Citgo Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

work enviroment,
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 11, 2018
Would start shift by counting drawer to a certain amount. Do other counts, fill out paperwork, I became quicker at counting and memorizing multiple duties that were mandatory do complete by the end of our shift. hardest part would to help a customer and not quit been informed of basic duties. Most enjoyable part of this job would to have been meeting the diversity of people that needed a great ambitious and motivated person to help them get on with there day.
Pros
half off deli food.
Cons
inconsistant breaks
fun easy
Cashier-Night Manager-Stock-reconcile cash drawer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Learned all phases of store- loved the customers. It was easy laid-back .was able to advance in short amount of time,work was fun. Management was on hand and visible,could talk easily to him and he listened to his emplyees on ideas to make the store function better.
Pros
discounts meeting people
Cons
no healthcare
Work place with no breaks!
Cashier/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, MIAugust 31, 2017
When you get hired for any place the last question comes to your head is do you get breaks, in this place if you don't smoke sorry, no breaks, if you work during lunch you eat your food with one hand and do the cash register with the other. NICE!
Cons
No breaks and more.
Job Summary
Third shift Cashier and stocking (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 22, 2016
-I would normally get everything done as long as the other employees were doing there jobs in each shift. At first was a really nasty place but once I started getting the things that should be done daily its was a walk in the park.

-I can work with no supervision on 3rd shift and how to read fuel levels.

-Overall management was great other than getting enough hours to have a decent pay check

-Most of the co workers were nice and always there to help me other than a select few of them

-Having to sometimes work over 12 hr shifts because someone didn't show up for their shift on time

-Got to work at my own pace and didn't have management on me nagging
Pros
Working with no supervison
Cons
low starting pay and hard to get promoted
productive and fun work place, with room to advance.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, MINovember 17, 2015
day to day operations were boring and tiresome, it was the same repetitious thing day in and day out. small town so you learned all your customers on a first name basis. not much to do, small store, so cleaning and organizing didn't take much time, the majority of the day was spent waiting for time to pass.
Pros
breaked when you wanted, plenty of freedom.
Cons
time drug on, no benfits
It was a family Business
Cashier/ Stocks (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLFebruary 13, 2015
It was a great family business, as well as a great life experience. We lost this business due to many reasons, mainly because of financially. Losing this business put the biggest hurt in my family, but it also gave us the strength and knowledge to move forward in life. A second chance in running a similar family business would not fail, thats for sure.
Pros
Family jobs are great for schedules., Base price on gas and items in the store., Experience in every aspect of a business., The learning experience was the greatest.
not very productive, little pay
Open Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GANovember 6, 2014
The only thing I liked about working here was that the schedule was very flexible! but other then that the pay was not good at all they kept insisting to pay me under the table which I thought was very unprofessional. I also got very little hours even when I was already given little hours they would still send me home early when ever they wanted . My co-workers were okay a little too personal but they were okay. I got along with the manager great. I learned to not be afraid to speak your mind if you feel like you deserve something. even though they would not agree to my conditions and I had to let the company go I learned a lot about gas stations and how they run.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
little pay, few hours, dirty work environment
Productive and fun place to work with the public.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 9, 2014
On a typical day I would show up for work early to make sure the cooler is stocked before my shift.Once I finish stocking the cooler I would walk the isles to make sure there was enough product on the shelves for my shift after that I would count my register and start my shift.The job wasn't hard and I enjoyed the job because of all the different people you encountered though out your day.
Pros
You could work as many hours as you wanted.
Cons
No paid vacation
Unprofessional work place
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 18, 2014
Change gas prices on the sign; stock; clean counters, bathroom, floors, pack ice, run the cash register.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad management
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 27, 2013
Come in and get my drawer ready and switch shifts with whomever was working the shift before. Greeting and ringing up customers with a positive attitude. I would stock, cut and ring beer.
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIMay 2, 2013
Working at this store taught me skills such as cashier experience. I learned very quickly and was trained by manager and fellow co workers.
Ok
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WIApril 30, 2012
this job was alright! the main thing i liked was working with the customers!