Citgo Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Easy going job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shullsburg, WIFebruary 20, 2019
I learned how to cashier and food safety from this job. It's a easy place to work for, the manager was really nice. The hardest part of the job was working the graveyard shift that they eventually got ride of.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No set breaks
easy but demanding
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MIJanuary 7, 2019
I have worked here for 3 1/2 years. Management has worked with me on schedules. I am fairly compensated each year with a raise. The worst part is the turn over of help, as well as seeing how many dishonest people there are out there.
Pros
flexible scehdules
Cons
long hours of standing, potential of no breaks for entire shift of 8-9+ hours
Customers are treated with well behaviour and we help as much we can . Customer’s appreciation explains everything .
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
There was a homelike feel at my job as everybody was nice to me and working hours were also very flexible . I had to leave only beause i moved away and my job was too far.
Working as Cashier
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2018
Loved working as the Citgo. i have prior knowledge on the job before so it was easy getting accustomed. Loved interacting with costumers, mostly nice people. If there was some altercation i avoided instigating. It is a nice environment to work in.
Citgo
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tennille, GADecember 1, 2018
Is an amazing place, the manager is amazing. Pay is decent, but get evautions about pay raises every year. Christmas bonus, and also great work enviroment
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 31, 2018
Cashier, make sure no one steals anything. we served food too . clean hot grills. clean store at the end of the night. make sure my cash was right. put drawers up.
lack of people
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MISeptember 16, 2018
They don't have enough people staffed at one time and one person is expected to do everything and cannot get everything done in one shift,and work is left undone,one person is expected to cook and run register and help customers on the floor at the stanton Mi store.
Pros
discounted deli food during work hours
Cons
no breaks because not staffed
They don't know how to run business
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 17, 2018
They pay under the table and treat their employees like not right and they made me work 10 hrs and then yelled at me for working over so i left because they are doing everything wrong
Pros
Cons
everything
Fine work, horrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
Typical day at work included helping customers, stocking the shelves, coolers, etc., cleaning, and a small handful of other things.

I learned a lot about customer service which was neat.

The management was horrible, which is why I left. They played favorites and were nasty to their lower-paid employees. Owners gave raises and more benefits to people they liked. It was extremely difficult to work with those people.

I liked helping costumers though they were all very nice. The weekly pay was cool too.
Pros
Free coffee or soda all shift long. Weekly pay. Christmas bonus
Cons
Horrible management, excessive amount of cleaning, poor turn over rate, so when someone quits/is fired you have to pick up a ton of shifts for them.
I worked for Indians at the hood gas station.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 25, 2018
The people that owned it don't care about family or employees. They want you to work 8-12 hours a day, 7 days a week, no holidays off and if your sick they don't except call ins. The place has no vents for the kitchen and they sell outdated meat. Not a good place at all!! Also moldy pop machines and cross contaminated food when cooking fish and pork/other meat in same fryer and only clean once a week.
Pros
Loans when needed or tabs
Cons
No off time, no call ins, no overtime pay
Love this place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waunakee, WIMarch 25, 2018
I enjoy the customers, the management is amazing, very clean store. Flexible with hours or needed days off, good location, good prices on most items. Just a very nice place.
Also because of lottery and gas and being on a high traffic volume intersection made a difference.
Customer service clerk, cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ilMarch 7, 2018
From more customers to more customers as we also provided car washes. It was also a very active scenario. Much, much bigger gas station think of it as a Thornton but with one employee per shift.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIFebruary 19, 2018
I love working here! I still currently come in and help out when I’m needed. All of the people here are great and amazing to work with! The environment is laid back and the hours are enjoyable.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay wage
Taught me a lot but pay was awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I did everything task at this job. Cashier, cook, managed deliveries, ran store when bosses we're out of town and was only paid $7.50 an hour. I learned many good work habits here.
Easy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Longmeadow, MAJanuary 11, 2018
It’s a great place to start for your first job, the manager is very nice and respectful. The only downfall at working at this Citgo is that the customers are extremely rude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Customers
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2017
when i go in i had to check around the gas station an make sure everything was in place i had to count the money in the drawer before i could start working had had to watch all the people that came in the door too make sure nobody stole any thing
N/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAOctober 5, 2017
Management is very inconsiderate and inconsistent. Pay is low and hours are not promised but are usually 9 to ten hours a day but probably 3 days a week.
I was not happy.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work. the hardest part of the job was to stand all the day long ( 12 hours ). I was mentally disturbed and I don't want to that anymore.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2017
I loved working there. I wish it would not have closed. Very friendly co-workers. We had fun while still taking care of the customers. This job helped me with talking to other people and taking care of the needs of the customers.
Pros
free lunches, new friends
Cons
A boring nonproductive place to work
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 8, 2017
The management were college graduates from India, but were as well unprofessional. Employment experience was not memorable. I would not recommend anyone.
Pros
Cons
no lunch, no restroom within building had to go outside. no running water within store to use.