Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

omg
Cashier/ runner (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 28, 2019
this place amazes you. different types of jobs to do. like food and drink, vip lounge, bar. every up beat place. overall happy and clean friendly place.
I would have loved to work there for years!
Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2019
I was offered a temporary job with CDS, after the Route 91 mass shooting in Las Vegas, NV. I had wanted to be a part of Cirque since I saw it as a child, so this was at first a "dream come true" job!

To work in ticketing you had to learn things very quickly, and the training was all on the fly. There was little job aids and references, you had to take your own paper notes and copy them into documents otherwise it would just take too long to keep up.

I did well, apparently more than other recent new hires, so much so that I earned my own extension on the Group Sales phone line (which had not been achieved by others who had tried before me, so it was said). This was very exciting to me, until one of my co-workers said "he's gonna replace you" (this was before I came out as transfeminine).

After that was said, the attitude towards me changed and it was uncomfortable. This culminated in two other co-workers on a weekend when the manager was gone and they basically bullied me into doing an order I wasn't trained to do yet - later the manager told me that it was done wrong, and I explained what happened and she agreed that was wrong of them to pressure me that way and force me to make a mistake.

Unfortunately, the impact of the error I was tricked into making was enough to get me fired. I was devastated, and shortly after moved away from Las Vegas and Southern California.

I learned from this job, that I don't want to do phone + CPU customer service jobs anymore and I would like to be in store-front retail full time. That is originally what I wanted to do for Cirque
  more... when I moved to Vegas, but ended up having a bad time in the ticketing department which is basically inbound customer service/group ticket booking.

They warmly welcomed me, and showed me the potential of what I can achieve. I am thankful for this experience, and it is most unfortunate how it ended.
Pros
Give-aways of Cirque merchandise, casual dress, occasional free tickets to Las Vegas shows, free food and company events
Cons
Little to no training, minimal job aids / reference materials, cliquish and ruthlessly competitive employee culture, would rather fire new talent than resolve their concerns
Great company for elite athletes
Acrobat/Dancer (Former Employee) –  Las VegasNovember 16, 2018
You have to be smart to work in this company because it will be always lazy artist who will encourage to work hard and do their job for less money. Do not over doing because if you get injury they will fire you without compensation unless you have US/Canada passport.
Great place to work if you want to travel
PREP COOK (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2018
Great place to work if you want to travel, this is a cirus that travels around the united states, they pay great and they are an awesome place to work for if you want to follow them around the country.
Productive fun and it s great place to work
Prep and Line cook (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYOctober 18, 2018
Welll I learned a lot over there it was a short contract but I loved it
and I also enjoyed it it is such a nice place to work.
the pay is great.
The chef is cool and woaww.
Pros
Free Lunches can eat what ever you want
Cons
We do have break it is up to your body how you feeling.
Temp job in Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2018
Fun atmosphere for the customer but as with any customer service position on a tight schedule for an audience lots of scrutiny on performance with managers that worked at different levels. Some good experiences , some not so good. Always tried to keep upbeat.
Pros
Good show, chance to interface with the public in customer service role
Cons
Managers had to handle a bunch of sometimes unqualified temp employees, doing customer service which made it difficult, Multiple managers had different directions almost at the same times.
Very exciting. Get to work with a very diverse crew
Usher/f&b\merchandise/ticket taker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2018
I am completely ok with working conditions. They are a very customer orientated company. They treat their employees very well. The hours are good. Its quite an experience if youve never seen their shows.
Great way to spend the summer
Usher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2018
Very fun experience and it was a very upbeat job to have. It was very fast paced and shifts went by very fast. Every day was different and you never knew what to expect when working in the tent.
Great Company to work for.
Wardrobe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 5, 2018
In my opinion Cirque du Soleil is the best entertainment company to work for. They treat their employees well, they pay well and they really take care of them.
It was an amazing experience!
Cashier/Runner/Hawker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2018
One of the best jobs I have been a part of hands down as far as entertainment is concerned. I was able to use prior experience to fulfill most if not all positions I performed.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Tecnico espectaculo (Former Employee) –  Tour, Europa y Sud AmericaAugust 14, 2018
Empresa con gran posibilidad de promocion. Posibilidad de hacer cursos. Buenas condiciones laborales. Trabajo interesante.
Pros
Seguro medico, promocion, condiciones laborales
Cons
en constante movimiento (tour)
Nice experience. Highly recommend.
Food And Beverage/Customer Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAAugust 7, 2018
Cirque was a nice place to work at. But boy oh boy do people love to gossip so watch who you make friends with coworker wise and respect Team leads. It's nice you can see the show for free with your coworkers or with family/friends if you manage to get a free ticket or two for them. Besides the gossipy people there I enjoyed my time at Cirque because at the end of the day my paycheck was GREAT. Loved getting paid weekly.
Pros
Vending Machines in the tents we can use during break, sometimes free food. Also at times they'd sell us left over concession food like hot dogs, pretzels and cotton candy.
Cons
If it's the summer make sure to have a water bottle on you, cash as back up for the vending machine if it doesn't take card
The company was wonderful to work for but I was going nowhere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2018
Cirque had an annual Christmas party for all employees and it was so much fun to participate in. Working retail I never saw an opportunity for advancement. Enjoyable working environment
super upbeat, friendly, and goofy environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 8, 2018
although it is a fast paced job, there are supervisors at every counter making sure everyone is okay and they aren't too stressed out. if something goes wrong or the cash drawer won't open, the supervisor is right there to help you and get it open without wasting too much time. they always have the same songs playing for their show and once you learn the music all of the employees being to sing and dance along on our breaks making work seem not so stressful. everybody working for Cirque is very outgoing with crazy hair color, and colorful tattoos and they aren't afraid to be themselves. I'm very thankful to have had the opportunity to work for Cirque. if it was a permanent location I would still be working for them.
Pros
meet amazing people and always know you're going to have a great day at work
Cons
can be stressful when show nearly sold out
Great workplace, great pay, poor management, poor structure
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2018
Contribution and hard work will not be recognized by upper management.

Overall, great co-workers and employees and good pay but poor management and poor structure.
Pros
Benefits, Work Incentives, High Pay, Free Shows, Discounts, Culture
Cons
Upper Management, Lack of Structure, High Turnover (especially in management)
great place
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
you watch the show every day for free
you handle guests and deal with there concerns
easy job, easy life
the most enjoyable thing about the job is that you get to see boobies fly in the air in the most fantastical cirque du soleil experience EVER.
Pros
free lunch, easy
Cons
dead inside
fun job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2018
a typical day at work involved setting up for the day. Working the concession stand. Serving food to customers and working the register.It was a fun place to work
Pros
fun job
The workplace was amazing
Merchandising/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2018
My typical day at the job was overstocking the merchandise until the costumers come in into the yellow tent. Then I either get picked to either be a cashier or greeter. If i am a greeter you have to show off the merchandise if your the cashier you working with either cash or either cards. The management were awesome and kind, and very professional. The hardest part for me was when I had to deal with the money, but I learned very easily. My most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
The people were amazing, meeting new people
Fun to join the circus.
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAMarch 26, 2018
I worked for the circus.....part-time. This was an experience that you hear about only in folklore and past cultural references of American culture. How many people nowadays can say that?
Pros
Just a fun experience and you get to see the show for free.
Cons
It was only a temporary location as the circus does travel.
Greatest experience I had in working for retail.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaMarch 10, 2018
Cirque was a unique experience and I loved the people the shows, I would still work there if I didn’t move out of state. As a cirque employee you get rewarded for lasting achievements 1yr, 5yrs 10 years ect. and free passes to their shows.
Pros
Access to Disney parks when they were part of Disney’s Springs
Cons
Part timers didn’t get benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirque du Soleil. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5