Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 3,543 reviews matching the search See all 5,113 reviews
Good people
I enjoyed working at Cisco and there management folks I interacted with were stellar. However, I did not have fun selling hardware. I am much more of a software sales person.
Nice work culture/environment
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2019
I have learned lot from there.
Very nice environment and good opportunity i had.
Management is good
workplace culture is good.
nice people environment
Committed team, good people
Instructional designer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 17, 2019
I've worked at Cisco as a contractor multiple times, and overall, they are a good company to work for. They have excellent products and hire good people who are highly committed to success. As with most very large multinationals, it takes awhile to "learn the ropes" and figure out how to do things, but the teams I worked with were very good at providing help and insights. Cisco has undergone massive change over the past few years, and as they continue to change, they struggle a bit with communication, information sharing, and matching competencies to roles. There is also a tendency - in general - for management to take the short view instead of a longer view; that is, they will often make decisions without thoroughly considering the implications or involving the people who actually have to implement the change. For example, they will decide to roll out a new program on a very ambitious timeline - often in spite of advice from experts - and then when it gets "down to the wire," everyone has to scramble. Projects, technologies and service offerings do not have a very long lifetime at Cisco due to technical upgrades and a strong need to stay current. It is a fast-moving, sometimes chaotic and frustrating place to work, but everyone really does put forth their best effort.
N/a
Senior manager (Current Employee) –  Rtp, NCOctober 16, 2019
Cisco is a great company to work for, though advancement opportunities and compensation increases are relatively rare at higher job grades. There are also frequent layoffs.
Cisco
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2019
The company has amazing products and services and some of the brightest minds working there. However, it seems to struggle with collaboration across departments due to job security concerns.
Engaging Work Environment with Lots of Amenities
IT Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCOctober 15, 2019
Working as a first-time CX Engineer at Cisco is simply put, "drinking through a fire hose." With that said, the teams within CX(formerly TAC) are very helpful and friendly to work with and leadership is generally more that accommodating. The workplace environment needs a face lift from the morbid cubicle lifestyle, but the compensation, pay and free food during the weekdays is a plus. The recreation rooms have pool and ping-pong and the cheap gym is an added bonus as well. If you are prepared to spend 100% of the time with a customer via emails and voice conferencing, while troubleshooting and learning leading-edge technology, Cisco CX is the place for you.
Pros
Free Lunch(most days), Benefits, Campus Amenities
Cons
Customer to Engineer Ratio, Claustrophobic Environment
Great place for a contractor
Contract Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 14, 2019
I worked mostly remote, but had a quiet and private office to work in when I was on campus. My hiring manager was easy to work with and was open to any questions I had.
Fun place to work!
Marketing & Communications Manager - Global Partner Marketing (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2019
Fun place to work with a great culture and great people. I made friends at Cisco that I'm sure I will cherish my entire life. They want you to love where you work.
Productive, and provide adequate tool for engineers. however no stability
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2019
The company has good technology for engineers to work, good facilitate for engineers and very good compensation. However, due to projects get canceled very often, and teams disbursed which gives employees the in-stability feeling.
Pros
good technology and well known company.
Cons
job stabily
Good company to work for, nice campus and quality employees....
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2019
Overal Cisco has a very good work environment with multiple cafeterias, excersise rooms and medical facility. Plenty of conference and quiet rooms...and hires quality employees....
I love my job at Cisco.
The atmosphere, leadership, resources, duties are great. The work environment is very nurturing. Your peers and mentors here are certified gurus. There is literally something new to learn every day.
Pros
Excellent work environment, limitless learning resources, good leadership
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities because no one wants to leave.
exercise activity
Sr. Software /QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 8, 2019
every Friday has provide breakfast to employee and every Friday after 4 pm, employee can play some game like pool, ping pong ...etc.

has internal training class for Cisco employee.
Great Environment just need more stability
CRITICAL INCIDENT MANAGER IN OPERATIONS (SHIFT LEAD) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 8, 2019
Cisco is a great place to work at with friendly people and family focus. If I have to reflect any changes is that CISCO, as a company, can be more stablized with Job security. I have seen many loyal workers be let go (With good packages) because their department isn't needed. Instead of CISCO finding another placement for them in its company, they instead let them go which is not a good comfort working there with that risk.
Fun and relaxed environment
Cisco Telepresence Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2019
Fun and relaxed environment; Nice people; Good managers; Nice office

I really enjoy my time there. I like all my coworkers. I would recommend it to anyone.
Reasonable place to work, at times lack of clear product direction
Senior Architect/Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAOctober 7, 2019
Choose business unit and position carefully to be sure it matches goals. Some projects are less-well supported by mgmt than others which can be grinding. Company does offer a lot of training and various projects are moving to cloud and related deployment technologies and those will be more interesting to most than embedded networking jobs.
Never worked or Interviewed at Cisco
The algorithm brought up this survey. Please disregard this portion of my profile. I have worked with Cisco networking product for almost twenty five years.
Everything at Cisco was Fantastic
Lab Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2019
• RDP to Vcenter host and launch Vcenter and correct errors if it does not launch
• Add hosts to vCenter datacenter
• VCenter server IP and Password
• Check pods status Initialize and check errors
• Read error scripting, Find Host IP
• Find PG IP and passwords (IP in labops under program details, password in workbook
• Find TS and passwords (device/lab/device details)
• Log in through TS to equipment and correct errors and clear lines (cntr shift 6 x)
• Manage BN labs on daily bases (login and check for down pods)
• Video over IP
• Run accelerate and check lab performance and functionality EDI
Cisco is a great workplace
Senior Program Manager, Portfolio Manager, Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2019
A typical day at Cisco is all about leveraging the opportunities in front of you to reach beyond, reinvent yourself, explore opportunities, forge ansd build connections via networking, giving back to the community and celebrating our wins together.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is a very dynamic environment and therefore you will be challenged to keep adapting and growing . It's the best part of the job for me as well since you're always learning and growing.
Pros
Great company culture, great people and environment
Cons
Dynamic, ever-chanaging environment
.Nothing to share
Cyber Security and Privacy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2019
I have nothing to share from my experience. Managers need to have required training, Just because someone says that want to be a manager does not make them management material
Team driven with flat management
Documentation Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 1, 2019
Great place to work, and management lets you do your job. Lots of perks like free soft drinks, coffee, and a Roti machine. There are snacks, a game room, and a massage chair for you to use. Great work-life balance, too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
42.1K

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

76%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss