Cisco Systems

United States249 reviews

Found 249 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,182 reviews
technologylayoffbalanceculturenetworkengineercontractorworklife

Great Benefits / Work from home

Solid work/life balance. Excellent remote/telecommute environment. Virtual tools to accomplish job are outstanding. Unified Communications strongly encouraged and supported

Recruiter Talent Aquisition

I loved working at Cisco on contract remote and I would love to work again. However my contract was cut short due to no more reqs to fill. They couldnt afford to keep me onboard vecause the projects discontinued

Pros

fanily oriented group flexiable family schedule

Cons

project or contract to short and left laid off

Cisco Systems insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Collaborative Environment - No Micromanagement - No stability

You could be hitting your numbers and making many positive contributions yet still find yourself on the chopping block. IT can give up on you in an instant, particularly if the markets in the US and overseas see shocks. Its good you get to work from home, but management will almost always keep your work sidelined rather than highlighted.

Good learning resources

The good thing about Cisco is they have a diversity of learning resources for employees and very generous in helping employees grow. Not a bad place to start early career.

Excellent Company

Cisco culture and Cisco people make this company the best place to work. Work from everywhere, flexibility, benefits, day for you (to recharge) on top of your days off.

Excellent Work Life/Balance

Great company to work at. Fully remote contract employee with a lot of flexibility on hours. Sometimes I feel lost amongst the crowd and not seen as it is a very large company and not sure management knows what I do. I am learning new skills all the time.

Pros

Great learning environment, excellent work/life balance and workplace culture

Cons

Pay is below competitors

Just a job

Good days. bad days - neither the best or the worst place to work. Too many daily meetings and too many processes make it difficult to get simple task done.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

too many meetings daily

Executive Leadership Team vision is not reality

If only everything ELT presented was felt by the employees, Cisco would be a 5 star place to work. Unfortunately the views of the ELT does not transcend thru the SLT and the Leaders of IC's do not experience the vision and are faced with the reality and sharing that with their team. Pay and benefits are great to start but Cisco does not keep up with the times and salary expectations, hence many will leave and receive upwards of 25% pay increases. Cisco has also become very political since the last election and issues that should not come into the workplace are infiltrating company meetings. Absolutely not a bad place to work, but there are no rewards for sticking around.

Cliquey and boring place to work

Steady and boring job - you won’t be able to make an impact. It’s way to hard to get things done, too many teams need to get involved to get things resolved.

Good Work life balance

Cisco is a very good retirement company with good work life balance. Pros: Good work life balanceStock optionRemote workCons: The salary is moderate comparing to other very big IT companiesMaybe, not attractive if you want career growth

Not great

Great people, lots to learn, but no room for advancement. Aging middle managers preventing new people to move up. Super political. Great bonuses, but good luck on a raise. If you leave and you had a disagreement with your manager, they can prevent you from ever getting hired there again. How can a company condone such behavior when I was a high performer outperforming everyone on my team the year prior. A manager acting in such an unprofessional way should be fired. This happened to me and a top VP.

Empowering work environment

Cisco encouraged their employees to define their own career path, which is empowering and helps us do work we enjoy. It's also great to be surrounded by the best of the best talent in the industry.

if you’re a developer, avoid this place

This is the worst corporate backstab environment I’ve ever had the displeasure to be overworked in. Insane hours, technically incompetent / illiterate management and all the problems you’d expect from it.

Bad Manager=Bad Experience

Middle management has not adopted the changes that the C-level espouses. If you get a bad manager, get out. My manager takes credit for my work, isolates me so I'm not visible to leadership.

Worst work experience of my 35 year highly successful career

Cult-like bullying environment with extremely weak middle management who do more harm than good. This company cannot be trusted to look out for their employees. There is no job security at Cisco, only fear of losing your job, and a culture that rewards back`stabbing. Getting hired at Cisco borders on humiliation, with deep cross checking of a person. and innate distrust of candidate until proven trustworthy.

Fantastic company to work for!

Cisco continues to prove to be an industry leader with its cutting edge portfolio of solutions.They are focused on developing agile and intent-based solutions.

Great WLB but low pay/career progression

The work at Cisco is easy and you will have great work life balance, but you will not be appropriately recognized or compensated fairly. Benefits and time off are great and if you are into playing politics, you can likely get promoted. High performers are overlooked for those that work on special projects that have nothing to do with the actual work, but they know whose behind to kiss. If you want to coast in life and take it easy, Cisco is the place to be, but if you have career goals and don't want to be bogged down by red tape or internal politics, look elsewhere.

Excellent place to work

I had a great time working there as a contractor - but when my job didn't convert to full-time I took the safe option and returned to a former employer. I loved working at Cisco - but without the job security - I had to leave. Sad it happened.

management is always changing directions which is frustrating. pay is pretty good though. met some nice people but was a little boring and unmotivating. overall not bad.

Cisco is an amazing company

Cisco is an amazing company and i spent many happy years there. Getting under the wrong management can ruin everything. It just takees one person to ruin everything.

Remote work. Managers were great

Managers were helpful. Made sure you succeeded. Pay was very good. Very good support systems to connect employees. Made sure you had a good work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
4.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Cisco Systems with

Studying at Cisco Systems

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Cisco Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?