Cisco logo
Happiness rating is 78 out of 100Above average

Cisco Employee Reviews

Cisco insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,999 reviews

Hard Work but Great Rewards

Great company. Cisco is dedicated to transormation and there have been victims along the way. Most are well taken care of. There is great respect for employees.

Your experience all depends on your team

I came into Cisco through an acquisition in 2003. I would say that it was overwhelming at first, going from a small company to the Cisco machine. But once we figured out our place in the Cisco world, things ran pretty smoothly for a the next few years.

Fast Paced, productive, always trying to stay ahead.

Looking for ways to integrate market inflections into product development. Always something new to learn. Split working between the office and telecommuting, with great people.

The best working environment for technical professionals

Lean teams can be highly skilled and very efficient in delivery. This company allows for various proof of concepts and industry leading implementations to be completed.

Great Benefits / Work from home

Solid work/life balance. Excellent remote/telecommute environment. Virtual tools to accomplish job are outstanding. Unified Communications strongly encouraged and supported

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Full of intelligent engineers and dedicated PMs

This company needs to implement more diversity and inclusion. This company also should start to consider hiring women and people of color to address the overall culture of this company. Cisco should also create a leadership management program for these diverse groups that are not targeted for hire and when they are hired they are marginalized. Also the good old boy culture that this company has is a huge turn off to real professionals.

great work / life balance

great company to work for and they put a lot of emphasis on the employee work/life balance. Cisco offers great benefits and paid time off for their employees.

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Work hard and Play hard. Get to work with all the cutting edge technology. Managers are wonderful to work always make sure you have what need to be sucessful

Collaborative and Exciting Work Place

I have been in the Undergraduate Network Engineer Co-Op position at Cisco for about 7 months now. I have enjoyed working at Cisco and learned that it provides a collaborative environment where everyone is helping one another. I have learned and gained so much experience in the last 7 months and it's thanks to all the employees that have helped me succeed and taken time out of their busy schedule to educate and teach me new concepts.

Fast paced and exciting workplace

At Cisco you'll be working on new technology all the time as the IT industry is changing. Cisco is trying to evolve as a company and become more software focused while maintaining their hardware-based roots.

Jobs at Cisco

See more jobs

Awesome Culture and

Completed quarterly analyses of department point of sale data and spearheaded sales based initiatives to drive sales in federal-based accounts. Designed and delivered high impact presentations to senior leaders, demonstrating excellent visual and oral communication skills

Great company to work for

Cisco bought BroadSoft about 2 years ago and they were just as great a company if not better than BroadSoft. I have nothing but praise for the management team, my former coworkers, and the culture of the company.

I wouldn't go back

It was a fun place to work back in the day. It has become a sad ghost of what it used to be. Turn 50 years old and it's basically the end. They cull the herd twice a year.

Great Company to work for until they "restructure"

Internal corporate jobs, especially engineering, are very stable. Field Sales jobs are very fluid, from sales management down to AE's. They are cycled and replaced routinely.

Productive, yet a sweat shop

Cisco is a sweat shop. Promotions are hard to come by. You may need to quit the company and return. Benefits are good and pay is a little below the industry.

Pros

Heavy remote work culture, decent benefits

Cons

Long hours at times

A great environment that fosters growth!

I found myself in an environment that welcomed the development of my professional skills. Everyone was eager to teach me, as I was eager to learn. It was a great place to learn and develop.

People and culture were the best. Work/Life balance was non-existent. Seemed to work 24/7 until you can get your duties in order and have a back up plan in place.

Good People

Great People, but lots of politics. There is a lack of clarity in expressing the team mission and an assumptive attitude that people need little or no coaching when they start.

Learn as you go

The environment was great, easy coworkers, helpful and willing to grow and learn. The job required to have some initial base within the IT field but most was learned through going through the processes

Working Remotely

Cisco does a good job of allowing employees to work remotely using the various collaboration tools. This allows employees the best way to balance life with work.

Great Culture

On a typical day of work at Cisco you will face challenges that will help you to grow professionally. Environment is highly collaborative and face faced. Enjoying my time at Cisco as a contract worker, however seeking a full time opportunity with a equally dynamic employer to grow into and creature tenure.

Pros

Work hard, play hard in a truly team based environment.

Cons

Contract worker status.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K
2.4K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
4.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight