CIT Employee Reviews

Functional Management Issues
Vice President - Finance (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 10, 2019
Management has no idea what/who is doing the actual work within the various functions. I have seen multiple people get promoted into roles in which they were completely overwhelmed.
Bush League Company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2019
The utter lack of professionalism and common decency at the Jacksonville branch of CIT makes me deter any possible candidate from taking a job there. Unless you have an extremely high ranking role (Director or higher), stay away.
More efficiency, order, and vision for the future in workstyle is heavily needed
Senior Tax Associate-State Tax Department (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 6, 2019
A company with a very routine-based mentality with a lot of emphasis on how things have been done historically instead of thinking outside the box in order to get things done more efficiently and with better trackability for subsequent years. Learning and training is encouraged and even mandatory which is a plus, and benefits work-skill application. Management needs to be more aware of work-load and deadlines for employees. Most of the workload would be lessened from year to year if management allowed for process-improvements during the year, particularly through the use, enhancement, training, and importance placed on automated technology. The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, stems from the workplace culture itself. Too much secrecy and favoritism which leads to mistrust and working in fear. There should be more emphasis on developing and encouraging employees. Some of the more enjoyable aspects of working at CIT are the end of year party which CIT throws for employees where the effort for rewarding employees of the company as a whole is very evident. CIT also encourages employees to participate in many volunteer programs and in giving of charities to those who really need it and everyone gets an opportunity to give.
I do believe that at this point many things have changed since I last worked there, but again, this review is based on my own experience at the time I worked there.
Pros
Good training on SME Topics, great opportunities for volunteer work and charity, great end of year holiday party
Cons
Heavy Office Politics, need for technological automation in some departments, more efficiency in work-style
Good Commute inside NJ
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 3, 2019
Good Commute from home in NJ

Turnover affects learning and knowledge retention
The hardest part of the job is filling in for the turnover staff and getting new staff up to speed while conducting your daily work
Pros
Commute
Cons
Turnover Turnover Turnover
n/a
Vice President of Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2019
VIT is a results driven company that promotes from within. the home equity division is no longer active so there are no opportunities to work in that division anymore
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Needs a better work culture
AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2019
Moral is low across the company. Management needs to value its employees and work on obtaining top talent and retaining the good talent they have in the company.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Benefits get reduced each year
Very Knowledgeable
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VirginiaJanuary 16, 2019
I started as a regular team member and worked my way to this position in less than 3 years I was vey excited to see the options this company had for me to grow. After losing my mentor the position seemed stagnate and I reached for higher goals.
Management Opportunity
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT/APPLICATION DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Upon joining the CIT Group, I was given a supervisory position which I was trying to attain at previous employers. Management was fair and organized. It was a pleasure to work there.
The worst company to work for
KMBS Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2018
Worked in customer service. The pros with working with the company was getting a paycheck. Received yearly bonuses if that is what you call it. Managers micro managed each other. Even had to watch your back with team workers. The was only I in TEAM. Managers are great at bringing you down nothing ever positive.
Learnt a lot with great respect
DATA MANAGEMENT LEAD AND DATA GOVERANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJNovember 30, 2018
Was given high profile responsibilities and critical projects though the work environment was very stressful. My managers were really supportive and could not have survived without them
Great place to work, if you are a self starter.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 24, 2018
Best part about this job, is you are left alone to do your work. There is no micro managing. I would come in, package loans, follow up, do my job, and go home. Management only checked in if needed for questions, or progress estimations.
Pros
No micro-managing.
Cons
No longer have offices in my state.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJNovember 23, 2018
This was a great place to work. I have learned a lot in CIT. The manager was really helpful and encourage new learning opportunities. I had a very good experience working with CIT
Top notch employees work here
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJOctober 25, 2018
The people that work at CIT are highly skilled, educated, and overall smart. You can expect to work large amounts of overtime, especially at the end of the month and the end of the year. Most of the managers are highly capable and a pleasure to work with.
Cit
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticSeptember 2, 2018
The best job I ever had, taught me how to be a real professional. Learned so much about conducting proper meetings and managing a territory. I excelled in this environment
Great Company
Assistant to the EVP & Chief Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
Great company with Great! CEO and CRO. People work there for a long time. In terms of the turn-over, I am not sure. I think it is average. The community of assistants is great!
Cons
Located in NYC. I wish they were in Connecticut
Ok
BI Lead (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 21, 2018
When I was there, there was no job work/life balance. They worked you to the bone. Environment can be hostile at times. They slowly trimmed down on many benefits.
Great people and company
vendor account specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
I believe the people are what make this company a great place to work. They have an onsite cafe, and a ping pong table to release some stress. They encourage an active lifestyle, and have corporate softball, and soccer teams.
company and management were very professonal
forman/tech (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 7, 2018
enjoyed my employment with cit ,clean working enviorment,its a very challanging job to do each day ,differant issues each day to find and solve daily ,
Pros
good working enviorment
Cons
long drive to and from work
I would work there again
Infrastructure Support/Data Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 3, 2018
I liked working at CIT. I would go back if they contacted me. They paid a great salary which I wish I was getting now. Flexible with hours and paid overtime.
A very good company to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJune 6, 2018
Generally speaking, CIT is a good company to work: well established company with big market share, talent people, good resources for employee training, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIT. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CIT.

Powered by Comparably