone always called me for things. And the other assistant manager was getting more money than I am and barely did anything. The stress got to me and caused my sugars to spike and I had to keep calling off. And for the time I was there we went through more than 8 employees.
Cons
Great customers/Great start in the work industry
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 19, 2018
The way you treat others is the way that you will get treated in return. This job will certainly teach you about the many different types of personalities that people exude. It'll teach you a lot about cleanliness, having awesome customer service experience, and being independent.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Being on feet/bad customer personalities
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLJune 19, 2018
Very easy place to work. Great begginibg job. Recommend for any young person. Would work again if pay was hire. Helos to develop social skills. Advancement option.
Pros
Fast
Cons
Low pay
Really good work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 19, 2018
It was a really good work environment was really clean the ppl were nice , we stayed busy we were very polite to customers, the place stayed clean kept it stocked.
Pros
Breaks when you want
Cons
Really busy during
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
Fast paced enviroment,always moving and upbeat. I've learned how to take inventory. The store I worked at was managed by a few different people so it may have varied from day to day. the hardest part of the job was the inconsistent schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Pros
place for advancements
Cons
inconsistent schedule making it hard to have time for my children
Its okay
Third Shift Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHJune 18, 2018
The job is alright but compared to other gas stations in the area the pay is completely abysmal. The labor itself is vert easy. If they had paid more I probably would have stayed.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay
BAD management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILJune 18, 2018
Run. Terrible place to work. REQUIRED to work EVERY holiday. Family time---no. Short staffed. Start at minimum wage no matter how much experience you have. Not worth your time.
Cons
it was an ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 18, 2018
This was a basic job with easy responsibilities
Most of the time you work by yourself
Stocking and Cleaning is involved
Changing outside fuel price sign is involved
Usurus. Disrespectful of emplyees.Expect much but dont train nor pay nor recognize extra effort.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tomball TXJune 18, 2018
This company has no HR department!! Why not? Because they don't want to hear you. This company hates veterans as well as initiative. Also hates constructive critisizim.
. There is no chance of advancement short of being there 30 years and even those people are mean and small minded.
Pros
Cons
No breaks. Large expectations for no pay. Nonexistent management.
Typical Day at Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2018
working in the office, doing paper work, counting money, helping customers, making sure the store was clean and presentable.hard work, making coffee, working on a register...etc
circle k
Bonused Assistant Mananger (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 17, 2018
it's a great company to work for. learn all that you can to to advance. your manager is there to help you with anything you have questions with. your co-workers would be helping you learn everything and feel comfortable.
Pros
great company
Cons
not too much room to advance.
good place to work
crew (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHJune 17, 2018
good place to work with flexible scheduling to an extent. however you have no breaks and you don't get any discounts. environment was fast paced and relaxed. management was alright. you meet a lot of interesting people.
Pros
flexible if you need a day off
Cons
no breaks or discounts
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 17, 2018
Super laid back, just do your job and you won't have any issues. Coworkers and managers ruin it sometimes, but maybe that's just where I worked. Would definitely go back if certain people weren't there.
Fun people
CSR, Overnight Lead, Overnight Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 17, 2018
I love the people I work with, management however chose to stagnate me and dangle a promotion above my head for 6 months before giving to someone else
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management
Not many advancement opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 16, 2018
I enjoy working with the customers but the opportunity to advance to the next level is difficult to get superiors to talk about. I aahve been asking for more than two years with no response.
Great manager
Lead Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJune 16, 2018
Great manager but lazy employees, too many customers being rude and you can’t offend them cause they think they have the right to treat anyone like they want.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 16, 2018
straight to the register count money and can have breakfast but multitask and take care of customers . make sure line doesn't get to packed on you . have good customer service at all times
Pros
free coffee
Cons
30 minutes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K
31.3K

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Circle K.

Powered by Comparably