Citgo Employee Reviews in Lake Charles, LA

Oil Co
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 26, 2018
Be ready for hard work and last minute changes. Lots of staff turnover and even more so for management. Definitely a political environment in which you have to play your cards right and always smile.
Monotonous Work at times but a lot of ability to keep learning
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 5, 2018
Prepared equipment for maintenance, traced lines to ensure proper flow, completed lock-out/tag-out procedures, issued correct safe work permits, completed daily tasks in order to keep that refinery in safe working order.

I learned a lot about process and equipment and the different smells and/or sounds to be aware of that may indicate malfunctioning equipment.

I never found the job to be hard but, I did find emergency situations to be very rewarding and a great learning experience.
Pros
Great benefits, enjoyable schedule that allowed me to enjoy time with family
Cons
Not being rewarded for going above and beyond. It all depending on seniority.
A day in the office.
Rotating Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 11, 2017
I learned a lot as an intern at Citgo. The people I worked with cared about the projects they gave you. They give you high stakes projects to challenge you.
Senior Administrative Assistant Purchasing Dept (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 30, 2015
Great place to work. Great employees. Supportive Management. I was a very dependable, competent, well respected employee.
Productive and busy work environment
Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 24, 2015
This is a good place to work for someone starting out. However, management does not support professional development and continuing education.
Very satisfied
Chief Operator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 20, 2012
Citgo has offered many great opportunities and I would be happy finishing my career here.
Pros
great benefits and competitive wages
Cons
n/a
productive work place with medical benefits
Apprentise (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 12, 2012
A typical day at work is everyone working together and doing his or her assigned duty. My co-workers are peaceful and kind hearted. Management is firm but also understand and respectful to their staff but the hardest duty I believe for me is climbing to high work places.
Pros
enjoy my work
Cons
when bad weather company sends employees home