Cirrus Aircraft Employee Reviews

Cirrus Employee in Admin (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 19, 2019
Long time Cirrus employee that has worked in many different positions in the company. Started on the manufacturing floor and worked into many different jobs. Some leadership and some individual contributor. Super excited of the opportunities ahead of us!
Pros
Oportunity to grow, pay, work/life.
Cons
Still a growing company
Productive place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 28, 2019
People worked together nicely. Always listened to what you had to say. Very enjoyable place to work with great benefits. I learned alot. It made me grow as a person.
Benefits
Cons
Technician and Aircraft Builder (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 20, 2018
I worked at Cirrus and they treated me very well. I worked all shifts and they were fexable to change shifts. I would reccomend this job for anyone who is a hard worker.
Pros
hours, chance to get overtime, good management, rewarding
Cons
it is hard work, but worth it
Great Company
Plycutter (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 16, 2018
Great company to work for. I truly enjoyed contributing to this companies mission of providing the worlds best aviation experience possible. The people I worked with were helpful and pleasant to work with.
Overall, acceptable. Lack of recognition or advancement.
Repair Specialist Q.C (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 27, 2018
My initial experience at Cirrus was positive. I have worked here for nearly two years and have since changed my mind to an overall negative experience
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No job-life balance, managemental preference to certain employees.
Na
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 22, 2018
Not a friendly environment when it comes to supervisors. Its a "good ole boy club" system. If your not part of that club, you are a nobody who is replaceable.
Pros
Its full time
Cons
Poor work environment
very demanding
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 19, 2018
typical days at cirrus were very long and stressful at times. i learned how to work best in teams and how to work in a stressful environment. direct management was very poor. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work closely with other team members.
Good company to work for, choose your position wisely
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 12, 2018
Not a terrible place to work. The people are very friendly and nice Shifts are 5am-330pm or 330pm-2am. I had the night shift, not the best time at all. Night shift was never really included in with the rest of the employees. 90% of employees are on day shift. Easy easy work but hard on the wrists, shoulders, ankles, and feet. standing on concrete all day. bending over tools. Good job , just not for me.
Pros
Benefits, 2 paid 15 min breaks, compensation
Cons
hard on the body, hours
Good job
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Duluth MNOctober 10, 2018
Cirrus overall is a very good employer. However the work becomes extremely repetitive and opportunities for advancement are very limited in the quality department.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Repetitive
Great company but hampered by poor management decisions.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 9, 2018
Working at Cirrus is a good experience. But because of poor decisions by some of the management personnel, it created an unnecessarily chaotic and stressful work environment. The result is loss of productivity and missing targets. It is not a recipe for success. I really like the company and the aircraft it produces are fantastic. I just wish that leadership was better. I think that working there could be so much better if leadership understood some aspects of the business better.
Pros
Good benefits. Working with the best and most modern personal aircraft.
Cons
Chaotic environment. Stress. Loss of productivity.
battle zone
Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 7, 2018
Everyday I go to work wondering if this will be the day my Supervisor will find away to fire me. Me and many people have gone to HR about this but we all have come to find out the system is there to cover the companies rear end and all they care about is putting a band on so the planes keep moving.
Pros
they pay in American dollars and provide fresh coffee.
Cons
the place is ran off the school yard bully syndrome.
Potential to be great, but missed ...
Assembly & Bonding (Current Employee) –  Hermantown, MNJuly 28, 2018
Working 4-10's with Fri generally off. You work up to sick time and vacation, but if line shuts down they force you to use your acquired time, you planned for a family vacation, too bad.
Pay is low for high pressure, no failure, aerospace position, which does not provide for living standards in the area, many take a part time second job to meet bills.
Leadership is forward looking, but lacks the knowledge of the lines to anticipate issues, whereas daily trial and error is the approach and every unit is repaired and altered, sad for a million dollar item.
There is little department advancement and most find advancement by leaving. 50% are not happy and actively looking for a better pay day and leaving. When I first started there where great quality co-workers coming in, now there are so few that apply and those that come into the line are just workers.
If someone would care to understand that there is a limited pool of quality workers in this area and that with a little more pay and attention they have the potential to be a great place to work.
Pros
Good facility, location, product
Cons
Poor leadership, Hr, pay, vacation, worst of all bad hand tools
Productive work place
Plycutter (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJuly 19, 2018
It was a decent job while it lasted the benefits were good hrs worked well with my day to day schedule , some times they would stress us out about production being behind but that easy to bad
Pros
Winning trips and prizes
Cons
Short breaks
Stressfull, and fast paced work environment
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 11, 2018
A typical day on a three day tact starts out very fast for the first two days. Day three is the down fall. 5 hours of sitting around with nothing to do.
The management is only looking out for their best interest and anything that helps make the company money.
Work place culture is very energetic, everyone gets along great and there is a common bond with every one.
The hardest part of the job is the slow advancement and the slow days.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to meet and work with that you just click with.
Pros
Almost always guaranteed OT
Cons
Unpaid lunch, stressfull environment, poor advancement, poor management
Decent. Lower wage though
Assembly Technician II (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 22, 2018
Need to evaluate the way they pay their employees, and lower the requirements for advancement opportunities. Overall good company to learn and grow. Easy to learn and fun to build planes
Fun and interesting work.
Lab Technician in the Materials and Processes Lab (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN 55811June 11, 2018
Fun and interesting work in the Lab. I've had some terrific bosses and was paid well. I didn't have to be on the "production line". I did a huge variety of things on a daily basis. I learned a lot about machinery and testing materials.
Pros
good pay, interesting work
Cons
inequality and favoritism
Fun place to work treat employee as family.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 5, 2018
They are productive and they do team work, they are fun loving people, and work in a fast paced. working at cirrus aircraft is good. Working at cirrus Aircraft they treat the employee as family.
Pros
two fifteen mins breaks and one thirty
Cons
no free lunch
N/a
Interior jets (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 4, 2018
You defiantly need a fast pace it's stressful and blue prints always change as well as parts ,the manager ment need to communicate better with each other
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Great individuals to work with.
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 11, 2018
Cirrus is a great place to work with great benefits including Flying Club. Very good work environment. Great area to live if you like outdoors, hiking, camping, fishing.
Pros
Benefits-cheapest flying you'll find in most advanced aircraft.
Cons
You have to like the area.
Breaking new ground
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 1, 2018
Cirrus has been around for quite some time and are in the prodess of transiting a new product into an old manufacturing system. Employees should be ready for change in the face of traditional processes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirrus Aircraft. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Cirrus Aircraft Reviews by Location