Cirrus Aircraft Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company but hampered by poor management decisions.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 9, 2018
Working at Cirrus is a good experience. But because of poor decisions by some of the management personnel, it created an unnecessarily chaotic and stressful work environment. The result is loss of productivity and missing targets. It is not a recipe for success. I really like the company and the aircraft it produces are fantastic. I just wish that leadership was better. I think that working there could be so much better if leadership understood some aspects of the business better.
Pros
Good benefits. Working with the best and most modern personal aircraft.
Cons
Chaotic environment. Stress. Loss of productivity.
battle zone
Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 7, 2018
Everyday I go to work wondering if this will be the day my Supervisor will find away to fire me. Me and many people have gone to HR about this but we all have come to find out the system is there to cover the companies rear end and all they care about is putting a band on so the planes keep moving.
Pros
they pay in American dollars and provide fresh coffee.
Cons
the place is ran off the school yard bully syndrome.
Productive work place
Plycutter (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJuly 19, 2018
It was a decent job while it lasted the benefits were good hrs worked well with my day to day schedule , some times they would stress us out about production being behind but that easy to bad
Pros
Winning trips and prizes
Cons
Short breaks
Decent. Lower wage though
Assembly Technician II (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 22, 2018
Need to evaluate the way they pay their employees, and lower the requirements for advancement opportunities. Overall good company to learn and grow. Easy to learn and fun to build planes
Fun and interesting work.
Lab Technician in the Materials and Processes Lab (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN 55811June 11, 2018
Fun and interesting work in the Lab. I've had some terrific bosses and was paid well. I didn't have to be on the "production line". I did a huge variety of things on a daily basis. I learned a lot about machinery and testing materials.
Pros
good pay, interesting work
Cons
inequality and favoritism
Fun place to work treat employee as family.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 5, 2018
They are productive and they do team work, they are fun loving people, and work in a fast paced. working at cirrus aircraft is good. Working at cirrus Aircraft they treat the employee as family.
Pros
two fifteen mins breaks and one thirty
Cons
no free lunch
N/a
Interior jets (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 4, 2018
You defiantly need a fast pace it's stressful and blue prints always change as well as parts ,the manager ment need to communicate better with each other
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Great individuals to work with.
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 11, 2018
Cirrus is a great place to work with great benefits including Flying Club. Very good work environment. Great area to live if you like outdoors, hiking, camping, fishing.
Pros
Benefits-cheapest flying you'll find in most advanced aircraft.
Cons
You have to like the area.
Breaking new ground
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 1, 2018
Cirrus has been around for quite some time and are in the prodess of transiting a new product into an old manufacturing system. Employees should be ready for change in the face of traditional processes.
pure garbage
Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 16, 2018
when i first started at cirrus aircraft i wanted to love it but throughout the days excitement wore off and everyday was a little bit worse than the last early on overtime? heck yes sign me up after about 3 months i was racing to the door with everyone else making excuses as to why i couldnt work overtime and the last straw for me was when one of the supervisors said during a morning meeting "every single one of you are replaceable" made me realize just how little the people mean to the company.
Fun Employees, Not Management
Composite Repair Specialist/Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 25, 2018
Management was poor there. The coworkers were great, fun and amazing. Trying to get things done in a time manner were poor. Was constantly getting put on new and different task without completely the current one you were working on.
Pros
Employees
OK but not great
Composite Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hermantown, MNFebruary 12, 2018
They are an ok place to work for but the management isn't great. A lot of the employees are basically right out of high school and a couple of days a week you have to stay late because people lose tools.
People are nice, management not so great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Minnesota nice work great for this company. While management care more about their career and benefit than the company and employee's wellbeing. Good discount to learn to be a pilot.
Lots of mandatory OT
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 21, 2017
At first Fridays were optional. Now they are mandatory and write you up if you need time off. I dont recommend this place if you have children, or want any time during the week to socialize because after your 10.5+ hr shift your are exhausted. Average work week is 50 hrs. Not being well staffed is an issue. Management seems to be chosen by friendships and who knows who. Not whose most qualified. The weekly part goals are impossible to beat in four days so no matter how hard you work, you dont get your fridays off. I had a lot of pride starting out there. Moral slipped with new management choices and lack of advancement options. Its a decent rebound job if you need to make quick cash. High turnover.
Pros
Hard working coworkers, team atmosphere
Cons
Hours, unbeatable goals, management
not a nice place
Assembler-Jet Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 10, 2017
was a most unpleasant place to work had a very useless supervisor and people to help you learn the job from were unfriendly and vulgar. clean but treated you like you were a piece of scum
Used to be a great place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 1, 2017
The job was interesting. I enjoyed the work most of the time. A lot of good people there but also some not so great people. There's a high turnover rate there which I think speaks for itself.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Some management
Decent place to work with decent benefits
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 28, 2017
It was nice to work in a manufacturing place with so many other women. It felt like a very safe environment - mentally and physically. The benefits were good.
Pros
Occasional bonus days off, plenty of break time during a shift, good benefits
Cons
Plant closure's requiring vacation time
work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 24, 2017
They are just OK, the pay does not pay the rent to live in Duluth for most of the labor force. Management is average pay at best. They promote family well where bonus are free lunches. For a major company in Duluth, their involvement with any arts, non profits or cultural events in the Duluth area is non-existences.
Pros
they train well, with good overview
Cons
not enough staff, no bonuses for most workers.
Not a bad place to start a work career, but should be better.
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 4, 2017
Fantastic people with a fairly clean work environment. Not bad hours, but the pay could be better. high employee turnover and the health insurance could be much better. Fun job to watch people building jets and plains. Seems to be a lot of managers, directors and V. P.'s for the size of the operation. I would recommend the place if you are starting out, or on the rebound.
Pros
People and culture.
Cons
Insuranse and wages.
Cirrus
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 25, 2017
Everyone is friendly and hard working. Is very dusty in the shop do to all the sanding we do. You have to work very fast. We had 6 hour tack time to finish are work
Pros
good pay and fun
Cons
it can get very hard sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirrus Aircraft. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight