Cisco

Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 4,092 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,021 reviews

Cisco insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Hard Work but Great Rewards

Great company. Cisco is dedicated to transormation and there have been victims along the way. Most are well taken care of. There is great respect for employees.

Fast food, what more do you expect.

Fine place to work if you're looking to get started in food service. Certainly the best restaurant in Cisco to work at in my opinion. Can be stressful, but generally it's a decent place to work.

Pros

Discounted meals if you work a full shift

Cons

No breaks unless you step out to smoke

Great place to work and develop new skills

Cisco is transforming from a networking to software company. They have lots of great products to work on - thanks to all the recent acquisitions. I love working here. The work/life balance is great. Managers encourage employees to learn and develop new skills and are ready to reimburse for any training/certification that they are interested in. The work is challenging and gives me a sense of accomplishment. The only thing that I think could be improved is the management style of managers.

Pros

Lot of learning opportunities, good work life balance, decent pay

Cons

Management style can be improved

Good company but going down

As a TAC, most of the days are repeated with cases. You can learn a lot at the beginning and getting to repeated work after 1 or 2 years.The culture is good, but pay is only fair.

Pros

Learning, culture, work and life balance, benefit

Cons

Big brand going down

The people. Smart, dedicated

It’s been a long winding road, with lots of big investments and initiatives now lying dead by the side of the road. At its core, still a core network company with reliable products that are respected by customers.

Pros

No micromanagement

Cons

Faded reputation in the industry

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Best compnay to work and voted that way for the last 2 years. Fast paced, busy schedule and plenty of on the job training.

The work has always been challenging, rewarding, and always different. Great accounts to work on. The people I have met and worked with are all fantastic.

Pros

Free Coffee, consistant work schedule for Tier 2 and below.

Cons

Too many cut backs, no paid days off (contractor).

Fulfilling and interesting work

I interned at Cisco for 2 summers, one in-office and one remote (so there are a few things I can't speak to, like long-term culture, or most benefits). The work was interesting and my team was great to work with. There was a lot of flexibility with work scheduling. I was impressed with Cisco's activism efforts and initiatives to help marginalized communities and the environment.

Overall Cisco is a great place to work with phenomenal culture. Benefits are incredible. Teams can be a bit stretched and under resourced which hurts life balance, but it’s worth it.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Resourcing

Politics with a capital P plus some

Innovation is a prized quality at Cisco however individuals trying to work through and contribute to transformation are passively punished for not doing things "the Cisco way"; Lack of alignment between enterprise strategy and team executions - most managers keep doing what they want to do regardless of what the stated organization and corporate strategy; Frequent and disruptive leadership shakeups in IT; non-engineering roles - despite lip service are not valued; There is very little respect for work-life balance unless you put your own boundaries up - which is problematic especially as we strive to do better with mental health for ourselves and our co-workers. There is an assumption that people have the capability and will to establish these boundaries. A lot of managers and directors here take as much as is offered without consideration to how much they should take and then perversely shame you for overworking yourself.

Lots of money but it was a snake pit working in IT

Review here focuses on working at Cisco as a mid-level leader in IT. Most of the business units had a very different culture, so do keep that in mind as you consider this.I worked in several different IT areas. The work is challenging, compensation can be substantial. You have a so-so base salary, but if the company and your group hits its numbers, the bonuses can be a substantial part of your compensation. RSUs on top of that, also structured to success metrics. Some wonderful people to work with in both IT and the business. Regretfully, they were outnumbered 4-1 by not so pleasant colleagues. Not a place I would want to work at again nor recommend to anyone. The technology aspects of the IT jobs were pretty mundane. Though there was a lot of chest-thumping about how IT was contributing to the business success, there was a very conservative approach to the technologies deployed and used within IT. Because of this, 'shadow IT' groups were common within business areas as they knew all they were going to get from IT was old tech that often was years behind where the business unit needed to be.Senior leadership within IT was more focused on power games and gaining leverage than actually developing IT strategy that benefited the company. It was like Game of Thrones. Really! The only ones with strategy where the ones driving for their own personal domination. Constant shifting alliances and betrayals. Anyone that was decent and trying to do the right thing were either shunted off to dead-end roles or, more commonly, given the proverbial ax. Funding for staff was not annual. -

Pros

Bonus and RSUs can be very substantial. Few, but some key leaders to learn from.

Cons

Long hours. Horrible politics. Mundane technologies.

Jobs at Cisco

See more jobs

Cisco is an excellent company

Job opportunity was great. Team was excellent and dedicated to the mission. Management culture in my area was microscopic. Every move was scrutinized and stifling.

Pros

Cons

Micromanagement

Very team oriented and productive work environment

Doing a summer internship at Cisco was a great experience for me. My teacher was very clear and concise with his instructions and made sure that me and my teammates got along well and were able to cooperate with each other efficiently.

Pros

Gaining knowledge on the field of IT

Cons

Short Breaks

exciting place to work

Cisco leads the industry in IT equipment and solutions. It was exciting to work for a well led global enterprise and an exceptional engineering team.

Good place

I like it here, fair and non judgmental. I have been promoted and had school pause for by company. So I really dont have any complaints. I highly recommend!

Pros

Free lilunch friday

Cons

No free lunch mon thru thuts

It was ok

Worked there for over a decade, then was laid off. I loved the company but you needed to play politics to get ahead or promoted. If that works for you then go for it.

very big company with lots of opportunity

the marketing team is very hectic and it doesn't have to be, paranoia permeates the place in a bad way, and it's very stale and corporate, and there isnt time to try out things.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

very competitive

Awesome to work

I am lucky to be in Cisco.Work pressure is high . Colleague are friendly and respectful. No 1 work place award from continuing last 2 years and will have more awards in future .

exceelent work environment

Excellent work space and great training resources.well documented the processes and design documentations.Very thorough SRND and High Level Design documents and TAC cases library and support. Updated....online resources and SharePoints.

Pros

great team and people around, much relaxed

Outsource at every opportunity

Cisco is run like a series of fiefdoms - where the head of state gets axed very few years. The list of directors moving in/out of positions is staggering - most of whom are great communicators, but staggeringly naive technologists.

Pros

In the right position - tons of autonomy

Cons

Naive leadership

Laid off after coming back from paternity leave

Mostly remote work, little space for teamwork and team support. Office is mainly empty and used for meetings. I was laid off right after coming back from paternity leave. My supervisor did not dare to meet me in person to say it and told me that during video conference. So, i had to leave Cisco when my first child was just 2 month old.

Benefits

Cons

Limited teamwork spirit

It's a good job

It's a good job at a great company with awesome benefits. If you put in the time and work there are lots of opportunities for growth. Happy to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K
2.4K

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss