Citgo Employee Reviews for Cashier

Lack of HR/advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, ILFebruary 4, 2019
The citgo i worked at was close to my house. I got plenty of hrs at first, but when they switched managers my hrs got cut. There was no chance of advancement, not very good pay.
Pros
Close to house
Cons
lack of hours
Great Place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJanuary 30, 2019
typical day at work sometimes busy , and sometimes slow . great coworkers had a great manager , flexible hours and easy to deal with customers store is always busy the most enjoyable part was working with the great manager and coworkers
I would like to work for cito
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, CTJanuary 28, 2019
Good plexus to work pay nice new I drive for one of the company it is good to work for som one hole I have a hater job then befur I look for batur work so I can mark moor money
Na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
It was an ok job but it didnt help me nor my family as much as i would have wanted it to. I would tell someone without kids to work there because you wouldnt make much!!
Buena
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2018
Fue una empresa buena,pero no ofrecian beneficios a los empleados
Cons
No ofrecian beneficios
Not a good career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 29, 2018
I will not work there again. The owner is not a good boss. The wife is very nice and easy to get along with. I just wouldn't work there anymore and they need a better policy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Mke you work hard but don't get paid enough
Really like it
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 27, 2018
I really like working at citgo so far but like with most jobs everyone does not do there far share..i also dont like that its only 1 overnight person its not a bad part of town but you never know ...i love the manager she is the sweetest she has worked with me and my hours due to a sec job
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 24, 2018
Not bad for part time work, love the manager. Fun, busy, and always something to do. Lot of customer servece as well as cleaning. Would recommend this job to someone.
Fast pace store easy work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 8, 2018
I liked working there nice coworkers and customers most customers come in every day its easy work gut got to make sure you check I.d. when supposed to and watch gas tanks
Pros
Easy work
Cons
I had to move
Interesting people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 6, 2018
I met some interesting people both employees and customers. My working hours we’re mostly closing 1-9pm. Made some great friends. It’s a good part time job
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Paid out of pocket if money was $5 or more off
most enjoyable part
cashier (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYNovember 5, 2018
Working so independently by closing the store, handling the register was a great part of this position. It was great working with customers and having regulars who knew you could help them. It was a nice a feeling and I personally had amazing managment
Good place to start learning, probably not a career to follow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work would start with punching in you card and then manning the cash register. As the foot traffic slows down, we start to check inventory, clean the store, and order inventory as needed. The manager was great and really patient in teaching me how the job should be performed. The manager also gave me other duties such as handling cash, logging in sales information in spreadsheets, and even trusted me with depositing money into the bank (every now and them). The workplace culture was laid back mostly. The manager was strict when it came to actual work, and expected things to be done in a timely manner, but if the traffic was slow, the manager allowed some down time to relax. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. The place where I worked didn't help that at all, as in there were quite a few customers that came into the store with bad moods/attitudes. What I enjoyed the most was working and learning with my manager. To be completely honest, if the manager was not good, this job would have be horrible. There is almost no way to advance your career in this job so it definitely is a temporary job to learn, improve, and prove yourself.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No benefits
Temporary position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILOctober 22, 2018
This was a temporary job to help me meet my financial obligations. It was a great temporary job, enjoyed many of my co-workers. The hours worked well with job search and interview availability.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hancock, WISeptember 19, 2018
Always ablento pick up shifts. If manager knows your family you get special treatment, no matter how hard you work. Always tells you great job. You are u supervised 90% pf shift.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Part time
Fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 22, 2018
It is a fun environment to work at and some of your co workers are fun to be around and work with. The management sucks does not know how to manage a store.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Nice to work for short time
Cashier (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 21, 2018
Part time work is good. Frindly enviroment helps to increase costumer handeling skill and dealing skills. All people are good in ctigo to work and make friends.
The worst place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heth, ARAugust 10, 2018
The owner of the store is so cheap he couldn’t fix a thing, and with Arkansas being a dry state on Sunday he wanted us to secretly sell alcohol to certain people and I didn’t want to
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 22, 2018
It is a great place to work. You have good managers and willing to work around any thing. You will love meeting new people also. If you like to work it is a very fast environment and your shift will be over before you know it.
Pros
You can buy food.
Cons
Short breaks
Only recommend thick skinned people
Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
Have good character and personality, also reserve emotions as much as possible. You’ll need to have a good sense of humor, as well as enough seriousness to handle situations.
Pros
Breaks whenever you feel and discounts
Cons
Negative civilians
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 13, 2018
When I worked there back in 2013 it was very fast paced. The hours were never guaranteed and they usually weren't very long. I was cashier and sold deli items and lottery and bait. The culture there was very diverse and since it was so small there were a lot of regular customers. The most enjoyable thing I liked was working with the customers. They were usually very friendly.