Citgo Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Decent job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 19, 2019
Citgo was a pretty decent job slow paced not hard work .but they don't really offer advancement that often so I because eager for something better with more opportunities
Busy, fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, ILFebruary 12, 2019
We have a wonderful Manager who is understanding and flexible with hours. It's a very busy store, but a fun place to work. There is always a lot to do, such as stocking shelves, making coffee and filling the grill, stocking the cooler and cigarettes and general cleaning such as emptying trash, mopping floors.
No place to go
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hellertown, PAOctober 16, 2018
No advancement, horrible starting wage, no benefits, no advancement did I mention no advancement and even if there was they would not give you much of a raise
Pros
Local
Cons
Pay
Lazy people
customer service and sales techniques (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIOctober 3, 2018
No advancement, just hard long hours of hard labour going unnoticed and unappreciated. Co-workers aren't even wanting or willing to train with a happy thought or a good attitudes towards new hires or new trainees. Co-workers had low standards in customer presentation and communication.
Cons
co-workers
Poor place to work
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INMarch 27, 2018
You are there by yourself. You have to take care of the entire store with no help. No one is there to help you if you need help. If you don't get something done they complain.
Pros
Free fountain pop
It's a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakemoor, ILMarch 19, 2018
I like the job and management. What I don't like is we get paid every two weeks. Sometime it's 3 or more.I really need to be paid on time.I also start at 5 a.m. until when ever my relief comes in I don't have a set schedule.
Cons
No Health care
First Job out of college Low sallary compensation @ First bit un time improved
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2017
Good company, however after working for Citgo for Ten Years They sold Out to Southland Corp. Due to the Oil Industry Fall,& I did receive & Decent early Retirement & stock options.
Pros
Great Benefits, work hours & holliday schedule
Cons
Low sallary compensation
Management could be better
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCApril 28, 2017
The manager I had was amazing and was very family orientated. As far as the owner, he could have been better. I worked there for almost 3 years and never got a raise and was barley making minimum wage.
last resort
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Low pay, customer service training was efficient but the environment is not the safest. Managers were considerate with schedule preferences. However the pay is not worth the risk at this location.
Pros
entry level
Cons
not safe
Manager was non supportive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Coopersville, MIOctober 1, 2015
The manager was non supportive and very rude. Did not train for long and when asked a question would refer to as learn it by your self
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 20, 2015
i would open the store, wait on customers, order and take of inventory. Management was poor. the hardest part of the job was it was family owned and the best was working close to my step father.
Looking for a better job
customer service, gas provider (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work is normal. I have learned time management and multitasking. Basically a single employee works in each shift. Its not that hard working there.
Pros
free water bottle
Cons
no breaks
Easy going workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2015
constant change in clients so everyday was a new experience. I learned how to deal with people from all walks of life. My co-workers were always positive and upbeat.
Pros
working with new people
Productive and acute work site.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day at work would be very intriguing. I looked forward to seeing my everyday customers. We would make each others day by just seeing and helping each other.
Pros
Happy customers.
Cons
No breaks at all.
Fair about job advancements
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2015
The company when it was in Tulsa was very fair to it's employees regarding raises and advancement. I would not have stayed for 24 years if I had not enjoyed working there.
Pros
Able to meet customers and work with sales personnel.
Cons
Cannot think of any at this time.
Great place to work, met lots of interesting people!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCDecember 31, 2014
A typical day at Citgo involves providing great customer service, lots of smiles and hello's. I also had daily chores to do like... stock shelves,clean store, outside, stock cooler, and make sure everything was within customers reach. My Manager was really great! My co-workers where also exceptional. Loved meeting different people and feeling like I had helped someone. The hardest part of the job was the stress of being non stop busy. I loved everyone that was around me.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no break-just in between customers
Dead end job
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  House Springs, MOOctober 3, 2014
No room for advancement and the hours didn't work with my schedule and kids schedule.
A very good and fun place to work
Lubricant Contract Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2014
I got a lot of experience by being a customer service rep and they had weekly incentives for the employees.
Pros
Good company and benefits
Cons
I hated they relocated to another state
productive and fun workplace
Office/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2014
My co - workers were great and made the experience great .
The new customers that came every day gave a vibrant and colorful experience daily
Pros
companions
Cons
family owned business
A good place to build people skills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Homosassa Springs, FLAugust 5, 2013
The perks of this company is that it is privately run. Working here can help a shy person break out of his/her shell. The hardest part of this job was the absolute inability to take a break...ever.