Cisco Systems

United States4,200 reviews

Found 4,200 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,178 reviews
technologylayoffbalanceculturenetworkengineercontractorworklife

Hard Work but Great Rewards

Great company. Cisco is dedicated to transormation and there have been victims along the way. Most are well taken care of. There is great respect for employees.

Productive and Fun!

Best company I've ever worked for! Great pay, tons of opportunity for advancement. If you're a team player interested in an awesome work environment, this is the company for you!

Cisco Systems insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Can be amazing if you have a good manager and team

It all depend son what team and manager you have. When I joined I had a really good manager who was really supportive and focused on team cohesion. Unforinately they left and the new manager had a completely different styles more like mirco manging. Ultimately this persisted unti I left the company.

The culture-people are willing to share their unique knowledge there are some extremely talented that one can learn from

I retired from Cisco 2 years ago after working 25 years there. I was very happy in my work. I was compensated well, I advanced because people believed in me and gave me many challenges. If you are any age Cisco will enjoy you and cultivate your knowledge

Contractors are not valued. But great place to work at.

Cisco has great products and solutions; making working there extremely fun. Depending on the team you are on, co-workers are good as well.However, if you are a contractor, you will be treated differently and there are no job security for you.

Good for experienced people

Great place for experienced people. They work in the core of networking. When I was In Cisco worked on user space applications. The culture is great.

Fast pace work environment

Start-up it isn't.Big hierachyGood, solid product and knowledgeable teamGood boss and great place to learn.The pay is generally very good. Lots of opportunity for growth if you seek it out.

Pros

Free snacks, solid healthcare options

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Leading the 1200 people that i helped mentor and grow in their roles.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?unnecessary politics that makes people walk on egg shells.

Run for your life

horrible place to work. Management sucked, training sucked, no support from managment for unfair treatment of employees. If you are liked and a snitch you will fit in fine. but if you work and try to mind your business it is a problem

Collaborative Environment - No Micromanagement - No stability

You could be hitting your numbers and making many positive contributions yet still find yourself on the chopping block. IT can give up on you in an instant, particularly if the markets in the US and overseas see shocks. Its good you get to work from home, but management will almost always keep your work sidelined rather than highlighted.

great work life balance

great work life balance, lot of opportunities for learning new technologies and business processes on various projects, great work location, benefits.

Good learning resources

The good thing about Cisco is they have a diversity of learning resources for employees and very generous in helping employees grow. Not a bad place to start early career.

What is the best part of working at the company?Good team to work with.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress, as I've delivered my architecture, design, and development tasks always ahead of time.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Team friendly, manager allows to take initiatives, and ensures those initiatives are delivered, i.e. time well spent.

Ability to focus on the program or project as a team effort.

It was well run, and people worked long hours just to get their jobs done when necessary. The work environment was positive. I loved the company, and retired from it.

Pros

Interaction senior management

Cons

Not enough time to seek new thoughts and practices.

Very good company for IT professionals

Very cool place to work and learn the most about IT. Very flexible work environment. Every day can be a learning experience. You are always put to a challenge and your ability to use your knowledge.

Excellent Company

Cisco culture and Cisco people make this company the best place to work. Work from everywhere, flexibility, benefits, day for you (to recharge) on top of your days off.

Flexibility - the ability to balance work and personal life

Flexibility and be able to balance work and personal life. Overall, the work is very demanding, however, the company provides all the tools and support that is needed in order to achieve organizational and business goals. The culture is very diverse, but the people are very respectful and helpful. The work environment is very stressful; however, the company compensates each employee with vacations and monetary rewards.

Excellent Work Life/Balance

Great company to work at. Fully remote contract employee with a lot of flexibility on hours. Sometimes I feel lost amongst the crowd and not seen as it is a very large company and not sure management knows what I do. I am learning new skills all the time.

Pros

Great learning environment, excellent work/life balance and workplace culture

Cons

Pay is below competitors

Just a job

Good days. bad days - neither the best or the worst place to work. Too many daily meetings and too many processes make it difficult to get simple task done.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

too many meetings daily

US Virtual Sales has a culture of toxic positivity

Love being in a positive growth mindset culture but here you have to actively show you are MORE than positive ALL the time or you are considered and labeled as being negative. Heaven help you if you don't use smiley emojis in your IMs. It has gotten to the point of toxic positivity in the last year.

Hostile Workplace

Incompetent management intentionally fosters an environment of tattling and blaming, and lies on reviews when they want to cut costs without having to be accountable for layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cisco Systems.
Powered byComparably

Compare Cisco Systems with

Studying at Cisco Systems

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Cisco Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?