Citgo Employee Reviews

Working for a school credit
Cashier/ assistant manager (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newport, NHApril 4, 2018
I found it great that this job was able to take me when i was in 16 I was about to use it as work experience credit in high school. I know the management has changed but when i go up to visit my family every one is always very nice.
Pros
family orientated
good work envoriment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 2, 2018
good people, nice place, I had only worked there for the time being because my brother had broke his leg, and so I took his job over to help out until he was recovered
Poor place to work
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INMarch 27, 2018
You are there by yourself. You have to take care of the entire store with no help. No one is there to help you if you need help. If you don't get something done they complain.
Pros
Free fountain pop
Fast paced with work to keep u busy
Scaffold Helper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur laMarch 26, 2018
Overall a very good place. Just need more entry level jobs. Also need higher pay for those with certifications and experience. But overall good place to work
Love this place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waunakee, WIMarch 25, 2018
I enjoy the customers, the management is amazing, very clean store. Flexible with hours or needed days off, good location, good prices on most items. Just a very nice place.
Decent job to work for
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockyhill, ctMarch 22, 2018
Citgo was your basic gas station. Most of the job consisted of working the register giving change and doing lotto. At times you restock shelves and clean up after the coffee bar but all in all I good place to work good company and everything
Pros
Lots off free time most of the costomers are friendly
Cons
Every once in a wile you get difficult costomers
Venezuelan Controlled Private Company
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 21, 2018
Since CITGO was taken over by the Venezuelan Government employees took a back seat to bottom dollar. The work culture took a turn for the worse which is unfortunate. CITGO used to be a great company to have for the Tulsa community
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Ethic
fun work place
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 20, 2018
i learned how to work fast past the hardest part was all the stocking and work was good alot of nice people working there was stressful at times but worth it .
It's a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakemoor, ILMarch 19, 2018
I like the job and management. What I don't like is we get paid every two weeks. Sometime it's 3 or more.I really need to be paid on time.I also start at 5 a.m. until when ever my relief comes in I don't have a set schedule.
Cons
No Health care
Also because of lottery and gas and being on a high traffic volume intersection made a difference.
Customer service clerk, cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ilMarch 7, 2018
From more customers to more customers as we also provided car washes. It was also a very active scenario. Much, much bigger gas station think of it as a Thornton but with one employee per shift.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Fast paced
Scaffold
SCAFFOLD JOURNEYMAN, BROCK (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILMarch 7, 2018
This is a great trade to learn and grow in. Fun, fast pace work with plenty of physical movement and outdor work. After learning the basics it's a profession to love
Awesome Owner!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, VAFebruary 27, 2018
Store Owner is a great man. He owns many of the local convenience stores in the Covington Virginia area. The Area Manager is also a delight to work for.
Pros
Good People Fair Pay
Cons
The management at the Citgo location (Former Sunoco) is horrid.
Creating a friendly, clean atmosphere for customers taking care of their needs and the needs of corporate.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Transactions made at register, Checking in vendors & stocking items on shelves, cooler and dairy. Making sure the money, lottery & cigarettes balance.
Pros
One hour sick paid sick time for every 30 hours worked, Good honest customers for the most part, good relationship with management and other employees making it hard to leave.
Cons
One 10 to 15 minute break per 8 hour shift, no advancement or pay raise, not allowed to work over 30 hrs per week, no earned vacation time.
It was alright
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Citgo was the gas. It was actually a different petroleum company that owned the stations. It sold out to a Middle Eastern business developer. I was harassed by his brother who took my position as manager.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIFebruary 19, 2018
I love working here! I still currently come in and help out when I’m needed. All of the people here are great and amazing to work with! The environment is laid back and the hours are enjoyable.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay wage
it was an okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARFebruary 17, 2018
When I first started working there I was very excited because I was able to greet customers with a smile and meet new people the management was okay at first then things change you started getting treated different manager curse at you they say bad things to and about the customers and ect.. the work place did feel safe how they set uo things.the hardest part of the job is getting mistreated. the most enjoyable part was making sure the customer had a good understanding about the prices and leaving with a smile
Pros
good gas discount
Cons
No breaks
Great independent business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hernando County, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I was working there full time and going to school owner let me make my own schedule as long the store ran good and made profit . No issues other than no advancement father down the road .
Pros
Make my own schedule
Cons
No advancement
good time
NY -cashier (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYFebruary 12, 2018
great place and management, learned a lot, had a lot of responsibility regarding customer service. Handled money and closing up the station itself. good time
Poor upper managment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Headland, ALFebruary 8, 2018
Immediate management was fantastic but upper management was horrible. They will come in and expect the store employees to clean their messes. They will talk down to you saying you are worthless. Sets you up for failure.
Cons
No legitimate breaks at all
Manangment
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I would never recommend this company to anyone who is looking to get into the Oilfield. They claim to have an open door policy, but they are all about there management team only.