Cisco Employee Reviews

Innovative Culture
Classified Network Services Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 25, 2018
At Cisco, I had the opportunity to learn a lot and manage innovative projects. Culture is supportive of a work life balance and remote work. The only thing I did not like was that some departments would ignore contractors.
Pros
Innovative Culture
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Its the best place I worked at
Director, Channel Services Partner Program (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 25, 2018
Cisco was a best place to grow with. I enjoyed every single day I worked there. Ample opportunity to grow ones careers, to learn and to experiment. Lots of leadership training is provided for top performers.
Cisco Systems UC Engineer
Unified Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2018
Great position, challenging, and very rewarding. Great experience. No better place to learn Cisco Technology and how it works well in the technology sector. Great way to bring in talent and to share efforts on very large projects.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, contract basis
Remote working capabilities
Manager Business Operations, Sales Readiness/COE (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 24, 2018
Outstanding ability to work remotely. As a Global Company, remote abilities allows a leader to enable business needs WW, local time, vs asking others to adhere to US time zones.
Wonderful working environment
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 24, 2018
As a contracted, temporary employee, I enjoyed the opportunity to be associated with the company.

I enjoyed the interaction and the opportunity to interview students from around the world!
Great Legacy, Questionable Future
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 23, 2018
Comprehensive leadership changes from the CEO down has lead to a number of strategy changes, with no clear long term plan for success. Excitement and Morale among employees has been on the decline.
Technology Dinosaur trying desperately to reinvent itself
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2018
Highly political culture with targeted reduction of age 50+ workers. Claims to support remote workers but slowly and surely they are reverting back to an in-office culture. May be ok to work here for a few years but a long career is out of the question.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
tenure not valued, loudest voice prevails, discriminates against older workers, twice annual layoffs
Excellent
Sales Finance (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 23, 2018
Definitely a company I would like to retire at. Cisco give you the work life balance you need. I would recommend given the opportunity to work there.
High Pace Work environment
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 23, 2018
I would work there again if I get the opportunity. I heard management and salary has improved. I enjoyed the fast pace environment. The name has changed from Scientific Atlanta to Cisco.
Challenges employees to be their best
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJApril 22, 2018
Cisco is a fast moving company where success is to be earned every day. There are many opportunities to get involved and do well. There is no slacking off.
Not competitive with other tech companies
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 22, 2018
Poor culture. Not innovative and not attractive. Not a very inclusive environment and employees compete against each other to get promoted. Cisco has lost sight of what is important in order to grow.
Ton of opportunities
Senior Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2018
Was given many opportunities to lead several key initiatives.

Cisco takes care of people!

Many perks and discounts.

Nice on-site health care, child care and gym.
Fun at work
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2018
Work life balance is good .

lot of very smart people.
The hardest part of the job is that I had to work with a lot of cross functional team members, but I had to do a lot of investigation to find out who I need to speak with to get what I need.
Not recommended for finance department contractors.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 21, 2018
Great place for a permanent employee. For a contract employee, it is very stressful and workers are not treated very well. Contractors are not well respected here.
Not a cohesive organization
Financial Business Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 21, 2018
Organization was not a cohesive one. Those that had been didn’t want to share information for cross training especially for contractors. They would hold onto everything they knew as if they were scared you were going to take their jobs.
Cisco is great place to work!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
Great company with great values. Strong belief in philanthropy and giving back to community, maintaining work-life balance and supportive not only within singular teams but company-wide.
Pros
Fast-paced, many learning opporutnities, multi-cultural, international
Cons
The full benefits of Cisco cannot be realized as a contracted worker.
N/a
Technical Manager Support (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 18, 2018
Not willing to give info, I do not believe this should be required in order to use this job board, my reasons for looking for a job are mine and mine alone
Professional yet relaxed and very enjoyable place to work
High Touch Operations Manager (HTOM) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2018
A typical day at Cisco is fairly relaxed, yet busy. In addition to daily duties, there is always a quarterly opportunity to enroll in training courses for career advancement openings.

While a great place to work, if you start out at the contract level, it will take quite some time to be converted from a contractor red badge to an actual Cisco blue badge employee.

I worked for Cisco through 2 different contract agencies and dedicated 4 years there and still no permanent employment offer, despite positive reviews with management and applying for other open positions with the company.

Although it's pretty tough to get your foot in the door with Cisco, they'll pay you very well when providing your services to benefit them.
Pros
Flexible, relaxed, and tech advanced work environment
Cons
Very tough for contractors to get converted to permanent Cisco employee
Great Company
Global Retail Industry Marketing Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2018
Great company to work for. Amazing collaborative culture although it really depends on who your manager is. Customer-facing positions are the most interesting.
Cisco Top Management only care about money not their employees
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 16, 2018
Cisco is laying off people continuously based on business decisions rather than individual performance. This has destroyed the culture and teamwork as everyone is looking to protect themselves and protect their jobs. Everyone has become a short timer as they don't know when they will be laid off
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Continuous lay offs. Terrible work environment and culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight