CIT Trucks Employee Reviews

Review
Mobile Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 9, 2019
I raveled throughout 6 states for repairs, breakdowns and fleet dots. I was the only one who ran the truck and some days would be over 18 hrs.
Owner wold change rules, but since I was on the road 99% of the time, they had no effect on me.
Pros
trusted me to complete jobs
Cons
Had nobody to cover if I needed time off
Excellent Company with opportunity
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 24, 2018
Great opportunity to learn a wide range of job functions. Co-workers are knowledgeable and fun to work with. Fast paced environment. Low turnover company.
Fun working enviorment willing to teach
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILAugust 9, 2018
was a quick pace job and really helps you learn new things if you put yourself up for it. Pushes you to meet new goals and easy learning environment. Has resources and tools required to get jobs down efficiently and quickly. Has some management issues but can easily be resolved by speaking to someone. other then that a great place to start learning or to keep as a long term goal.
If you like long hours
Route Sales Representative/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work if you are single and have no plans of ever having a family life whatsoever. Delivery drivers are run into the ground and thrown away once they burn out. Route sales people are thrown to the fire and left for dead on a pretty regular basis.
Management needs to treat the employees better.
Parts Warehouse Intern (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILMarch 29, 2018
I worked in the back as a parts intern. In the three months there, we lost 70-80% of the workforce because management didn't care for the employees well.
Hostile work environment
Parts (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILMarch 28, 2018
This is the worst company I have EVER worked for. The turn over rate is ridiculous! There is no training, you are literally left to your own devices. Be prepared to get yelled at, cussed at & lied to. The most hostile work environment I have ever experienced.
poor management skills
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 6, 2017
if your looking for a place to work that continuously degrades your work even when its done right this is the place for you. this company trans with the motto fake it till you make it.
Pros
flexible with family issues if you have pto time
Cons
expensive benefits
Grayslake service department management is a joke
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILOctober 24, 2017
If you are looking for a place to work that your service manager is clueless and rude, then this is the place for you! Horrible service management! The parts department is ran with respect and knowledge, if only they could get a different service manager, this place would be awesome!!
Cons
Service manager
I honestly don't believe this is anonymous
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 6, 2017
Go to work, give 100%, go home, get paid, continue this until something else comes along. Do what is asked of you, take blame when you make a mistake.
Great place to work with great people.
Shop Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 20, 2017
Working out in the shop was a great time. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with, including all the technicians, foremans, parts department, and management.
productive environment with good potential
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJuly 18, 2017
productive environment with good potential, good quality technicians with a versatile work force. a lot of opportunity to learn a lot about a lot of different semis
Freindly co workers works around family things
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Lovespark ilJune 8, 2017
Verbal communications issues between shifts. 1st and 2nd shift works against each other. Safety is priority with hr and board members. They encourage to train employees on all oem brands. They offer health, 401k, visions,
Pros
Saftey lunchs, training, friendly customers
Cons
Poor job planning from foreman.
Used to be a good company to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 5, 2017
This company has grown to large and are now forgetting what really matters employees. Worked here several years ago and was let go for basically bull reasons but had a family member still working there so bit my tongue and let it go. No longer as 27yrs of service by that person didn't mean as much as bottom line. Job security is a joke. Basically a revolving door for mechanics. Direct shop management has much to be desired.
Good, clean, safe place to work. Co-workers are easy to work with.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 21, 2017
It used to be a fun place to work, not so much lately. Co-workers are good to work with. Good opportunity for young workers to get trained. Most management positions are filled by relatives.
Pros
Co-workers are great, original three owners are great guys.
Cons
Recent upper management changes are questionable. Nepotism is prevalent.
Good entry level job
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 3, 2016
Very repetitive work, friendly coworkers, when I wasn't in the cubicle scanning documents I enjoyed my lunch break where I could freely go get something to eat. It taught me to work diligently.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 11, 2016
Good place to work good hours very flexible overall good people outfits provided and pay is fair hours vary and mangers ....................................................................
Service department management is horrible!!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, IL.August 31, 2016
The service department leadership at the grayslake dealership is beyond ridiculous. The manager doesn't have a clue how to run a department. His idea of leadership the threatening his employees, that is, when he actually shows up to work! Owners never show up to know what is actually going on day to day.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Service management
Extremely Demanding
Employee (Former Employee) –  CITJuly 11, 2016
Company is a reactive company - not a proactive company. Upper management is very demanding and will hold things over your head. They do pay well, but it comes with a price. You will owe them... Home/work balance is non existent. You will be expected to put CIT before anything else. Company takes no responsibility in what happens. Look to put the blame on the department managers no matter the issue. Always have to look over your shoulder in fear of losing your job. Extremely stressful environment. I would not take a management position with this company, as you will be a scapegoat. Broken promises and lies. Turnover is high...
Cons
Demanding, Stressful, no life outside CIT
good coworker and nice work environment
Cylinder head removal (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILApril 3, 2016
Typical work day- fast pace
What I've learned- removal of cylinder head, removal and install s-cam and bushing, working with Cummins Insite software
Management- very understanding and willing to help
Hardest part of the job- lack of proper tools
Most enjoyable part of the job- great coworkers
Pros
Great manegement
Cons
Lack of proper tools
Pretty Good
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILMarch 12, 2016
Easy work nice people. Only problem is the pay and needs more variation in work. Typical day is working at a desk. Hardest part is the lack of variation can get boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIT Trucks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8