Cision Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Meh
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
Working at Cision was great at first but with the new CEO and a large amount of companies acquired in the last few months by Cision there have been a lot of infrastructure changes.These changes are not always beneficial to the employees.
Pros
work environment, company culture, new office, building amenities
Cons
unorganized, quick changes
wonderful work culture
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2018
Cision has a wonderful open office floor plan that lets you get to know your fellow employees. With great culture and nice benefits I'd recommend Cision to anyone.
Dont do it!
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
After accepting a job at Cision, I moved over 500 miles, only to have my entire department get fired a month later, and all the jobs moved to India. I feel they should have mentioned that before I moved across the country. The company is trying to cut costs, and employees are NOT a priority. Make sure you have a back-up plan.
Pros
Good location
Cons
They fire entire departments, no warning.
Open Environment with great rooftop lunch spot
Media Researcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
I really enjoy working with all the people I've encountered at Cision. The job of media researcher itself is also great, as I have had an opportunity to learn a lot about the media industry and public relations which I think will put me in a good position for when I need a new job.

The only downside is there isn't great communications between corporate and the individual offices.
Pros
Friday happy hour, ping pong table, building has rooftop patio
Cons
Not great pay, a lot of sitting
Great place to work for recent college grads.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 3, 2018
Nice building with full amenities, they really care about your professional and personal development. Offered a lot of freebees to employees like fresh fruit every morning.
Pros
Monthly Happy Hours, gym on-site, wonderful architecture
Cons
low compensation and inexperienced managers
Hard Pass
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2018
After 3 years of acquisitions and mergers, the culture has made a 180 degree turn. It once was a great place to work, but no longer. Management's goal is to put people on performance improvement plans as quickly as possible, and don't do anything to actually help their teams. Stay far away.
Used to be a great place to work with normal challenges
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2017
The best thing about the company is the people who keep it running. There have been a ton of talented, hard-working and dedicated people who have worked at Cision. The culture in Chicago prior to the change in CEO was relaxed but driven. The previous executive team was doing a good job of listening to employees and effecting meaningful change. Unfortunately once that team was replaced not only do the employees even see an executive in the office but they are left to their own misery without direction.
Fun workplace, has gym for workers to keep healthy and balanced
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 20, 2017
A typical workday consists of processing contracts and cash, and resolving customers' concerns. The hardest part of the job is the commute. Diverse culture, monthly gathering for co-workers to learn more about each other and to relax. Management is great.
Millennial Work Environment
Account Executive - New Business (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2017
Great management, bad pay and advancement. I would suggest this to those of you coming out of college to get experience in sales. But not a long term position.
Awesome Benefits Package and Generous Work/Life Balance will not get people to stay.
Media Research Analyst, Digital (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Cision is great for recent graduates. If you work on the Account Management (Sales) side you have potential for more earnings, IF you are having a good sales quarter. Lack of transparency and communication between C-suite, upper management, and employees creates a horrible morale. Pay has got to be discussed, definitely one of the motivators for people to leave. Turnover is highest I've ever seen with any company I have worked for.
Pros
Benefits Package and PTO/Personal Day Structure
Cons
Lack of Transparency, Poor Management, NO room for growth or career advancement.
Fun Work Place
PR Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 22, 2017
The environment and the office is really cool. The people are great, but the work load can be crazy and a lot to handle. Sometimes it feels like it is never ending and it can be very stressful.
Great Workplace for teamwork and fun.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 22, 2017
Loved my coworkers as well as my managers. Everyone support one another to be the best they can be at their jobs. This work culture definitely pushes the work hard, play harder motto.
Pros
young, energetic employees
Cons
high pressure in sales
Still in transition
Tech (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 14, 2017
The people are fantastic and are the ones that make you want to get up everyday. But the culture and job security has change due to the multitude of mergers.
Stressful environment lacking structure and leadership
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2017
7am-5pm daily.
Training is not up to par - no ongoing training or development
Management treats you like a number, not a person
Culture is revenue based, if you do not perform, you are gone
Hardest part of the job is lack of management, not setting employees up for success - then holding them accountable for not succeeding
most enjoyable part of the job: 5pm - going home.
Pros
beer tap opens at 4pm on Friday
Cons
all of the above
The building is very cool and the people are young and friendly.
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Some Cision departments are very good and have excellent opportunities for advancement and structure.
Good work life balance, good direction from management, professional environment.
Pros
Great people and great work environment
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth
Micromanaging Idiot Mgmt
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2016
May have some of the dumbest management I have ever experienced. They are literally forcing employees out of the door by micromanaging and making an extremely anxious and depressing culture. The platform is falling apart and the company is losing clients to competitors left and right, yet blaming the employees. Stay away.
Pros
Coworkers and location
Cons
Incompetent management
I miss working here
Media Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2016
I worked at Cision for 6 years as a media researcher and also as a portal editor. If memory serves me correctly, the only caveat was some of the workers. They were pretty fair with regards to policies. What I loved the most was the flexibility. I was able to work from home which was great because I was a parent. They also had giveaways and bought lunches for staff from time to time. WE had a pretty good VP too.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
none really
Cision
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
Great company to get your feet wet in sales. Learned a lot from my manager, but there's way too much turnover and the acquisition spree/mergers have left the place with no structure.
If you are still there, then time to find a new job
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2016
I have no idea how this place is still in business. They have no idea how to manage people or know what the other people are doing. The only thing this company likes to do is buy other companies and lay off their workers. The biggest expense on the profit and loss statement for this company has to be the Human Resource area because of all the time wasted by hiring people, firing them, laying people off and then severance packages. If the department you work in is not important, you will be laid off soon. They can't roll out any new products. They are the laughing stock of the PR community. The pay is pitiful and the kid at McDonald's down the street is earning more.
Pros
Cons
Can't get time off and lackluster management
a lot of fun and great people
Mid-Market Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 2, 2016
Great place to work with an awesome office with basketball court and full gym. Met a lot of my close friends here and an overall great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cision. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight