Cisco Systems

United States4,183 reviews

Found 4,183 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,158 reviews
technologylayoffbalanceculturenetworkengineercontractorworklife

Hard Work but Great Rewards

Great company. Cisco is dedicated to transormation and there have been victims along the way. Most are well taken care of. There is great respect for employees.

US Virtual Sales has a culture of toxic positivity

Love being in a positive growth mindset culture but here you have to actively show you are MORE than positive ALL the time or you are considered and labeled as being negative. Heaven help you if you don't use smiley emojis in your IMs. It has gotten to the point of toxic positivity in the last year.

Cisco Systems insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Hostile Workplace

Incompetent management intentionally fosters an environment of tattling and blaming, and lies on reviews when they want to cut costs without having to be accountable for layoffs

Flexible work hours

A lot of off site events. Great campus and good location in the north san jose. Many training and materials online available. Salary of TDE is low compared to other outside companies.

Fun place with great WLB

greatWLBMost projects are slow. that makes wlb greatbut frequent reorgsNew COO does frequent reorgs and it makes it slow. below market compensation slow growth

Pros

wlb

Cons

slow growth

Great internship opportunity

I was studying for my CCNA and my university instructor told me about an internship opportunity to support the WiFi at the US Open. I assisted in setting up the WiFi for the US Open and got paid. It was a great experience.

Great work life balance

Company cares for employees and always updates employees with check-ins on company performance and happenings. Great benefits and opportunities for talent movement.

High Pressure not much advancement

High pressure place to work - no offices and majority of work is done remotely. The good: pay and benefits were strong. Lots of training opportunities. The bad: If you worked in a corp group but based in the field the travel can become a lot. No such thing as a 40-hr work week so home/work balance is challenging. Not a lot of advancement opportunities.

Executive Leadership Team vision is not reality

If only everything ELT presented was felt by the employees, Cisco would be a 5 star place to work. Unfortunately the views of the ELT does not transcend thru the SLT and the Leaders of IC's do not experience the vision and are faced with the reality and sharing that with their team. Pay and benefits are great to start but Cisco does not keep up with the times and salary expectations, hence many will leave and receive upwards of 25% pay increases. Cisco has also become very political since the last election and issues that should not come into the workplace are infiltrating company meetings. Absolutely not a bad place to work, but there are no rewards for sticking around.

Not Cisco of old

Managers don't care about employees as long as they can use you to advance their career to the next level. Work life balance is about what they want not what you want/need. If you are not "in" with your manager don't expect above average raises even if your work is outstanding.Cultural cliques that are homogenous under managers.

Pros

Campus is nice

Cons

Management, Culture, work life balance

Awesome place to work and enhance skillset

I worked as a Network Engineer intern. My assigned duties were commensurate with my experience level, with some additional duties to further develop my skills. While busy with their day-to-day tasks, the senior engineers made time to assist me with anything I may have needed.

Cliquey and boring place to work

Steady and boring job - you won’t be able to make an impact. It’s way to hard to get things done, too many teams need to get involved to get things resolved.

Good Benefits, even for contract workers

Cisco provided a very supportive environment for contingent workers to make them feel integrated within the company. They're also open to inviting all workers to corporate events and to take advantage of the facilities.

Good Work life balance

Cisco is a very good retirement company with good work life balance. Pros: Good work life balanceStock optionRemote workCons: The salary is moderate comparing to other very big IT companiesMaybe, not attractive if you want career growth

My personal experience working at Cisco as Hw Test/QA/Support engineer

Been with the group for over 9+. My daily tasks included to: prototype development support (bring ups, testing the hardware, the firmware, finding bugs), provide inputs and support for mechanical team for their chassis design (provide feedbacks and flaws if applicable), work with team tech leaders on most FA customer returned products to resolve the issues. Work with various internal groups to bring the prototype product to fcs phase. I mostly enjoyed working with everyone at Cisco. They all provided support for my growth and learning.

Fun place to work great co workers

Great place to work !!! Excellent benefits and perks. Supervisors were awesome and tje training was on point!! Would still be there if I did not have to relocate to east coast.

Great team and management, no career growth

Great team members and culture. Managers are supportive. Not much career growth unless your own manager leaves. Employees are overworked and underpaid.

Not great

Great people, lots to learn, but no room for advancement. Aging middle managers preventing new people to move up. Super political. Great bonuses, but good luck on a raise. If you leave and you had a disagreement with your manager, they can prevent you from ever getting hired there again. How can a company condone such behavior when I was a high performer outperforming everyone on my team the year prior. A manager acting in such an unprofessional way should be fired. This happened to me and a top VP.

Great chill place to work with good benefits but subpar compensation

Work here for the work life balance and benefits. Don't work here for the money or growth opportunity. Good place to work for a couple years to learn and then leave as other companies will pay you much more than cisco will for your expertise and experience

Culture change

It used to be an amazing company till about 2016 when the cultural shift happened. Currently the turn over of people is very high and other tech companies are more popular

Good salary and benefits, some product areas innovative and market leading. Plagued by permanent layoffs and politics. You can learn and build connections if you know how to navigate and work the system. Work-life balance can be achieved easier than in fast-growing IT companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Cisco Systems with

Studying at Cisco Systems

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Cisco Systems