Citgo Employee Reviews

Good people, poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILApril 8, 2019
I loved those that I worked with on a daily basis, but management gave the false impression that they cared about you. Instead using a actual evaluation of your job duties and performance, management reviewed you based upon their personal feelings.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management needs employee relations training
Worked as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wabasso, FLApril 5, 2019
Very stressful job but it was fun sometimes when we had certain people working but other times the management was very poor because they schedule people on their days that they were requested months in advance for off and made them work
Desperate times
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canton, CT 06019April 1, 2019
It was a job and paid the bills. Other then dealing with lotto crazed customers that dont know how the lotto works and every other person having the same bad joke of "this is the winner right??"
Pros
Free coffee?
Cons
Lotto addicts
Very enjoyable place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 31, 2019
Very much enjoyed what I did and most of the people I worked with. Spoke to various people on the phone from many other oil companies and pipeline locations. Really liked working here.
Get out of it what you put into it
B2B Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2019
If you're a go-getter that doesn't require praise in the form of promotion or money, this is a great place to work. Lots of opportunity to learn/do more if you have the right attitude and work well with the right people.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
risk-adverse
Lots of fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 26, 2019
In this job you meet lots of new people. It was lots of fun and an experience i will never forget. You learn who are your regular customers mainly those from around the area and then you meet tourist who are here on vacation.
Citgo
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 21, 2019
Would not recommend any one work there. No advancement in the company, all General Managers are men. Not a women friendly company. No family time, always getting phone calls after work
Excelente ambiente de Trabajo
Legal Advisor E&P (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2019
El trabajo es excelente, el equipo es diverso. Los gerentes son abiertos, comprensivos
Venezuela culture
SENIOR OPERATOR CITGO REFINERY (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 4, 2019
Very cliquish. If you’re good with the right people then you’ll have a happy healthy career. Great pay but 12 hour shift work can cause you to miss occasions. (Holidays, birthdays, etc).
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible hours
long and slow shifts
Cashier, Stocker, Lottery and Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2019
It was a really slow place to work. It was not that many customers so my days went by long and slow. The hardest part about working there was receiving low pay.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
low pay
productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Genoa, WVFebruary 21, 2019
a typical day at Citgo was fast paced which made the day go fast and it felt like family that you worked for and the people you would meet was the highlight
Easy going job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shullsburg, WIFebruary 20, 2019
I learned how to cashier and food safety from this job. It's a easy place to work for, the manager was really nice. The hardest part of the job was working the graveyard shift that they eventually got ride of.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No set breaks
I liked it
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2019
It was a great experience and I will definitely recommend this company to anyone looking to work in Logistics. It is competitive and you must learn allot of spanish. I am semi bilingual but not as good as any in this company. I prefer english speaking company.
Pros
Good benefits and great employees
Cons
Too far
Busy, fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, ILFebruary 12, 2019
We have a wonderful Manager who is understanding and flexible with hours. It's a very busy store, but a fun place to work. There is always a lot to do, such as stocking shelves, making coffee and filling the grill, stocking the cooler and cigarettes and general cleaning such as emptying trash, mopping floors.
Lack of HR/advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, ILFebruary 4, 2019
The citgo i worked at was close to my house. I got plenty of hrs at first, but when they switched managers my hrs got cut. There was no chance of advancement, not very good pay.
Pros
Close to house
Cons
lack of hours
Great Place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJanuary 30, 2019
typical day at work sometimes busy , and sometimes slow . great coworkers had a great manager , flexible hours and easy to deal with customers store is always busy the most enjoyable part was working with the great manager and coworkers
I would like to work for cito
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, CTJanuary 28, 2019
Good plexus to work pay nice new I drive for one of the company it is good to work for som one hole I have a hater job then befur I look for batur work so I can mark moor money
Awesome
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Citgo was an awesome place to work. Good people and good co-workers. Everyone was a team player and motivated. I loved it there. Would of loved to have stayed there, but unfortunately Citgo contracted a different security company.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Take others shift when they didn't show up.
Great company to work for
TECHNICAL ANALYST NETWORK SECURITY (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Great group of co-workers. Comfortable work environment and good work assignments. Open communication with management and good visibility because of size of company.
easy but demanding
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MIJanuary 7, 2019
I have worked here for 3 1/2 years. Management has worked with me on schedules. I am fairly compensated each year with a raise. The worst part is the turn over of help, as well as seeing how many dishonest people there are out there.
Pros
flexible scehdules
Cons
long hours of standing, potential of no breaks for entire shift of 8-9+ hours