CIT Trucks Employee Reviews in Normal, IL

Worst Management Ever!
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 21, 2019
Absolutely no training, company is "learn as you go". Employees train new hires instead of department Managers. Company policies change so frequently, you don't know what the procedure is supposed to be from week to week. Yet, if you do something incorrectly, you'll be written up. Employees are dispensable, no loyalty. Had heard Management on multiple occasions say "I'll just find someone else!" This is proof in the INSANE amount of turnover within all company positions. Work is piled on without compensation. If you're not a family member of Upper Management, there won't be advancement in dealorships. Management will throw employees under the bus to save their own position, and only have respect for fellow Managers. Always under staffed because they can't keep good employees. Good employees eventually get fed up and find more respectable employment elsewhere. Pay and benefits are decent, but stress load isn't worth the salary. Coworkers are great, but Management is a joke. Keep scrolling!!!
Excellent Company with opportunity
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 24, 2018
Great opportunity to learn a wide range of job functions. Co-workers are knowledgeable and fun to work with. Fast paced environment. Low turnover company.
Great place to work with great people.
Shop Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 20, 2017
Working out in the shop was a great time. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with, including all the technicians, foremans, parts department, and management.
Good entry level job
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 3, 2016
Very repetitive work, friendly coworkers, when I wasn't in the cubicle scanning documents I enjoyed my lunch break where I could freely go get something to eat. It taught me to work diligently.
Pretty Good
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILMarch 12, 2016
Easy work nice people. Only problem is the pay and needs more variation in work. Typical day is working at a desk. Hardest part is the lack of variation can get boring.
Very poor company values
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Normal ilSeptember 21, 2015
Next to nothing when they "train" you. I got 2 excellent reviews the 2 days before my 90 days review (when id get a raise) i was walked out of the building and fired no questions asked so yeah
Very Productive & Fast Paced Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 11, 2015
Assisted the Network and Systems Administrators as well as Help Desk Support personnel with day-to-day IT related tasks. It was my second internship and provided extremely valuable workplace experience, and helped develop essential technical & user support skills.
Pros
Excellent & Friendly Co-workers, Wide Variety of Challenges to Help Develop Skills, Successful Company
Cons
Longs Hours with relatively low pay, required the use and support of outdated software, Little vacation time, Eventual pay caps
Fast paced work environment.
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Typical day at work would consist of answering voice mails, dispersing of checks to invoices owed, reconciling cash, calling customers for payments owed, answering phone calls, transferring money from money market accounts, general accounting, filing, mechanic bonuses and helping any of my other co workers if needed. Great work environment. I enjoy fast paced environments. Sometimes it was a challenge to get everything done during the work day but if I didn't get it done I would try to get it done at home. What I enjoyed most about my job at CIT was my co workers, we all worked well together which made the day enjoyable and work goes a lot smoother.