Cisco Meraki
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Cisco Meraki Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
While working for Meraki seems amazing, it is truly a grass is greener situation. Upper management in departments is a joke and constantly shove empty promises your way instead of actually fixing the situation. There is always the passing of the buck and putting the blame on big Cisco rather than taking accountability for the issues. Middle management is untrained and typically does not have management experience.
Pros
Free lunch, Espp, SF is dog friendly
Cons
No pay parity, no advancement, only SF is dog friendly
A typical day was showing up and working on some problem. Getting lunch with coworkers and then working a bit more. Taking a coffee break then doing some more coding until it was time to hang out after work and play board games.
Overall the company is great. The Only issue is contracted employees that work with Cisco / Meraki do Not receive yearly raises for about 5-6 yrs or more.
Too much stress for the salary given, this exactly the job that you will feel that you are just a number there and will be replaced in a heartbeat.
San Francisco is super expensive city and they don’t offer annual salary adjustments. Some old managers has mental issues.
The office and overall workplace is fun and creative, although there aren't equal chances for promotion and the compensation is very low compared to market value for many roles. The perks, such as catering, has been mediocre for years with no change.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
So I was only an intern while I was at Meraki, but in that time I think I got a good look at the overall culture of the company.

In general, everyone seemed pretty friendly and open to helping one another. There were different groups of people who got together (basically like clubs in high school and college). I always felt like the people I talked to were willing to help me, whether it was my fellow interns or full-time employees who had stopped by. I even got to know a few to the point where I could ask how their family was or how date night with the wife went.

I briefly looked at the benefits, and they seemed like something I would find appealing if I had been looking for full-time work when I applied. Unfortunately, as an intern, none of it applied to me so I didn't get into too much detail.
Pros
Free lunch, helpful coworkers
Cons
Completely open work spaces (NOBODY has an office of their own)
Meraki was my first work position outside of academia. It was nothing like I expected from a billion dollar industry, and I mean that in a good way. Everyone I met in the company (on or off my team) were friendly and helpful. Everybody was willing to help one another and push toward success.

Management was tough but fair, good food (gets tiresome after a while) and great scenery (sits right on the bay).
Pros
dog friendly, free food, lateral job movement, great for interns looking to gain new skills
Cons
tedious meetings, not much autonomy for interns, food gets boring really quickly
No cons left for a better alignment for my industry. Great people great perks..location challenging to get too. new stadium may make it more of challenge to get to and from work
Meraki is a fast-growing company with substantial growth potential. Simplicity and cloud managed services is where it is at!

Located in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, there is always something to do in the city.
gained a lot of knowledge on networking as there is always something new to learn every single day. The atmosphere is a great place to work in and makes you enjoy your work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Excellent work-life experience provided for on a daily basis. Much consideration is given to longer-term planning for each employee. Generous benefits and overall, employees are valued. Career advancement is largely unclear.
If you love WiFi or work in IT, there is no better place to work than Cisco Meraki. It's not easy to get hired, but it is much harder to leave! The people are all great, the perks are top notch, and the product is the fastest growing within the entire company and market.
I would recommend working at Meraki to any of my friends and colleagues. It's a great place for career advancement and growth. Also, they hire great people so it's a pretty fun place to call your job.
Meraki is a company is makes a lot effect in make their employees happy. Dues to the fact that the office is far from all the restaurants, all employees had to stay and eat at the office. The food used to be good, but it quality has drop recently. Changing teams in company is hard. co-workers are super friendly and willing to help.
Pros
free food, free snacks, free gym, cool office.
Cons
life work balance is non-existence. a lot of people worked until 8 or 9pm everyday.
This is a place that really values its employees and culture is #1. It is hard to grow a company if your employees are not all in and really believe in the company's values and future growth.
Pros
Best place I have been apart of, I recommend this company to anyone who is big on culture, and enjoys working with their teams inside and out of the office.