Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 3,201 reviews matching the search See all 4,644 reviews
Great Place to Start Career
Network Security Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 25, 2019
Great place to start career. Difficult to navigate when new, some leaders are better than others—overall experience has a large dependency on the project team. It is a job, so decisions will be highly political.
Via Contract
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCMarch 24, 2019
I am not sure of the full time side of the business but the contractual side was something different.

It wasn't what I expected and though I gained a lot of knowledge I wish the team dynamic was a lot better.
Great place to work in
Service Delivery Manager (SDM)-AS Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2019
Loved working for Cisco, Best company worked for. Great culture, outstanding management. Wide spectrum of opportunities, Big on diversity and inclusion, compensate generously.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table and video game systems to enjoy during breaks and/or at weekly events.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2019
Cisco is a great place to work and has a culture (Work, Live, Play/Learn) that works for everyone.

Cisco makes a meaningful difference in their employees, customers, and the world around them! Employees network across the globe to support each other to create shared success that benefits everyone.

Flexible and fast-paced; employees are like family...fun place to work.
Pros
Weekly events
Cons
Fast paced
This is stupid
Account Manager - Federal Markets (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 22, 2019
1 day i learned from 9-5
2 day management
nice part of the job
people
leave me
alone
it was pleasant
now stop making me fill out this stupid stuff
good environment for work, unfortunately too many layoffs
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 21, 2019
Typical day at work was good, collaboration with fellow workers was good, unfortunately there was a lack of transparency and job uncertainties were high, did not know when it will be the next round of layoffs.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
too many layoffs
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Techno Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 21, 2019
Overall it was a good experience, it's a productive and fun place.
Learned new techniques at work, improved communication levels
Managers are very efficient and helpful.
Component Engineering Position
Sr. Component Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2019
The subject position is a very critical position in electrical engineering field. Almost all design and manufacturing companies need this position to insure they have the right componnet designed in their products.
Competitive
Communications (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2019
Challenging culture for new hires. People have worked there for years. There are not a lot of processes so everything is built on relationships and institutional knowledge.
Good place to work but there are too many hoops
PROGRAM MANAGER -- Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2019
If you are lucky to be in right group, you are successful. Too many useless meetings and politics. Half of the time is lost in handling these useless things.
Old Dinosaur
IoT TALENT CONSORTIUM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2019
Too much politics. Too many people have been there too long and have risen far beyond the abilities. There are a few pockets of the organization that are still worthwhile but its only because of the people in charge there.
good work life balance
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 18, 2019
good work life balance and
exposure to new technologies
and good work culture
some times shortest dead lines makes little challenging
team outings most enjoyable
nice environment
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2019
application environment.
• Hands on experience in the implementation of Core Java SE 8 concepts like Streams API, Lambda functions, Generics, Time API, Functional Interfaces Multithreading, Transaction Management, Exception Handling and Collection API.
• Expertise in developing Micro services using Spring Boot to build more physically separated modular applications which will improve scalability, Availability, Agility of application.
• Proficient in implementation of spring frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring IOC, Spring REST, Spring AOP, Spring Security and Spring Boot.
• Knowledge user interfaces using Swing,JDBC, XML, HTML5 and CSS3,Java Script.
They provided food and snacks so workers never got hungry. Had a great working environment.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2019
I’ve worked here for 10+ years and everything was great. I respect the management and the people I worked with. Although it was sad that I had to be let go, everything at Cisco was great. I had benefits, insurance, and vacation days. I had no trouble with co-workers and upper-class or management.
Pros
Free lunch, great environment, and snacks
Cons
N/a
Growth opportunities
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2019
My managers assisted in my career growth, but I wish there were more focused tracks in regards to my current position. There wasn't much communication regarding the learning centers or courses available.
I loved my time at Cisco
Practice Advisor (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 15, 2019
Great company that pays well and values its employee. I was part of company-wide layoffs in 2016 - I was sad to go.
Fantastic leadership in my area, very customer focused
Pros
Great leadership, benefits and salary
Cisco is a good place to work.
Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 15, 2019
The culture of Cisco has changed over the years, from a start-up attitude to big-company corporate attitude. Both have their values and the change was inevitable due to the growth of the company.
Talk a good game
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 14, 2019
They say it's about the people, but yet they do twice annual layoffs without trying to retrain anyone. Great flexibility and benefits, but that's it.
Good Balance
Network Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2019
Good balance and experience with technology, hands on with latest technology. Visible fast moving environment, able to gain understanding of variety of things.
Good Experience
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 13, 2019
Strong culture, opportunities to "make a difference" due to Cisco's clout in the marketplace. Tremendous customer base and reputation that definitely furthered my "personal brand" and relationships in the industry.

Great ethics department, and internal programs, if you push to get access to them, and carve out time to utilize them.

Like most large organizations, larger than average number of meetings, can take awhile to get through red tape, or to be involved in shaping overall strategic plans.

Work/Life balance can sometimes be hard to manage. (People work hard there, but sometimes hours can get out-of-control).

Sometimes a great deal of effort is needed for execution/operations, leaving less time for strategic items. Plans seem to be more traditional (set into an annual plan), with less agility to pivot or adjust mid-year.
Pros
Great Tech People, Opportunities to make a difference
Cons
Seemingly annual purge of a percentage of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.9K

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight