CIS Group Employee Reviews

Loved working at CIS Group
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 18, 2018
Had a family emergency that put me out of work for 3 weeks, If i could i would go back to CIS Group. I do miss it but life happens. It was very laid back and everyone was so nice.
Worked at home
Home Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2018
A typical day of work starts at 8 am, traveling about 150 miles a day, taking pictures of homes and discrepancies of homes, if any.

After returning home, downloading marked photos for a file, and then submitting the files to the home office.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
your work que gets backed up from time to time
Great company
Inside Adjuster/ AAA Insurance (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2018
This company looks out for its employees! Great work environment and they assist you well. Workplace culture is very different from most insurance companies. Great opportunity
declining company
Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 31, 2018
At first this company was outstanding. over the years many management changes. quality of management declined until they ere unable to keep the companies they serve and the vendors that are their backbone working together. they lost some major companies because of the managers.
Pros
self employed
Cons
poor management
It is a nice place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 16, 2018
This was a temporary position for me, the Company does not
promote well. It takes a long time to get a promotion. I liked all of the Managers. Upper Management not so much.
Pros
Fun environment and Great Managers.
Cons
Slow promotions (getting hired or promoted to another position).
Property Preservation/ Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 7, 2018
It was OK! Thats really all i can say about the company. Lack of communication at head quarters office. But i did enjoy the job itself. The every day job itself was pretty cool. Going property to property inspecting was pretty cool. I did enjoy that. I just wish the pay was a little better but I enjoyed it.
Great family owned company
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 14, 2017
Best job I ever worked at everybody is great kind and friendly its like one big family here everyone works for one command goal thats to keep the customers happy
Male centric, a lot of nepotism
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 27, 2017
There is a lot of nepotism within this company. No reviews or raises. Information was rarely shared. I was laid off because I was making more money than my less experienced peers.
Poor Company
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  NEw EnglandAugust 7, 2017
Company is not run well. We still do inspections for them, 7 years later, no changes, no improvements. They want faster turnaround and less pay. Have even reduced pay on us. They don't care about anyone except themselves. If you push back, they will just let you go. There is no relationship what so ever. They will tell you anything to keep you on board and keep quiet until they find someone to replace you, then you're gone. Don't trust them.
An ok company
Insurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 13, 2017
Lots of turn over, management changes often. They often ask you to pick up the slack in other territories, however when you need help, they help you with your territory as well. Over all an ok company.
Fantastic place to begin or continue work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I worked for the customer service call center for almost three years. Had a great experience being part of the call center team, as well as being part of the company; began my time there making inbound and outbound calls with other employees for different clients until I was well-seasoned with the purpose and product of the company, and started taking part in other projects. The company was very flexible with me and other workers in the call center if we ever had emergencies or if the weather conditions ever presented personal risks. Usually relaxed environment, even in times of heavy workload. Accessible management staff. I learned a lot about my own potential and took interest in learning about the insurance industry and potentially continuing a career in this field.
Pros
Great work culture; flexible PTO usage after full-time employment
Cons
Call center only in one location
Calm and easy paced work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Work place is calm and easy going, sometimes you work with someone most the time your working alone. Supervisors do their best to keep you at same work location and will ask you to cover other locations if needed.
Pros
Slow paced, flexible work schedule
Cons
Not quite the Yugo of insurance field service companies but working hard to get there
field reporter (Former Employee) –  west coast, usaJune 4, 2015
No improvement for past 7 years in fee schedule.
Increasing requirements and shorter turn times for same fee is common practice.
Inadequate support.
Inaccurate field forms.
Condescending attitude towards field reporters.
Lack of attention to detail on their part but demands detail from field reporters.
Appears to say what is needed to get new client, but has record of inadequate preparation and loses accounts.
Be prepared to continually put out money for new equipment for ideas that have a record of not working out.
Check out reviews of Mueller Services to get a comparable idea of CIS Group.
Pros
independent - flexible schedule
Cons
this is not the Cadillac of insurance field service companies
Great starting point
Insurance Replacement Cost Estimator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 2, 2015
Got to learn about insurance agency regulations and work closely with adjustors. Meet with clients and appraise their homes value. Learn software to appraise home value. Used go to meeting to learn how to use software
Very flexible but not always reliable work load.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  It was an online company.October 14, 2014
In a typical work day I would complete 10-20 reports including diagrams. I learned a little about new software and about time management. I would say that the hardest part of this job was working at home. I do enjoy working around other people. That being said, the fact that I did work from home gave me a lot of freedoms and flexibility that I may not have otherwise had.
Pros
Flexibility, working at my own pace
Cons
Not great on pay, home distractions and interruptions, not being around people.
Productive workplace
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 8, 2014
A typical work day at CIS Group consisted of answering and receiving calls from customers, while entering their information into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Management was very supportive and always there when needed. My co-workers were very helpful and always willing to offer their assistance. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry costumers on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting my assignments done on time and leaving work feeling accomplished.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, food in the break room.
Cons
Long work days.