Circle K Employee Reviews

31.4K
Found 4,821 reviews matching the search See all 4,948 reviews
N/a
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anza, CAJuly 14, 2018
I would not recommend working here. There was no room for advancement and the employees hardly did any work. I felt like I put all my effort into picking up all the slack left behind.
awesome place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 14, 2018
working at Circle K is not a bad environment to work at, the employee greet the customers with a lot of respect. everybody come to work on time, co-workers have all the task done before the next employee come in, and everybody do there part as a team.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
No discount
Unsafe
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2018
It is a very unsafe environment to work in. They don't train you correctly and when you ask for help the employee gets an attitude with you. They are not protected at all when you are working by your self, nobody is there but you so of something happens there's no help around. Its like being back in high school. Circle K has way to much drama between employees. The employees will try and start fighting in the middle of the store with customers inside the store
Great country community store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dresden, OHJuly 13, 2018
The customers local and new ones always is why I loved working there. Every time I went back between short college semesters. until the original manager for like almost thirty years I believe had to retire cause of her health. then they got a psycho lunatic in there and ran off all the locals and employees and even some of our vendors.
Pros
great customers
Cons
so many but the pros definitely outweighed the cons for a convenience store job
Fun very good productive hard work and good leadership
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2018
I like working there becuase of my boss she makes it wher I can improve on my skills and learn very more skills that got me promoted less than 2 years
Great place to work in a fast pace environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2018
Great place to work in a fast paced environment. The interaction with the customers are special. Working in this type of environment allows you to deal with people on every level good bad and indifferent.
Pros
Flexible hours and weekly pay
Cons
not enough pay
They don’t care about employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJuly 12, 2018
Very bad company They do not care about their employees. They let some employees get away with anything and everything. Other employees that are good employees get terminated for no good reason.
Very interactive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Circle K, but this is definitely not a place to plant your feet for stability. This place is very busy and interactive with customers. As a night shift worker, I was doing more cleaning than customer help, but the customers that did come in were drunk or high on drugs. However, I enjoyed dealing with the people that did come in with a enlightening sense of personality, rather than a rude demeanor and horrible manners. I would have continued to work here, had I not been so poorly trained.
Poor management, turn over rate is ridiculous, and pay isn't worth the hassle of never knowing when you're working.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYJuly 12, 2018
You receive no breaks, only those that you can take when the store is empty or you actually have someone else working with you. The schedule will constantly be changed due to the number of people who will quit during any given week. Good luck being able to make plans and actually be able to keep them.
The management has to be the worst informed and probably the dumbest people on the planet.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor insurance, worse pay.
Perfect for older retirees or high schoolers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2018
This is a good place to work for people who aren't dependent upon the paychecks to pay for life, and have no problems walking away. Anyone else stay away.
Pros
Customers (depending on store location)
Cons
Everything else

Want to know more about Circle K?

Ask a question
Great breakfast and lunch bar
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 12, 2018
Circle K is a fun place to work because you get to meet new people from all over the place. The store has great products. The only problem working at Circle K is the pay. There is a lot of work for a small amount of pay.
Pros
great products
Cons
not enough pay
Laid back work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2018
Work at your pace but have a scheduled time to be finished. You also work independently or with one other worker. The most joy i got from the job was the customers and the regulars. They always were pleasant and open. The regulars were like family and always looked out for the store.
Hands down best job while I was in school, super flexible schedule, best customers
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZJuly 12, 2018
I worked for circle k for almost two years and it was the best experience I’ve had thus far. I’m going to school for psychology and the customers from every which place allowed me to reflect school to reality. There was great communication between staff and managers. Everyone worked as a team!
trabajo sencillo
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  75 ave mcdowellJuly 11, 2018
esta bien solo basico y sencillo pero ahi mejores trabajos
an ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 11, 2018
if your looking for a part time job this is the place the work is easy management is ok and the option to advance is there i would have way recommend this job to others
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2018
Would not recommend as a career. Overnight shifts can be dangerous. Policies are for the protection of Corporate image and not for safety of employees.
.None
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 11, 2018
Always having trouble hiring dependable help. Working double shifts is a given. The job itself is pretty easy for me, but considering the hours invested - make less than minimum wage. Hope this helps.
Run Away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 11, 2018
I worked here for longer than I probably should have stuck it out. Management at my particular store was constantly changing until it was to the point that I was doing part of managements job minus the title and pay. They also overworked everyone: "If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean." It was not uncommon to get phone calls on every single one of my off days to come in (declining was an 'unofficial' black spot on your record). Management was never present on any shift but the morning shift every day. When I moved to the night/graveyard shift, it went from two people being there the whole night to two people for the first 3 or 4 hours helping the one that stays for the full shift and then just one person all night; Day shifts were also skewed due to budget cuts. Every new manager would start to "clean house" and threaten to fire you for so much as taking a seat for a few minutes each shift. There were also times my coworkers and I had to provide cleaning supplies out of our own pockets. I don't know if corporate has cleaned house and changed regulations since but I hope so.
Pros
It was a paying job
Cons
No breaks, never enough staff, poor management, raises were inconsistent
Circle k csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAJuly 11, 2018
Very fast paced and all about multitasking. Also you have to sweep, mop,stock, and cashing customers out and help them with anything they needed. Had to sweep parking lot and take out the trash as well.
Fun productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2018
As long as you taking care of the customers and making sure the store stayed clean and stocked you shouldn't have anything to worry about it's a very easy task to do it's always something for you to do
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Circle K.

Powered by Comparably