CIT Employee Reviews

Great people and company
vendor account specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
I believe the people are what make this company a great place to work. They have an onsite cafe, and a ping pong table to release some stress. They encourage an active lifestyle, and have corporate softball, and soccer teams.
company and management were very professonal
forman/tech (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 7, 2018
enjoyed my employment with cit ,clean working enviorment,its a very challanging job to do each day ,differant issues each day to find and solve daily ,
Pros
good working enviorment
Cons
long drive to and from work
I would work there again
Infrastructure Support/Data Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 3, 2018
I liked working at CIT. I would go back if they contacted me. They paid a great salary which I wish I was getting now. Flexible with hours and paid overtime.
A great company to work
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part is working with co-workers and get the job done on time. Chub has a great culture. Staff members must be convinced of the benefits that continuous learning can bring both to the team and to the company’s goals as a whole
A very good company to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJune 6, 2018
Generally speaking, CIT is a good company to work: well established company with big market share, talent people, good resources for employee training, etc.
Depressing Place
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJMay 22, 2018
The Livingston location is a miserable workplace. Senior management is so distant from their employees, systems are terrible, hours are worse, opportunities even for top performers are few and far in between.
Nice place to work with nice people
Administrative Assistant/Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
Was a nice place, started as a file clerk, worked my way to Supervisor to Credit analyst. Learned to call for bank and credit reference and even became friends with some customers. Hardest part was trying to answer all the calls on a very busy day.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches or snacks
Cons
Sometimes so busy could not finish daily work
It who you know not what you know
Portfolio Manager / Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2018
The Jacksonville office had a unique business atmosphere with a select group of people who
mingled together in the office and outside of the office. That’s were the individuals who seemed to flourish with promotion opportunities.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Environment
Fun
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth, MAApril 30, 2018
Working as a CIT was very fun and enjoyable to work as. Obviously it isn't a company named CIT, it was a job at Camp Ramsbottom. I recommend it to anyone who loved that camp.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No pay
I worked there
Workout & Asset Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 8, 2018
The company filed for BK back in 2012 so there is still some lnigering turmoil. if you want to know more then you should apply and ask questions. Otherwise good luck
Great workplace with excellent work environment.
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2018
It was an awesome experience working for CIT. I had opportunities to grow within the company and expand my knowledge. My direct supervisors and managers are amazing individuals, concerned about the career and learning path of every team member.
A good place to work
Executive Secretary to EVP, Corporate Tax (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 5, 2018
Great job, busy all day, lots of moving parts, need to be able to multi-task, need to be available to counsel / advise / direct others. Rapid pace and had to be willing to do lots more than what was in your job description
Pros
job sharing
Cons
lack of management ethics
Great overall working environment with freedom to share ideas
Management Consultant - Disaster Recovery (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at CIT for the short time given. There are experienced managers there that are experts in their disciplines and are also great personnel managers.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Short contract
Nice life/work balance.
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 26, 2018
CIT is a good place for people who prefer reasonable working hours. A typical day involves planning audits, meeting clients, and documenting results.
Fun place to work
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 26, 2018
Enjoyable place to work with good work/life balance.

Excellent location in Central NJ.

Company includes multiple businesses so able to move around..
admin assistant/receptionsit
Recept. /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 25, 2018
I would mainly work a the front desk as a receptionist along with computer work.
I learned to be patient and be a team player
Workplace culture wasn't very diverse.
Hardest part of the job was working with med leases
Enjoyable part of the job was working with the team.
Pros
1 hour lunches/ bonuses
Cons
office moral wasn't the best
Have no desire to do a review but can't proceed
AVP Marketing (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Just trying to get to the required one hundred fifty characters so I can proceed to the next screen and get out of this stupid review that I have no desire to complete.
Great place to work need more of a team environment
AVP Messaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2018
I worked for CIT from 2007 to 2014. CIT is a great place to work depending on your roll. I was a technical analyst in the beginning and work as a messaging engineer at the end. I transferred into the department with the intent to learn the roll from members of the team which did not happen that left me vulnerable. Due to a merge with another bank I was laid off after transferring from NJ to NC and one year with the new dept. Overall working for CIT was good. I hope that once a person moves on to a new team the knowledge transfer is not like pulling teeth.
Pros
Pay
Cons
stressful, lack team environment
Good job
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 9, 2018
I loved the people that I worked with and enjoyed my job. My division was sold to another company so my job was eliminated. If it was not for this I would probably still work there.
Productive Place
Senior Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 30, 2018
Great corporate culture but slow career advancement. The new management has been cutting on benefits from tuition reimbursements to paid maternity leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight