Circle K Employee Reviews

Temporary
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 25, 2018
It was a temporary employment, very poor pay. Alot of work for the pay. Negative environment false accusations of stealing and blaming others for things not done.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Productive and mostly nice customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 25, 2018
I loved being around and cutting up with people while ringing their items. The hardest part would be changing the bladders for the drink machine. I learned a lot of the computer work and basically how to order stock.
Bad Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 25, 2018
I hated this job! The management was awful.. We were located in the "bad" part of town so it was always someone stealing... Long ridiculous hours. It just an awful place to work..
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too many hours for low pay..
Never boring
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 24, 2018
If you work hard in this company and you have a good manager you'll have plenty of opportunities to move up and can move up as much as you like. It is however a dangerous job constantly worrying about being robbed having issues such as pumps on fire or drug addicts passing out in the bathroom. If you make it up to store manager you will be working 50 plus hours a week. You will be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week . to get any time off it's like jumping through hurdles to accomplish this goal.
Pros
Opportunities to move up if you have a good manager
Cons
No brakes and can be a dangerous job
The only thing management cares about is money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Your typical day working at Circle K is pretty steady in terms of business, it's great because you really do meet a lot of different people and you are exposed to many great opportunities, but you are also often victim of belittlement from angry and apathetic customers. Management only actually care about one thing and that's their money and anything that might affect their money.
Easy job with alot to do.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXSeptember 24, 2018
This job is fast faced so multitasking is required. Fun job if you like meeting new people. Alot of daily tasks. I enjoy working in the different businesses within the building.
Pros
Subway and Taco deli inside
Cons
No breaks
Enjoyed my regular cdl customers
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed the visits from my regular customers. I disliked the rude people but it's a requirement when working with the public. Company was against overtime so if worked 40 hrs in 3 days had 4 days off.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Limited benefits and pay
Fun and enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working there to a certain point. The staff was great at times. Management could have backed me more when it came to correcting staff as to how their job performance was going down hill.
My store manager was great
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 24, 2018
My store manager was great, but upper management micromanaged. other store manager were not very pleasant, and new hires weren't often treated well by upper management. I worked for the company for 2 years and was definitely my favorite job over all other jobs.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Too stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 23, 2018
I worked 2nd shift for 2 weeks here. You work alone, basically doing the work of 2 people, line all the way to the back of the store, arrogant customers. Did not enjoy any part of this job, went home crying most of the time. Managers don't care.
Pros
Cons
Working alone expected to get everything done
Na
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77091September 22, 2018
Unethical and poor Integrity lack of communication, I loved my job but couldn’t take the dishonest things around me the things they would ask there managers to do was crazy
stuck no upward movement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, GASeptember 21, 2018
I was an assistant store manager for 5 yrs under a manager who allowed employees to talk/text on cellphone during work hours. They allowed employees to call in constantly making where i would have to go in and cover shifts or be left alone during my shift when I needed to make bank runs. I was passed over two years in a row because the manager kept forgetting to complete my assessment. When brought up even though I had missed a total of only 4 days in the years she was my managers and made sure the store was always in great shape and clean when I worked. Her and the district manager said there was nothing they could do to help me. I have asked several times for my own store and have been passed over several times.
good, fun workday
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 21, 2018
had good, fun time with co-workers and everyday customers. when by yourself, it can get a little mind boggling but over all it was a good experience enjoyed it.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no lunch break
Working at Circle K
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Trenton, GASeptember 21, 2018
Not what I expected at all. I for one do not like being talked about behind my back that is why the good Lord gave me my face. I would not tell my friends or family about working with this company.
Pros
a weekly pay check
Cons
Being talked about behind my back
Great Place to work
Asst Mgr/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 21, 2018
Oversee a team of 9 people, ordering, scheduling, inventory, vendors, handling deposits, monthly signage and promotions, daily/weekly/monthly paperwork, evaluations, customer service, safety meetings
Horrible work place.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2018
From my experience Circle K is a horrible work place. They don't care if their employees don't have a break in their 8 hour or longer shift. I have worked alone almost every day I've worked there during the most busiest times. I've been guilt tripped into coming in. My hours have been cut for not coming in on my off day.
Pros
Benefits after a year, flexible with the time you need off
Cons
everything
manager unprofessional and
Assisted manager (Current Employee) –  Waveland, MSSeptember 20, 2018
the job is good for someone that isnt looking to elevate in position. This job isnt for a person like me who is after more and more challenges wants higher pay and a promotion.
Pros
open 24 hours
Cons
high turnover rate, poor hourly pay
I learned a lot about money and how the store works
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 20, 2018
It was a very well job I didn’t like that they didn’t have me at one place they had me at multiple stores but other than that it was really good job I would recommend it for others
Pros
Good money
Cons
Less hours
Love the customer engagement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2018
No room for advancement
Lack of concern for employees in high risk area
Very political
3 Managers in under a yr
Attitude Ultimately DOES reflect leadership
Held Multiple Positions
Price Book Coordinator/ Customer Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe,AZSeptember 20, 2018
• Received four promotions throughout my tenure.
• Entered and maintained product and pricing information.
• Ensures completeness and accuracy of data and pricing control forms
Research and analyze pricing and product report and queries.
• Analyze and investigate consumer claims
• Audited and verified property tax reporting.
• Created and modified Oracle Vendor Master.
Pros
Fairly treated and employee driven, onsite CircleK store, drycleaner, day care, Large lunch room w/grill and salad bar, book store, GREAT benefits when I worked there
Cons
Has since merged and relocated -was laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

2.3

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight