Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 2,891 reviews matching the search See all 4,226 reviews
Good Company
VSE-Collaboration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 22, 2018
Cisco is a good place to work at. Like any company in a Sales environment, it is fast paced. The culture is good but one will need to know how to navigate a 70k+ employee company. Good pay, a lot of giving back opportunities.
Fun and healthy environment
Sr. Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2018
Fun and healthy environment.
Cisco has a great culture - we encourage our employees to be active in their communities and to volunteer, we have a strong team environment, and we are encouraged to innovate and take risks. We have great collaboration tools that allow many employees to work remotely and we do encourage work/life balance. I love my team, my peers and the future of Cisco as a leader in technology.
Good compensation though expendable anytime
IoT Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
Good work life balance and nice friendly environment with colleagues.
Weak management with no vision which can easily put employees expendable every year when business unit isn't profitable
Napping pods
Program Manager ISO27001 Compliance (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2018
They understood people needed a few minutes to relax during a long work day. The atmosphere was family oriented and since my family wanted to leave North Carolina and back to Florida I had no choice.
Cisco offers excellent comensation to Employees
Administrative Assistant II/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for Cisco but was downsized due to acquisition from previous Employer. Overall I feel that Cisco is an excellent Company to work, very stable Co.
Pros
Great Work life balance
Cons
very large Organization most interaction is automated
It was ok
University Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 19, 2018
Worked for Cisco twice and was laid off twice. Don't think I will work for this company again. Management can make a huge difference in your team and how things work.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
layoff of contractors
High achiever environment and great industry respect
Territory Account Manager - SLED (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2018
High expectations and high reward; brand name carries great respect in all industries and allows access to key customer contacts for meetings. Cisco has a broad range of excellent products and services.
SENIOR MANAGER - GLOBAL SHARED SERVICES (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2018
Worked for the company for almost 8 years, great experience; great people to work with, and more important: great leadership. Company embraces diversity, and has an open way of doing business.
Having a good manager and team works.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2018
Really like to work with the team however it's hard to become a regular employee since the waiting period to be converted from contract to Cisco employee is so long. The manager is nice, helpful whenever need help and he could speak up for the team as needed.
Great company to work
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2018
Great company to work. Absolutely enjoyed working here.
Very focused organization with some great vision.

I appreciate the fact that the employees work in multiple time zones
and help Cisco to grow.
Great Company, would love to work for them as blue badge employee!
TAC SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEOctober 18, 2018
If I wasn't a red badge employee (contractor) I would give Cisco 5 out of 5 stars. Their contracting partner undervalues/underpays their employees, Cisco doesn't. I love the challenges and the Cisco employees. As well as their products and customers.
Great Place to Work
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2018
Cisco is a great place to work and provide opportunities to learn and advance. Management and people are great to work with. Benefits are very good.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Can't really think of anything
Great Place to Gain experience
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 17, 2018
Greate place to work and gain experience, however the ever frequent layoff was very demoralizing.

Worked as part of the CI team, developing end to system automation. Most development was done in python.
Pros
Technical Exposure
Cons
Layoffs are too frequent
Fun and exciting environment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 17, 2018
It is a great and wonderful culture. An amazing work environment. There are exciting challenges presented and also opportunities for learning and growing.
Good experience but could have been better
SR MANAGER- BUSINESS STRATEGY, OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2018
Great focus on execution. With the leadership change, the strategy is more clear now.

However, too many org changes and too frequent disrupts career advancements of high performing employees. Lot of time wasted in re-aligning to new leaders, new strategies etc.,
Highly demanding job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 17, 2018
Your job is always on the line, miss your quota for 1 quarter and you could be on the chopping block.
You need to forecast your number almost every day.
There is a good reason most people only last about 3 years, because the Cisco machine chews you up and spits you out.
consultant
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2018
typical day is tracking the tasks for the project. attending meetings with stakeholders answering emails

Very flexible work environment.

Working with 5 ww sites can be challenging due to the time difference, especially when scheduling meetings.

Over all most groups are great to work with and are very helpful.
Pros
flexible work
Cons
hard to get hired to an FTE
Cisco was an excellent company to work for that made you feel like family
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 17, 2018
I loved Cisco and the people that I worked with and for. Everybody is treated as a contributor. Very upbeat working environment and they strives to make their employees happy.
Company Size
Global Partner Organization, Sales Scaling Engines (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2018
Cisco is too big and going through a massive transformation. We'll see if they can do it. There will be a some massive growing pains and I expect many layoffs will be coming to assist with the transformation.
Good Work Life Balance
Security Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2018
Because Cisco is such a large company spread out across the world, they were very open to remote work which really helps in balancing work with life. No traffic to go through. You can quickly do laundry during lunch, etc.
Pros
Good Work-life balance
Cons
Long term progression is not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.7K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight